Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network (14543 Views)

MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon / Modern Combat 5: Blackout / Nigerians Dumping Glo Network For Airtel, Etisalat, & MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 10, 2012
rockafela: Glo wont tell u the truth, they dont have say until their America Host is Up...they just told their subscribers its due to technical issues ..its a lie..we know

cry cry cry
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by labeecee(f): 7:25am On Jul 10, 2012
Glo are the most useless BIS network ever. Incompetence for them is an understatement. They better shape up or bow out.
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by purpinkx(m): 7:28am On Jul 10, 2012
born2fuck: Shai!thank God for twwwwo sims

grin
I hav 4sims (i no be fraud sha) cheesy
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by chidike(m): 7:28am On Jul 10, 2012
Please can we report this issue to the Nigeria communications commission? Glo is usually stable, but once in a while stuff like this happens and THEY DON'T COMPENSATE THEIR CONSUMERS. You call their customer care and they are all trained to say the same shit. 'We apologize it's as a result of unforseen circumstances and it will be up soon...since 2 nights ago o!' We need to be compensated wen the get their service running, see i don go subscribe for airtel's weekly.

On another note, i'm using mtn BIS now, it sucks in ikeja (Oregun) and now i have switched to airtel (works well, 3G on point)! i sha miss glo, dem de try. But we must be compensated.

2 Likes

Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by funshybam(m): 8:27am On Jul 10, 2012
jeezybuck: Why are you all condeming GLO as if they dont offer good services, Every ISP has its own problems.
jeezybuck: Why are you all condeming GLO as if they dont offer good services, Every ISP has its own problems.
MTN all the way, trust my MTN. We give them YELLOW FEVER, DEM DEY SHIEVER!
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by luluosas(m): 8:39am On Jul 10, 2012
Glo Internet Users, Please Let's Bear With Glo!
Well, as much as I am not siding Glo for this internet blackout, which was anticipated earlier, I am not as well blaming or condemning them completely because, it could have happened to anyone.
I therefore enjoin all Glo internet subscribers, especially those who are connecting through Glo for their businesses, not to lose hope and I also expects Glo to reward 'all' their internet users with extended validity period,to make up for the time lost because, this outage is not the fault of the subscribers and again, we demand quality service for our money at all times.
Thank you all for your loyalty, continued support and patronage. Rule your world! Glo.
Meanwhile, I have not check this morning whether the internet services is restored now. Thank you.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/doomsday-internet-blackout-dns-changer-fizzle-172421519.html
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by luluosas(m): 8:40am On Jul 10, 2012
chidike: Please can we report this issue to the Nigeria communications commission? Glo is usually stable, but once in a while stuff like this happens and THEY DON'T COMPENSATE THEIR CONSUMERS. You call their customer care and they are all trained to say the same shit. 'We apologize it's as a result of unforseen circumstances and it will be up soon...since 2 nights ago o!' We need to be compensated wen the get their service running, see i don go subscribe for airtel's weekly.

On another note, i'm using mtn BIS now, it sucks in ikeja (Oregun) and now i have switched to airtel (works well, 3G on point)! i sha miss glo, dem de try. But we must be compensated.
I totally agreed with you on the bolded.
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 10, 2012
Was about to start this topic to ask how far was affected, Now I know.
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by luluosas(m): 8:43am On Jul 10, 2012
labeecee: Glo are the most useless BIS network ever. Incompetence for them is an understatement. They better shape up or bow out.
Chairman, if you have followed the event since Sunday night, you will understand that, the present problem Glo is facing is not restricted to BBS, it affects ALL internet, Roaming, Fixed Lines and international calls.
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by luluosas(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2012
purpinkx:
grin
I hav 4sims (i no be fraud sha) cheesy
Mine is 7 Sims with 4 of them Glo.

1 Like

Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by RichDad1(m): 8:49am On Jul 10, 2012
chidike: Please can we report this issue to the Nigeria communications commission? Glo is usually stable, but once in a while stuff like this happens and THEY DON'T COMPENSATE THEIR CONSUMERS. You call their customer care and they are all trained to say the same shit. 'We apologize it's as a result of unforseen circumstances and it will be up soon...since 2 nights ago o!' We need to be compensated wen the get their service running, see i don go subscribe for airtel's weekly.

And who says they are not aware? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by fulfillment2020(m): 8:53am On Jul 10, 2012
Plz can someone confirm if glo internet has started going. Am worried my client's will be waiting for my replies.
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by Flexie(m): 9:00am On Jul 10, 2012
its wat we use here in the office they said their sub merged cables are faulty and would take 10 days to fix. SHIT happens
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by obo389(m): 9:07am On Jul 10, 2012
[quote author=nelsono]@Akainzo

Ur statement is TOTALLY WRONG. I dont know if u r talking out of ignorance or mischief. But the FACT is Glo has a fiber cut on her submarine cable (GLO ONE) abt 8kM frm the shore where there cable landed. MAIN ONE cable has no fiber cut. There is no way MAIN ONE cable will hv a fiber cut and it will affect only Glo. Mind u almost all ISP (Swift, Cyberspace, Spectranet etc) n GSM coys (MTN, Etisalat, Airtel) n CDMA coys (Starcomms, Visafone, Multilinks, Mobitel etc) in 9ja r riding on MAIN ONE cable.

Thank you
Guy u too mch.tel them jare.wht do u xpct?whn som pple on nairaland dnt confirm issues.imagine MAIN ONE(multi conglomerate) bt glo(independently owned).
So my question nw is which ntwrk provider wil do it beter?The other ntwrk u guys re commending,dnt thy ve their own issues or is there a time they dnt xperience technical hitches?
Wetin wan cut glo optic fibre under water?Dnt u guys tink is sabotage?Abi na only glo gt optic fibre under water?Main one nko!!Why them no cut their own?Is it nt d same under water route both companies laid their cables?So why shd we blame&loose confidence in glo?If not for glo who revolutionalise telecom sector in 9ja for introducing per sec billing,slashing of sim cards prizes&givn these other ntwrk providers stiff competition,some of una for no dey run mouth dis way.
Yeah Etisalat is cul though bt one thing we have to understnd abt thm is thy re improving upon the mistakes of other gsm providers so no big issue abt them.as for me,wil continue to REP MY OWN 9JA GLO ALL THE WAY cos as far as am concernd,glo roccckkksssss!!
Shikena!!!

1 Like

Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by elords: 9:13am On Jul 10, 2012
glo ko glue ni. who says mtn is d best? i ve used mtn for 10 yrs nw bt nothing gud abt dem. just switched 2 etisalat like 3 months nw n its been smiles daily. etisalat all d way.
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by mamoussou: 9:34am On Jul 10, 2012
Estimated time to repair...10 days!!!!..The ship has to sail in from South Africa.
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by luluosas(m): 9:36am On Jul 10, 2012
fulfillment2020: Plz can someone confirm if glo internet has started going. Am worried my client's will be waiting for my replies.
Still not working. Please, explain the situation to your Clients so that they will not blame you for incompetencies later. Thank you.
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by ADint(m): 10:04am On Jul 10, 2012
Yes it is acceptable that fibres do cut and internet/broadband outages can occur without notice, no one is going to blame Glo for that. What is totally unacceptable is the fact that Glo has no redundant failover/backup connection in place for times like this!! Even if it means a slower connection, as least there would be some connectivity for customers while they fix the problem! What would it have cost them to have a redundant satellite or redundant secondary fibre connection agreement in place with the numerous satellite and international fibre broadband operators in the country?? This is grossly irresponsible and incompetent behaviour from Glo.
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 10, 2012
emmatok:

Sorry,

GLO-1,SAT3 and MAIN-ONE are under SEA-FIBER CABLE.

GLO don't need SAT3 or MAIN-ONE, when they have GLO-1.

Their issue is not with PDSN and Internet gateway.

It has to do with their CORE-NETWORK, because their SMS service seems to be down.

SMH...Have you ever heard of the word REDUNDANCY?..Please its best we reserve our comments if we aren't sure
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by montelik(m): 10:38am On Jul 10, 2012
dopc has also been down since sunday evening. seems glo are not the only isp down.
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by Gentleboby: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2012
EVEN SOME NAIRALAND MEMBERS DOWN ON THEIR WAY OF REASON NOT ONLY NETWORK.
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
Glo is useless
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by pakay30(m): 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
edogu: There seems to be no internet access on Glo network. Cant connect my phone to d internet since 10pm yesterday up till now. Here was d info i got from them 2day. [color=#990000][/color]Dear Customer, due to unforeseen technical issues, BB and internet services may not be accessible at the moment. We apologize for any inconvenience and we assure you service will be restored soon.
this same message was sent to me yestaday o. Glo is on fire
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by ericmooret: 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
Glo, you want to ruin my business. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by wizzymate(m): 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
Glo is back online. Currently using my glo line to post this.

1 Like

Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by Jayetiti(m): 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
yea Glo is back and better, rule your world Glo grin
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by holahabib: 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mine is still not working. Could it be working in some places?
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by Haydon1: 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by Wislet(f): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ah! Finally.
Tried using mtn to browse this one day of no access, and the network is crawling like no man's land.
Back to my glo abeg.
Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by bedane: 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
Even if Glo goes off for 1 month i still respect them for making life easier for Nigerians (MTN customers inclusive). keep up the good job Glo .

2 Likes

Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
[quote author=luluosas]Glo Internet Users, Please Let's Bear With Glo!
Well, as much as I am not siding Glo for this internet blackout, which was anticipated earlier, I am not as well blaming or condemning them completely because, it could have happened to anyone.
I therefore enjoin all Glo internet subscribers, especially those who are connecting through Glo for their businesses, not to lose hope and I also expects Glo to reward... so how much did glo pay u for ur sympathy advert huh!

1 Like

Re: Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network by polokor60(m): 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
yeah yeah after i just subscribed to airtel angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times / Covid 19: Video The Chinese & British Are Destroying The 5G Cell Towers / MTN Is Giving Out Free 20GB And 10GB Data Offer To Subscribers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.