Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone (5659 Views)

Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by OAM4J: 4:05am On Jul 10, 2012
For allegedly stealing a phone belonging to Rauf Aregbesola, the governor of Osun State, an Osogbo Senior Magistrates' Court on Monday ordered that a 32 year old man, Kelvin Ighodalo, be remanded in prison.

The Osun Government had arraigned the suspect on a six-count charge of conspiracy, fraud, stealing and impersonation.

The charge sheet, signed by a Principal State Counsel, Biodun Badeora, for the Attorney-General, stated that the accused, and others at large, committed the offence between November 2010 and June 2011 in Osogbo.

It also stated that the accused Mr. Ighodalo conspired with some people at Technical College Sports field on November 27and stole a Sony Erickson telephone handset with GSM number 08039404966 from the state governor.

The charge sheet said the suspect falsely represented himself as Mr. Aregbesola and used the telephone number on June 3 to defraud the Ijesha Monarch, Adekunle Aromolaran, of N500,000.

It further claimed that the suspect used the number on May 24, 2011, to defraud one Shenge Rahman of N200,000.

A Legal Officer, Michael Ubi, said that all the alleged offences contravened sections 8 (c), 1 (1) (c) and punishable under section 1 (3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and other Related Offences Act 2006.

The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to all the charges and his counsel, Remnus Ugwu, made an oral application for his bail.

But the oral bail application was rejected by the Senior Magistrate, Olusola Aluko.

Mr. Aluko directed the counsel to file a written bail application before the court for consideration and ordered that the accused be remanded in prison custody till July 31.

http://premiumtimesng.com/metro/5977-Court-remands-man-for-stealing-governors-mobile-telephone-handset-government-alleges.html
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by scopusng(m): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2012
Another death by hanging.Watching
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by PeeDaVinci: 8:51am On Jul 10, 2012
title misleading. this is not just about the stealing of the phone, but the fraud committed by the offender using the phone.
on the other hand, just wondering- how in the world does a governor lose his phone to a stranger - is the gov dumb and his security details stupid, or the guy is just too smart

1 Like

Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by Okijajuju1(m): 8:55am On Jul 10, 2012
All he could get was 200000 Naira with the governors phone!!

What a biitch Nigga.. Lock his thieving arse up!!
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 10, 2012
Governors and Presidents are not supposed to have personal phones, only office phones, thats how its done in USA, since we want to practice US-styled Democracy.
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Governors and Presidents are not supposed to have personal phones, only office phones, thats how its done in USA, since we want to practice US-styled Democracy.

You serious?

3 Likes

Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 10, 2012
[quote author=Ileke-IdI]

You serious?

And you think thats a personal phone ?
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by freecocoa(f): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2012
How did the man come about the phone in the first place?did he rob the governor at gun point or what? This people had better start telling stories that makes sense.

Btw the man is a f00l,he had access to that kind of phone,wanted to steal with it and stole that little? If i were the judge,I'd add 5 more years to whatever his time\punishment would be for being a useless,dumb and petty thief angry.
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2012
Billyonaire: And you think thats a personal phone ?

No na, it's Osama Bin Laden's personal phone.

1 Like

Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by freecocoa(f): 9:05am On Jul 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Governors and Presidents are not supposed to have personal phones, only office phones, thats how its done in USA, since we want to practice US-styled Democracy.
Which kind talk be this one? So he only talks to people on phone when he's in the office? or maybe he lives in his office too?

1 Like

Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by mrman2(m): 9:09am On Jul 10, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

lol leave the guy alone oo, he knows everything about Amelica. He's an Amelicana to the core.
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by alaoeri: 9:11am On Jul 10, 2012
PeeDaVinci: title misleading. this is not just about the stealing of the phone, but the fraud committed by the offender using the phone.
on the other hand, just wondering- how in the world does a governor lose his phone to a stranger - is the gov dumb and his security details stupid, or the guy is just too smart
As far back as 1991/92 though very small know a guy called FLOW (very fierce) he removed wrist watch from IBB hand amidst crowd in ibadan don't underestimate some ppl oh.
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by Toppie2(f): 9:12am On Jul 10, 2012
Guess the guy used jaz sha or how is dat possible?
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by shizzle11(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2012
[b][/b] grin
freecocoa: How did the man come about the phone in the first place?did he rob the governor at gun point or what? This people had better start telling stories that makes sense.

Btw the man is a f00l,he had access to that kind of phone,wanted to steal with it and stole that little? If i were the judge,I'd add 5 more years to whatever his time\punishment would be for being a useless,dumb and petty thief angry.

Don't get too berserk, i'm sure he stole what he could steal at that material time. And its not 200k but 700 (500 from an ijesha monarch plus 200 from rahman). I hate the activities of rogues and thieves but i feel better if they steal from polithiefians
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by stagger: 9:23am On Jul 10, 2012
If IBB's sandals could be stolen at the National Mosque, wetin be phone?
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 10, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You should learn how to talk...thats official phone not personal phone.
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by freecocoa(f): 9:27am On Jul 10, 2012
stagger: If IBB's sandals could be stolen at the National Mosque, wetin be phone?
Abeg that one is different,you can steal. Anyone's sandals\shoes at a mosque,when they all have to remove their footwear before going into the mosque,why won't it be possible?

But a personal phone is always kept handy,No?
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by freecocoa(f): 9:28am On Jul 10, 2012
shizzle11: [b][/b] grin

Don't get too berserk, i'm sure he stole what he could steal at that material time. And its not 200k but 700 (500 from an ijesha monarch plus 200 from rahman). I hate the activities of rogues and thieves but i feel better if they steal from polithiefians
Even at that,the amount he stole is very disappointing.undecided
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2012
Billyonaire: You should learn how to talk...thats official phone not personal phone.

First of all, Obama has a personal BB phone that he's allowed to keep. Second of all, according to your logic, if "democratic" politicians in other countries are allowed cell phones, what makes Aregbesola any different? And exactly how did you deduce that that was Aregbesola's personal phone?

Stop trying to deter the topic to Aregbesola's persona. Someone not only tried to steal, and to make it worse, the object of the matter is a phone belonging to an official. He needs to be punished. Period.
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by spyder880(m): 9:47am On Jul 10, 2012
Some say he should have stolen more, we are supporting evil but when them politicians steal from uS, we cry foul,
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by ektbear: 9:54am On Jul 10, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

lmao
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by shizzle11(m): 9:59am On Jul 10, 2012
I quite agree with you @freecocoa. Luck obviously ran ot on him, i strongly believe if the guy had the chance, he would have stolen much more, cos rogues like this usually don't wait for a second chance to get the job done. If only...
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by scopusng(m): 10:12am On Jul 10, 2012
spyder880: Some say he should have stolen more, we are supporting evil but when them politicians steal from uS, we cry foul,

He should have stolen more from him because he's a politician, they are robbers, thief thief.
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

First of all, Obama has a personal BB phone that he's allowed to keep. Second of all, according to your logic, if "democratic" politicians in other countries are allowed cell phones, what makes Aregbesola any different? And exactly how did you deduce that that was Aregbesola's personal phone?

Stop trying to deter the topic to Aregbesola's persona. Someone not only tried to steal, and to make it worse, the object of the matter is a phone belonging to an official. He needs to be punished. Period.
Whats my business with a madman called Aregbesola, Looking at that man, you could tell he is very uncultured,unlettered, and unkept. Who ever defrauds or steal his phucking phone should be prosecuted, and the politicians should also be prosecuted by these yeye courts that rush to prosecute common criminals and not the Farouks of this country. Shalom
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Whats my business with a madman called Aregbesola, Looking at that man, you could tell he is very uncultured,unlettered, and unkept. Who ever defrauds or steal his phucking phone should be prosecuted, and the politicians should also be prosecuted by these yeye courts that rush to prosecute common criminals and not the Farouks of this country. Shalom

My friend, you're beginning to annoy me with your desperate need to join a bandwagon. @ this point, you've not said anything, other than what you've been spoon-fed by threatened NL Politician-agents.
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 10, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

My friend, you're beginning to annoy me with your desperate need to join a bandwagon. @ this point, you've not said anything, other than what you've been spoon-fed by threatened NL Politician-agents.
Young man, you are upset cos of my radical opinion ? Then join the jihad, kill a bunch of people and get rewarded with 72 virgins.

1 Like

Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Young man, you are upset cos of my radical opinion ? Then join the jihad, kill a bunch of people and get rewarded with 72 virgins.

Ok.
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by joejeezy(m): 10:51am On Jul 10, 2012
stagger: If IBB's sandals could be stolen at the National Mosque, wetin be phone?
dem steal person sandals e enta headlines...na wah o
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by farouqzaib: 11:16am On Jul 10, 2012
I see a mature person and a not so mature person getting into it.
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by BlueMurder(m): 11:42am On Jul 10, 2012
The thief stole the phone in November 2010 and he used it to defraud people up to June 2011. Why was such an important line not blocked immediately the phone went missing

1 Like

Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by PosCaricature: 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]The Governor & his security details ought to be charged for neglegence & possibly remanded too. Hahaha!The Governor & his security details ought to be charged for neglegence & possibly remanded too. Hahaha!The Governor & his security details ought to be charged for neglegence & possibly remanded too. Hahaha!
Re: Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone by franksunny(m): 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
O phone!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Phone Numbers Of Senators In Nigeria / 2019 Election Budget: Senate Debates N53.6bn Vote For Security Agencies / Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.