Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,474 members, 7,954,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:53 AM

Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC (5685 Views)

2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan / Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race / Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2019
The Abundant Nigeria Renewal Party (ANRP)’s governorship candidate in Kebbi State, Alhaji Mustaph Yauri, has withdrawn from the governorship race to join the All Progressive Congress (APC) .

While addressing journalists after a closed-door meeting with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) officials at the commission’s office in Birnin Kebbi, he said his decision to withdraw from the race for the APC was informed by the good work Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu had started in the state.

He urged his supporters to leave the ANRP and join him in the APC.

The former ANRP gubernatorial candidate added that before arriving at the decision to leave the party, he had consulted extensively with the stakeholders in the state.

“The performance of APC governments in the state and the federal level influenced my decision”, he said.

He said the APC had every chance to win in Kebbi State and at the national level given its leadership direction and performance in the past three years.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/kebbi-anrp-governorship-candidate-withdraws-from-race-joins-apc.html?fbclid=IwAR12mgw6kPK-uIJCXorSEYGRsJnEQwMraWtfybfBUtgNWh2M0XwUEiw6r-w

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by dododawa1: 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
B4 another stage collapsed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by GentleMoney: 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
Hmm..

Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by shagasha: 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
Ok
Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by hisexcellency34: 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
ANRP...Facebook party founded by one unknown Tope Fasua

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by kolafolabi(m): 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2019
Not really surprised.. Greediness and selfish interest full everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2019
Cheap politicians with no sense of loyalty and integrity. It's high time we realize our power as a people. The fundamental problem of this Nigeria we have hardly ever gotten great leaders such as the Sankar as and Mandela.

Feel free to check my signature to compare and book the cheapest possible flights and hotels worldwide. It's TOTALLY FREE
Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by Lankyscot(m): 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2019
Which party is ANRP again? mtchewwwww

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by Omeokachie: 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2019
So he didn't know about the "Good works" before joining the race?

4 Likes

Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by didfy: 5:35pm On Jan 29, 2019
Vote dividers
Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by Sholaco: 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2019
grin
Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by Zinny25(f): 6:23pm On Jan 29, 2019
I'd rather lose honorably on the election day than give up on a battle that has not started....

State House of Assembly on my mind
March 2
Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by FreeConCiencE: 6:43pm On Jan 29, 2019
Zinny25:
I'd rather lose honorably on the election day than give up on a battle that has not started....

March 2

What if you have 100% assurance that you will lose and someone that has 100% assurance he will win is calling you and he is promising you juicy position, won't you work with him?

1 Like

Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by biggirlsrock: 7:16pm On Jan 29, 2019
Ah! Tope Fasua see your people O!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by SalamRushdie: 7:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
he urged his supporters? what supporters grin cheesy
Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by Zinny25(f): 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2019
FreeConCiencE:

What if you have 100% assurance that you will lose and someone that has 100% assurance he will win is calling you and he is promising you juicy position, won't you work with him?
That's what politicians do, that's y they keep decamping because they are not ready to serve the people but are looking for power to satisfy their own selfish interest and pocket. I'm not going to the house of assembly for that, but to transform my constituency and bring the needed development. It's either I win or I lose but stepping down is not an option. I'm not a politician but a 'State'swoman'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by fatiaforreal: 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2019
ANRP is a party of the near future. Only intelligent people appreciates the party for now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by taoshasla(m): 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
Abundant Nigeria Renewal Party is a party filled with high level thinkers. A revolutionary party that will change the narratives of the Country. Only those who believe Nigeria could be great had joined the party. It's a party of the patriots. ANRP isn't another party but THE PARTY NIGERIA AWAITS.
Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by taoshasla(m): 11:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
Zinny25:

March 2

Wishing you all the best ma. Which party?
Re: Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC by GleestarsMag: 5:09am On Jan 30, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEHrOgDtwbU

State of the Nation Address by Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), Monday, January 28th, 2019. #LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain #TheAtikuPlan #GNWA2019 #BetterNigeria

(1) (Reply)

Africa Fail To Prove This Man Wrong: (photo) / Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] / Zainab Ahmed: COVID-19 May Force 11m Nigerians Into Poverty By 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.