Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Can We Call This Cheating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can We Call This Cheating? (4768 Views)

Is This Cheating Or Flirting? / Is This Cheating? / Is This Cheating? If Not What Is It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Call This Cheating? by prettyjulie(f): 9:30am On Jul 10, 2012
In a situation where one Ȋ̝̊̅§ in a relationship aπϑ hangs around with friends of the opposite gender or goes on a date with someone else even when N̤̥̈̊ø̲̣̣̥ intimacy or form of romance Ȋ̝̊̅§ involved only τ̲̅ȍ be caught on such dates by the real partner ,does it mean the person Ȋ̝̊̅§ cheating on his/her partner?

1 Like

Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 10, 2012
what kind of insecure partner would think that, BEFORE asking who the person is etc? it could be a family friend, childhood friend, business meeting etc, why do insecure people think that a person meeting a friend (from the opposite sex) is automatically up to no good?

it comes down to so many issues
- did the partner lied about who he was meeting?
- did the partner lied about where he was?
- is the partner fully open about this friend he was meeting?
- there is a big difference between meeting someone BY CHANCE and catching them cheating, lol!

2 Likes

Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 10, 2012
No! Tell that small boy to grow up. . .
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by slimyem: 10:57am On Jul 10, 2012
Nope!
..except there are insecurity/fidelity issues in the relationship...
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Flashaldrin(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
prettyjulie: In a situation where one Ȋ̝̊̅§ in a relationship aπϑ hangs around with friends of the opposite gender or goes on a date with someone else even when N̤̥̈̊ø̲̣̣̥ intimacy or form of romance Ȋ̝̊̅§ involved only τ̲̅ȍ be caught on such dates by the real partner ,does it mean the person Ȋ̝̊̅§ cheating on his/her partner?
the only person cheating here is the person that sold that phone to you undecided undecided
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Sleekknight(m): 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
If the truth about ur whereabout is not hidden,den dats not cheating bt if u keep hanging out wit d dude,dat amounts to cheating
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by KAYD007(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
prettyjulie: In a situation where one Ȋ̝̊̅§ in a relationship aπϑ hangs around with friends of the opposite gender or goes on a date with someone else even when N̤̥̈̊ø̲̣̣̥ intimacy or form of romance[i][/i] Ȋ̝̊̅§ involved only τ̲̅ȍ be caught on such dates by the real partner ,does it mean the person Ȋ̝̊̅§ cheating on his/her partner?

@
You re in a relationship with sexkillz but goes on dates with MrBrownJAY!
& should not be considered cheating? damn!! angry

@op.

You should be extradited to Afghanistan & shot in back by the taliban!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Abeggi(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
prettyjulie: In a situation where one Ȋ̝̊̅§ in a relationship aπϑ hangs around with friends of the opposite gender or goes on a date with someone else even when N̤̥̈̊ø̲̣̣̥ intimacy or form of romance Ȋ̝̊̅§ involved only τ̲̅ȍ be caught on such dates by the real partner ,does it mean the person Ȋ̝̊̅§ cheating on his/her partner?

At the minimum, cheating is taking something away from your partner or relationship and giving it to someone or something else. Sex doesn't have to occur before it's classified as cheating.

To your question, of course you were cheating. You even stated " or goes on a date with someone else " You do realize the intent behind going on a date, right ? Do people who have partners still go on dates ?

1 Like

Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by KAYD007(m): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2012
@ sexkillz

2. sexkillz(m): Quote Post
No! Tell that small boy to grow up. . .

If were the "small boy" i would reply:
sexkillz: If you are in a relationship with me and you breach my standard expectations of you, or you betray the trust i have in you, I'll dump your arse

(ur quote in another thread)
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
KAYD007: @ sexkillz

If were the "small boy" i would reply:

(ur quote in another thread)
She is hanging out with friends she has no emotional attachments to. . . Friends i knew she had before i entered into the relationship with her.

She is yet to betray my trust or breach my expectations yet. I knew all these before i started dating her. . .BTW the comment you quoted was from a thread discussing another issue entirely.

That said, my stand still remains. That boy is a small boy and needs to seriously grow up. . .
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Johnny(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
How do you know that there‘s no intimacy??

1 Like

Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by prettyjulie(f): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
undecidedOk then,av heard you all especially you @sexkills
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by KAYD007(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
@sexkillz
She is hanging out with friends she has no emotional attachments to. . . Friends i knew she had before i entered into the relationship with her.

She is yet to betray my trust or breach my expectations yet. I knew all these before i started dating her. . .BTW the comment you quoted was from a thread discussing another issue entirely.
[b][/b]
That said, my stand still remains. That boy is a small boy and needs to seriously grow up. . .
I have no problem with her hanging out with male friends she probably knew before we started the relationship.Those so called male friends were there but she picked me!numero uno!! but when it is excessive , it might be detrimental to the relationship . For me i might not be comfortable & might tend to exhibit jealousy hence i might dump her ar.se if am no longer comfortable with such unpleasant scenario.

Apart from hanging out with male friends,she did mentioned going on dates with other male friends other that her main partner! As her numero uno, am i not the only one she is suppose to be dating? Dates that i no comes with emotional & to some extent pun.ani attachment! angry

so what da hell are you talking about? angry

My quoting your quote still stands grin(
sexkillz: If you are in a relationship with me and you breach my standard expectations of you, or you betray the trust i have in you, I'll dump your arse!
tongue

1 Like

Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
KAYD007: @sexkillz

I have no problem with her hanging out with male friends she probably knew before we started the relationship.Those so called male friends were there but she picked me!numero uno!! but when it is excessive , it might be detrimental to the relationship . For me i might not be comfortable & might tend to exhibit jealousy hence i might dump her ar.se if am no longer comfortable with such unpleasant scenario.

Apart from hanging out with male friends,she did mentioned going on dates with other male friends other that her main partner! As her numero uno, am i not the only one she is suppose to be dating? Dates that i no comes with emotional & to some extent pun.ani attachment! angry

so what da hell are you talking about? angry
C'mon dude. . . You have to ease off a little. You are not married to her yet, so there is a limit of exclusiveness you should demand from her. Her being in a relationship with you is not imprisonment. You have to give her opportunity to miss you as well.

As long as you trust her, and the communication between you two is effective, you have nothing to worry about. You do not need to forcefully remind her that you are her numero uno. She knows her boundaries and knows not to cross them.

When she crosses the boundaries, then you can take action. But it is wrong for you to take actions based on premonitions or mere gut feelings. . .
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by ronkebp(f): 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
Cheating actually starts from there, from couple of dates, having lunches together.....am sure there must have been dirty talks, here and there.....

1 Like

Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Mynd44: 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
So hanging out with male friends is now cheating abi? What is wrong in a harmless lunch or dinner with guys the BF knows?
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by ralfo85(m): 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2012
Have we talked about the intent of these male friends she goes out with? What if they are just lurking around like vultures looking for an opportunity to grab her from you upon the slightest weakness from her? Would you approve of such dates?

I suppose it would be good that she discusses the nature of her relationship with such friends freely with you, and can calmly answer any questions you may have without assuming distrust.
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by ronkebp(f): 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2012
Once in a while is fine...but when it becomes too regular that the bf is not even aware of the fact that you are having couple of lunches, he calls and you cannot pick up your phone because of the lunch-date, he calls and you lie about where you are or were, then it is bad.
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Exponental(m): 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
Cheating of course!
If u can give attention 2 another person, who could fit in/replace ur spouse without his knowledge is cheating. Best u shld do is notify ur spouse of ur intentions...
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Mynd44: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
ralfo85: Have we talked about the intent of these male friends she goes out with? What if they are just lurking around like vultures looking for an opportunity to grab her from you upon the slightest weakness from her? Would you approve of such dates?

I suppose it would be good that she discusses the nature of her relationship with such friends freely with you, and can calmly answer any questions you may have without assuming distrust.
If a guy snatches a girl from me, I will glad let her go. That means the girl will eventually cheat nah.
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by spikesC(m): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
prettyjulie: undecidedOk then,av heard you all especially you @sexkills
Damn!!!! you look so..... shocked shocked shocked
Can we go on a date, its actually not cheating you know
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by prettyjulie(f): 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
kiss
sexkillz:
C'mon dude. . . You have to ease off a little. You are not married to her yet, so there is a limit of exclusiveness you should demand from her. Her being in a relationship with you is not imprisonment. You have to give her opportunity to miss you as well.

As long as you trust her, and the communication between you two is effective, you have nothing to worry about. You do not need to forcefully remind her that you are her numero uno. She knows her boundaries and knows not to cross them.

When she crosses the boundaries, then you can take action. But it is wrong for you to take actions based on premonitions or mere gut feelings. . .
GBAM!!!
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by prettyjulie(f): 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
spikes C:
look at Ūя̲̅ mouth like date,N̤̥̈̊ø̲̣̣̥ such tin can happen not even after the criticizm here cheesy
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by nikkyshyne(f): 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
prettyjulie: or goes on a date with someone else even when N̤̥̈̊ø̲̣̣̥ intimacy or form of romance Ȋ̝̊̅§ involved only τ̲̅ȍ be caught on such dates by the real partner
O YES, THIS IS CHEATING!!
Even if u weren't caught, it is big time cheating.
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by spikesC(m): 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
prettyjulie: look at Ūя̲̅ mouth like date,N̤̥̈̊ø̲̣̣̥ such tin can happen not even after the criticizm here cheesy
ok, friends with benefits cool
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by horny4u(f): 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
Control issues
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by pcicero(m): 12:59am On Jul 11, 2012
spikes C:

*goes off to check her profile*

*panting*

Hmmmm, not bad.

@ OP, if this is what you wear to those dates with 'friends', he has reasons to be jealous!

All these ladies with friends sha! Even when they know that the so-called friends have intentions, they still have excuses to go on dates with them. Friends with benefits my foot! Why won't the guy be green-eyed?
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by prettyjulie(f): 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2012
pcicero:

*panting*

Hmmmm, not bad.

@ OP, if this is what you wear to those dates with 'friends', he has reasons to be jealous!

All these ladies with friends sha! Even when they know that the so-called friends have intentions, they still have excuses to go on dates with them. Friends with benefits my foot! Why won't the guy be green-eyed?
lol grin
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
pcicero:
*panting*
Hmmmm, not bad.

I had to check her profile to see what you were on about........and damn!!!!!!!! No wonder the bf is jealous, even the pose is scandalous, lol!

@OP
May I ask what was the occasion to pose the way you did? Lol
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by spikesC(m): 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
prettyjulie: lol grin

Pretty sweety, my offer still stands ooo
Gosh u're over killing shocked
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by Mynd44: 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2012
Now that pic makes sense
*don't tell Cindy I said that*
Re: Can We Call This Cheating? by cindyrella(f): 8:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mynd_44: Now that pic makes sense
*don't tell Cindy I said that*
Caught you! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Scared Of Relationship / Do You Allow Your Girlfriend Pass The Night In Your House? / How Accurate Is Urine Pregnancy Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.