Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

The More You Sit, The Shorter Your Life Span -study - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The More You Sit, The Shorter Your Life Span -study (8049 Views)

Teacher Makes Girl Sit On Hot Water Container In Lagos, Girl Dies (Graphic Pic) / The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women / Watching TV Shortens Life Span (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The More You Sit, The Shorter Your Life Span -study by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
The cruel Life Dilemma Between taking hours of your life to feed your mind with knowledge or train your body for physical perfection

You Can't do both, when training one, the other will suffer.

1 Like

Re: The More You Sit, The Shorter Your Life Span -study by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2012
This article is another way of saying exercise is good for the body.....

I do agree with it because before the advent of 'comfortable lifestyles', man has always been on the move. We migrate from regions to regions by walking, which has so many health benefits.

Someone could then say, ' hold on obo_man, but back then our lifespan was shorter? '...

Yes, our lifespan was shorter back then, that was because we had no answers to preventable diseases like infections, bacteria, e.t.c, and there were no vaccines.
Re: The More You Sit, The Shorter Your Life Span -study by foleyx: 1:07am On Jul 11, 2012
The jobless scientist for say make we no dey sit again, or make them abolish the use of chairs. i know some stupid nigerians would take this frivolous rubish seriously as long as it is conducted by the almighty white scientists
Re: The More You Sit, The Shorter Your Life Span -study by adesteve: 4:38am On Jul 11, 2012
Great article...i hope you were walking/trekking while reading this piece...get moving! Lol
Re: The More You Sit, The Shorter Your Life Span -study by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 11, 2012
It's a research and I believe in research but/though sometimes it could be awkward.
Re: The More You Sit, The Shorter Your Life Span -study by zeklng(m): 11:11am On Jul 11, 2012
please more biochemical reaction underlying it
Re: The More You Sit, The Shorter Your Life Span -study by StarFlux: 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
Isale_eko: I am surprised at people's responses to this.

This is pure common sense. The more you sit, the shorter your life span and that is a fact. Someone who sits at his chair for 8 hours a day, stands up from his chair enter his car, go home, eat watch TV, sleep, then watch TV all through the weekend and sleep at night is not going to last as long as someone who takes time to do some light exercise once in a while.

Your muscles get weaker from lack of active use, there is build up of cholesterol, and fat due to accumulation of sugars from lack of calorie burning. Well, add two bottles of coke and a three bottles of stout everyday and the life span even gets shorter.
theres a difference between sitting and being lazy.

jagbajantis grin
Re: The More You Sit, The Shorter Your Life Span -study by baysun2000: 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2012
My pplee pls listen to d words of d wise. Ordinarily we all knw dat sitting 2 long makes back aches ( what yoruba pple called 'OPA EYIN) if u wants to loose shape in future dnt takee dis advice. Let he that has ear, hear what d ....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Great-looking Private Pediatrics Hospital In South East Nigeria (Photos) / Contraceptive Injection For Men Available In 5 Years / Bello Matawalle: We Have Only 8 Active COVID-19 Cases Out Of 73 In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.