Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,099 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments (6102 Views)

Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments / Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN / YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by mukina2: 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
About 539 out of 1,200 winners from the first batch of the Youth Enterprise With Innovation in Nigeria (YOUWIN) who had completed validation requirements and have been paid their first tranche by the participating banks.

Speaking, the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala stated that the “Jonathan administration recognizes that the unemployment rate in Nigeria is unacceptable, and must be addressed as a matter of national priority, and has made job creation central to the transformation agenda.”

A statement by the Project Coordinator, Dr. Supo Olusi, said funds would be paid in tranches over a period of 12 to 18 months.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/171373-youwin-539-awardees-receive-first-payments
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by sholatech(m): 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
Confirmed!another batch expecting payment this week!
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by UyiIredia(m): 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
I hope they utilize the money wisely.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
Funny people. Out of millions of unemployed youths, na 1200 win jobs. Smh

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by Tyche(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
Wish them well.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by bigx(m): 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
kayusfit: Funny people. Out of millions of unemployed youths, na 1200 win jobs. Smh

1200 can create jobs for some of those millions directly and indirectly while the rest of the "millions" can create jobs for themselves and others without waiting for Government

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by Elueme: 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
Good work speaks for self... Empowering 1200 Nigerians with ingenuity.. Imagine the likes of Dangote's here . Imagine the ripple effects this can bring to Nigeria in 20yrs from now.. Exactly the vision the founding fathers of America have why USA is a success story of a model for capitalism.... Nice one , GEJ, nice innovation by NOI and Aganga and every other persons involved both directly or indirectly for the actualisation of this dream.. I also congratulate haters for you still have a way of putting govt on their toes... Nigeria is getting it right.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by egift(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
Good for them. My only worry from the beginning is that most of the final recipients may have been "sponsored" candidates. While 1200 is little, hope the succeed in various ventures.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by francis247(m): 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
mukina2:
A statement by the
Project Coordinator,
Dr. Supo Olusi, said
funds would be paid
in tranches over a
period of 12 to 18
months.
money don miss road. with this long term payment plan, how exactly will the investment further create jobs for millions of other youths?
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by okoji: 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
@egift what do you mean by sponsored candidates? I know a lot of the final awardees and the whole process was free and fair. There was nothing like special candidates. All 1200 candidates got there on merit based on their ideas. Pls don't belittle their effort.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by lacasa: 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
okoji: @egift what do you mean by sponsored candidates? I know a lot of the final awardees and the whole process was free and fair. There was nothing like special candidates. All 1200 candidates got there on merit based on their ideas. Pls don't belittle their effort.

Stay tђere n keep deceiving yourself
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by crackhouse(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
bigx:

1200 can create jobs for some of those millions directly and indirectly while the rest of the "millions" can create jobs for themselves and others without waiting for Government
oh yeah, as easy as ABC right? Sounds easy when said than done.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by okeyxyz(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
sholatech: Confirmed!another batch expecting payment this week!

what do you mean "confirmed"??
Are you an authority? are you presenting or citing any document or reference to that effect??
Sorry, I don't mean to deride you, but i have to correct you. Unless you meet any of the above criteria, you are not in any position to confirm any matter. Just letting you(and nairalanders) know. smiley
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by yelanst(m): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
@egift and lacasa,
I cannot vouch for the credibility of the YouWIN program but i can testify to the fact that my emergence as a winner was based on a fair playing ground and likewise some of my colleagues.I applied for this program at Tel Aviv, Isreal, and returned to Abuja,Nigeria, sometimes last year upon an invitation by YouWIN to attend a compulsory 4-days business training after which i shuttled back to Tel Aviv.It was in that foreign land that i received a notification as one of the winners.
I received my first tranche payment 3 weeks ago and I am presently in Nigeria together with my Jewish partners to start up a mini-Refinery in Port-Harcourt.
Very soon i will start my recruitment process and will advertise it on this land, so the engineers in the house should be vigilant.

5 Likes

Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by manny4life(m): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2012
Who says GEJ isn't working?

Hope they use the money well, and FMF follows on them as well.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by emmax2alfa: 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
yelanst: @egift and lacasa,
I cannot vouch for the credibility of the YouWIN program but i can testify to the fact that my emergence as a winner was based on a fair playing ground and likewise some of my colleagues.I applied for this program at Tel Aviv, Isreal, and returned to Abuja,Nigeria, sometimes last year upon an invitation by YouWIN to attend a compulsory 4-days business training after which i shuttled back to Tel Aviv.It was in that foreign land that i received a notification as one of the winners.
I received my first tranche payment 3 weeks ago and I am presently in Nigeria together with my Jewish partners to start up a mini-Refinery in Port-Harcourt.
Very soon i will start my recruitment process and will advertise it on this land, so the engineers in the house should be vigilant.

Hello Yelanst,
My partner and I also won the grant purely on merit. Very much interested in your refinery business. Pls contact me if you need partners,thanks

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by AAT2: 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2012
I second yelanst, it has been a free and fair award so far, but i guess like all normal Nigerians, I'm waiting for the Nigerian-factor to come in especially with the tranche-based payments.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by sonyjacobs(m): 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
I was among the 6000 candidate that made it to the second stage but unfortunately my business plan was not selected at the final stage. my biz plan was very tight and viable but i dont know the reason why it was not selected.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by dedeike: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2012

Thanks for the clarification. Many people on this forum think the YOUWIN PROGRAM is a fraud. They are also quick to point out to you that the program is intended to benefit only politicians and their cronies. But I have heard from so many sources that it's largely on merit. The minister of youth confirmed that much during his session at the Ministerial platform.
However permit me to add that given your background, you should have conceded your offer to other less privileged unemployed youths.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by mirob(f): 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmm, all na wash!

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by wadoski: 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa:

Stay tђere n keep deceiving yourself
Your grouse is that you were not selected, sorry pls. They gave the money to those who will utilize it very well.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by andyanders: 6:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
1200 ONLY in a population of over 150 million? I believe that even the 1200 to be given such grant are their own blood relations.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by jensinmi(m): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2012

emmax2alfa:

Hello Yelanst
My partner and I also won the grant purely on merit. Very much interested in your refinery business. Pls contact me if you need partners,thanks

@ YELANST & EMMAX2ALFA

Greetings to you two.

Abeg for those of us doubting Thomases, please tell how much your first installment payment was and the mode of payment (cash, cheque, bank transfer etc).

In addition, please tell us the total amounts the Government will pay you and what the payment plan is (amounts and scheduled payment times).

Thank you and God Bless you.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by publisher(m): 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
egift: Good for them. My only worry from the beginning is that most of the final recipients may have been "sponsored" candidates. While 1200 is little, hope the succeed in various ventures.

Dont be Silly, I have a relation who was also shortlisted,and we know absolutely nobody in Abuja.As a matter of fact,the selection process was VERY transparent cos a private firm handled it.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by publisher(m): 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
jensinmi:

@ YELANST & EMMAX2ALFA

Greetings to you two.

Abeg for those of us doubting Thomases, please tell how much your first installment payment was and the mode of payment (cash, cheque, bank transfer etc).

In addition, please tell us the total amounts the Government will pay you and what the payment plan is (amounts and scheduled payment times).

Thank you and God Bless you.

How many Business men go about telling the whole world exactly how much their Capital is? Especially when their business is in its infancy?
If you wanna remain a doubting Thomas,enjoy yourself at it and let the serious YOUWIN folks keep doing their thing. cool
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by fawazshola: 8:11pm On Jul 10, 2012
Good one..At least this is encouraging entrepreneurship in Nigeria.
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by sholatech(m): 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
okeyxyz:
You only need to check my previous comments on youwin to answer your questionable questions.
I am a
what do you mean "confirmed"??
Are you an authority? are you presenting or citing any document or reference to that effect??
Sorry, I don't mean to deride you, but i have to correct you. Unless you meet any of the above criteria, you are not in any position to confirm any matter. Just letting you(and nairalanders) know. smiley
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by chemashie(m): 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
So what happened to other scientists in the house? Do you think we can't be of help or contribute to your project?
Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by seun0622(m): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
I have no doubt that the selection process was free and fair from the reports given by awardees and friends close to me. I think the federal government for once deserves commendation on this project and I would have suggested they make it an annual project for probably the next 5 years.
The major issue that needs to be considered is how judicios the awardees make use of the grants. A very close friend was announced as an awardee and from the discussion we had that night, he had started planning how to buy a brand new state of the art car from the grant, also planning to move into a bigger appartment and so on . I don't need a soothsayer to tell me the business will fail. I hjope the awardees would use the grant for what it is meant for and not other things.

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by sholatech(m): 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
With respect to usage of the funds, it is spread into tranches to prevent people misusing the funds. Banks are involved in business funds monitoring, and monitors have just been recruited to physically visit regularly all the awardees in their business locations and report compliance with agreed fund usage and set targets/deliverables

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by gunuvi(m): 10:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
Either you like it or not, this is a man know man money sharing enterprise. I am sad for this nation. Although I know there will sure be some genuine entrepreneur among the finalists but my brother I know more than 80 percent are not qualified but are selected cos of their links.

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments by mabcos: 11:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
manny4life: Who says GEJ isn't working?

Hope they use the money well, and FMF follows on them as well.
U DONT HAVE TO ASK AS ACTIONS SINCE HE RESUMES FULLY AFTER THE DEATH OF YAR'DUA SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Africa’s Banking Market Second Most Profitable, Fastest Growing / Faltering Oil Prices Set Naira, Budget On Risky Path / Betonmarkets Vs Forex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.