Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

President Jonathan Summons Security Chiefs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Summons Security Chiefs (549 Views)

Ambode & His Security Chiefs On Early Morning Patrol In Lagos / DSS Raid: Governor Summons Security Chiefs / Security Chiefs Put Pressure On Me To Shift Polls – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Summons Security Chiefs by tyson55(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday presided over an emergency session with security chiefs at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The security challenges, especially the Plateau State’s weekend bloodbath which claimed more than 100 lives, was top on the agenda.

Senator Gyang Dantong and the Majority Leader of the Plateau State House of Assembly, Hon. Gyang Fulani, died on Sunday when unknown gunmen stormed a mass burial at which they were present.

At the end of the over three hours meeting, the security chiefs shunned reporters. The reporters wanted to know the decisions reached on states, such as Niger, Plateau, Yobe and Borno where the government declared emergency rule last year.

The Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshall Oluseyi Petinrin, referred reporters to the National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd.)

Col. Dasuki, who came out about 10 minutes after other security chiefs had left, declined comments. He referred reporters to Air Chief Marshall Petinrin for comments.

Col. Dasuki said: “Is that what the CDS said (that I am the one to talk)? Ok. I am now saying ‘go back to the CDS.’”

When told that the CDS had left the State House, he kept quiet.

When asked about the Jos killings, the NSA replied: “Is that what happened? No, that was not what happened!” He then forced his way through the crowd of reporters. He jumped into his waiting car, with the aid of his security detail and drove off.

The NSA, about three weeks on the job, has been around the troubled states, including Plateau State.

At the meeting were Col. Dasuki, Air Chief Marshal Petinrin; Minister of State, Defence, Mrs. Olusola Obada; Minister of Police Affairs Caleb Olubolade; Minister of Interior Mr. Abba Moro; Acting Inspector-General of Police Muhammed Abubakar; Chief of Army Staff Lt-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika; Chief of Naval Staff Vice-Admiral Ola Ibrahim; Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Mohammed Umar; and Director-General, State Security Service, Mr. Ita Ekpenyong.

http://ascology.com/news/local-news/26067-President-Jonathan-summons-security-chiefs.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: President Jonathan Summons Security Chiefs by DicksonDonny(m): 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
nawa o
Re: President Jonathan Summons Security Chiefs by White007(m): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
Col. Dasuki said: “Is that what the CDS said (that I am the one to talk)? Ok. I am now saying ‘go back to the CDS.’”

What is this suppose to mean? Or am i missing something?
Re: President Jonathan Summons Security Chiefs by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
Gridlock Jonathan. . . .All motion without movement.
Re: President Jonathan Summons Security Chiefs by Jenny20(f): 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2012
Is there already a misunderstanding between the new NSA and CDS?

(1) (Reply)

Leader Of Militants That Attacked Church In Kogi Captured In Edo State / It Is All About Aregbesola. Is This Bias Or Not? / Ethopian PM Meles Zenawi Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.