Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? (33096 Views)

Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices / What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Rick31(m): 2:18am On Jul 25, 2012
antitpiah:

Thats your opinion. I am just glad the rest of humanity doesnt agree with your deluded assessment. You call Nigerian delicacies food? You need your head checked.No wonder you all look like men; Morning, fufu; Afternoon; Eba; Evening, drink garri; Night, pounded yam. Where is the balanced diet in that. Not to even talk about the after-meal taste the food leaves in your mouth, so disgusting.

grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 10:41am On Jul 25, 2012
Rick31.:

The capeverdean food is same as portuguese food...the only food that is not portuguese is cachupa because is only 1"Traditional" capeverdean food but portuguese make it too! 90% things portuguese do capeverdeans does too, don't forget capeverdean was ex portuguese colony..., portuguese own the island before independence so the food, language...they did before still there except the slave thing LOL
Portuguese language still n 1 offical and still mandatory to speak in Cape Verde! capeverdeans don't speak criole at school... undecided

It is true cape Verde was a Portuguese colony, so the foods of both cultures will be intertwined, thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by kengis: 11:52am On Jul 25, 2012
Generally speaking I love west african food
Nigerian
Ivorian
Senegalese
Togo/ghana
sierra leone/guinea
But I like jamaican beef or chicken patties
they have ths sandwich called "roti" too ,it tastes so good
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by coolzeal(m): 12:01pm On Jul 25, 2012
Nigeria
Caribbean
South Africa or Mozambique, well Nandos
the rest are nothing to write home about..
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2012
kengis: Generally speaking I love west african food
Nigerian
Ivorian
Senegalese
Togo/ghana
sierra leone/guinea
they have ths sandwich called "roti" too ,it tastes so good

I never tried food from Togo, guinea and Senegal, so it will be interesting to try; I have heard good reviews about Senegalese food so who know after trying it it may bump up to top 5.

coolzeal: Nigeria
Caribbean
South Africa or Mozambique, well Nandos
the rest are nothing to write home about..

Interesting, first list talking about southern African food.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by kengis: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2012
[quote author=anonymous6]

I never tried food from Togo, guinea and Senegal, so it will be interesting to try; I have heard good reviews about Senegalese food so who know after trying it it may bump up to top 5.

yeah ,you should try the senegalese national dish :thieboudiene ,very good
senegalese don't have a very diversified "gastronomy" compared to other west african nations though
guinean food is almost similar to sierra leonian food
In Ghana or togo ,you can try gari ,ablo ,dokunu
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
[quote author=kengis][/quote]

You are right, thanks for the info
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2012
^^^^You'll definitely make a good wife.. wink

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by ronkebp(f): 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
For me,
1. Nigerian
2. Nigerian
3. Nigerian
4. Nigerian
5. Nigerian meals all the way....i have tried food from every culture i have been exposed too and i won't lie, it just did not go down well and maybe because i am a very picky eater, though i love Ghanian's dunkunu and fish, that is just the only meal i enjoy. Liberia's cassava leaf soup, is not bad too, but when you eat it from different people, it has different taste, so will stick with Naija meal any day.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
ronkebp: For me,
1. Nigerian
2. Nigerian
3. Nigerian
4. Nigerian
5. Nigerian meals all the way....i have tried food from every culture i have been exposed too and i won't lie, it just did not go down well and maybe because i am a very picky eater, though i love Ghanian's dunkunu and fish, that is just the only meal i enjoy. Liberia's cassava leaf soup, is not bad too, but when you eat it from different people, it has different taste, so will stick with Naija meal any day.

LOL, well people can call it biased or whatever but Nigerian food/cuisne will always be number one for me, So I understand where you are coming from and agree. 90% of the food I eat is Nigerian however I have tried cuines from other cultures that are delicious to.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by kengis: 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
anonymous6:

You are right, thanks for the info

You're welcome my dear

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by onila(f): 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
all other black food sucks except Nigeria and some ethiopian dishes

I like GhANA and Liberia cassava soup tho
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by antitpiah: 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2012
^^^

You have no taste. You like really bad foods. I have a feeling you are like this in RL, perhaps tasteless and ugly?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
onila: all other black food sucks except Nigeria and some ethiopian dishes

I like GhANA and Liberia cassava soup tho

LOL, Onila
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by onila(f): 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
antitpiah: ^^^

You have no taste. You like really bad foods. I have a feeling you are like this in RL, perhaps tasteless and ugly?

Nigerian food is the best in Africa and in the black world!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
Southern Creole cuisine rocks!!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ms.Dee

I finally had some Jamo greens and pineapple souffle by Ms.Jas.....it is good!

She cussed me out when I added some hot sauce to it and asked jalpeno cornbread!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Ms.Dee

I finally had some Jamo greens and pineapple souffle by Ms.Jas.....it is good!

She cussed me out when I added some hot sauce to it and asked jalpeno cornbread!

UMMMMMM sounds good sis. I have never tried it to be honest.

btw thank you for holding it down for me on that thread. smiley

thats whats up!!

but check out what i had for dinner last night!! cheesy

Spicy curried shrimp!!

[img]http://3.bp..com/-fnBL0-5Gzbo/TYrtgn6MxQI/AAAAAAAAAnc/R5NsyGJ3s8A/s320/Jamaican%2BFood%2BCurry%2BGoat.jpg[/img]

I had it with white rice and a salad on the side with carrot juice!! cool
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Southern Creole cuisine rocks!!!!!

YES GIRL!!!!!!

They eat the same foods we do in the caribbean.

gumbo, rice and beans, plenty of fish
and spicy shrimp/crayfish!!

OMFG!!! everytime my mom comes back from Jamaica she brings some red powder which I boil
unpeeled shrimp it...SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!! cheesy

Creole Spicy crayfish

[img]http://img4-1.southernliving.timeinc.net/i/2009/05/mothers-day-recipes/crawfish-boil-l.jpg?400:400[/img]

Jamo spicy shrimp

they dont look appealing but they are sooo damn good!!! cheesy

just...dont eat too much of them! grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

UMMMMMM sounds good sis. I have never tried it to be honest.

btw thank you for holding it down for me on that thread. smiley

thats whats up!!

but check out what i had for dinner last night!! cheesy

Spicy curried shrimp!!

[img]http://3.bp..com/-fnBL0-5Gzbo/TYrtgn6MxQI/AAAAAAAAAnc/R5NsyGJ3s8A/s320/Jamaican%2BFood%2BCurry%2BGoat.jpg[/img]

I had it with white rice and a salad on the side with carrot juice!! cool

I have tried the spicy curry shrimp and it is very good

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
kengis: Generally speaking I love west african food
Nigerian
Ivorian
Senegalese
Togo/ghana
sierra leone/guinea
they have ths sandwich called "roti" [/b]too ,it tastes so good

yeah its an indian delicacy.
[b]most of our food is African, Indian and Native American in influence with Asian seasoning.
smiley

*edited lol I had that BACKWARDS!!

roti:

the best roti i hear is in Trinidad though. smiley
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
anonymous6:

I have tried the spicy curry shrimp and it is very good

I agree. I LOVE spice! cheesy

plain curried shrimp is bleh! tongue
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2012
Roti? I never heard or tried that before, interesting
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
If you guys are going to post dishes, can you also post the recipe?

I am hungry and I need to cook today. . . .
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

I agree. I LOVE spice! cheesy

plain curried shrimp is bleh! tongue

I miss home already girl!!! Talking about some good eating!

Let me call Granny and tell her to ship me some stuff from home!

U know I gor ur back sis them mofos waited until u were alone and ganged up on u....iileke helped them up off of u....so let me tell her sorry for calling her feet ashy!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by kengis: 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

yeah its an indian delicacy.
most of our food is African, Indian and Native American in influence with Asian seasoning. smiley

*edited lol I had that BACKWARDS!!

roti:

the best roti i hear is in Trinidad though. smiley
I didn't know it was indian though
I used to go to a carribean restaurant near DC and most of the time I ordered that spicy chicken roti
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mrs. Chima,

When did you call my feet ashy? shocked

Seriously, I need to cook something today. Off to the kitchen
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2012
anonymous6: Roti? I never heard or tried that before, interesting

It is like a bread and my daddy make them sometimes.

It is popular on the island.....

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Mrs. Chima,

When did you call my feet ashy? shocked

Seriously, I need to cook something today. Off to the kitchen

U dont remember?? Oh! Never mind then......wheeeeew.

I made jambalaya.....u want some? It is hot spicy with ton of yellow rice!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
If you guys are going to post dishes, can you also post the recipe?

I am hungry and I need to cook today. . . .

i found this thread..

https://www.nairaland.com/25759/recipes-carribean-foods#641679 smiley
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by chic2pimp(m): 7:45pm On Jul 25, 2012
^^^^^ I'm willing to bet I've had more Jamaican /Carribean dishes than you've had.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu / Yoruba Menā™„ / Abstract Or Stylized African Art In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.