Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? (33064 Views)

Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices / What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 15, 2013
Haitian Plantains:
[img]http://eatingwithyourhands.files./2012/07/happy-haitan-crispy-fried-plantains.jpg[/img]

Haitian Beef Patties(not as good as Jamaican Beef Patties):

Jamaican Beef Patties:
[img]http://wwwhotwaxpromotionsdotcom1.files./2013/01/jamaican-beef-patties-09.jpg[/img]

Dominican Rice and Beans:
[img]http://1.bp..com/_oBXi-LUPC-s/SWKNmXQzdiI/AAAAAAAAAtE/jVp02nwnUFU/s320/010.JPG[/img]

California rolls:

Italian spaghetti:

Italian Lasagna:

Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese wink wink

Popeyes fried chicken grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by somalia9: 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2013
somali food

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
MsDarkSkin:
Hmm looks good.
What is this meal comprised of? As in the ingredients.
And btw i left u a lil gift...pm tingz..check ur shymexxlion account and hmu. #realshyt.

@anony...yeah...that pina colada picture alone made me crave one...i think im gonna have to have one as soon as i get off of work. Lol..

I got more foods to add later. smiley

Banana, onion, tomatoes, green pepper, hot pepper, garlic etc..

I saw it yesterday and I already replied the message.. Check your email..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
KidStranglehold: Haitian Plantains:
[img]http://eatingwithyourhands.files./2012/07/happy-haitan-crispy-fried-plantains.jpg[/img]

Haitian Beef Patties(not as good as Jamaican Beef Patties):

Jamaican Beef Patties:

Dominican Rice and Beans:
[img]http://1.bp..com/_oBXi-LUPC-s/SWKNmXQzdiI/AAAAAAAAAtE/jVp02nwnUFU/s320/010.JPG[/img]

California rolls:

Italian spaghetti:

Italian Lasagna:

Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese wink wink

Popeyes fried chicken grin grin

I love Haitian beef patties, they are the best
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
MsDarkSkin: hope you enjoy these Anony. kiss
Let me know if you want certain/specific recipes from the islands. smiley
i'll be glad to post them.

Oh yes I am enjoying, please post more, you have helped me with this thread.

I want this thread to be a high light and source of cuisines from black cultures around the world

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2013
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by alanmwene: 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
I have taste almost all african and carribean foods and this my take!
T the best and most diverse cuisines in africa are found mainly among people living in tropical forest areas.For example in nigeria,the best and richest cuisine is the calabar cuisine.The calabar is no different from the camerounese cuisine etc....The tropical forest offers a wealth of vegetables,ingredients and spices you cant found in countries like ethiopia,somalia,south africa,algeria,etc.....
This is my list:
1-Kongo+cameroun
2-guinee conakry
3-nigeria(because of calabar!)
4-senegal+mali
5-black brasilian

The rest are just good!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
alanmwene: I have taste almost all african and carribean foods and this my take!
T the best and most diverse cuisines in africa are found mainly among people living in tropical forest areas.For example in nigeria,the best and richest cuisine is the calabar cuisine.The calabar is no different from the camerounese cuisine etc....The tropical forest offers a wealth of vegetables,ingredients and spices you cant found in countries like ethiopia,somalia,south africa,algeria,etc.....
This is my list:
1-Kongo+cameroun
2-guinee conakry
3-nigeria(because of calabar!)
4-senegal+mali
5-black brasilian

The rest are just good!

nice, please post some Cameroon dishes you know and like
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
somalia9: somali food

I'm surprised you posted, I thought you don't consider yourself black
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by alanmwene: 8:03pm On Apr 15, 2013
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
KidStranglehold: Jamaican Beef Patties:

LOL!!

C'mon son! you're breaking mah heart!! grin
wth is that?!! shocked shocked shocked

that's not Jamo patties...
THIS is Jamo patties look like!! grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 15, 2013
anonymous6:

Oh yes I am enjoying, please post more, you have helped me with this thread.

I want this thread to be a high light and source of cuisines from black cultures around the world

cool cool
no problem sis. i'll keep them coming!! cheesy
#teamFOOD! grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
somalia9: somali food

looks good. smiley

i noticed you guys and the ethiopian restaurants both make that "tortilla" like wrap.
i wonder who started it first. do you know?

anonymous6: Dominican food

daaaaaayum that looks good!! cheesy i bet it tastes like a spring roll. grin

[size=18pt]@kid[/size] from the looks of it (the videos) it seems haitians probably consume the most meat out of all of the islands. it's like they have 1000 + recipes from the same types of meat lol.
watching the red peas stew and haitian griot video it confirms the fact that American Creoles of Lousiana definitely have caribbean/Haitian roots.

Their Gumbo is definitely something they got from Haiti!! No question about it. I'll see if I can find some videos to compare the cooking styles cool
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
Salt Mackerel w/ boiled banana (unripe) and unripe fried plantains.

this is actually a picture of a meal I cooked a few months back. smiley

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 15, 2013
[size=28pt]Louisiana Creole foods[/size]:

randoms:

they eat a LOT of beans and rice

Dirty rice...which also has Cajun influence.

as well as Jumbalayah

Shrimp and Crayfish Gumbo

shrimp and rice
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
[size=18pt]comparisons[/size]: Of course Haiti is not the only caribbean island that influenced L.A. cooking. Martinique, Guadeloupe and even Jamaica have as well however, Haiti has the largest influence/similarities.

Haitian:

L.A. Creole:

Haitian:

L.A. Creole:

Haiti soups:
[img]http://static.ifood.tv/files/beef_barley_soup_recipe.jpg[/img]

L.A. Creole soups:

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
mrs.chima kiss kiss

wah gwan gorgeous? smiley

@topic:

Easter bun & cheese. (it's called easter bun because it's a tradition to eat it for easter..i don't know why lol)

can eat with Jamaican cheese:

or American Cheddar.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 16, 2013
Antigua and Barbuda foods:

^^ undecided undecided

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 16, 2013
shymexx:

Banana, onion, tomatoes, green pepper, hot pepper, garlic etc..

I saw it yesterday and I already replied the message.. Check your email..

ok. checking.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 16, 2013

i still can't get over this sh-t.

#epicfailure grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 16, 2013
Salted Banana chips only found in JA! cool

This is the best brand:

i used to kill these but..they don't compare to chippies.

Plantain chips (also found throughout latin america)

my favorite Jamaican sodas:

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 16, 2013
L.I.B!!!

Liberian Cassava Leaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDF17hkule4

picture:

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 16, 2013
Five Favorite Nigerian Dishes:

Good old rice and stew (love mine with beef and plantain)
[img]http://4.bp..com/-7Og6pNkDgu4/Tocz-6aUu_I/AAAAAAAAANE/MlEn88e0p0I/s1600/Rice+and+stew+-2.jpg[/img]

Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup

Abacha/African Salad
[img]http://africanfoodie.files./2012/07/abacha-ready-to-serve.png?w=618[/img]

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 16, 2013
Cont'd:

Bitter leaf soup (Ofe Onugbu), with anything from Garri to pounded yam:

Pap (with loads of peak milk and sugar) and Akara cheesy
[img]http://1.bp..com/-eUAk1dH8CkI/UTUuSRgGy2I/AAAAAAAACes/ZCJ-nCsTRFs/s1600/Akara+bean+cake.JPG[/img]

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 16, 2013
anonymous6:

I love Haitian beef patties, they are the best

Sadly not better than Jamaican beef patties. undecided
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 16, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

LOL!!

C'mon son! you're breaking mah heart!! grin
wth is that?!! shocked shocked shocked

that's not Jamo patties...
THIS is Jamo patties look like!! grin

LMAO! Edited...
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 2:04am On Apr 16, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

[size=18pt]@kid[/size] from the looks of it (the videos) it seems haitians probably consume the most meat out of all of the islands. it's like they have 1000 + recipes from the same types of meat lol.
watching the red peas stew and haitian griot video it confirms the fact that American Creoles of Lousiana definitely have caribbean/Haitian roots.

Their Gumbo is definitely something they got from Haiti!! No question about it. I'll see if I can find some videos to compare the cooking styles cool

Agreed!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 2:19am On Apr 16, 2013
The difference between hay hay patties and jamo patties is the cook... not everyone can cook regardless if u hay hay or jamo or nigerian.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 2:20am On Apr 16, 2013
My gumbo is the shhhhhhhit.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 16, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
The difference between hay hay patties and jamo patties is the cook... not everyone can cook regardless if u hay hay or jamo or nigerian.

Its just that Haitian beef patty is mostly bread. undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 7:10am On Apr 16, 2013
[sub][/sub]
KidStranglehold:

Its just that Haitian beef patty is mostly bread. undecided undecided undecided

Again boo it's the cooks. I make mine to die for. Everybody don't cook the same.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 7:12am On Apr 16, 2013
MsDarkSkin: mrs.chima kiss kiss

wah gwan gorgeous? smiley

@topic:

Easter bun & cheese. (it's called easter bun because it's a tradition to eat it for easter..i don't know why lol)

can eat with Jamaican cheese:

or American Cheddar.

Hey suga. Better get Kiddie fuh I fugg um up!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peremobowei Shedrack Erebulu Visits Oboro Gbaraun In Delta State. Photos / Kingmakers Announce Lekan Balogun As Olubadan-Elect / Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.