Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section (7361 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / The Culture Lounge / *~ Ifyalways Voted Culture Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
Sir, Odumchi this is a serious matter why can't we post in a french thread without getting banned , I saw many Igbos ,Yoruba,and others languages in threads that are not even made for that. Dear mod could you please fix that? We are not spamming the site, we are talking/writing in a specific thread. Just imagine if you should get banned for all the Ndeewo,etc.
Thanks.
my suggestion :people should be allowed to talk the language they want at least in this section undecided
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
why dont you just creat a separate section for black americans or african americans which ever name they want to be known. This can give us living down here and have never been to the US before an oppurtunity to get to know them better. So that the gulf created between us by the ocean can be closed up.

Since this is Africas largest online forum, it is not going to be out of place to create such a section for one of Africa's most forward looking children.
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by dasparrow: 12:51am On Feb 25, 2013
souldust: why dont you just creat a separate section for black americans or african americans which ever name they want to be known. This can give us living down here and have never been to the US before an oppurtunity to get to know them better. So that the gulf created between us by the ocean can be closed up.

Since this is Africas largest online forum, it is not going to be out of place to create such a section for one of Africa's most forward looking children.

God forbid bad thing. Trust me, you do not want to get to know black americans better. Take it from someone like me who schooled, worked and lived in the USA for over a decade. They (black americans) are some of the most wicked, bigoted, xenophobic set of Negroes that you can get to know in the western world. If you only knew the heartache they give black Africans living in the USA, you go weak. Abeg, don't make this kind of suggestion again. Black americans have their forums that they can go to. If they choose to leave Nairaland, I personally won't miss them.
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by RandomAfricanAm: 7:38am On Mar 30, 2013
souldust: why dont you just creat a separate section for black americans or african americans which ever name they want to be known. This can give us living down here and have never been to the US before an oppurtunity to get to know them better. So that the gulf created between us by the ocean can be closed up.

African American works fine for me. I'd be glad to have an African American section or better yet simply a Diaspora section(no need to separate people anymore then they already are)

That aside

1. Please relax the spambot I'm afraid to post anything for fear of being banned. I have zero clue if I'm crossing the line or not when I post. It's basically a tossed coin if I'm banned for a day or not and to add insult to injury it hides my post then bans me(which means I waisted my time gathering cultural info)

2. Provide an avenue for haveing a hidden post reinstated,

Thank you!
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by tuktuij: 11:07am On Apr 26, 2013
i would like to see articles or pictures of festivals or ceremonies from different tribes and localities so that we can learn more about other cultures within Nigeria
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by TCUBE(m): 7:12am On Apr 29, 2013
seun and co have been sucked into the celeb ***** . What happend to the old nairaland that we loved?
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by somalia5: 5:56pm On May 08, 2013
I need to bring more of my people here, this will destroy.......uhm....i mean improve nairaland and take it to new heights. This place will blow up,eehm....i mean take off the ground.

I hope i didnt hijack......uhm...i mean take over the culture section during my brief......uhm...i mean self extended stay here. grin
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by Rossikk(m): 7:17am On Jun 13, 2013
odumchi: The Culture section administration board is working hard to make the Culture section a more enjoyable, neater, and learning conducive place for Nairalanders. However, to make our job easier and your experience more worthwhile, we would like to hear (or, in this case, see) you guys' suggestions. Please feel free to drop off any suggestions as to how the Culture section can be improved.

With this in mind, I'd like to remind everyone that this thread is not meant for complaints. A thread solely dedicated to handling you guys' complaints already exists (https://www.nairaland.com/231979/complaints-notice-thread-serious).

Thanks for your cooperation,

Odumchi.
If you had the slightest shame or dignity in you, you would not allow somalia9 to continually racially abusing Nigerians on this forum, while you ask us rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 15, 2013
You can do something about Somalia9's post on my thread...
https://www.nairaland.com/1289260/african-phenotype-diversity-thread/5

^^^Maybe delete them or ban him altogether.
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by odumchi: 7:54am On Jun 15, 2013
Rossikk: If you had the slightest shame or dignity in you, you would not allow somalia9 to continually racially abusing Nigerians on this forum, while you ask us rubbish.

If you had the smallest atom of respect within you, you would address me in a more respectful and deserving manner. I understand that you are frustrated due to recent developments, but that is no reason for you to speak to me as in such a manner. You should take into consideration that there is only one active moderator in this section, and upon his shoulders rests work meant for two. I have been very busy lately, but even at that, I still realize that it is my responsibility to attend to the needs of Nairalanders within this section, and I have done so.

Expect a formal address from me [to all Culture Section frequenters] soon.
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by odumchi: 7:56am On Jun 15, 2013
KidStranglehold: You can do something about Somalia9's post on my thread...
https://www.nairaland.com/1289260/african-phenotype-diversity-thread/5

^^^Maybe delete them or ban him altogether.

I will attend to it as soon as possible.
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2013
to whom it may concern. Why dont you consider my idea of creating a different section for black americans? I really want to know them
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by Naima00: 10:34am On Jun 27, 2013
I agree with the above poster, I would love to know AA better. Also is there a way of banning a member from a particular thread ? Thanks in advance.
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by odumchi: 4:28am On Jun 30, 2013
Naima00: I agree with the above poster, I would love to know AA better. Also is there a way of banning a member from a particular thread ? Thanks in advance.

Yes, there is.

souldust: to whom it may concern. Why dont you consider my idea of creating a different section for black americans? I really want to know them

If you create a thread about this and enough people support you, I'll suggest it to the boss(es).
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by Naima00: 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
odumchi:

Yes, there is.

Thanks for the reply. I think the one I had in mind has now been banned from the forum however his posts are still there in a thread I created few days back.
https://www.nairaland.com/1338418/tell-me-culture-what-common
For future reference What would I need to do if he were to return which I think he might?
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by Naima00: 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
odumchi:

Yes, there is.

The one I was asking about is back. He is Somalia10 can you please ban him from my thread https://www.nairaland.com/1338418/tell-me-culture-what-common#16581083
Thanks in advance
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by odumchi: 8:35am On Jul 03, 2013
Naima00:
The one I was asking about is back. He is Somalia10 can you please ban him from my thread https://www.nairaland.com/1338418/tell-me-culture-what-common#16581083
Thanks in advance

Done.
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by Naima00: 9:59am On Jul 03, 2013
odumchi:

Done.
thanks very much. appreciate it. grin
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by Fulaman198(m): 5:42am On Jul 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Sir, Odumchi this is a serious matter why can't we post in a french thread without getting banned , I saw many Igbos ,Yoruba,and others languages in threads that are not even made for that. Dear mod could you please fix that? We are not spamming the site, we are talking/writing in a specific thread. Just imagine if you should get banned for all the Ndeewo,etc.
Thanks.
my suggestion :people should be allowed to talk the language they want at least in this section undecided

While I do agree with you, it would be nice if you could speak your own mother tongue Cameroonpride :-D. We do speak English here and French from time to time, but I agree nonetheless.
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by seno408(m): 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
Re: Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section by Ostella2: 11:23am On Aug 21, 2017
How can we stop the Osu caste system in overland. It's ancient a d satanic. Discrimination has been abolished long ago. Let's improve as people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Superiority Between The Alaafin And The Ooni, Fact Of The Matter / BROKIN; The Nigerian Pidgin History And Origin. / Akata Planning To Relocate To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.