Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

The African Phenotype Diversity Thread - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The African Phenotype Diversity Thread (70073 Views)

South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity / Ethnic Groups Of Africa---- Let's Embrace Our Diversity. / Countries Of The World Ranked By Linguistic Diversity (nigeria @ #5) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by pleep(m): 9:10pm On May 19, 2013
Were do u ppl get all these friggin pictures from?
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 19, 2013
pleep: Were do u ppl get all these friggin pictures from?

LOl...Different sites and some from the beauty threads.
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 19, 2013
Rwandans

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 12:40am On May 20, 2013
Human skin color diversity is highest in sub-Saharan African populations.
"Previous studies of genetic and craniometric traits have found higher levels of within-population diversity in sub-Saharan Africa compared to other geographic regions. This study examines regional differences in within-population diversity of human skin color. Published data on skin reflectance were collected for 98 male samples from eight geographic regions: sub-Saharan Africa, North Africa, Europe, West Asia, Southwest Asia, South Asia, Australasia, and the New World. Regional differences in local within-population diversity were examined using two measures of variability: the sample variance and the sample coefficient of variation. For both measures, the average level of within-population diversity is higher in sub-Saharan Africa than in other geographic regions. This difference persists even after adjusting for a correlation between within-population diversity and distance from the equator. Though affected by natural selection, skin color variation shows the same pattern of higher African diversity as found with other traits."
-- Relethford JH.(2000). Human skin color diversity is highest in sub-Saharan African populations. Hum Biol. 2000 Oct;72(5):773-80.)

Modern DNA studies find even though some African peoples look different, they are genetically related through the PN2 transition clade of the Y-chromosone. Thus light-skinned African Libyans and dark-skinned Zulus are all genetically related Africans ,even though they don't look exactly the same.
"But the Y-chromosome clade defined by the PN2 transition (PN2/M35, PN2/M2) shatters the boundaries of phenotypically defined races and true breeding populations across a great geographical expanse. African peoples with a range of skin colors, hair forms and physiognomies have substantial percentages of males whose Y chromosomes form closely related clades with each other, but not with others who are phenotypically similar. The individuals in the morphologically or geographically defined 'races' are not characterized by 'private' distinct lineages restricted to each of them." (S O Y Keita, R A Kittles, et al. "Conceptualizing human variation," Nature Genetics 36, S17 - S20 (2004)
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by adannaajayi: 4:53am On May 20, 2013
Debunk! Am a woman of benin and i dont jabe what dey call "negroid" feature. Shame on our own people of somalia and the rest of d horn to shun us. Never enslaved? Rubbish! U have been d most exploited. U are aboutas iitalian as d white skin!
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by AlyricistLaura: 11:26am On May 23, 2013
KidStranglehold:

I see.

But what I was trying to really say was when those Near Easterns left for the colder parts, they adapted and came back to the warmer parts. I know I am not explaining good. But the same thing happened with the area of China. The darker population of southern china migrated to the colder parts or non tropical parts and migrated back, thats where how modern Chinese people came about.

Similar this is what happened to Southeast Asians. The original population of SEA was the Negritos(non African), once the lighter population emerged they were pushed back further south.

That is what kinda happened to the early Arabians.

Sorry if I am not explaining is well. And note there are 'black' populations outside Africa that are not related to Africans, which is why the thing called 'race' has its flaws.

Bookmarked For the Future

The Future post is already written. For a Future Epic Hypocrisy Slaying.

Saved on Notepad

Long Live Tha Andaman Islanders ~ cool
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by member11: 6:46pm On May 25, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

Bookmarked For the Future

The Future post is already written. For a Future Epic Hypocrisy Slaying.

Saved on Notepad

Long Live Tha Andaman Islanders ~ cool

Whatever you say...
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by member11: 7:24pm On May 25, 2013
Chad

1 Like

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by member11: 8:13pm On May 25, 2013
Chad

1 Like

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 25, 2013
The first light skinned chadian looks weird yoo
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by member11: 8:42pm On May 25, 2013
Fulani

1 Like

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by member11: 8:46pm On May 25, 2013
Fulani
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by member11: 8:55pm On May 25, 2013
Fulani

3 Likes

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 8:21am On May 27, 2013
^^ Much love to all Fulanis out there....
Yoo.
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Eri8: 5:01am On May 28, 2013
Man oh man these Fulani people you have posted can all pass for an eritrean or ethiopian.
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 5:48am On May 28, 2013
^^ :? :?
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 28, 2013
Eri8: Man oh man these Fulani people you have posted can all pass for an eritrean or ethiopian.

I agree...Especially this one!
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
Malians:
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
Malians
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
Malians:

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
Malians:

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
Eritreans

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
Eriteans

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
Eritreans
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
Eritrean

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by somalia9: 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
without the horn of africa, and the north africans, you just have negroids who look like apes. thats not diversity lol

Plz stop posting horners as am sure they would be disguest if a baria is posting pictures of them on a negroid site

can you go a day without talking or posting pictures of horners? jesus phucking christ, all your diversity revolves around horners
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 15, 2013
somalia9: without the horn of africa, and the north africans, you just have negroids who look like apes. thats not diversity lol

Plz stop posting horners as am sure they would be disguest if a baria is posting pictures of them on a negroid site

can you go a day without talking or posting pictures of horners? jesus phucking christ, all your diversity revolves around horners

Um....Yeah the only horners I posted were Ethiopians and Eriteans out of the MANY and MANY Africans posted. And I didn't even post North Africans yet, so I don't even understand where you're coming.

AGAIN DO NOT DERAIL MY THREADS, I warned you a dozen times.
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by somalia9: 4:09am On Jun 15, 2013
plz stop postin horners

stop this obsession
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 15, 2013
somalia9: plz stop postin horners
You and what army?

somalia9:
stop this obsession

Can you please stop with this people are obsessed horners because quite frankly its getting annoying. Also you're the one who obsess over a people you claim you do not like by keep making threads about us.

Also you been reported.
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by somalia9: 6:51am On Jun 15, 2013
i have reported you for worshiping horners

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.