Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

The End Of God Is Near - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The End Of God Is Near (1816 Views)

The End Of Islam Is Near / Various Dates Predicted For The End Of The World That Have Failed / Signs Of The End Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 11, 2012
On my way to church, it suddenly became clear - the end of God is near.

Two hundred thousand years ago, there was none of us modern human on earth. But what happened last week will be remembered some 200,000 years from now.

Scientists working at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) laboratory near Geneva, Switzerland, discovered Higgs boson, aka God particle. If it did not make front page in a newspaper where you live, it is because your society is yet to get to the point where empirical proof is more important than superstition.

In 1964, Peter Higgs proposed that there is an elementary particle that explains why particles have mass. The field of this particle gives mass by allowing other particles with multiple identities to exist in the same place and in the same quantum state. It does this by interacting with other subatomic particles in a way that it helps them to gain mass. Mass is what gives particles inertia. Without inertia objects cannot resist forces. Without forces, there won't be motion. “Without motion, nothing exists.”

So 50 years ago, scientists set out to prove Higgs’ theory that the God particle exists. They built the $10 billion dollar Large Hadron Collider (LHC). In it protons moving in a 17-mile long circular tunnel at near the speed of light smashed against each other at 11,000 times per second. It created mini-Big Bangs each second. Last week, after months of analyzing data, scientists announced the discovery of the God Particle.

If scientists had not found the God particle, everything we know about the universe would have been false. Now that they did, everything we knew about the universe had been false. It is a brand new world. The Dark Ages ended on Wednesday.

It will take another 2,000 years to know half of what this discovery means. And that is why you should care. Everything you think you know about life in this universe is on its way out. Not one. Not two - but all. It is so unsettling in scope that it is good that so many people are not even paying attention. It is more important that the transformation will not be overnight but rather in drops, bit by bit. Otherwise the current order will be so disturbed without a ready replacement. The creation of a vacuum with the potential to swallow everything will be so frightening.

I have always felt that people who clutch their Bible, Koran and other religious books in their armpits need to also pause, every now and then, to read scientific journals. If they do not read, at least pause and watch science programs like “Wonders of the Universe.” The world of modern science gives context to everything. The conclusion science will help keen observers arrive at is that these religious books understate God or that God underrepresented himself in them.

It is baffling that Africans who do not know how the fax machine works or how the television signals get into their televisions, are confident about the number of rooms in heaven and the best gate to get in.

These Africans believe that an old woman who lives down the road from them, who is probably suffering from amnesia or Alzheimer disease, is the one who tied the womb of their daughter. But their curiosity does not allow them to find out the science that this old woman uses to remotely get into the womb of their daughter and tie it. Maybe it is similar to the science of the fax machine.

Meanwhile in New Jersey, Prof. Jacques Cohen of the Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science of Saint Barnabas has created 30 healthy babies whose genes were genetically modified. Two of these children have the DNA of three parents. This is the first known alteration of the human gene line. The era of designer children and super humans are already with us. Prof. Cohen said that he could clone children too but wouldn't. But we know that somewhere in Israel and some other Island countries, where ethics laws are lax; cloning is being experimented with right now.

While Africans are still pointing accusing fingers at some old men and women, doctors in other parts of the world are helping any woman who wants a baby to have the exact kind of baby she wants.

The discovery of the God particle is not currently important to the everyday life of regular man and woman. But it is one million times more important than Isaac Newton’s discovery of gravity in 1687. And obviously more important than the discovery of the electron in 1897, without which you won’t be able to read this article off your computer screen. As advanced physical physics, the significance of the God particle is hard to explain. But it is a lot harder to explain it to those who do not understand how the fax machine works.

As big as this discovery is, it is not the greatest outcome of this research. What is mindboggling is man’s achievement of that elusive goal of designing a machine that will travel faster than light. We celebrated the breaking of the sound barrier. But it is the breaking of the speed of light that is full of opportunities. For one, we can now visit yesterday. It is no longer stuff of science fiction.

The earth that we live in is 4.6 billion years old. The last dinosaur died out some 65 million years ago. Two hundred thousand years ago, there was no modern human on this earth. No white, no black. No Igbo, no Hausa, no Yoruba. All these shenanigans going on now started some 200,000 years ago. This is just the first chapter of human life on earth. Not even a nuclear war, which is coming down the road, will destroy the world. Not even an asteroid, which will hit the world again, at the earliest 2040, will destroy it. The world will end when our 4.5 billion-year-old sun burns out. The earliest that will happen is 4-5 billion years from now when the sun will enter the red giant phase.

It doesn’t matter how many pilgrimages we Africans go to, the world is not headed to Jerusalem or Mecca. The world is headed to the bosom that modern science has prepared for it.

The discovery of the God particle, the very basic building block of the universe, firmly connects us to the Big Bang theory. The universe is no longer the question. And God is no longer the answer. Scientists are set to unmask God. It is the end of God as we know it.

Please correct me if I’m right.

By Rudolf Okonkwo
Re: The End Of God Is Near by braine(m): 1:09am On Jul 11, 2012
bayooooooo: On my way to church, it suddenly became clear - the end of God is near.

Two hundred thousand years ago, there was none of us modern human on earth. But what happened last week will be remembered some 200,000 years from now.

By Rudolf Okonkwo

I quite agree but people will remember some 200,000 years which doesn't sound near to me.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by DeepSight(m): 1:23am On Jul 11, 2012
bayooooooo: On my way to church, it suddenly became clear - the end of God is near.

Scientists working at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) laboratory near Geneva, Switzerland, discovered Higgs boson, aka God particle. If it did not make front page in a newspaper where you live, it is because your society is yet to get to the point where empirical proof is more important than superstition.

In 1964, Peter Higgs proposed that there is an elementary particle that explains why particles have mass. The field of this particle gives mass by allowing other particles with multiple identities to exist in the same place and in the same quantum state. It does this by interacting with other subatomic particles in a way that it helps them to gain mass. Mass is what gives particles inertia. Without inertia objects cannot resist forces. Without forces, there won't be motion. “Without motion, nothing exists.”

So 50 years ago, scientists set out to prove Higgs’ theory that the God particle exists. They built the $10 billion dollar Large Hadron Collider (LHC). In it protons moving in a 17-mile long circular tunnel at near the speed of light smashed against each other at 11,000 times per second. It created mini-Big Bangs each second. Last week, after months of analyzing data, scientists announced the discovery of the God Particle.

If scientists had not found the God particle, everything we know about the universe would have been false. Now that they did, everything we knew about the universe had been false. It is a brand new world. The Dark Ages ended on Wednesday.

It will take another 2,000 years to know half of what this discovery means. And that is why you should care. Everything you think you know about life in this universe is on its way out. Not one. Not two - but all. It is so unsettling in scope that it is good that so many people are not even paying attention. It is more important that the transformation will not be overnight but rather in drops, bit by bit. Otherwise the current order will be so disturbed without a ready replacement. The creation of a vacuum with the potential to swallow everything will be so frightening.

I have always felt that people who clutch their Bible, Koran and other religious books in their armpits need to also pause, every now and then, to read scientific journals. If they do not read, at least pause and watch science programs like “Wonders of the Universe.” The world of modern science gives context to everything. The conclusion science will help keen observers arrive at is that these religious books understate God or that God underrepresented himself in them.

It is baffling that Africans who do not know how the fax machine works or how the television signals get into their televisions, are confident about the number of rooms in heaven and the best gate to get in.

These Africans believe that an old woman who lives down the road from them, who is probably suffering from amnesia or Alzheimer disease, is the one who tied the womb of their daughter. But their curiosity does not allow them to find out the science that this old woman uses to remotely get into the womb of their daughter and tie it. Maybe it is similar to the science of the fax machine.

Meanwhile in New Jersey, Prof. Jacques Cohen of the Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science of Saint Barnabas has created 30 healthy babies whose genes were genetically modified. Two of these children have the DNA of three parents. This is the first known alteration of the human gene line. The era of designer children and super humans are already with us. Prof. Cohen said that he could clone children too but wouldn't. But we know that somewhere in Israel and some other Island countries, where ethics laws are lax; cloning is being experimented with right now.

While Africans are still pointing accusing fingers at some old men and women, doctors in other parts of the world are helping any woman who wants a baby to have the exact kind of baby she wants.

The discovery of the God particle is not currently important to the everyday life of regular man and woman. But it is one million times more important than Isaac Newton’s discovery of gravity in 1687. And obviously more important than the discovery of the electron in 1897, without which you won’t be able to read this article off your computer screen. As advanced physical physics, the significance of the God particle is hard to explain. But it is a lot harder to explain it to those who do not understand how the fax machine works.

As big as this discovery is, it is not the greatest outcome of this research. What is mindboggling is man’s achievement of that elusive goal of designing a machine that will travel faster than light. We celebrated the breaking of the sound barrier. But it is the breaking of the speed of light that is full of opportunities. For one, we can now visit yesterday. It is no longer stuff of science fiction.

The earth that we live in is 4.6 billion years old. The last dinosaur died out some 65 million years ago. Two hundred thousand years ago, there was no modern human on this earth. No white, no black. No Igbo, no Hausa, no Yoruba. All these shenanigans going on now started some 200,000 years ago. This is just the first chapter of human life on earth. Not even a nuclear war, which is coming down the road, will destroy the world. Not even an asteroid, which will hit the world again, at the earliest 2040, will destroy it. The world will end when our 4.5 billion-year-old sun burns out. The earliest that will happen is 4-5 billion years from now when the sun will enter the red giant phase.

It doesn’t matter how many pilgrimages we Africans go to, the world is not headed to Jerusalem or Mecca. The world is headed to the bosom that modern science has prepared for it.

The discovery of the God particle, the very basic building block of the universe, firmly connects us to the Big Bang theory. The universe is no longer the question. And God is no longer the answer. Scientists are set to unmask God. It is the end of God as we know it.

Please correct me if I’m right.

By Rudolf Okonkwo

Frankly daft.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by plaetton: 1:43am On Jul 11, 2012
^^^^^ A Heresy , perhaps?

grin grin grin
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Busybody2(f): 6:17am On Jul 11, 2012
IS THIS IT!!!!!

How utterly moronic and disappointingly devoid of sense, other than to show us how by one man's adept handling of some mathematical formulae, we have been further able to further glimpse "some but not all" parts of the universe previously unknown to man.

How far is the Sun from the Earth?

How close to the Sun has anyone been able to get to?

If this same set of deluded clowns have it on record that no one or nothing has ever been able to reach at least 19,000,000 km radius of the Sun, i.e. There are still many unchartered territory in the galaxy unaccesible to man, WHY SHOULD WE BELIEVE THIS CRAP?

And if not for pride, why call it the "god particle" and not simply GOD!!!

Only a fool in his heart says there is no God/God says He uses simple things to confound the "wise".

Arrant nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 11, 2012
Iyalode,

How far? I don catch you today.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Busybody2(f): 6:31am On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Iyalode,
How far? I don catch you today.

Mwuahhhh, the only strand of ileke on my son's ibebe-idi. Whaddaya mean you don catch me ke? I nor fit run commot from ya side oh, especially at this "critical" moment.

Me wey attach myself like glue because I know you would be graduating soon so that you can transfer all those buff male students contact details to me so that me and my kind heart can help you recycle them and dispose of them humanely tongue

I am still studiously swotting on those ABC websites you gave me, all that L,M,N,O,P work nor easy at all, but don't worry, my sheer brilliance and intelligence would sustain me until I get to the final X,Y,Z hopefully by December cheesy
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 11, 2012

did they really? Go back and check again. Many of you are just deluded follow-follow.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2012
Busy_body:
Mwuahhhh, the only strand of ileke on my son's ibebe-idi. Whaddaya mean you don catch me ke? I nor fit run commot from ya side oh, especially at this "critical" moment.

Me wey attach myself like glue because I know you would be graduating soon so that you can transfer all those buff male students contact details to me so that me and my kind heart can help you recycle them and dispose of them humanely tongue

I am still studiously swotting on those ABC websites you gave me, all that L,M,N,O,P work nor easy at all, but don't worry, my sheer brilliance and intelligence would sustain me until I get to the final X,Y,Z hopefully by December cheesy

hmmm we would be grateful if you dont derail the thread pls. This is not the romance section.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 11, 2012
Busy_body:

Disposing kini? Polyandry all the way lol.

Eyah at the non-functional ABCs. Shebi you called and paid visits?

Hit me up when you can. Hopefully by October, no excuses o. I no wan hear say Iya Basiru needs you for childbirth o, na my turn tongue tongue
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Hit me up when you can. Hopefully by October, no excuses o. I no wan hear say Iya Basiru needs you for childbirth o, na my turn tongue tongue

Oh dear undecided

These immature noise makers here again.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 11, 2012
Smh.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Busybody2(f): 6:41am On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ehn you mean I have to also call and visit to be tested whether I truly memorised and now know my A to Z tongue

Na my son woke up 4am and decided it is on my pillow he wants to play with his 7 foot long train and came into my room to set up shop on my bed oh. No rest for the wicked like they say, ehn grin

Hmmm, I thought for a moment that Davidylan was talking to me, but it can't be me because I haven't been in that romance section in like 3 years. Help me say hi to him incase he passes by again lipsrsealed

davidylan:

hmmm we would be grateful if you dont derail the thread pls. This is not the romance section.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 11, 2012
Busy_body:

Ehn you mean I have to also call and visit to be tested whether I truly memorised and now know my A to Z tongue

Na my son woke up 4am and decided it is on my pillow he wants to play with his 7 foot long train and came into my room to set up shop on my bed oh. No rest for the wicked like they say, ehn grin

Hmmm, I thought for a moment that Davidylan was talking to me, but it can't be me because I haven't been in that romance section in like 3 years lipsrsealed Help me say hi to him incase he passes by again cheesy

Iyalode, you know that you can always call on me if you need me to look more into ABC.

Eyah, greet my baby for me lol. He got his wickedness from somewhere no?

I'm sorry, who is "David"? Did someone by that ID post? grin tongue
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Busybody2(f): 7:20am On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Iyalode, you know that you can always call on me if you need me to look more into ABC.

Eyah, greet my baby for me lol. He got his wickedness from somewhere no?

I'm sorry, who is "David"? Did someone by that ID post? grin tongue

Are you minding that Dafidi, God said we should come as we are oh, and you can clearly see Bayoooooo sitting on the fence, waivering...

And instead of Dafidi to welcome us into the presence of God warmly, or heck even lasso us and have us tethered like the stubborn goats we are and forcefed us the Gospel until we start speaking in tongues from our ears, he is already telling us "no shoes/no chewing gum/no trousers allowed in Church, and whatnot" Mschewww cheesy
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 11, 2012
Just talk to your son abeg.

This follow follow and insults get as e be. Talk about immaturity.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 11, 2012
May God "god particle" forgive Busy Body and Ile-Idi for turning this thread to "Eku atijo se dada ni, S'alafia le wa gbo gbo ile nko o"
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 11, 2012
bayooooooo: May God "god particle" forgive Busy Body and Ile-Idi for turning this thread to "Eku atijo se dada ni, S'alafia le wa gbo gbo ile nko o"

Amen. Sorry.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

quite daft to be honest. this thread is on a specific topic, its not the venue for you to "greet" your friends. That is what email IDs and IMs were invented for.

Maturity is knowing NOT to derail threads with irrelevant nonsense. Not stringing around words you dont understand. Thank you.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 11, 2012
Look who suddenly matured up on this thread lol. That's assuming that you're innocent of derailing threads.

Anywaz.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Look who suddenly matured up on this thread lol. That's assuming that you're innocent of derailing threads.

Anywaz.

Madam just go oo. Ese, thanks for stopping by. grin The forum is not your personal matchmaking service. Serious people would like to take bayoooooooo to task on his ideas on the "god particle".
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 11, 2012

did they really? Go back and check again. Many of you are just deluded follow-follow.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 11, 2012
davidylan:

Madam just go oo. Ese, thanks for stopping by. grin The forum is not your personal matchmaking service. Serious people would like to take bayoooooooo to task on his ideas on the "god particle".

What do you have against "god particle"? Is it the fact that Big B.a.n.g Theory can now be justified or the fact that we can now visit yesterday? grin grin grin grin
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 11, 2012
bayooooooo:

What do you have against "god particle"? Is it the fact that Big B.a.n.g Theory can now be justified or the fact that we can now visit yesterday? grin grin grin grin

1. I have nothing against the "god particle". I think it is a worthwhile investment.

2. There are many scientists who are still unsure that what was discovered is actually the Higgs Boson as theorized.

3. HOW does the "god particle" explain or justify the big b[i]a[/i]ng theory? Please explain to us in clear terms.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 11, 2012
Who said I only stopped by lol. Atleast I made you notice the topic, no be me you follow enter here.

Lemme check the topic jare, make I reply. Seems like religion is now my second homehome.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Busybody2(f): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2012
bayooooooo: May God "god particle" forgive Busy Body and Ile-Idi for turning this thread to "Eku atijo se dada ni, S'alafia le wa gbo gbo ile nko o"

Awww, you are so sweet and charming and have a way with words, we are sorry jare for allowing Davidylan to derail us into derailing your thread grin

I used to sit on the fence too, but this CERN project to discover the "god particle that created the big bang theory that led to the creation of the Earth" was what made me sit up and got me converted.

Haba, why can't they simply attribute it to God and call it a day ehn! Awon onibara nb'ole bo cheesy
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Busybody2(f): 9:13am On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Hmmm, if only you knew the half of it. Davidylan has, for a number of years, been caught under the throes of true love for you - that place where one is compelled to look back to, no matter where one is heading to wink

The latest release in the Science manual from Oxford University, has found that being in love shuts down the prefrontal cortex of the brain responsible for rational thinking, hence reason love makes us take leave of our senses and do silly things . . . But seriously, this is so sweet of him to think that despite all his chest pumping and testosterone fest, he is still human, (((awww hugs Dafidii)))

So don't worry ileke, I would talk to my son Dafidi to find out when we should start bringing you yams, leave it to me okay cheesy Men sha, instead of him to capitalise on the glaring fact that you sef dey sit ontop fence and bring you under his wings and win your soul for Christ, he dey denge pose dey nitpick your posts up and down. . . grin My Dad was my Mum's Maths Teacher at University and see what a fine specimen I turned out to be, so both of you hurry up and get married jare, I want to see my grandchildren lipsrsealed
Re: The End Of God Is Near by IdiAmin2(m): 11:59am On Jul 11, 2012
Nigerians!!!
Typical no brainers

First of all, I've never heard of all these things written in this article, so I can say I agree or disagree with this God particle stuff.
but typical low IQ Nigerians will just start raining abuses on the article and the writer, and they haven't gone to verify if the info is valid or true.
No wonder Botha said blacks are genetically intellectually inferior - there's plenty of evidence on Nairaland to support this
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Enigma(m): 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2012
Plenty of rubbish in the article in the opening post!

So 50 years ago, scientists set out to prove Higgs’ theory that the God particle exists.

I imagine 50 years "ago" actually means 50 years later; ok, a forgivable typo.

Last week, after months of analyzing data, scientists announced the discovery of the God Particle.

Again, this may be forgivable but the announcement was not quite in those terms exactly.

Now then what exactly is the Okonkwo fellow saying here?

More nonsense.

I have always felt that people who clutch their Bible, Koran and other religious books in their armpits need to also pause, every now and then, to read scientific journals. If they do not read, at least pause and watch science programs like “Wonders of the Universe.”

Idiotic. Like the old man in the village or the grandmother who may just have learned to do basic reading in the vernacular and can thus just about read the Bible? Yeah, give them the latest scientific journal or thrust them in front of a TV program in a foreign language.

Let us copy the fellow's own style: I have always felt that people who shout science science science while merely regurgitating claims made by some scientists in the Western world need also to pause to use their own brains to think sometimes.

etc etc

cool
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Busybody2(f): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
Idi-Amin:
Nigerians!!!
Typical no brainer

[size=14pt]First of all, I've never heard of all these things written in this article, so I can say I agree or disagree with this God particle stuff.[\size]
but typical low IQ Nigerians will just start raining abuses on the article and the writer, and they haven't gone to verify if the info is valid or true.
No wonder Botha said blacks are genetically intellectually inferior - there's plenty of evidence on Nairaland to support this

What a load of twaddle filled with hot air and no substance. Peter Higgs was fiddling the codes as far back as the 1960's and William Wildergrave further challenged Physicists to seek out the Higgs bison in 1993, and a couple of years ago, there was an attempt to reproduce the Big ban.g, with these Scientists 100% sure that once they flicked the switch, the World was gonna end. Even Obama was glued to the TV set in awe, but guess what happened dumbo! Otondo.

And have you considered the irony that the reason you have never heard of this is because you need to get your head outta your ar.se a lot more, psssfft.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2012
bayooooooo:

Mr. Okonkwo, many of us not just read science journals, we also author some of them. Most of them are as useless as the paper they are written on. One of the biggest problem pharma consistently encounters when it comes to science journals is the inability to replicate a vast majority of the "science" published today. Is okonkwo aware of this? I guess not.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
Idi-Amin:
Nigerians!!!
Typical no brainers

First of all, I've never heard of all these things written in this article, so I can say I agree or disagree with this God particle stuff.

the only way you've never heard of the LHC is if you've been living in a cave for the last 20 yrs. To accuse the rest of us of having a low IQ is just ironic. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Worldly Dance, Worldly Song, Worldly Music, Worldly Movie, : Enough Is Enough / Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall / COMET ISON: Could 7 COMETS All At Once Be Well Biblical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.