Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,676 members, 7,820,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

The End Of God Is Near - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The End Of God Is Near (1820 Views)

The End Of Islam Is Near / Various Dates Predicted For The End Of The World That Have Failed / Signs Of The End Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The End Of God Is Near by Enigma(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2012
davidylan:

Mr. Okonkwo, many of us not just read science journals, we also author some of them. Most of them are as useless as the paper they are written on. One of the biggest problem pharma consistently encounters when it comes to science journals is the inability to replicate a vast majority of the "science" published today. Is okonkwo aware of this? I guess not.

This is one thing that many people do not know about academic writing and academic "papers". Quite a lot of it is tosh and/or fanciful nonsense. smiley

cool
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
Enigma:

This is one thing that many people do not know about academic writing and academic "papers". Quite a lot of it is tosh and/or fanciful nonsense. smiley

cool

Its quite funny when i hear folks tout science journals... it just tells me they probably have no idea what they themselves are talking about.
Trying to read the methods section of most of the journals on pubmed is an exercise in futility.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by DaMayor1: 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2012
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountain of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries".....Robert Jastrow (American astronomer, physicist, cosmologist and leading NASA scientist)
Re: The End Of God Is Near by ronkebp(f): 3:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
@ Poster......No you got it wrong!!!! it is actually the end of your own god.
Re: The End Of God Is Near by Enigma(m): 10:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
davidylan:

1. I have nothing against the "god particle". I think it is a worthwhile investment.

2. There are many scientists who are still unsure that what was discovered is actually the Higgs Boson as theorized.

3. HOW does the "god particle" explain or justify the big b[i]a[/i]ng theory? Please explain to us in clear terms.

Re the bolded

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Will-the-Real-Higgs-Boson-Please-Stand-Up-75596.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2171611/Is-God-particle-impostor-Scientists-claim-signal-Large-Hadron-Collider-Higgs-all.html

cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Comparing Jesus And Muhammed / COMET ISON: Could 7 COMETS All At Once Be Well Biblical? / Message To All People That Sends Religious Messages In Threat (disguise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.