Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,783 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:59 PM

Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month (12995 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by denitro(m): 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2012
4000 MW = stable power supply
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2012
ZUBY77: We have been waiting since 1960. Four more weeks wont kill us

True. Not even 4 years.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Akieagle: 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
In the next generation..
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by kourt: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
Na WASH grin
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2012
soma042: just like saying islam is a religion of peace
chai guy u no go kill me grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by slimslim: 5:27pm On Jul 11, 2012
We never see the light self, dem don they increase bill.

I got bill of N11,500.00 yesterday for the month of June 2012. In May 2012, my bill was N1,300.00. I don't know where the additional N10+ comes from.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by bigfat01: 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2012
[size=30pt]light in NIGERIA lol[/size]
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by lumeneng22: 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2012
Doubting thomases if una no read the message well, una no de watch tv? Sorry no light to watch tv what of i pass my neighbour abi no money to buy petrol? Anyway this is coming from a performing govt of GEJ and not those mumu them who left us with nothing and still struggling to come back. I believe in the NDPHCN with what i hav seen.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Mandelaguy(m): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
Is it no longer one step at a time? I am happy to see that someone brought a paper that was published in 1986, to tell you that the power ting no be come shoot bird......so,the first step is to complete the power transmission projects. I know that all the witches tha prefer darkness will not want steady light supply.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by mekaboy(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2012
LETS HOPE ITS TRUE, HEARD OF IMPROVEMENTS IN SOME PARTS OF THE COUNTRY ALREADY .
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Fhemmmy: 7:34pm On Jul 11, 2012
Inasmuch as i doubt this, however, i will wait and count down with the govt . . . .
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by asudan: 7:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
edicolove: The topic is misleading. @op, Where did the FG say power will be stable in one month. Why not say it as it is. The FG has giving a deadline for completion of transmission project. Then we'll see where we go from there! That will definitely translate to improved power supply but there are still many factors to overcome. I have been in Edo and Delta states and power has really improved. Especially in Edo.
it is not true
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by tlops(m): 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2012
Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month and then total blackout for the rest of the year!!
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by chijokz(m): 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
bodejohn:

While you are right with your assertions on the population and load demand of Ghana, you should also take into consideration that we, Nigerians, are responsible for our present predicament by not been proactive enough to forecast what load demand we will need. Note that I am not blaming any particular government or person but all the governments from the local government to the federal government from the time Nigeria became independent.
Having said that, it is only sensational to say that the power issues will be fixed in one month. It cannot even be done in a year not even in two years.
We need to understand that availability of power in our homes is not only about generation but also transmission and distribution.

For example I live in a community with more than 250 buildings without a single transformer but has to go as much at 2 to 3km to take power from the nearest transformer, sometimes when there is power, I get only 50Volts as my mains supply. Generating 30,000MW of power will not change my situation until i get a transformer to be within 100 or 200Meters of my house.
This is why the problems that we have now is as a result of the action or inaction of the governments past and every wrong decision made by this current government will be like a seed that will germinate and hunt us in the future to come.

On point.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by member479760: 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
let the math guru solve it!

input data:
52 years = 4000MW achieved
if minimum MW needed for 160M people is 70000MW
then:
1 month = how many years?
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by niyimat(m): 8:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
feelamong: Infact this means I need to buy another 'I Pass my neighbour' join the 3 wey i get before! angry
You go kill me with laughs
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by all1(m): 9:19pm On Jul 11, 2012
feelamong: Infact this means I need to buy another 'I Pass my neighbour' join the 3 wey i get before! angry
Hahahahahaha! Very funny.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by honeymix77(m): 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2012
why do these ppl talk as if they are contesting election. we will, when are we giong to hear we have. it shows dat they don't have solution to nigeria's problem. i wish dey could just resign.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2012
bodejohn:

While you are right with your assertions on the population and load demand of Ghana, you should also take into consideration that we, Nigerians, are responsible for our present predicament by not been proactive enough to forecast what load demand we will need. Note that I am not blaming any particular government or person but all the governments from the local government to the federal government from the time Nigeria became independent.
Having said that, it is only sensational to say that the power issues will be fixed in one month. It cannot even be done in a year not even in two years.
We need to understand that availability of power in our homes is not only about generation but also transmission and distribution.
For example I live in a community with more than 250 buildings without a single transformer but has to go as much at 2 to 3km to take power from the nearest transformer, sometimes when there is power, I get only 50Volts as my mains supply. Generating 30,000MW of power will not change my situation until i get a transformer to be within 100 or 200Meters of my house.
This is why the problems that we have now is as a result of the action or inaction of the governments past and every wrong decision made by this current government will be like a seed that will germinate and hunt us in the future to come.

YOu know what I hate? I hate when people offer up useless information thinking somehow it will make a difference. We have heard the stories of how transmission is not generation since Obansanjo years. We have invested Billions of dollars, to date, to solve that problem. Unless you are going to tell us that the transmission problem will be solved in 4 weeks, I suggest you shove your post back from whence it came. jeeezzzz . . . talk about unneeded lecture!!
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by pecopeco: 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2012
May enjoy not will enjoy. How long will dis be.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by emekson(m): 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
cry11days running no lite in my area, reporting life 4rm
Akewusola, oworonsoki cry11days running no lite in my area, reporting life 4rm
Akewusola, oworonsoki
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by joshua8862(m): 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
This is another story for Nigerians oooo God help us from bad leadership!
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by joshua8862(m): 11:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
[quote author=andyanders]Only fools and the ignorant Nigerians will even agree to this false statement made by thieves.
This story has been on since independence. Big fools. It is only God that can save us from this bad leaders oooooo
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by chloride6: 11:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
feelamong:

So.. to you completing the project means what

generate and transmit na the same tin? park well joor
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by greaterlove(m): 11:42pm On Jul 11, 2012
i dont like it when nigerian politicians use the words may, will, shall and the phrase in the pipeline. if u want to do something do it and dont talk.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by koruji(m): 12:22am On Jul 12, 2012
These people have a hugely exagerrated view of the word "government" and the "power" it conveys.

GEJ and Sambo can repeat the words "Let there be light" for the next 1 million years, if the real hardwork of reform is left undone the mirage of stable electricity in Nigeria will simply keep moving forward as we approach it.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by linearity: 4:09am On Jul 12, 2012
ebilike say the moni wey don chou don dey finish...dis na to create another emergency project so that moni go divert go that side...one month will come and go nobody go hear from uncle sambo....and light condition no go improve.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by linearity: 4:17am On Jul 12, 2012
TrueNaijaguy: Pls lets not be sensational about the headline. There's nothing in the news that suggests that there may be stable electricity in a month. It mentioned only power transmission which is just a part but an important part of the the whole process.

I must confess it will be a very significant step towards achieving a stable power supply cos government will then concentrate more on power generation.

You cannot transmit the power that have not been generated....so when Sambo said transmission problem will be solved in four weeks, it presupposes that the generation have already been taken care of....

That not withstanding, do I have faith that in four weeks light would be stable? the answer is a big fat NO!
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Chrisegro: 4:51am On Jul 12, 2012
Oya nau, we dey wait.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Raphtop(m): 6:08am On Jul 12, 2012
These people have realy taken nigerians for a phool that anybody will just come out and begin to spew nonsence.
Fg-stop bh by june. Puah
Ribadu-fish out subsidy thieves in two weeks. Puah
Sambo- light in one month. Puah
KEEP d fake promises w've eva heard ROLLING.....
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Wasiuoyelowo: 7:02am On Jul 12, 2012
grin wink cheesy[left][/left][/color][img][/img] tongue[sup][/sup][color=#770077][/color][color=#770077]
gbadexy: Am I the only one that noticed it, they want to have meeting on how to solve transmission problem next week? Not that they already had the meeting and found out that the various problem would be solved in four weeks!
Even if they have the meeting in next week, and they are able to determine the problem, would four weeks be enough if the problem is huge, and by the way, a next week for meeting and four weeks for solution makes five weeks not four weeks that electricity may be stable.
[color=#770077][quote author=gbadexy]Am I the only one that noticed it, they want to have meeting on how to solve transmission problem next week? Not that they already had the meeting and found out that the various problem would be solved in four weeks!
Even if they have the meeting in next week, and they are able to determine the problem, would four weeks be eno

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Masquerade’s Followers Kill Islamic Cleric In Abeokuta / Should NSCDC Replace Police?: Your Opinion / Yoruba Elders In Diaspora Write Gutierrez, UN Over Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.