Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month (12932 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by amosy007: 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2012
fankasibe: Who wan enter 'Bettings'?..... I go drop 7k....one year from now light neva stable....if u ar against dis motion then drop ur money.
u mean £7k?
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by TrueNaijaguy: 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2012
Pls lets not be sensational about the headline. There's nothing in the news that suggests that there may be stable electricity in a month. It mentioned only power transmission which is just a part but an important part of the the whole process.

I must confess it will be a very significant step towards achieving a stable power supply cos government will then concentrate more on power generation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
I am a believer, I believe.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by buklan: 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2012
stable lite? shocked shocked shocked shocked
in our dreams grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by onatisi(m): 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2012
holymike47: The Federal Government has announced a four-week deadline to complete the power transmission projects. The new deadline given to contractors was announced by the Vice-President Namadi Sambo at the 23rd meeting of the board of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

A statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Umar Sani, who was quoting the vice-president said that all issues hindering the transmission of power to Nigerians be resolved within four weeks.

A meeting scheduled for next week will have the Director-General, Bureau of Public Procurement; Managing Director, NDPHC; Minister of Power; and other stakeholders, who would discuss on how to solve power transmission issues in the next four weeks.

He frowned on contractors who were slow in delivering their jobs, adding that all issues that would make them fast-track the projects should be resolved as well.

The NDPHC said that all projects should be at 50 per cent completion in July and consumers will enjoy stable electricity supply once the projects were finished.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/power/40967-fg-to-solve-power-problems-in-one-month

what do this guys take us for?fools or what ?
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mcheewww!
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by dein77(m): 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
amosy007: Story story

they (fg) made d same promise to end boko haram by june we are in july boko haram is still striking..

Anyway miracle do happens sha
Let me sarcastically say that GEJ mentioned ending BH carnage by June, but didnt say the year...
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
I havent witnessed it before, but if I witness one full month of uninterrupted power supply in Nigeria. Guess what I will do ? I will drink a coke, if you get what I mean.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by pato405(m): 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
na today?
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by onatisi(m): 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
NOW WE ARE REALLY ON TOP OF THE SITUATION AND I DONT GIVE A DAMM
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Reference(m): 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
grin Chai, see as everybody don turn Thomas. Anyway government for appoint prophet xyz as special adviser or executive seer, the we for believe.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Q3(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2012
electricity dem say no be LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT ////// shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by yomyte(m): 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2012
FG should stop washing us joor.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
Lmaoooooooo..... E don tey no be today... In 2face Voice
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2012
dein77:
Let me sarcastically say that GEJ mentioned ending BH carnage by June, but didnt say the year...

[size=18pt]u must be a very good lawyer[/size]
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by stephoye: 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2012
Umaru or umalu na ur name, make u shut up ur mouth we don see say u b vp senior media officer
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by MurphyT1: 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2012
Na wa o, I don tire, I hope this one will....anyway I learnt Foreign investors hav taken ova, they've began the distribution of meters and hav reduced the tariffs too, low earners pay less 4naira per kilowatts hour instead of 8naira, at least a good move, and I hope dis greedy phcn won't jeopardize dis effort....I pray o
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by frankpessu(m): 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
Abeg make dem do am o, no light 4 ma sid 4 1year nw
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by bodejohn(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
amosy007:
u knw what ur problem is? U believe anytin they tell u without comfirming wether its genuie or not.. On what basis are u comparing ghana to nigeria? Ghana generate only 3000mw of electrity as at last year and its enough for them becoz its a small country with small population.. Nigeria is generating about 4500mw at the moment.. Do u expect nigeria with population of over 150million to consume the same ammount of electricity ghana with 25million people comsume
ghana has only 3major cities, Nigeria has more 45major cities and u are still comparing the two countries... BTW Where did u get the ascertion dat the whole of ghana enjoys 24/7 electricity apart from acra...

While you are right with your assertions on the population and load demand of Ghana, you should also take into consideration that we, Nigerians, are responsible for our present predicament by not been proactive enough to forecast what load demand we will need. Note that I am not blaming any particular government or person but all the governments from the local government to the federal government from the time Nigeria became independent.
Having said that, it is only sensational to say that the power issues will be fixed in one month. It cannot even be done in a year not even in two years.
We need to understand that availability of power in our homes is not only about generation but also transmission and distribution.
For example I live in a community with more than 250 buildings without a single transformer but has to go as much at 2 to 3km to take power from the nearest transformer, sometimes when there is power, I get only 50Volts as my mains supply. Generating 30,000MW of power will not change my situation until i get a transformer to be within 100 or 200Meters of my house.
This is why the problems that we have now is as a result of the action or inaction of the governments past and every wrong decision made by this current government will be like a seed that will germinate and hunt us in the future to come.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by bisiaet: 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
Only mouth they have. Plenty talk, everytime is is one week, one month, one year till none has come pass very funny government. Love blablabla too much
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
fankasibe: Who wan enter 'Bettings'?..... I go drop 7k....one year from now light neva stable....if u ar against dis motion then drop ur money.
na 7k u fit drop?i increased it to 100000k..lets go there
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Bolarge1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2012
NA TODAY YANSH DE BACK.

SAMBO JUST WAN LOOK SERIOUS.A POLITICAL STATEMENT
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by stunna2(m): 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2012
What a joke!!!

...this is why Nigerian leaders continue to rob Nigerians blind since most Nigerians do not understand how the world works!

Somebody is going to use 4500Megawatts of power generating capacity to provide electricity to over 150million Nigerians as many people already observed above - and some Nigerians are happy and dancing on the streets over this news??

laughable...
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by DeeAe: 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
mtcheeeew abi worse, since ydai, no light all day, only night(half of it)
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by folu500(m): 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2012
*yawns*, and go back to sleep*
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by killuminati(m): 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2012
LMAOgrin reminds me of my rhymes: "no be today yansh dey back, I dey make fake rappers layback......No be today I start rap omo na from way back"....LOLZ gringringrin
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by ludasam222(m): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
holymike47: The Federal Government has announced a four-week deadline to complete the power transmission projects. The new deadline given to contractors was announced by the Vice-President Namadi Sambo at the 23rd meeting of the board of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

A statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Umar Sani, who was quoting the vice-president said that all issues hindering the transmission of power to Nigerians be resolved within four weeks.

A meeting scheduled for next week will have the Director-General, Bureau of Public Procurement; Managing Director, NDPHC; Minister of Power; and other stakeholders, who would discuss on how to solve power transmission issues in the next four weeks.

He frowned on contractors who were slow in delivering their jobs, adding that all issues that would make them fast-track the projects should be resolved as well.

The NDPHC said that all projects should be at 50 per cent completion in July and consumers will enjoy stable electricity supply once the projects were finished.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/power/40967-fg-to-solve-power-problems-in-one-month
na 2day
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by soma042(m): 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
just like saying islam is a religion of peace

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Cupidkc(m): 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2012
Lol...This reminds me of a newspaper headline that I saw recently on NTA am express...the caption reads "STEADY POWER SUPPLY WILL BEGIN IN ONE MONTH". And the paper was dated back in 1985.
Nawa o 4my country Naija...when wil this power issue be resolved.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by Cupidkc(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2012
Yomieluv: na 7k u fit drop?i increased it to 100000k..lets go there
huh...boys aint smiling o.
Re: Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month by pembisco(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2012
Hapi ar dos who do nt expect for they shal nt b disapointd...1 mnt mean 1 century 4 dis thieves oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Opts To Continue Onnoghen’s Trial As Counsel Submit Final Addresses / Nigeria Shuts UK High Commission As officials contract COVID-19 / President Buhari Speaks On Benue Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.