Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,183 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River (18529 Views)

More Photos Of People Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker In Ibafo,ogun / People Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker In Lagos (Photo) / Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Pergrace: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by lazbay(m): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
Those blaming govt & poverty shld have a rethink. Its pure greed that killed. For instance, a Guilder truck fell almost 2 months ago & pple rushed it & started stealing it in cartons. They were even fighting over it while d drivers were looking for d nearest police station to get police to protect their products from total loss. The pple over powered d initial 2 regular police dat came. Until Mopol came to the rescue. Is this poverty? Sure no! Its greed. The same greed was extended to petrol which consumed them.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Freiburger(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2012
nigerians ar greedy ppl by nature! foget their tribe or religion, that s y ppl n govamnet ar greedy. poor ppl ar greedy, d rich nd influecial ppl ar derived frm d poor, hence greediness continues! as sombdy said, f anotha tanker fall t dat same spot tomorow, ppl will still go dere to scoop fuel!
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by TalkingBird: 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2012
The love of money is the root of all sort of injurious things.
Greed can be very dangerous. I wont be surprised to hear of another accident of this nature.
People fail to learn.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
Government played a part in this incident, due to pot-holed and poorly maintained roads the accident happened and due to [b]poverty [/b]the motorcycle taxi operators died.. If the bolded was intact and in order, this thread won't be in existence.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by pecopeco: 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
Nigeria, God will save US
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by sambos994(m): 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
Idiots...they don't learn
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by tsharp(m): 7:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
this must be the fault of indians. let's close down the tanker company
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
I bet the so called 'poor people' rushing to scoop fuel didn't even spare a thought for the driver of that tanker that was probably trapped in his compartment, desperate to be rescued.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by alienware(m): 7:14pm On Jul 12, 2012
There is no such thing as a 1st world nation that is over 60% black in demographics. About 90% of 1st world countries are either over 60% white or East Asian in demographics but when it drops below that it becomes a 2nd world nation or lower. Mexico and many Latin American countries are good examples of this. The more to race than skin color and liberals don't seem to realize that.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
^^^What the hell is this nonsense? Please take your stupi.d racist views out of this place. Moro.n.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by alienware(m): 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
I'll bet when the tanker stops burning and the smoke clears, all the local villagers will gather together, stand on top of wreckage and pose for photographs in front of the press like they do with every disaster. Never mind the dead corpses scattered about and the toxic fumes, its a chance to be on TV! grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Iszy(m): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
Alfoasegh:

How does the location justify the foolishness of the victims?
It doesn't justify anything only trying to make a correction...it happened in Okogbe in Ahoada West LGA of Rivers State and not 200 people, its 100 people
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Santi222(m): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
My God! MERCY!
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by alienware(m): 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2012
oh i forgot to say they will relax there like roaches , they will breed back in less than a month
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Abagworo(m): 7:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
alienware: oh i forgot to say they will relax there like roaches , they will breed back in less than a month

This site is for blacks and our friends. We don't need f**king racists like you.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by alienware(m): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
they missed the "NO SMOKING SIGN"
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by alienware(m): 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
U ALL DONT WANT THE HARD TRUTH
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
There are lots of issues bedevilling this country. Education comes first. Nigerians are mentally imprisoned.
They need to break free from the psyche of poverty, stupidity, hatred and greed.

Good riddance anyway, these reprobates have nothing to offer to the society in the first place.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by alienware(m): 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
These are poverty stricken people in a poorly developed land. I don't blame them for trying to save money to afford feeding their family, I do however blame all of you people poking jokes at the expense of their deaths ..You are all lucky to be born of privledge yet scoff at the less privledged for being poor and laugh at them as though their deaths are entertaining. Karma's a bit"ch and I have a feeling many of you will find that out soon grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by seunadeolu(m): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
This is due to negligence on the part of the emergency team. D said tanker as fallen since the night before and the stupid crowd who were blinded by their greed, and without caution from the okada riders among them the heat emission from their machine ignited the fuel which send them all on an un-planned journey of NO RETURN! embarassed cry lipsrsealed
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by uyogabie(f): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2012
humblebee: stupidity!... scooping fuel and who do u blame for their stupidity
GEJ!
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by akinwaleok: 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
ifihearam: Also heard it from gbenga aruleba,but when will Nigerians learn?? Jesse fire outbreak was a very tragic one and now another,I wonder how much they will get compared to their lives.

Is this foolishness or poverty
both
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Blizzy9ja: 8:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
T-smooth:
Nigeria "jaga-jaga". I blame our Government for neglecting their youth. Jonorthern should empower youths instead sitting in Aso rock being controlled by some Northerner. mtcheeew!
. Did he send dem 2 go and scoop fuel from ά̲̣̥ fallen tanker? the foolish ones should rot in hell... I pray the innocent especially d road side traders and travellers shud rest in peace.
WARNING: stop blaming Mr Jonatham 4 every single tin †ђªt happens in Nigeria
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by onatisi(m): 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
nxanadu: u can imagine what poorverty wld cos and its GEJ fault!
gej caused the poverty.caused the accident ,then he told 200ppl to go and start scooping petrol then he lit a match stick nd killed them all?haba nigerians even if rain no fall na gej
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Donbasi(m): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
Its not in Cross River mbok, it happened in Rivers state
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Blizzy9ja: 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2012
odocity: where exactly did it happen in cross river?(which part of cross river).
. It happened in Rivers state not Cross river state
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by nagoma(m): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
T-smooth:
Nigeria "jaga-jaga". I blame our Government for neglecting their youth. Jonorthern should empower youths instead sitting in Aso rock being controlled by some Northerner. mtcheeew!

Patience is not a northerner , can't you see? Mumu. Mtcheeew!
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
My people, why?

I see bodies of seemingly adult people. Why didn't these grown folks understand petrol and it's vapors?

Poverty is one thing, but the pursuit and engagement in risky and unsafe behaviours like these needs to stop.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by kawkab: 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
The victims are totally stupid. No one should sympathise with them. It has happened before at Jesse-Delta State, somewhere in Abia State, in Lagos State; yet people would not learn. Ho much would they sell the fuel they are scooping. Nobody should blame government for this. It is their total foolishness that caused all these.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by emiye(m): 11:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
The Rich man is greedy in nigeria

The poor man is greedy in Nigeria

Who is greedier? Mixed feelings angry lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairaland Poll On February Presidential Election Between Jonathan And Buhari / Kaduna Government Officially Labels Shiite IMN "Insurgent" / FG Dismisses Report Of Execution Of Nigerians In Saudi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.