Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River (18530 Views)

More Photos Of People Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker In Ibafo,ogun / People Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker In Lagos (Photo) / Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 13, 2012
alienware: U ALL DONT WANT THE HARD TRUTH

The hard truth is that your mother is a 6 man a penny prost.itute. Now get lost, you worthless, stinking-breath paedophile.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 13, 2012
why this thread not on front page?

R.I.P. to the victims
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 13, 2012
[size=14pt]The heartlessness and wickedness of some of the comments on this thread is breath taking!

Government is alway responsible for safety of citizens even to stop them putting themselves at risk.

If a tanker was to fall in the UK within 5 mins police would have evacuated everyone to a safe distance and closed the road until the hazard is dealt with.

My heart bleeds for Nigerians that we have been reduced to risking our lives scooping spilt fuel on the road due to poverty and desperation.

May the souls of those killed rest in perfect peace. I pray that those in hospital make a speedy and full recovery.
[/size]
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by beewhy(m): 3:49am On Jul 13, 2012
[/color][color=#990000]
raphroye: U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ craze Ŋa̶̲̥̅̊ GEJ send them go there?

May be the tanker wldn't have fallen in the first place if we had a better roaf
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by OneNaira6: 4:47am On Jul 13, 2012
GenBuhari: [size=14pt][color=#990000]The heartlessness and wickedness of some of the comments on this thread is breath taking!

Government is alway responsible for safety of citizens even to stop them putting themselves at risk.

If a tanker was to fall in the UK within 5 mins police would have evacuated everyone to a safe distance and closed the road until the hazard is dealt with.
[/size]

I don't know about UK but I'm going to assume USA and UK policy are the same. Yes you are correct, the police do close of the road but the police do not evacuate people, rather people naturally do so without being told. It is called common sense. They see a flammable product spilling on the floor, the car carrying the flammable product is probably smoking. Alot of News articles, TV shows, movies and even Nollywood movies have shown multiple times the outcome of a gasoline carrying trunk accident yet no where in their analyzing part of the mind told them it is best to step away from the trunk as far as they can go. This is isn't the government fault, it is stupidity and ignorance fault.

R.I.P to those that died. I hope others learned from their mistakes
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by kawkab: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2012
It is very convenient for us to blame government, poverty and sundry other reasons for this tragedy, but the truth in this situation is as follows;

- Even if the road is fully dualised and a tanker fell there, the people would still go there to scoop fuel.
- Everyone knows the danger of fuel because we use it at home all the time, so claiming ignorance would not be an excuse.
- Even when they were warned they still insisted in scooping the fuel.
- Several incidences of this nature Has happened in other part of the country yet people still refuses to learn.
- The average Nigerian would steal when he has the opportunity. When someone picks up a phone that have mistakenly been misplaced by the owner or another person's property he he sees it as blessing, rather trying to wait until the rightful calls or trues to locate it.
- It is not the government that told the toyota corolla and the mazda bus that were involved in the accident that caused to the trailer to loose control to driver recklessly.
- We must know how to aportion blame, all blame should not go to the government, the people also have the role.
- THE MAJOR CAUSE OF THIS DISASTER IS GREED, NOTHING ELSE.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by AlhajiPastor: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2012
This is defiantely due to poverty, had it been we have good leaders; this people will not go to the level of endagering their lives, but as you can see poverty and hunger knows no fear. in a well planned and organized countries, thankers are not meant to distribute fuel but rail. i am really sorry for this country, may their gentle souls rest in peace. shame to our leaders.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
What is the matter with the moderators?

Why is this not on the front page?

Have you been seeing some of the nonsense that has been making it on the front page.

Moderators are letting themselves down!!
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2012
One_Naira:

I don't know about UK but I'm going to assume USA and UK policy are the same. Yes you are correct, the police do close of the road but the police do not evacuate people, rather people naturally do so without being told. It is called common sense. They see a flammable product spilling on the floor, the car carrying the flammable product is probably smoking. Alot of News articles, TV shows, movies and even Nollywood movies have shown multiple times the outcome of a gasoline carrying trunk accident yet no where in their analyzing part of the mind told them it is best to step away from the trunk as far as they can go. This is isn't the government fault, it is stupidity and ignorance fault.

R.I.P to those that died. I hope others learned from their mistakes

Law Enforcement in the US absolutely evacuates people and sometimes under threat of arrest if they refuse. It depends on the situation.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2012
^^Even if the law enforcement does not evacuate them, nobody in their right mind would go to the crashed tanker to steal fuel. Call a spade a spade.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Skoopy(m): 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
Kennyblues: Just now on AIT, over 200 people were burnt live scooping fuel from a fallen tanker is cross river
Rivers Start plzzz.... Not Cross River.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by iykmora(m): 11:43am On Jul 14, 2012
ROSSIKE:

The hard truth is that your mother is a 6 man a penny prost.itute. Now get lost, you worthless, stinking-breath paedophile.

tahtz 4uckin too harshman!!
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Euroclydon(m): 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2012
Why wont we ever learn? The quest for easy money has cost them their lives... God help us.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Euroclydon(m): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2012
Why wont we ever learn? The quest for easy money has cost them their lives... God help us. And May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Euroclydon(m): 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2012
GenBuhari: What is the matter with the moderators?

Why is this not on the front page?

Have you been seeing some of the nonsense that has been making it on the front page.

Moderators are letting themselves down!!

Seconded by me!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairaland Poll On February Presidential Election Between Jonathan And Buhari / Kaduna Government Officially Labels Shiite IMN "Insurgent" / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.