Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River (18531 Views)

More Photos Of People Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker In Ibafo,ogun / People Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker In Lagos (Photo) / Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by str8talk1: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
Dr Know: Get rich quick or die trying.
Unfortunately,these ones died trying.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Sagamite(m): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
I am really torn between

a) feeling sorry for them that their thieving rulers have degraded them to the point they act desperately to survive

or

b) saying good riddance, we need to reduce the population anyway so why not some fools sacrifice themselves, because when will Nigerian fooools ever learn.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Odunnu: 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2012
afam4eva:
Ok, i'll come up with another reason why GEJ should be blamed. Hold on...
afam4eva:
Who else is to blame if not GEJ. If he had not removed fuel subsidy would they have bothered scooping fuel? grin
afam4eva: Ehen, i'm back.

I heard it happened at the east-west road. If that road had being repaired by the federal government, there wouldn't have been traffic on that road and people wouldn't have even thought of scooping fuel on a busy road. So, you see why GEJ should be blamed grin. grin grin
Abeg, I no want make my colleagues notice say I dey browse NL during work. No make me laugh out loud, biko
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by tessyade: 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
Kennyblues: God, where is thy face
My brother please leave God out of this. This is just a display of stupidity.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by chucky234(m): 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
People will never learn,any sane mind should know that inferno will follow in such situation involving tanker(s).
People say RIP but the souls of those guys will never rest after being burnt by such hot fire, its a pitty people still risk their lives for penny abi na kobo I go call am.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by MurphyT1: 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
Nigerians with awoof, and u will find out that most of them don't have immediate use for it...anyway rip to dem...it happened in Rivers State
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by xtiedre: 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2012
crispy's any one
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
afam4eva: Ehen, i'm back.

I heard it happened at the east-west road. If that road had being repaired by the federal government, there wouldn't have been traffic on that road and people wouldn't have even thought of scooping fuel on a busy road. So, you see why GEJ should be blamed grin. grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Dranatomy: 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
They were trying to reap at were they didnt sowed but nature had it dat they wil live in a house(Grave) they didnt build
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Absonjnr(m): 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
ifihearam: Also heard it from gbenga aruleba,but when will Nigerians learn?? Jesse fire outbreak was a very tragic one and now another,I wonder how much they will get compared to their lives.

Is this foolishness or poverty
can't you? POVERTY.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
HAHAHA

Ignorance is the biggest killer of the black man.

Petrol is non-combustible until you introduce a spark.

Yet these fools will go to a river of petrol with cigarettes and motorcycles.

Like weezy said: Be good, or be good at it.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by apala911: 2:37pm On Jul 12, 2012
Naija shd learn to protect their lives and prevent avoidable death
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by akagaba(f): 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
T-smooth:
Nigeria "jaga-jaga". I blame our Government for neglecting their youth. Jonorthern should empower youths instead sitting in Aso rock being controlled by some Northerner. mtcheeew!
U ar an i.diot, a complete b.astard, a jobles mugu. Dnt go and create job 4urslf. Sit ther and kip accusin d govt 4ur joblesnes and wrechednes. Poverty wil kill u. Imbec!le.

1 Like

Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by akagaba(f): 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
nxanadu: u can imagine what poorverty wld cos and its GEJ fault!
Its ur Father's fault and nt Gej. Basta.rd.

1 Like

Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Freiburger(m): 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
akagaba: Its ur Father's fault and nt Gej. Basta.rd.
Is that necessary?
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by akagaba(f): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
str8_talk: Since d Supreme Court denied them(the pple of Cross-River of their right to possess their Oil wells seeded to Akwa-Ibom of which the Gov. has put good use of the allocations accrued 4rm these wells) seeing this spilled 'ready made' oil was to dem dia own national cake,unfortunately,little did they knw it was their gateway to no return.
RIP!
Sharap, it hapend in Rivers and not CRS. Ebot.

1 Like

Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Okijajuju1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
Freiburger:
Is that necessary?

At times its necessary!!
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by akagaba(f): 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
Dranatomy: They were trying to reap at were they didnt sowed but nature had it dat they wil live in a house(Grave) they didnt build
Funny bt not funny. I refuse 2 laugh jor.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 12, 2012
This has nothing to do with poverty. I bet those people scooping fuel have enough money to feed themselves for atleast a week, and still fuel their generators. It is the greed in nigerians that have pushed to their early graves. Why those anyone think we only produce greedy and corrupt politicians. Our politicians are a reflection of the nigerian people and psyhce. Nigerians would never learn, and if this same thing here to happen in lest say warri, it would be thesame reaction and deaths. Wazobia fm in port-harcourt reported that as many as 4 individuals in one family got burnt to death, while scooping fuel. They then expect people to came here and say RIP or blame GEJ or may their souls....bla, bla bla and the like. If you ask me, from the bottom of my heart they deserved to die (those scooping fuel and not the innocent passerby's)

1 Like

Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by nnaemekag(m): 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2012
God face is at them but their foolishness, cheap, free and stupidity could not stop them on dat
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by freegaza(m): 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2012
I tot only northernerz are poor and oil parasites?
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Okijajuju1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 12, 2012
freegaza: I tot only northernerz are poor and oil parasites?

You cant be considered a parasite if the oil is gotten from your land now can you?!

And NO!! They are not poor.. These guys were most likely Abokis..

1 Like

Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by odocity: 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
where exactly did it happen in cross river?(which part of cross river).
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by dasparrow: 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2012
@Post

Nigerians will never learn. This is not the first, second, third or fourth time a tragedy of this nature has happened in Nigeria. Yet, Nigerians refuse to learn. The people were even told by the driver to vacate the area yet they will not listen. The average Nigerian is greedy, materialistic and inherently stubborn and these character traits are responsible for sending many of our people to their untimely deaths. It's rather unfortunate.

By the way OP, Ahoada is in Rivers state not cross rivers.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by dasparrow: 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
odocity: where exactly did it happen in cross river?(which part of cross river).

OP made a mistake. Ahoada is in RIVERS STATE. My late grandma is from there.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Rossikk(m): 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
ballabriggs: Extreme poverty has driven my people insane. The quest to survive by any means.

LOAD OF RUBBISH.

ANYONE WHO DIED THERE, IT WAS THEIR FAULT, OR THE FAULT OF WHOMEVER SENT THEM. PURE AND SIMPLE.

POVERTY MY ASSSSS

THE NORMAL NIGERIAN WILD AND THOUGHTLESS GREED MORE LIKE

Nigerians have major problems. MONEY IS THEIR GOD. THAT'S ALL THEY GO TO THESE CHURCHES TO PRAY FOR - NOTHING ELSE. JUST MONEY. Even a man that can comfortably feed himself and family. Nope. Not enough. He wants MORE MONEY. After he buys a Toyota, he will want Lexus Jeep. It never stops. THAT'S THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM - GREED FOR MONEY. THEY VALUE LIFE ITSELF ACCORDING TO THEIR ACCESS TO MONEY AND WEALTH. WHEN THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN SEES YOU, HE TREATS YOU ACCORDING TO HOW MUCH MONEY HE THINKS YOU HAVE. YOUR CHARACTER, MORAL WORTH, KNOWLEDGE ETC MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HIM. THE ONLY BAROMETER FOR HIM OF YOUR WORTH IS YOUR LEVEL OF WEALTH AND ACCESS TO MONEY.

MONEY IS THEIR GOD.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM.
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
ifihearam: Also heard it from gbenga aruleba,but when will Nigerians learn?? Jesse fire outbreak was a very tragic one and now another,I wonder how much they will get compared to their lives.

Both
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Kennyblues(m): 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

Nigerians will never learn. This is not the first, second, third or fourth time a tragedy of this nature has happened in Nigeria. Yet, Nigerians refuse to learn. The people were even told by the driver to vacate the area yet they will not listen. The average Nigerian is greedy, materialistic and inherently stubborn and these character traits are responsible for sending many of our people to their untimely deaths. It's rather unfortunate.

By the way OP, Ahoada is in Rivers state not cross rivers.

Thanks for d correction...Rivers not Cross River
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Rawkey(m): 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
You must be stupid....make he cum frm aso rock wit emergency outfit to cordon off the area so the people no go scoop petrol.....the jonathan na human like u o......wetin d state governor dey do...,u 2 mumu :-OYou must be stupid....make he cum frm aso rock wit emergency outfit to cordon off the area so the people no go scoop petrol.....the jonathan na human like u o......wetin d state governor dey do...,u 2 mumu :-OYou must be stupid....make he cum frm aso rock wit emergency outfit to cordon off the area so the people no go scoop petrol.....the jonathan na human like u o......wetin d state governor dey do...,u 2 mumu :-O
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by yyb14: 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2012

All of d above
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Joe892: 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2012
Who is this persons/media that cannot distinguish between cross river and rivers state,
Re: Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
Rossikk:

LOAD OF RUBBISH.

ANYONE WHO DIED THERE, IT WAS THEIR FAULT, OR THE FAULT OF WHOMEVER SENT THEM. PURE AND SIMPLE.

POVERTY MY ASSSSS

THE NORMAL NIGERIAN WILD AND THOUGHTLESS GREED MORE LIKE

Nigerians have major problems. MONEY IS THEIR GOD. THAT'S ALL THEY GO TO THESE CHURCHES TO PRAY FOR - NOTHING ELSE. JUST MONEY. Even a man that can comfortably feed himself and family. Nope. Not enough. He wants MORE MONEY. After he buys a Toyota, he will want Lexus Jeep. It never stops. THAT'S THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM - GREED FOR MONEY. THEY VALUE LIFE ITSELF ACCORDING TO THEIR ACCESS TO MONEY AND WEALTH. WHEN THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN SEES YOU, HE TREATS YOU ACCORDING TO HOW MUCH MONEY HE THINKS YOU HAVE. YOUR CHARACTER, MORAL WORTH, KNOWLEDGE ETC MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HIM. THE ONLY BAROMETER FOR HIM OF YOUR WORTH IS YOUR LEVEL OF WEALTH AND ACCESS TO MONEY.

MONEY IS THEIR GOD.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

Absolutely. It is a fundamental societal problem. Love of extreeme materialism is now part of our culture and accepted as a normal thing.

The question is, what can be done to make the average joe understand that self worth and networth are not the same ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairaland Poll On February Presidential Election Between Jonathan And Buhari / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima / Governor Ibrahim Gaidam Approves N6bn For Upgrade Of Non Existing Airport - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.