Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Addicted To Romance Novels? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Addicted To Romance Novels? (6426 Views)

In Memory Only (Romance) / Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Addicted To Romance Novels? by Lola4eva(f): 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2007
im a lover of romance novels, m&b's take me less than a day and contemporary romance a little over a day but my passion lies with historical romance novels, a few of my favourite authors include:

Judith Mcnaught
Amanda Quick
Nora Roberts (though more into contemporary)
Johanna Lindsay

so if ure into romance novels like i am, sign in

1 Like

Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by yimiton(f): 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2007
I hate romance.
They are too boring and shallow for me.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Lola4eva(f): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2007
sorry girl, some of us live and breathe romance novels, shallow yeah but they help take ur mind of a lot of things and they could actually help you learn a thing or two about passion wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by loveoge(f): 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2007
Lola4eva:

sorry girl, some of us live and breathe romance novels, shallow yeah but they help take your mind of a lot of things and they could actually help you learn a thing or two about passion wink wink wink wink wink wink

And then expect guys to behave exactly the way the guys in the book behave (all love dovey)
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Lola4eva(f): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2007
@loveoge, something like that
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by denony(m): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2007
It educates u on some certain things.

Well I like reading it when less busy, or when trying to find out something about romance.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Seun(m): 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2007
Novels, like movies, don't educate. They entertain. If you want education, read a textbook.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Emperoh(m): 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2007
loveoge:

And then expect guys to behave exactly the way the guys in the book behave (all love dovey)
lOL I love that. grin grin

Lola4eva:

@loveoge, something like that
They are just the creation of the writer and you can never get one fifth of that in a real setting. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Teetams: 8:27pm On Dec 10, 2007
Not trying to sound like a pastor but do you know that romance novel actually have a bad effect on your mind because you may sometimes begin to feel the strong urge to have sex after ready such,so my dear you better be careful!!!!!
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by 3d(m): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2007
I HATE ROMANCE THEY ARE STUPID, VAIN AND DELUSIONAL! GROW UP!

TRY MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE
SHOGUN (A NOVEL OF JAPAN)(HISTORY)
BY JAMES CLAVELLS,

KOGI`S HARVEST(PLAY WRITE)
WOLE SOYINKA

MEMNOCH THE DEVIL (FICTION)
ANNE RICE
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by bigboy2006: 9:14pm On Dec 10, 2007
or try super striker , i belt u ,u will like it instant of reading romance novel
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by playmate(f): 9:53pm On Dec 10, 2007
i am completely addicted.
@poster
johanna lindsey is also my fav,i also luv day leclaire.
am hoping i cn get one of lindsey's novels the heir,av u read it,i read d summary its luvly.

if u 8 romance novels u shuld no this ain't ur thread.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by lboy2: 12:29am On Dec 11, 2007
novels could be intresting but they can sometimes take a lot of time ,in my case i go for movies,where from the first 10mins i know if its going to be a great movie or not .i think the series rock,like lost,prison break,smallville and the other nice ones,but when i just want to chill out and relax no pressures i log on to http://enopaceel..com its a new refreshing site ,u should try it out.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 11, 2007
M&B, harlequin, silheoutte etc
My first M&B was Stormy voyage (I stole it from my sister)
Used be an ardent reader, but later I grew bored. Bored stiff of the prince charming stereotype, I started looking  out for stronger themes where the guy was the don't mess with me kind of person, strong and not the gentle type. As I grew older, I found out I did not want to be serenaded by sweet, sweet pathetic love messages. I was even addicted to the extent I could be reading five books at a time. I would not get out of my room for like hours. I probably lost my conversational skills during those periods.

Ironically, romance novels have actually made me cynical  and sarcastic about love and men.

Sorry to spoil everyone's thunder tongue.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Lola4eva(f): 8:45am On Dec 11, 2007
@playmate thank you oh, if u hate romance this aint ur thread. I haven't read "the hier" im sure if u hunt it down, ull find it, enjoy
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by jkpretty(f): 8:52am On Dec 11, 2007
Seun:

Novels, like movies, don't educate. They entertain. If you want education, read a textbook.

Point of correction, there is always a thing or two to learn in any creative piece of writing. Even if its romance, u will carefully pick out a thing or two.

@Topic
I'm bored of the likes of M&B series, I cannot even belief i was once a fan, the small pages it has sef annoys me. I prefer Bestseller romance now. The book has to be "big". i like to flip through pages, endlessly. And Hey! romance novels has a lot to teach.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Lola4eva(f): 9:37am On Dec 11, 2007
i feel you on the m&b thing, thou i still allow myself to pick them up now & then, and yes u learn enuff by reading them wink
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by 3d(m): 9:52am On Dec 11, 2007
@pster
[color=#990000][/color] was just leavin!
i`ll be back
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by dumi(f): 11:27am On Dec 11, 2007
i am not a lover of novels.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by ayeesha: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ poster

you are a girl after me heart kiss

i am a romance freak! its so bad that i have gotten my guy addicted to it too.

i read all kinds but historical romances carry the day for me.

love em to pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Lola4eva(f): 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2007
hmmmmmmmm ayeesha im not so sure romance is a guy thing, getting ur guy addicted too, thats a bit far off

anyways glad u share my passion, historical romances are just so sweet, i wish they could adapt them into movies like they do the bestsellers, it'd be lovely to watch.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by sweetchick(f): 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2007
I love all novels though I also read romantic suspense. My favourit writers are Ken Follett, John Grisham, David Baldacci, James Patterson. My favourite romance writer is Linda Howard. I like Tami Hoag as well. Nora Roberts is not bad. By the way her novels have been made into novels and are being shown on DSTV
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Lola4eva(f): 2:21pm On Dec 11, 2007
yeah i noticed that mnet was showing nora roberts adaptations (her contemporary ones) sometime last month, but the thing is they hardly make historical romance books into novels, i wonder why

I also like linda howard, ive read some of her books
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by ayeesha: 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ lola

i was shocked me self the day he started dragging novels with me shocked

he`s quite a romantic fellow anyway though he claims to read them just for fun tongue

yeah, wish they could have such movies.with time maybe.

havent read any of linda`s works but love amanda quick`s.

am aiming at having a collection of all her works.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by 3d(m): 3:25pm On Dec 11, 2007
@poster

am back wats nu with the romantics
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by chychy(f): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2007
I hate romance.
They are too boring and shallow for me.

@ yimiton, u got it right girl, i totally agree,
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Lola4eva(f): 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ ayeesha-have u noticed that most of amanda quick's historicals have that funny side to it, they're such fun to read

im sure u know she writes as jayne ann krentz for her contemporary romance novels and as jayne castle for her futuristic books, darn u just got to love her, im such a big fan.

for her newest titles u could check out her page on www.krentz-quick.com, it'll help with ur collection.

@chychy-yeah we've heard, u can leave the thread now, bye.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by playmate(f): 10:59pm On Dec 11, 2007
@lola4eva
i went 2 dat link nd dos novels re awesome.d writer did a great job,my fav among d three is sizzle nd burn.thumbs up,am now on her track. grin
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by ayeesha: 11:07am On Dec 12, 2007
@ lola

thanks for the link. will check it out immediately.

i dint know she writes under those names. thanks for the info-

you the girl!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by Lola4eva(f): 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-100122.0.html

ayeesha check out that story, its proof that some of our romantic fantasies do exist.
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by ayeesha: 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2007
word! wink

some peeps dnt know what they are missing.

romance is it! yyiippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Addicted To Romance Novels? by bumstuff(m): 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2007
grin grin it seems you are a fun lover of romantic novels.anyway, can you tell us some of the romantic novels you've read thats got you off your feet.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Caricature Of A Lonely Heart (A Novel By Shoefreak) / Morenikeji By Amah / Publiseer Is A Finalist At The 2018 Harvard Business School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.