Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,059 members, 7,867,004 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:29 AM

Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? (1146 Views)

Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? / Is This A Religion: Sharia Law:punishment For Adultery And Fornication : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by MacDaddy01: 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
Hello folks,

As an atheist, I see all religions as the same; man-made stories. However, christians are always ready to debate with you and try to defend their faith. The muslims on Nairaland either run away, call you a hater of islam or try to derail when the topic is very incisive on islam.

The latest episode of this avoidance of critical threads on islam can be seen where I asked for evidence that Islam is a true and great religionin the lives of muslims on the Islam section;

https://www.nairaland.com/987827/request-evidence-greatness-truthfulness-islam
MacDaddy01: Tbaba, Vedaxcool and other muslims have been telling me that Islam is the best way of life. Its teachings are great for life. etc.

[size=14pt]So where is the evidence for this in the lives of muslims? Where is the evidence? As an atheist, I need evidence to believe.
[/size]
In my own humble opinion, the evidence does not look good for Islam.

-No Islamic country in the top 10 peaceful countries on the Global Peace index (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index#Global_Peace_Index_rankings)
-No islamic country in the top 10 advanced countried on the human development index (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index#2011_report)
-As a Nigerian, Northern Nigeria is nothing compared to the South. Southern Nigeria has produced our best artistes and best minds to export. Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Fela, Dbanj etc.
-As a Nigerian, our worst and most oppresive president was a muslim (General Sanni Abacha). People clebrated when he died. Our politicians are mostly corrupt but Abacha took evil to another level (this is not to say that Abacha represents all muslims). We cant also forget the last coup detat before Abacha- Ibrahim Babangida, another muslim.

Where is the evidence that Islam is a better way of life?

They all avoided the thread with the exception of vedaxcool who tried to derail the thread. The question still remains, where is the evidence for islams greatness?

Evidence against;
-No Islamic country in the top 10 peaceful countries on the Global Peace index (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index#Global_Peace_Index_rankings)
-No islamic country in the top 10 advanced countried on the human development index (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index#2011_report)
-As a Nigerian, Northern Nigeria is nothing compared to the South. Southern Nigeria has produced our best artistes and best minds to export. Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Fela, Dbanj etc.
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by vedaxcool(m): 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
Lol grin grin the pains of denial seems to be taking its toll on "logic"boy, he is so pained that he rushed here crying on the christians (the same christians he once accused of threatening him with hell), so pained of being ignored that he is crying now on shoulders he despises. I fear if people on NL decides to ignore you, suicide might be in the offing! This serves as a lesson to your queer logic, if you ever thought anybody is duty bound to respond to your follies and foolery, then truly u thought wrong and the answer I gave with regards to seeking answers to believe still remains the same [b] be honest to yourself for Allah said: deaf, dumb and blind, there will never return to the path verily they are false to themselves![ Your falseness has made the queer logic u live by ok [/b]o you. No wonder atheists always become jittery whenever people are advised to ignore them! Well got to go!
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by MacDaddy01: 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
vedaxcool: Lol grin grin the pains of denial seems to be taking its toll on "logic"boy, he is so pained that he rushed here crying on the christians (the same christians he once accused of threatening him with hell), so pained of being ignored that he is crying now on shoulders he despises. I fear if people on NL decides to ignore you, suicide might be in the offing! This serves as a lesson to your queer logic, if you ever thought anybody is duty bound to respond to your follies and foolery, then truly u thought wrong and the answer I gave with regards to seeking answers to believe still remains the same [b] be honest to yourself for Allah said: deaf, dumb and blind, there will never return to the path verily they are false to themselves![ Your falseness has made the queer logic u live by ok [/b]o you. No wonder atheists always become jittery whenever people are advised to ignore them! Well got to go!

grin grin grin grin

Derail much? Answer the question.
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by MacDaddy01: 11:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by MacDaddy01: 6:01am On Jul 13, 2012
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by truthislight: 9:46am On Jul 13, 2012
vedaxcool: Lol grin grin the pains of denial seems to be taking its toll on "logic"boy, he is so pained that he rushed here crying on the christians (the same christians he once accused of threatening him with hell), so pained of being ignored that he is crying now on shoulders he despises. I fear if people on NL decides to ignore you, suicide might be in the offing! This serves as a lesson to your queer logic, if you ever thought anybody is duty bound to respond to your follies and foolery, then truly u thought wrong and the answer I gave with regards to seeking answers to believe still remains the same [b] be honest to yourself for Allah said: deaf, dumb and blind, there will never return to the path verily they are false to themselves![ Your falseness has made the queer logic u live by ok [/b]o you. No wonder atheists always become jittery whenever people are advised to ignore them! Well got to go!

Going extreme to me is not advisable.
Be it atheist christianity, muslim etc, etc.
However, are u saying that all 100% what the atheist ever says is nonsense?
The op is all nonsens that is why it should not be address?
Guy, in every nonsense i thing there is a sense in it.
Like u will soon see, lots of other nairalanders will see either the nonsens or the sens in this thread and make there post and not to ignor both the sens and the nonsens all together and let the sens to be lost. Like u suggested.

I think it is in the muslim character not to look into issues critically, but rather resort to what u do best.
By doing so we conclude with the saying.
"by their fruit you shall know them"
So, what really is ur fruit?
Peace.
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by MacDaddy01: 10:26am On Jul 13, 2012
Thank you, Truthislight.

Muslims like vexdaxcool like to derail when given hard facts

1 Like

Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by Delafruita(m): 10:53am On Jul 13, 2012
i have studied islam for a longtime and i believe i know a lot about it.for avoidance of doubt,the prophet said in one of his hadiths "seek for knowledge as far as china".by china,he meant seek knowledge wherever it is.in essence,it does you a lot of good to actually engage in discussion and moreso to remain on the subject matter of the discussion rather than casting aspersions.
as to the topic,i believe the problem of islam is the culture and tradition of the adherents of islam.traditionally,middle eastern nations(including isreal)had very little respect for women.it was quite visible in most of paul's letters that women were to be seen and not heard.his theory that women should cover their hair(with absolutely no evidence of Jesus saying such)in is tandem with the laws of islam.
originally,Islam was intended to be a religion of peace.muhammad had the idea,though he waged some wars in badr,uhud and the battle of khandak but they were defensive wars rather than offensive.even upon his conquest of makkah,he displayed a rare sense of magnanimity.the war-like nature of islam probably began with caliph ali's desire to conquer europe and that tradition,unfortunately,has remained.
some countries have benefitted from been islamic nations.iran for example does better today than it did under the shah.same could be said of jordan.dont also mistake a country with predominantly moslem population to been an islamic republic.egypt isnt an islamic republic,so also iraq or even bahrain.the only truly islamic nation is iraq.saudi arabia operates a monarchy which isnt in the actual sense an islamic republic.
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by MacDaddy01: 10:55am On Jul 13, 2012
Delafruita:
i have studied islam for a longtime and i believe i know a lot about it.for avoidance of doubt,the prophet said in one of his hadiths "seek for knowledge as far as china".by china,he meant seek knowledge wherever it is.in essence,it does you a lot of good to actually engage in discussion and moreso to remain on the subject matter of the discussion rather than casting aspersions.
as to the topic,i believe the problem of islam is the culture and tradition of the adherents of islam.traditionally,middle eastern nations(including isreal)had very little respect for women.it was quite visible in most of paul's letters that women were to be seen and not heard.his theory that women should cover their hair(with absolutely no evidence of Jesus saying such)in is tandem with the laws of islam.
originally,Islam was intended to be a religion of peace.muhammad had the idea,though he waged some wars in badr,uhud and the battle of khandak but they were defensive wars rather than offensive.even upon his conquest of makkah,he displayed a rare sense of magnanimity.the war-like nature of islam probably began with caliph ali's desire to conquer europe and that tradition,unfortunately,has remained.
some countries have benefitted from been islamic nations.iran for example does better today than it did under the shah.same could be said of jordan.dont also mistake a country with predominantly moslem population to been an islamic republic.egypt isnt an islamic republic,so also iraq or even bahrain.the only truly islamic nation is iraq.saudi arabia operates a monarchy which isnt in the actual sense an islamic republic.

Thanks for the insight
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by MacDaddy01: 11:25am On Jul 13, 2012
Delafruita:

I would like to discuss this on the Islam section on this thread;

https://www.nairaland.com/987827/request-evidence-greatness-truthfulness-islam

It would be more effective there
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by amosy007: 11:32am On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

There are christian terrorists as well. Eg the Norway bomber. The killer of baby tiller. Abortion hospital bombers etc.

However, christians are generally quicker to denounce such actions. Judaism/christianity has gotten a reformation that islam hasnt

well i dnt really believe much in any religion.. Buh when u talk of religion terrorism... Islam seems to be toping the list... Like u pointed out the norway guy didnt kill strictly muslims or killed in the name of christ.. And those that do abortions didnt do it in d name of christ or for d sake of christianity either... Afteral atheists and other people do abortions to... They are just human personal crime.. Its like saying All christians are terrorists simply becoz hitler killed more 5million people (though am not sure if hitler is christian or not)

buh the case with islam is different... They kill infidels for the arab god... Its either u accept islam or die.. Thats just d different
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by amosy007: 11:43am On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

There are christian terrorists as well. Eg the Norway bomber. The killer of baby tiller. Abortion hospital bombers etc.

However, christians are generally quicker to denounce such actions. Judaism/christianity has gotten a reformation that islam hasnt
check out this link..

www.terrorism-research.com/groups/categories.php

It will help u on how to clasify diff types of terrorism
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by MacDaddy01: 11:53am On Jul 13, 2012
amosy007:
check out this link..

www.terrorism-research.com/groups/categories.php

It will help u on how to clasify diff types of terrorism

Will check it thanks!
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by MacDaddy01: 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
amosy007:

well i dnt really believe much in any religion.. Buh when u talk of religion terrorism... Islam seems to be toping the list... Like u pointed out the norway guy didnt kill strictly muslims or killed in the name of christ.. And those that do abortions didnt do it in d name of christ or for d sake of christianity either... Afteral atheists and other people do abortions to... They are just human personal crime.. Its like saying All christians are terrorists simply becoz hitler killed more 5million people (though am not sure if hitler is christian or not)

buh the case with islam is different... They kill infidels for the arab god... Its either u accept islam or die.. Thats just d different
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by Sweetnecta: 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
@Amosy007: the "topping the list" phenomenon of today of Islam and terrorism is an artificial thing that has no root in Islam.
Look at Islamic history, killing was when it was unavoidable, unlike when the ignorant muslims seek out who and means of killing.
It is against the Laws of God to terminate lives and when you can justifiably do so, revenge is shunned and no one died in the time of the messenger [sa] except the worst, the pharaohs of the day.

A person can say he is doing something in the name of what he says he is doing it. To know the truth, you will have to apply many rules. Lets restrict ourselves to just two in this case:

1]. Does Islam permits killing of innocent people? Or even insist that you must shed bloods?

2]. Is the person who says he is doing it for Islam not a hypocrite if he is only saying it on his lips and his heart [mind] is doing it for other reasons? If Islam does not permit killing of innocent, those who have not been your killers, since they did not kill you, arent you actually going against islam and a liar when you use Islam to carry out your own heinous agenda?

Whether you shout or not, your reason for doing evil is known to God.

Further, the word infidel does not have anything similar to it in Quranic Arabic. The word INFIDEL can be found on the pages of the Bible. And the Arab God is Allah the Ellah of Jesus in hallEluyah. That is your Illah and He is Universal unlike the tribal God of the jews, the vengeance God of the christian or the many Gods of the polytheists or the non existing God of the brain worshiper atheist.
And anyone can shout or not shout, God knows what is in the heart.
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by MacDaddy01: 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Amosy007: the "topping the list" phenomenon of today of Islam and terrorism is an artificial thing that has no root in Islam.
Look at Islamic history, killing was when it was unavoidable, unlike when the ignorant muslims seek out who and means of killing.
It is against the Laws of God to terminate lives and when you can justifiably do so, revenge is shunned and no one died in the time of the messenger [sa] except the worst, the pharaohs of the day.

A person can say he is doing something in the name of what he says he is doing it. To know the truth, you will have to apply many rules. Lets restrict ourselves to just two in this case:

1]. Does Islam permits killing of innocent people? Or even insist that you must shed bloods?

2]. Is the person who says he is doing it for Islam not a hypocrite if he is only saying it on his lips and his heart [mind] is doing it for other reasons? If Islam does not permit killing of innocent, those who have not been your killers, since they did not kill you, arent you actually going against islam and a liar when you use Islam to carry out your own heinous agenda?

Whether you shout or not, your reason for doing evil is known to God.

Further, the word infidel does not have anything similar to it in Quranic Arabic. The word INFIDEL can be found on the pages of the Bible. And the Arab God is Allah the Ellah of Jesus in hallEluyah. That is your Illah and He is Universal unlike the tribal God of the jews, the vengeance God of the christian or the many Gods of the polytheists or the non existing God of the brain worshiper atheist.
And anyone can shout or not shout, God knows what is in the heart.

Lol...it seems that you are semi-educated and you dont know much about your religion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by MacDaddy01: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sweetnecta,

have you forgotten these words;

mushrik, kaffir?
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by Sweetnecta: 8:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
^^^^ Neither is equal to infidel.

The christians invented the word infidel against the heathen muslims.

how does muslim now use it against anyone? I dont.

You are probably a mushrik, but definitely a kafirin; covering up the truth that you have knowledge of.
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by MacDaddy01: 8:32pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^^^^ Neither is equal to infidel.

The christians invented the word infidel against the heathen muslims.

how does muslim now use it against anyone? I dont.

You are probably a mushrik, but definitely a kafirin; covering up the truth that you have knowledge of.

And what truth would I be covering up?
Re: Islam A Religion Of No Progress And No Practicality? by LagosShia: 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
moderator should take note when this confused atheist is spamming the forum.

this same topic was created into a thread by him a while ago with another title.he was given answers there even to his own admitted satisfaction at a point.so people take note:

"How Will Islam Make My Life Better?"
https://www.nairaland.com/932792/how-islam-make-life-better

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Islamic View Point: Protection Against Witchcraft And Magic / Fish With Arabic Inscriptions Caught Recently (pics) / Good Manners: The Weightiest Of Good Deeds.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.