Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? (3503 Views)

Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? / Is This A Religion: Sharia Law:punishment For Adultery And Fornication : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 11:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
History has it that Mohammed, the progenitor of Islam has friends among Jews merchants who ply their trades in Mecca then, no wonder the semblance of the religion (Islam) with Judaism and Christianity!
No doubt, there are no countries on this Planet that are more violent-prone other than countries in the Middle-East, North Africa and any other countries with more Muslim populations.

The word "Islam" has been falsely proclaimed by Muslims to mean PEACE. The word Islam, actually means "submission" to the Muslim god of intolerance and hatred. It comes from the root Arabic word "taslim". In Arabic, the word for peace is only "solh". Consider this fact;
Christians & Jewish martyrs say; "I will die for what I believe". A Muslim martyr says; "you will die for what I believe"! Now what do you pick from this;

Surah 47:4 says:

Fa'idhā Laqītumu Al-Ladhīna Kafarū Fađarba Ar-Riqābi Ĥattaá 'Idhā 'Athkhantumūhum Fashuddū Al-Wathāqa Fa'immā Mannāan Ba`du Wa 'Immā Fidā'an Ĥattaá Tađa`a Al-Ĥarbu 'Awzārahā Dhālika Wa Law Yashā'u Allāhu Lāntaşara Minhum Wa Lakin Liyabluwa Ba`đakum Biba`đin Wa Al-Ladhīna Qutilū Fī Sabīli Allāhi Falan Yuđilla 'A`mālahum

which means; Therefore, WHEN YOU MEET THE UNBELIEVERS, SMITE AT THEIR NECKS; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah, - He will never let their deeds be lost.

I challenge any Muslim scholar to dispute this! In my own candid opinion, it is better for Nigerian Muslims (especially from the Yoruba extract) to understand that no matter the level of devotion they give to the religion, no matter the thickness of the Lawani on their heads, no matter how versed they are in the Quran, they (Yoruba Muslims) are still eternally inferior to Hausa Muslims, the more reason they keep killing them (Yoruba Muslims) anytime there is uprising in the North. If Islam is a religion of PEACE, then it is wrong for Muslims to tell others about that, I (non Muslim) as a person should be able to affirm that without anyone telling me, now a religion of PEACE has wasted more lives than you can ever imagine just in the name of fighting for ALLAH in order to spread your religion. As far as I am concerned there is no difference between Boko Haram or Fulani Herdsman or Mai-Suya, Mai-Tea etc they are the same thing. My pity always goes to the Yoruba Muslims who allowed Funky Mallams to proselytize them and yet don’t see them as brethren. Indeed, Islam is a RELIGION OF PEACE!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by ektbear: 2:04am On Jul 14, 2012
Even muslims don't believe that islam is a religion of peace, lol

Let alone anybody else

6 Likes

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by achi4u(m): 2:38am On Jul 14, 2012
yeah,they knw all is not well with islam(amabad)
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2012
achi4u: yeah,they knw all is not well with islam(amabad)

Sometimes I wonder aloud to myself that despite the exposure of this 'damned religion' and the escapades of the progenitor, Mohammed, people will still in their hearts of hearts deem it fit to go this length in spreading a false religion as this. Men, not even in Animal Kingdom will this ever happen. Indeed, Karl Max captured it imaginatively well that, 'Religion is the opium of the people'!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2012
ekt_bear: Even muslims don't believe that islam is a religion of peace, lol

Let alone anybody else

Then why are they still in it? THIS IS BONDAGE PAR EXCELLENCE!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by ODB1: 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
All religions are totally useless.

A wise man once said; Treat your religion like your genita1s, never expose it in public and never try shoving it down other people's throat.

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
O.D.B.:

A wise man once said; Treat your religion like your genita1s, never expose it in public and never try shoving it down other people's throat.

The more reason I am a big fan of the WHITES, they are SPIRITUAL while we BLACKS are RELIGIOUS!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by AustineE1: 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2012
Apostle Paul wrote'their conscience is bearing witness with them and btw their own thoughts,they are being accused or even excused'.Romans 2:14,15.
'ignorance is the true original sin'!J.Brierley

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by shizzle11(m): 6:20pm On Jul 14, 2012
O.D.B.:

If you are indeed nigerian and you live there, you can tell which religion tries to shove their belief down the throat of others. Never heard christians say you must practicse christianity but it is a theme song among musrams that everybody must convert to islam if they want peace in nigeria with its incessant attack on christians and churches. From this assertion, it was needless of you to quote your 'wise man' in his description of religion cos you know much as i do that islam has been known to propagate violence.#Point to note: christianity is not useless
Op, islam is a religion of piss and violence, its being proven long ago
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 10:16am On Jul 15, 2012
Una christians and atheist(gentiles) no dey tire...always bringing up one topic "Islam is violents or Mohammed is a violent man" many times muslims have answered and rebunk this. I myself i've answered many christians with this same Questions quoting out context...if i start quoting out what jehovah(3headed god) has done in bible(war, killing, raping, slavery) or the violent speech christ Jesus said una go tell me na parables or holyghost thing...well lemme reserve my post for now.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 10:17am On Jul 15, 2012
Una christians and atheist(gentiles) no dey tire...always bringing up one topic "Islam is violents or Mohammed is a violent man" many times muslims have answered and rebunk this. I myself i've answered many christians with this same Questions quoting out context...if i start quoting out what jehovah(3headed god) has done in bible(war, killing, raping, slavery) or the violent speech christ Jesus said una go tell me na parables or holyghost thing...lemme give a tip maybe you start explaining from this verse
"Whosoever would not seek the lord GOD of Isreal should be put to death whether small or great whether man or woman(2 chronicles 15:13)"
well lemme reserve my post for now. grin
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by Cheers01: 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2012
There is very little evidence to show that Islam is a religion of peace. All monotheistic religions have had bloody and peaceful periods.

Lets look at current information from studies on peace;

According to the global peace index, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index#Global_Peace_Index_rankings)
-No muslim or sharia or islamic country in the top 10 peaceful countries in the world
-5 out of the 10 least peaceful countries in the world are islamic/muslim/sharia following.

I have more but I am willing to challenge any muslim who can show practical evidence that islam is a religion of peace

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 9:11pm On Jul 15, 2012
tintingz: Una christians and atheist(gentiles) no dey tire...always bringing up one topic "Islam is violents or Mohammed is a violent man" many times muslims have answered and rebunk this. I myself i've answered many christians with this same Questions quoting out context...if i start quoting out what jehovah(3headed god) has done in bible(war, killing, raping, slavery) or the violent speech christ Jesus said una go tell me na parables or holyghost thing...lemme give a tip maybe you start explaining from this verse
"Whosoever would not seek the lord GOD of Isreal should be put to death whether small or great whether man or woman(2 chronicles 15:13)"
well lemme reserve my post for now. grin

Bring it on, you have failed to understand what we are saying here, there is no point engaging you in a pointless slanging match, (of course, no christian is willing to do that) just listen, open up your heart and allow the word of life to sink into you. The passage you quoted was totally taking out of context, it was an agreement among the children of Israel to keep sin from their camp so that no defiler will allow the wrath of God to fall upon them during their time of consecration before God its a normal practise, unlike a religion that will brand some 'infidel' and then go ahead to attack them. Just read on and learn and be enlightened for once!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by Cheers01: 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2012
Even their debaters cant win on this topic. They lost the debate "is islam a religion of peace?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh34Xsq7D_A
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2012
tomakint:
Bring it on, you have failed to understand what we are saying here, there is no point engaging you in a pointless slanging match, (of course, no christian is willing to do that) just listen, open up your heart and allow the word of life to sink into you. The passage you quoted was totally taking out of context, it was an agreement among the children of Israel to keep sin from their camp so that no defiler will allow the wrath of God to fall upon them during their time of consecration before God its a normal practise, unlike a religion that will brand some 'infidel' and then go ahead to attack them. Just read on and learn and be enlightened for once!
mumu so the Quran verses you qouted is not out of context? Read the Quran, hadith and history of Prophet Mohammed[saw] how the mecca pagans treated him, hate him and want to prosecute him because he is preaching 'one God' and later migrate to medina with is companion he lost his wife Khadija in the jorney, still the mecca pagan want to destroy Islam but Mohammed[saw] told his followers they should not fight. Until Allah[swt] said to Mohammed Quran 2:190: Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.
And Allah also told him 8:61:"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that Heareth and Knoweth (all things)."
just try and read more and use ur brain ok.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
tintingz: mumu so the Quran verses you qouted is not out of context? Read the Quran, hadith and history of Prophet Mohammed[saw] how the mecca pagans treated him, hate him and want to prosecute him because he is preaching 'one God' and later migrate to medina with is companion he lost his wife Khadija in the jorney, still the mecca pagan want to destroy Islam but Mohammed[saw] told his followers they should not fight. Until Allah[swt] said to Mohammed Quran 2:190: Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.
And Allah also told him 8:61:"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that Heareth and Knoweth (all things)."
just try and read more and use ur brain ok.

There is no use growing older when you are not getting wiser!

Bottomline: some things don't get said out loud, please use your brain and seek for the true GOD (JEHOVAH),HE is a merciful God! Boko harams, Al-Quaeda, and many others lay claim to Islam as their religion they even read out from the Qur'an before be-heading their victims, trust me a great curse is on them and those who share their beliefs! I thank God I belong to JESUS! calling one names says it all! May God have mercy on you especially, my point!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2012
tomakint:
There is no use growing older when you are not getting wiser!
Bottomline: some things don't get said out loud, please use your brain and seek for the true GOD (JEHOVAH),HE is a merciful God! Boko harams, Al-Quaeda, and many others lay claim to Islam as their religion they even read out from the Qur'an before be-heading their victims, trust me a great curse is on them and those who share their beliefs! I thank God I belong to JESUS! calling one names says it all! May God have mercy on you especially, my point!
hehehehehe(lafin like moon alien) don't even knw where to start from sef, Jehovah or Eloi. Jehovah name didnt even appear in NT bible while Eloi the one Jesus called didnt appear in OT is like the jews are changing God's name and don't expect me to start worshiping 3headed god(trinity) or bowing to the criminal cross of the jew, i believe in one God you can call Allah a moon god or black stone like many christians say Allah[swt] has describe himself in the Quran and he knows best, for your info Jesus promise to reject christians like you 'mathew 7:21'...you can call terrorist names on Islam and you can call them muslims buh not doing the way of Islam, dnt wanna talk much learn and study Islam thanks.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by illiest(m): 2:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
Question time : If you go to Vatican city and you tear a bible people over there will fast and pray for you for deliverance.If you tear a koran some where in the arab world what will happen ? you dont need to answer please.

A youth corper years back was teaching students in a class room in the north and one of the pupils was bending and reading a book. she went there took the book and threw it on the floor and punished the boy. Guess what that book was actually a koran unknown to her and the next day the whole village wanted her head. but thanks to the police she was whisked away.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by LagosShia: 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2012
[size=18pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"? [/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them, (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-8 ) :
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by LagosShia: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2012
HOLY QURAN 5:32:
whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.

HOLY QURAN 2:190:
Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 7:55:
(O mankind!) Call upon your Lord humbly and in secret. Lo! He loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 8:61:
"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that Heareth and Knoweth (all things)."

HOLY QURAN 5:2:
" , and let not the hatred of some people in (once) shutting you out of the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancour: fear Allah: for Allah is strict in punishment."

HOLY QURAN 41:34:
"Nor can Goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!"

HOLY QURAN 4:135:
"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do."

HOLY QURAN 16:90
"God advocates justice, charity, and regarding the relatives. And He forbids evil, vice, and transgression. He enlightens you, that you may take heed."

HOLY QURAN 16:126:
"And if ye do punish them, punish them no worse than they punished you: but if ye show patience, that is indeed the best (course) for those who are patient."

HOLY QURAN 21:107:
"And we have not sent you but as a mercy for the world"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by Cheers01: 3:22pm On Jul 17, 2012
LagosShia: HOLY QURAN 5:32:
whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.

HOLY QURAN 2:190:
Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 7:55:
(O mankind!) Call upon your Lord humbly and in secret. Lo! He loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 8:61:
"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that Heareth and Knoweth (all things)."

HOLY QURAN 5:2:
" , and let not the hatred of some people in (once) shutting you out of the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancour: fear Allah: for Allah is strict in punishment."

HOLY QURAN 41:34:
"Nor can Goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!"

HOLY QURAN 4:135:
"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do."

HOLY QURAN 16:90
"God advocates justice, charity, and regarding the relatives. And He forbids evil, vice, and transgression. He enlightens you, that you may take heed."

HOLY QURAN 16:126:
"And if ye do punish them, punish them no worse than they punished you: but if ye show patience, that is indeed the best (course) for those who are patient."

HOLY QURAN 21:107:
"And we have not sent you but as a mercy for the world"

Wow, arent there more violent verses than the peaceful verses you put up? You're not fooling anyone

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
Cheers01:
Wow, arent there more violent verses than the peaceful verses you put up? You're not fooling anyone
you're fooling yourselv mr. is like the english lagoshia wrote is writn in chinese english abi?, early monkey atheist sorry artist tongue
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2012
@broda Lagoshia, may almighty Allah cont. blessing you...for letting all this gentile of xtians knw this cheesy
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by LagosShia: 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2012
tintingz: you're fooling yourselv mr. is like the english lagoshia wrote is writn in chinese english abi?, early monkey atheist sorry artist tongue

i have seen many of his replies to my posts and threads,when they are not even directed at him.he is trying hard to seek attention.for now and so far i have decided to ignore him.he deliberately spreads nonsense to seek attention and feel.he is best dealt with by ignoring him.he'd get tired on his own.an atheist that is more interested in Islam than his atheism and he still doesn't want to give up and take the shahada.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by Cheers01: 11:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
tintingz: you're fooling yourselv mr. is like the english lagoshia wrote is writn in chinese english abi?, early monkey atheist sorry artist tongue

Did I lie when I said that there are more violent verses in the Quran than the peaceful ones LagosShia put up? See how you embarrass yourself when you are faced with the truth?

I am waiting for you to deny before I put up the verses.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by Cheers01: 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
LagosShia:

i have seen many of his replies to my posts and threads,when they are not even directed at him.he is trying hard to seek attention.for now and so far i have decided to ignore him.he deliberately spreads nonsense to seek attention and feel.he is best dealt with by ignoring him.he'd get tired on his own.an atheist that is more interested in Islam than his atheism and he still doesn't want to give up and take the shahada.

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 6:44am On Jul 18, 2012
Cheers01:
Did I lie when I said that there are more violent verses in the Quran than the peaceful ones LagosShia put up? See how you embarrass yourself when you are faced with the truth?
I am waiting for you to deny before I put up the verses.
didnt you read what mr. Lagoshia postd he said those verses are writtn out of context...the revelation were recieved according to a particular event that occur in the time of Prophet Mohammed[saw] and not well arranged if not you won't get the message clearly until you read the whole verses of the Quran, try and do this ok.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 6:54am On Jul 18, 2012
LagosShia:
he really needs help, i heard he's the same as(logicboy) who carried Jesus cross for 22yrs grin and convertd to a monkey beleif(atheism), mayb those reverend have molest him tongue
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by chakula: 7:38am On Jul 18, 2012
Hmn nothing interested on this thread the OP isn't serious on what he's asking rather creating the room of dispute.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by BetaThings: 8:01am On Jul 18, 2012
Austine.E:
Apostle Paul wrote'their conscience is bearing witness with them and btw their own thoughts,they are being accused or even excused'.Romans 2:14,15.
'ignorance is the true original sin'!J.Brierley
ekt_bear: Even muslims don't believe that islam is a religion of peace, lol

Let alone anybody else

tomakint:

Then why are they still in it? THIS IS BONDAGE PAR EXCELLENCE!

And all these people not minding their business are thereby demonstrating that their own religion is peaceful?
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by Cheers01: 9:34am On Jul 18, 2012
tintingz: didnt you read what mr. Lagoshia postd he said those verses are writtn out of context...the revelation were recieved according to a particular event that occur in the time of Prophet Mohammed[saw] and not well arranged if not you won't get the message clearly until you read the whole verses of the Quran, try and do this ok.

There are two problems with what you are saying;
1) If they are out of context, then the same can be said about the peaceful verses too; they are out of context.

2) Reading the whole context of some violent verses doesnt change anything. For instance, this verse that non-muslims alkways use against islam;

Six translations of Qur'an 4:34:

"Men are superior to women on account of the qualities with which God has gifted the one above the other, and on account of the outlay they make from their substance for them. Virtuous women are obedient, careful, during the husband's absence, because God has of them been careful. But chide those for whose refractoriness you have cause to fear; remove them into beds apart, and scourge them: but if they are obedient to you, then seek not occasion against them: verily, God is High, Great!" (Rodwell's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme." (Dawood's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men are in charge of women, because Allah has made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah has guarded. As for those from whom you fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High Exalted, Great." (Pickthall's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men are the managers of the affairs of women for that God has preferred in bounty one of them over another, and for that they have expended of their property. Righteous women are therefore obedient, guarding the secret for God's guarding. And those you fear may be rebellious admonish; banish them to their couches, and beat them. If they then obey you, look not for any way against them; God is All high, All great." (Arberry's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in their sleeping places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great. (Shakir's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whom part you fear disloyalty and ill conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance) for Allah is Most High, Great (above you all). (Ali's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

Is violence in the home allowed in the form of wife beating allowed in Islam?
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by Cheers01: 9:38am On Jul 18, 2012
tintingz: he really needs help, i heard he's the same as(logicboy) who carried Jesus cross for 22yrs grin and convertd to a monkey beleif(atheism), mayb those reverend have molest him tongue

Atheism is not a monkey belief. It is simply a disbelief

How would you like it if I insulted islam? Would you like it if I said that Islam is a terrorist belief? No, so dont say that atheism is a monkey belief.

You think it is funny to make molestation jokes? I wouldnt do that if I were you considering your prophet and Aisha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Last Sermon Of Prophet Muhammad(s.a.w) / Why Muslims Will Have No Excuse Before God / Muslim Scholars Issue Verdict On Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.