Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:26 AM

95 Dead, 18 Injured In Fuel Tanker Fire In Rivers State, Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 95 Dead, 18 Injured In Fuel Tanker Fire In Rivers State, Nigeria (1824 Views)

Tanker fire kills one, burns 3 trucks in Lagos / Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) / Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

95 Dead, 18 Injured In Fuel Tanker Fire In Rivers State, Nigeria by modnd3(m): 7:35am On Jul 13, 2012
[img]http://2.bp..com/-OzK42rDV1YY/T_899Ye7XhI/AAAAAAAACL8/PFvSZm0ZGIU/s400/Fire.jpg[/img]

At least 95 were killed after a fuel tanker had fallen on Thursday morning on the Ahoda-Mbiama Road in Ahoada West Local Government Area of Rivers State.

Ninety-three were burned to death on the spot. Two died later in the hospital (and) 18 people were seriously injured," said Kayode Olagunju, sector commander of the Federal Road Safety Commission in the state.

"People rushed there to scoop for fuel and there was a fire which consumed a lot of people," said police spokesman Ben Ugwuegbulem, of the southern Rivers state

Read More Here >> http://www.unclenaira.com/2012/07/95-dead-18-injured-in-fuel-tanker-fire.html
Re: 95 Dead, 18 Injured In Fuel Tanker Fire In Rivers State, Nigeria by amosy007: 7:40am On Jul 13, 2012
Yuck! Please can u remove that picture? Its horrible.. Children may be viewing this thread sumtimes as guest...

May their soul RIP.
Re: 95 Dead, 18 Injured In Fuel Tanker Fire In Rivers State, Nigeria by olufunmibi(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2012
amosy007: Yuck! Please can u remove that picture? Its horrible.. Children may be viewing this thread sumtimes as guest...

May their soul RIP.
@amosy007, I don't agree with you and that picture will not be removed. Going by the policy statement of nairaland, the politics section is not a domain for children, this panel is not about Ben 10 " I love you, you love me" frivolities, so children viewing this site should have been busy doing their homework, by the way, they should be spanked by their parents. At OP, thanks for the reportage. May the soul of the victims have a restful repose and may these waves of evil cease in our land. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Why Is GEJ Anti-north? / Who Is Scared Of Gej? / I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.