Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Help Me With Code To Disable The Maximize Button On My Jframe (java). - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Me With Code To Disable The Maximize Button On My Jframe (java). (2621 Views)

Programming FUN With Code Snippets!! -C++,C#, Java,php,python Or Any Language!! / Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server / How Do I Disable The Cancel Button On The Top Corner Of Forms In C#? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me With Code To Disable The Maximize Button On My Jframe (java). by SayoMarvel(m): 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2007
Here are my problems:
In Java programming language.

1. How do I disable the maximize button on my JFrame.
2. How do I hide it.
Re: Help Me With Code To Disable The Maximize Button On My Jframe (java). by kanirip: 11:30am On Dec 06, 2007
Now I could give you the answer to this ORRR

I could tell you to google for 'disable maximize button'.

Google for 'disable maximize button' grin

I saw your last program and u need to be more independent.

Tell me what ur final solution was.
Re: Help Me With Code To Disable The Maximize Button On My Jframe (java). by SayoMarvel(m): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2007
I've updated that last program. The thing is that i created an appearance panel. The panel has three radio buttons that changes the color appearance and also changes the look and feel. I also imroved the program in a way that if you point the mouse on any button, it will highlight the button(MouseMotion Listener). Also whenever you click on any text field, the default text will automatically disappear(Focus Listener) making the program more user friendly. i will post the update tomorrow i forgot copy it from my desktop to my laptop befoe coming to the cyber cafe.
Re: Help Me With Code To Disable The Maximize Button On My Jframe (java). by SayoMarvel(m): 1:46pm On Dec 06, 2007
Hi kinirip, can you kindly explain what u meant by being more independent?
Re: Help Me With Code To Disable The Maximize Button On My Jframe (java). by roflmao: 2:26am On Dec 11, 2007
I ain't programmed in Java in years but I think the method is something like setResizable("false") - well at least the last time I used it. Best just go to Sun's Java API.
Re: Help Me With Code To Disable The Maximize Button On My Jframe (java). by megaplaza(m): 9:30am On Jan 14, 2011
i think you should simply use frame.resizeable(false); to set the frame resizeable to false then to hide a frame, frame.setVisible(false); and frame.setVisible(true); to make it visible. Thanks, i noticed this was asked in 2007 but i answered cos it might be helpful to others.

(1) (Reply)

Please, What Is Web Topography? / Devs How Are You Guys Making Money??? / Java online compiler for swing programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.