Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,049 members, 7,863,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

Bible Scholars,can You Please Explain Luke 1:1-3 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Scholars,can You Please Explain Luke 1:1-3 (1853 Views)

34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! / Why Do Many, Even Bible Scholars Say God Created "light" First - Is It True? / Paul Vs. Jesus's Teachings: Is There A Conflict? For serious bible scholars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Scholars,can You Please Explain Luke 1:1-3 by Delafruita(m): 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, actually, I am not religious at all. I am a Christian. A discrepancy ceases to be a discrepancy once a possible explanation can be given. The truth will remain. The only way to prove something untrue is to show irreconcilable contradictions. You have failed in this regard.
well,i advise you to begin your own ministry.your ability to twist the bible to suit your point will ensure your success in this venture.i wont mind been one of your church accountants so we can both feed fat while fleecing the gullible

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars,can You Please Explain Luke 1:1-3 by MrAnony1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2012
Delafruita:
well,i advise you to begin your own ministry.your ability to twist the bible to suit your point will ensure your success in this venture.i wont mind been one of your church accountants so we can both feed fat while fleecing the gullible
Lol, I like how you start pretending to be all-objective and unbiased but as we move along, your biases become more and more evident. Anyway, thanks for the advice (pity I won't be taking it though).

It has been some fun arguing with you though I must say, and I hope one day you get to meet Jesus and know God for yourself.

Cheers man
Re: Bible Scholars,can You Please Explain Luke 1:1-3 by Delafruita(m): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I like how you start pretending to be all-objective and unbiased but as we move along, your biases become more and more evident. Anyway, thanks for the advice (pity I won't be taking it though).

It has been some fun arguing with you though I must say, and I hope one day you get to meet Jesus and know God for yourself.

Cheers man
Mr_Anony:

Cheers man
as suprising as this may sound,i dont consider myself an atheist.i believe there is a divine being(though i dont agree its jesus).after doing my research,i concluded the theory of evolution is just a beautiful story from the stable of charles darwin productions(though am yet to discuss on that on this forum).i believe in intelligent design.honestly,i am in a search for that divine being.i have tried islam,cathloicism,christianity,traditional worship and i am yet to find that divine being.in the mean time,my career(business) has become my diety
Re: Bible Scholars,can You Please Explain Luke 1:1-3 by MrAnony1(m): 10:43am On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita:

as suprising as this may sound,i dont consider myself an atheist.i believe there is a divine being(though i dont agree its jesus).after doing my research,i concluded the theory of evolution is just a beautiful story from the stable of charles darwin productions(though am yet to discuss on that on this forum).i believe in intelligent design.honestly,i am in a search for that divine being.i have tried islam,cathloicism,christianity,traditional worship and i am yet to find that divine being.in the mean time,my career(business) has become my diety
Actually, you didn't strike me as an atheist. I would have said more like a "back-sliden" muslim. Anyway that's fine, continue in your search for God. He will reveal Himself to you if you seek Him sincerely. I hope we do have another debate sometime smiley
Re: Bible Scholars,can You Please Explain Luke 1:1-3 by Delafruita(m): 10:54am On Jul 16, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Actually, you didn't strike me as an atheist. I would have said more like a "back-sliden" muslim. Anyway that's fine, continue in your search for God. He will reveal Himself to you if you seek Him sincerely. I hope we do have another debate sometime smiley
lol@back slidden muslim.actually,i have been a christian for the past 20 years.was born into a multi-religious home so my childhood(oabout 7 years of it) was that of been a muslim.
Re: Bible Scholars,can You Please Explain Luke 1:1-3 by MrAnony1(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita:
lol@back slidden muslim.actually,i have been a christian for the past 20 years.was born into a multi-religious home so my childhood(oabout 7 years of it) was that of been a muslim.
My assumption was wrong then. Just out of curiosity, were you ever born-again?
Re: Bible Scholars,can You Please Explain Luke 1:1-3 by Delafruita(m): 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mr_Anony:
My assumption was wrong then. Just out of curiosity, were you ever born-again?
you mean that part where you answer an "altar call",take baptisimal classes and other stuff?yes i was.tried to live the "holy life" and succeeded for a while even becoming a member of the welcoming team,welfare team,IT dept and editorial committee.i read my devotionals everyday and studied the bible but then the Bible stories just didnt add up.how could a god of love allow so much killing and wickedness?how could a god that created the entire world choose a ridiculous group as "his own people" and then send them on killing sprees.i didnt "lose my faith",i just studied the bible and then started doing an independent research.i questioned my pastors but they had no satisfactory answers.they wouldnt even admit that they had far better lives than their members at least financially.i have always loved history so it wasnt too difficult to see that some things just didnt add up then i did further investigation on the bible,its history,how it was compiled etc and all the evidence pointed to christianity been developed out of judaism and jesus christ been made its diety after the fashion of mithra.there's just sooooooooooooo much evidence and i rarely ever discuss them with those that surround me unless they start the "jesus is the way" sermon
Re: Bible Scholars,can You Please Explain Luke 1:1-3 by MrAnony1(m): 11:32pm On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita:
you mean that part where you answer an "altar call",take baptisimal classes and other stuff?yes i was.tried to live the "holy life" and succeeded for a while even becoming a member of the welcoming team,welfare team,IT dept and editorial committee.i read my devotionals everyday and studied the bible but then the Bible stories just didnt add up.how could a god of love allow so much killing and wickedness?how could a god that created the entire world choose a ridiculous group as "his own people" and then send them on killing sprees.i didnt "lose my faith",i just studied the bible and then started doing an independent research.i questioned my pastors but they had no satisfactory answers.they wouldnt even admit that they had far better lives than their members at least financially.i have always loved history so it wasnt too difficult to see that some things just didnt add up then i did further investigation on the bible,its history,how it was compiled etc and all the evidence pointed to christianity been developed out of judaism and jesus christ been made its diety after the fashion of mithra.there's just sooooooooooooo much evidence and i rarely ever discuss them with those that surround me unless they start the "jesus is the way" sermon
My friend, permit me to say this but from your reply, It is doubtful that you were ever born again in the true sense. I'll give you a full response a bit later. please bear with me for now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems / "TB Joshua Is Nigeria's Greatest Tourist Attraction" - This Day / Covid-19 : I Asked Where Mbaka, Mouka, Kumuyi God Is And I Got This In Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.