Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,034 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:37 PM

The burning cold - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The burning cold (47327 Views)

Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) / Jos, December And Cold. / UNYIME-IVY KING – “burning Hurt” Akwa Ibom’s Bestfemale Literary Fiction Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ice4jez: Mynd u beta update now or some is gonna get a hurt real bad
Make I chop first
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 3:18pm On Dec 06, 2012
prettiest1:
Weak in that aspect abi? what will u tell Chidimma,
I guess U must have told her u haven't done it before.
If it was a girl who did that, the world would've come to an end.
men' world na wa oo

na story the guy de yarn oh
never turn am to quarrel abeg
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 3:19pm On Dec 06, 2012
guy you too much jooor
infact better beer for you on sunday
grin grin grin
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
dubem3:

na story the guy de yarn oh
never turn am to quarrel abeg
Feminist na.

Abeg prettiest, send me a PM make we gist offline jorh.
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
Mynd_44:
Feminist na.
Abeg prettiest, send me a PM make we gist offline jorh.

SMH
Re: The burning cold by UjSizzle(f): 11:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
Se.x is a good remedy after a near death experience I've heard grin.
Nice story btw
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 4:50am On Dec 09, 2012
I am going back in
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 5:33am On Dec 09, 2012
That smile again. In the half sleepy state I was, I was not in my right senses. I had seen what he did to that cat-witch last night and that was a testimony to how strong this guy was and I was not about to just allow him take me like that so I reacted in the way I thought was right.

I sprang up from the bed, pointed my hand to him and growled,

"burn"

All of a sudden, I felt a bust of energy inside me as I was filled with some kind of buzz and I saw the man go up in flames. The flames came from nowhere and it was like he just started burning from inside but his reaction scared me more.

He just stood there while he burned. I tried to remember some other spells but I had either forgotten them or they did not work as I don't completely remember the words in the language they are spoken in or I was not strong enought to use them but I did not give up. I kept trying spells but I could not get any one right at all.

He was now standing on the wall on the opposite side of the room while I was standing on my bed. Seeing that the fire was not causing any damage, I tried to see if I could run but as I made for the door, I saw the fire on him go off immediately.

His skin was untouched and even a strand of hair was not out of place

"where are you going?" he asked

he continued

"I am not here to kill you or hurt you but I am here to show you things and open your eyes to certain truths"

I was in no mood to listen to anything anyone was saying as I made for the door. I was wearing a boxer short I put on when I opened the door for tola he did not try to stop him, neither did he move from his spot. He just leaned against the wall as though waiting for an event to happen.

I had to get to a place where I won't be alone, the street will be filled with people at this time, I knew that and even the compound I stayed will be filled with people doing laundry. When I got to the door, I noticed one distinct thing, it was locked from the inside just the way I locked it earlier.

I remember that I was the one who locked the door which means when this guy came in, he did not come throught the door, he used some other means. I unlocked the door, turned the knob and opened it. I did not even look where I was going my eyes was fixed on him as I went throught the door. I passed through the door and looked to my front but instead of seeing my compound and familiar grounds, I discovered that I was somewhere else. I was standing in the small room with the reaper bent over his scrolls again. This time, I did not pass through the passway or the room with the minions, I jusy entered the room, I looked back and could not see my room anymore. Just the door that lead into this place with him there not even paying me any attention.

I tried to take some steps foward when I heard it's voice in my head

"Mortals, you claim to be strong and wise but you always make the same mistakes"

Those words of his alway hurt me. It is as thought he communicates like that on purpose.

He continued: "The last time you came here, you tried to approach me and I told you to stop but here you are again"
This time, the voice came with a lot more pain as it made my knees weak. I dropped to my feet but that did not stop his voice.

"You are a servant of balance. Your purpose is to served me and guide souls from the mortal world through the gates and that you will do"

now I used my hands to cover my ears and the same time hold my head and my head was engulfed in a splitting headache.

He continued: " I am your lord and master and I command that you be trained and be made a reaper. Do not fear the reaper in your room, he is your teacher in the tasks and duties ahead, learn from him"

With that, i fell from kneeling and rolled up into a ball on the floor.

He did not even mind me on the floor. It was as if he did not even see me.

"You will learn from him and he will teach you the ways. You can go now"
Then he added

"Watch your head"

immediately, he said I could go, I saw myself looking into the wall opposite my door as I ran into it with full force. It had to be luck that none of my neighbours saw me as I smacked my face into the concrete.

My face went numb as my heade went blank for about 5 seconds and when I regained it, I realised that I was sitting on the bare floor. I tried to get up and then the memory of where I was came to me. The Room, the Reaper and His word came to me immediately. I got on my feet, and went back into the room, to see the servant siiting on my bed and watching a music video. I took my head to my face to rub my head and he said

"you are not going to throw another ball of fire are you? Because the last time you did, it did not work out well."

I replied

"No I am not gonna attack you".
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 5:45am On Dec 09, 2012
I continued rubbing my face and I spoke a bit

"So you are supposed to be my teacher or something?"

He nodded.

"You are suppised to train me and help me build strenght?"

Again he nodded.

"And what are you training me for exactly?"

he look towards me and said

"You know the answer to that already. And the bracelet on you left hand now will be your lock."

Immediately, I felt a weight on my wrist as I noticed a silver band on it.

He spoke

"That is the source of strenght and key. Don't try to take it off as even if you can find a way to do that, it will always come back"

he now got up and walked towards me and said?

"You should find something more appropiate to wear son. This is soul reaping and I will be your teacher"

I nodded at him and started getting dressed.

Now I was dressed and ready for training so I asked him

"What so we do first teacher and what is your name?"

He gave me that smile once more and said

"well my name is Toba and the first thing we do today is Breakfast"

I was a bit disappointed but I asked

"What do you want to eat?"

He shool he head and replied

"When I mean breakfast, I don't mean food, a soul has to be reaped this morning and you are coming with me to reap that soul"
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 8:35am On Dec 09, 2012
Terrible job for a young man...
Bring it on buddy
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 8:40am On Dec 09, 2012
Lest I forget,whats up with the fear thread?
I cant comment and there are no updates
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 9:40am On Dec 09, 2012
dubem3: Lest I forget,whats up with the fear thread?
I cant comment and there are no updates
I will update it. Just click follow. You can't follow but I will move it here soon. I want it off the ground first
Re: The burning cold by IZUKWU(m): 10:12am On Dec 09, 2012
I want to reap a decent punny this morning as it is my gf is five states and five hrs away from me. Mind what do i do ?
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 10:49am On Dec 09, 2012
IZUKWU: I want to reap a decent punny this morning as it is my gf is five states and five hrs away from me. Mind what do i do ?
oh please don't attempt to derail. Cuddle is not known to be merciful
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
I will update it. Just click follow. You can't follow but I will move it here soon. I want it off the ground first

Cant even find.it again
Send me the link
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 11:56am On Dec 09, 2012
dubem3:

Cant even find.it again
Send me the link
Check my profile. Or the previous page
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2012
IZUKWU: I want to reap a decent punny this morning as it is my gf is five states and five hrs away from me. Mind what do i do ?
Lol!
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2012
I keep recalling this is only a flashback and that the best is yet to come. Good job Mynd.

*Take it easy on the typos smiley
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 11:17am On Dec 10, 2012
MAY BE THE GUY CAN ACTUALLY NOT SPELL OH
AND IS HIDING BEHIND TYPING WITH A PHONE
TO FEED US BLUNDERS...SMH
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 11:39am On Dec 10, 2012
dubem3: MAY BE THE GUY CAN ACTUALLY NOT SPELL OH
I can't spell at all.

Satisfied?
Re: The burning cold by IZUKWU(m): 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
Oh! No update yet.
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
Mynd_44:
I can't spell at all.

Satisfied?

OK don't cry yet
you can spell small
Re: The burning cold by prettiest1(f): 11:59am On Dec 11, 2012
dubem3: MAY BE THE GUY CAN ACTUALLY NOT SPELL OH

Why talking like this na? It's not always possible to write without mistakes
even when u're given a script to re-write let alone using a phone to type.
A times, it'll be others who will point out the errors. It's not really sound well to say this pls,
just keep encouraging, and appreciating him cos e no easy at all.

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by Talk2david1(m): 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
Mynd, abeg no vex,kum upd8 again,no gri mek al dz talk about spelin hinder d muvment of d ministery
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
Mynd
On behalf of prettiest1,
I encourage you to keep working at your spelling skills. Godwilling, u may soon be like some of us who are gurus and can make no mistakes grin

Your doing a great job
Keep it up
Re: The burning cold by IZUKWU(m): 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2012
IZUKWU: Oh! No update yet.
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 5:02am On Dec 12, 2012
Pretty, leave Dubem. I know where to get him. I am sorry I have not been updating. I am out of town and the power/network here is horrible. I will update soon thought.

Bear with me please
Re: The burning cold by jslimz(f): 7:39am On Dec 12, 2012
We'll surely bear with you.
But i'm really itchy wanting to know the experience of Peter in his first lesson as a reaper.
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 7:43am On Dec 12, 2012
j-slimz:
We'll surely bear with you.
But i'm really itchy wanting to know the experience of Peter in his first lesson as a reaper.
Thanks It is improving. I guess my sim was getting adjusted to this network here
Re: The burning cold by jslimz(f): 8:27am On Dec 12, 2012
Its a good thing its improving. We'll be here waiting patiently for when the update rolls in.
Mynd_44:
Thanks It is improving. I guess my sim was getting adjusted to this network here
Its a good thing its improving. We'll be here waiting for when the update rolls in
Re: The burning cold by jslimz(f): 8:28am On Dec 12, 2012
Mynd_44:
Its a good thing its improving. We'll be here waiting patiently for when the update rolls in.
Re: The burning cold by prettiest1(f): 10:06am On Dec 12, 2012
dubem3: Mynd
On behalf of prettiest1,
I encourage you to keep working at your spelling skills. Godwilling, u may soon be like some of us who are gurus and can make no mistakes grin

Your doing a great job
Keep it up

buhahahaha. Guy u're funny.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Blind Love / Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story / Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.