Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates (47761 Views)

Rivers Rerun Election: Live Result Thread / Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES / #NigeriaDecides2015: Presidential/National Assembly Election Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by charles424(m): 8:44am On Jul 15, 2012
We give thanks and praises to the most high God,for this wonderful day that the EDO people decides...and the wonderful report from the edo nairalanders,3million Gbosa for you all,especially Sijo, she is wonderful.This should be extended to other states of the federation to make sure no more mago mago,no more amala politics,no more do or die politics..peoples wish is final...UP OSHIO BABAaaaaa,UP ACN,UP EDO PEOPLE!!!UP OUR REAL AND WONDERFUL OMONOBA....I HAIL OOOOO...from OYO state
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by jude33084(m): 8:46am On Jul 15, 2012
ThanK God For todaY smiley

We went, we voted and we WoN! cool

PDP tried to buy some Votes From my Ward But theY FaileD cheesy

SONG---What shall I say unto my LORD? All I have to say is THANK YOU LORD!---SONG

And THANKs to the BRAVE Edo people who voted and protected their Votes smiley even when it was hard!

I am happy for the Change! cool cool
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Ogetogeo(m): 8:51am On Jul 15, 2012
Edo ppl have spoken.
Congrtulations the comrad gov'nor.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by bosslineage: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2012
I'm a young Nigerian currently residing in England(studying), My Dad supports PDP and in as much as everyone is bashing Tony Anenih, however I don't think this man is as bad as people paint him to be. I've met him personally and conversated with him after inviting me personally to his house in Abuja last year(when I last visited Nigeria). To me he's a good man and he has always had our state in mind only to be disappointed by likes of Lucky Igbenenion, lucky single handedly ruin Edo state as well as PDP reputation.

All the more I like Adams, no matter how much you try to hide it' but we all know deep inside us that he's a good man and he's the way forward for Edo state, I could only wish PDP had him as their candidate instead of Osunbor. (To begin with)

One important aspect of this election was how it was conducted peacefully like civilized that we are, I'm sad PDP didn't win but at thesame time I'm relief that we lost to Adams and as a result of that I'm happy still.

I hope next election PDP can put forward a better candidate, someone more competent and better than Adams, that will be a win win situation for Edo state.

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by meedx: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2012
Thanks to everyone that kept us posted.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Freiburger(m): 8:58am On Jul 15, 2012
To all my fellow Edo people out there, congratulations, you just sowed a seed for your children's chlidren this is your day.
Let the party continue

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by proudlyafrican(m): 9:00am On Jul 15, 2012
I am happy for Osho, the Edo people and the Federal Republic of Nigeria for this great victory. I sincerely wish that Nigerians come 2015 will not vote along party,religious or ethnic lines but on accountability and transparency...Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by uncleu(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2012
BigBenoski: abia is next. I'm beginning to think there's hope for nigerians afterall. . .if only we can fight, like edolites, and imolites before them.
Guy am with you on this. We don't have to wait till 2015. We can start now.Congrats to Edo people.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by PaulJohn1: 9:28am On Jul 15, 2012
gajike: I CONGRATULATE OSHIOMOLE. HIS PERFORMANCE SPEAKS FOR HIM YESTERDAY.
THIS IS NOT A VICTORY FOR ACN BUT FOR OSHIOMOLE, EVEN IF HE CONTESTED UNDER THE PLATFORM
OF SCDP THE RESULT WILL BE THE SAME. congratulations
ACN HIS FAILING US IN OSUN, UNLESS AREGBE MAKES A DRASTIC U TURN. THE MAN IS FULL OF LIES AND PROPANGANDA.

Are really in Osun? It's a surprise to me that anyone in Osun can be saying this. Or may be it's been a while you left Osun. No one in Osun would dispute is hard work, but I'm sure people are not happy with the demolition happening in the state, especially the road from Old garage @ Oshogbo to the boundary with Kwara state which is a federal road. Due to vitality of the route he had to make the construction of the road himself not waiting for the federal government.

Do you want to compare Oyinlola who was there before to Aregbe? With Aregbes present achievement, it's miles ahead of what the former administration did. Lots of people are not happy with him due to some reasons which I'll list. His a principled man who doesn't give any space for corrupt people, which result to low circulation of money in the state.
The rate @ which he's demolishing houses, banks and place of worship(churches and mosques) is too much. And it's all because these houses were built where roads should pass. Go check out what he's doing @ Ikirun, Ilesha and other towns and minor cities in the state.

I'm sure it's matter of time before people start realizing the usefulness of all those demolition. It was the same story in Lagos before people start appreciating Fasholas work. You can't make a meaninful construction in an exisiting city without bringing down some wrongly placed structure.

@topic. Congrats to Osho baba.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Pennywise(m): 9:46am On Jul 15, 2012
'Arhiavbere' to d uninformed means a 'future world to come'. In reality, unattainable.

Who bets on a man like that being state gov in today's Nigeria?
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by markdacas: 9:55am On Jul 15, 2012
Congrats to the Great People of Edo State. One Man One Vote Ideology is back!
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ayox20003: 10:03am On Jul 15, 2012
Its a stale news that [size=18pt]Adams won with 477,478 [/size] votes while [size=18pt]PDP had 144,235[/size].

Frawzey.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ayox20003: 10:23am On Jul 15, 2012
The question is where did PDP get the 144, 235 votes from?

Anyways, Adams won at alast

Frawzey
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by fistonme(m): 10:31am On Jul 15, 2012
finally, Mr. Fix it (anenhi) has been fixed and placed where he rightly belong to(a place of shame) in edo politics and that of nigeria. I just learnt a lesson that no man can be God and God can not be a man. So irrespective of the benevolence of Gods favour on us and how great this may make us be in the society, lets always know we are mere mortals enjoying the grace of God and as such strive to leave a good legacy on the marbles of public dormain and not try taking the place of God. In all ,ALL GLORY BE TO GOD. Please God amidst my fellow nairalanders today,i make this request PLEASE MAKE ME GREAT AND A PUBLIC FIGURE THAT WILL TRANFORM LIVES TO YOUR GLORY. AMEN!!! Lest i forget, congratulation my brothers in edostate,and dear nigerians for God has not forsaken us.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Zintos(m): 10:32am On Jul 15, 2012
bosslineage: I'm a young Nigerian currently residing in England(studying), My Dad supports PDP and in as much as everyone is bashing Tony Anenih, however I don't think this man is as bad as people paint him to be. I've met him personally and conversated with him after inviting me personally to his house in Abuja last year(when I last visited Nigeria). To me he's a good man and he has always had our state in mind only to be disappointed by likes of Lucky Igbenenion, lucky single handedly ruin Edo state as well as PDP reputation.

All the more I like Adams, no matter how much you try to hide it' but we all know deep inside us that he's a good man and he's the way forward for Edo state, I could only wish PDP had him as their candidate instead of Osunbor. (To begin with)

One important aspect of this election was how it was conducted peacefully like civilized that we are, I'm sad PDP didn't win but at thesame time I'm relief that we lost to Adams and as a result of that I'm happy still.

I hope next election PDP can put forward a better candidate, someone more competent and better than Adams, that will be a win win situation for Edo state.
Did any of ABACHA's family friend complain when he was in power? It s the ordinary man in the street that know what he has done not somebody dining with him.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Pennywise(m): 10:32am On Jul 15, 2012
Inspite of the close marking Pdp still managed to smuggle in over 100k votes. Imagine if this had been like any other election
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Sijo01(f): 11:10am On Jul 15, 2012
honeric01: Sijo i love you o, you too much, no worry i go come pick you up when osadebe party go set hehehehehe.

Sijo love u too o......i dey wait u &wan begin dey practise step dance wey i go tak display 4der dt day.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by mynaija123(m): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2012
Governor Adams Oshiomole has said INEC has failed. The most populated areas of Benin started voting around 3 pm.

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Sijo01(f): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2012
Oshio baba currently @d king square Benin, addressing his jubilating supporters under the rain
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Freiburger(m): 11:43am On Jul 15, 2012
^^ can you post live pictures please?
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Ojumiii(m): 11:51am On Jul 15, 2012
by 2015 PDP will be in their rightful place "museum"

1 Like

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by paradigman(m): 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2012
I followed every second of this history making victory over the red eyed godfather
Praise God. He has proved himself. E seun
Thank all edolites.
Hail Sijo, you are another Emotan.
Lesson
Nigerian, Edolites have done it in Edo, it is time to replicate the model nationwide-delta, abia to follow shar sharp.
To the Oba, you are God sent. A shinning example. A great monarch. Thank yu. I join the e-celebration and can now sleep well.
Oshio baba. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by honeric01(m): 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2012
Freiburger:
Na only this word i dey hear fo your mouth since i know you. grin

Sorry bro i no sabi write bini wella but bro i can speak to the best of my knowledge.

Born and bred in Lagos.

Ovwie edo nedo mev'kin otien. cool

1 Like

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by honeric01(m): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
Sijo01:

Sijo love u too o......i dey wait u &wan begin dey practise step dance wey i go tak display 4der dt day.

Hehehehe, na plane, jet, boat or car u want make i come with?
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by osazzz: 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2012
I am an Edolite resident in the United States.Today, i am proud to raise up my head to really
say i am a BINI man. The victory goes to every good minded people of Edo state,for the forces of good
have triumphed over the forces of darkness.I must give special kudos to Nairalanders.The platform kept
me informed piece by piece.At a point, i thought i was back home in Benin City. You guys should keep it up.
And to the three musketeers;Anenih,Ogbemudia and Igbinedion, its high time they retired or change their
perception and realign with progressive minded forces that's currently going on in the state.

1 Like

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Freiburger(m): 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2012
^^^you are welcomed
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by sunch(m): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2012
[quote author=paradigman]I followed every second of this history making victory over the red eyed godfather
Praise God. He has proved himself. E seun
Thank all edolites.
Hail Sijo, you are another Emotan.
Yes, sijo is a great bini woman, so she deserve to be conferred the title of ''PRNCESS EMOTAN'' or just ''EMOTAN''. She worked restlessly and sleeplessly on this great site.
Long Live Princess Emotan
Long Live Nairaland
Long Live Edo State
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by nuattitude74(m): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2012
Sijo01: Oshio baba currently @d king square Benin, addressing his jubilating supporters under the rain
PDP's RIGGABILITY has been demystified ! Meanwhile, Sijo, u'vben odo ne ra ? ( Roughly : Sijo,U don get husband or are u married? ) If not,can I toss my hat in the ring for ur hand in marriage ? For my mind since last nyt, I don dey picture u decked in traditional wedding ensemble with Beads etc sitting on my Papa's lap as they do in Bini land on our trado wedding day. I even dey hear the Bini women shouting: "SIWO, SIWO !!!" And singing "Vbuokhin ? "Onyemwen nor ", from there we proceed to em, em I digress. Where was I ? Oh yea, UP ACN !!!! UP OSHIO BABA !!!
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Sijo01(f): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2012
Oshio baba currently @AIT studio on live interview........I dey go houx, rain don bursh me nor b small. *shakingggg cos of cold*
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by honeric01(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
Sijo01: Oshio baba currently @AIT studio on live interview........I dey go houx, rain don bursh me nor b small. *shakingggg cos of cold*

OM4J is already there to keep you warm.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by kuntash: 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
it would be adequate to state thus that its not really about Party now, but d personality and his or her achievements.
Same would have been the case if the comrade was in SDMP or CPC for that matter.

even during d tussle in Lagos when Fashola was almost turned off, if ACN had not allowed him, that would ve been d end of ACN in lagos, perhaps they r wise in that regard.

bottom line, perform and d masses would go with you............God 4bid if Oshiomhole starts acting funny by 2morrow, he would be kicked out!

there is an adage in bini, and I quote, "a i mie no ma vbe ovbie, eyen" end of quote. ACN, PDP,CPC,AIDS,STD,SDMP,ANPP, ... just name the, Dem be d same.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun / Bishop Oyedepo At His Polling Unit (Photo) / Dino Melaye Sings, Dances & Mocks His Haters After ABU VC Confirmed He Graduated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.