Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? (1953 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / Tips To Keeping A Good African Man / You CANNOT Walk Out Of That Marriage!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by acidtalk: 9:38am On Jul 14, 2012
What is that one thing that is still keeping you in that marriage of yours even though you aren't happy? Divorce is an option but have have decided to remain emotionally traumatized.

Is it because oy your kids, family pressure, societal criticism of what?

So many people remain in marriages they are physically, emotionally and psychologically traumatised.
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2012
So many things o, u can't u/stand! Its jst not dt ez to leave lipsrsealed
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by acidtalk: 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2012
peaceheartt: So many things o, u can't u/stand! Its jst not dt ez to leave lipsrsealed

If you are married please can you give us one or two insights?
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by omosexy1: 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2012
My friend go and get married rather than making senseless post. Marriage is not an activity to seek happiness but to contribute happiness, not an institution to take but to give, not an institution to be selfish but to compromise, not an institution to blame but to agree that every mistake is a learning point, not an institution to hold grievance but to forgive and remember to err is human. And if you are not happy in your marriage do not blame only your partner but also yourself because it take 2 to be in a marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by acidtalk: 8:32pm On Jul 14, 2012
omosexy1: My friend go and get married rather than making senseless post. Marriage is not an activity to seek happiness but to contribute happiness, not an institution to take but to give, not an institution to be selfish but to compromise, not an institution to blame but to agree that every mistake is a learning point, not an institution to hold grievance but to forgive and remember to err is human. And if you are not happy in your marriage do not blame only your partner but also yourself because it take 2 to be in a marriage.

How ironic.
You being the tutor to a senseless post.
Thanks for the lecture all the same.
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by horny4u(f): 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2012
I am curious too and I donot think it is senseless. smiley
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 15, 2012
Because it is better to make up than to break up, divorce doesn't guarantee happiness either. Life is what and how you make it.
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 15, 2012
omosexy1: My friend go and get married rather than making senseless post. Marriage is not an activity to seek happiness but to contribute happiness, not an institution to take but to give, not an institution to be selfish but to compromise, not an institution to blame but to agree that every mistake is a learning point, not an institution to hold grievance but to forgive and remember to err is human. And if you are not happy in your marriage do not blame only your partner but also yourself because it take 2 to be in a marriage.

Thanks for the insight, indeed helpful for those of use who are married. however, the OP is either frustrated, non-marriageable, divorced or a phucking home-breaker.

1 Like

Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by acidtalk: 11:53am On Jul 15, 2012
991:

Thanks for the insight, indeed helpful for those of use who are married. however, the OP is either frustrated, non-marriageable, divorced or a phucking home-breaker.

You made sense in your previous post but just blew it with this comment of yours.

This thread was just to encourage those who think divorce is the only way out. At least when they read through to how people are trying to make marriages work they will also put in such work to see that theirs work as well.
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by omosexy1: 2:47pm On Jul 15, 2012
Your post was not to encourage people, but to tell them that they are stupid in their marriages, since they are not happy in it. Please read your post topic very well. Marriage is just like every other phase of life were you experience happiness, bitterness, anger, joy and blessing. I do not know why people pay too much lip service to marriage and always looking for a way out. Nothing in life comes easy, being rich doesn't come easy, also being happy doesn't come easy you have to work for it. You find people asking themselves if they have married the right person or their soulmate. When you express doubt you already give room for failure. Rather than question your own altitude, you blame your partner for your shortcomings. It is out of our selfish nature, we subscribe to divorce never wanting to make things work. Like I said previously, if your marriage is not working, blame yourself because you contributed to it too.

1 Like

Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by acidtalk: 9:42am On Jul 16, 2012
omosexy1: Your post was not to encourage people, but to tell them that they are stupid in their marriages, since they are not happy in it. Please read your post topic very well. Marriage is just like every other phase of life were you experience happiness, bitterness, anger, joy and blessing. I do not know why people pay too much lip service to marriage and always looking for a way out. Nothing in life comes easy, being rich doesn't come easy, also being happy doesn't come easy you have to work for it. You find people asking themselves if they have married the right person or their soulmate. When you express doubt you already give room for failure. Rather than question your own altitude, you blame your partner for your shortcomings. It is out of our selfish nature, we subscribe to divorce never wanting to make things work. Like I said previously, if your marriage is not working, blame yourself because you contributed to it too.

Okay sorry if the post was misunderstood.
But the intention of this thread is for people to actually share why they have decided to stick in their marriages rather than opting out.
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by acidtalk: 10:20am On Oct 23, 2012
Just heard a woman say the only reason why she is still in her marriage is to make her parents happy.
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 23, 2012
^^^^ So

Just one question . . . did anybody tell you they were giving out awards for dumb-thread-starters
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by acidtalk: 10:39am On Oct 23, 2012
Ujujoan: ^^^^ So

Just one question . . . did anybody tell you they were giving out awards for dumb-thread-starters

Is this how you go out of your way to get noticed by guys?

Now I can see why you are miserable and single. While other ladies are being chased you are the one doing the chasing is in very childish way.

I have seen you. Can you dive back into your swamp?
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 23, 2012
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 23, 2012
acidtalk:

Is this how you go out of your way to get noticed by guys?

Now I can see why you are miserable and single. While other ladies are being chased you are the one doing the chasing is in very childish way.

I have seen you. Can you dive back into your swamp?

Okay, I will . . . ASA you promise to stop with these dustbin material topics! cool cool
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 23, 2012
I see... no wonder she roams about town?..Lobatan!
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by acidtalk: 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2012
jidegirl12: I see... no wonder she roams about town?..Lobatan!

Na real kolo babe.
Wonder why they haven't gone to dump her yet at the psychiatric home.
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by EfemenaXY: 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
991:

Damn!! grin grin grin grin

@Poster - The power of free kpekusing every night keeps body and soul together in "that marriage".
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by Lyth: 12:08am On Oct 24, 2012
horny4u: I am curious too and I donot think it is senseless. smiley

See no gain in a lady(single/married) twitchin ears towards stories of loveless/broken marraiges cos d dirt will stick in ur ear n mind n cld attract such a fate to u ...best u lend ur ears 2 tales of Happy marraiges n work on gettin d "Happy" recipe frm em. #see no evil-hear no evil-do no evil ....n curiousity killed d cat mind u.
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2012
many nairalanders are so funny and fond of turning everything to a joking matter.anyway dat aside.women are d greatest self liars.they will lie to everyone around dem and dey will even lie to demselves just to kip being mrs james or mrs adeyemi.shebi d common excuse women give to stay in a failed marriage or a marriage filled with violence and assault is its because of my children,ehen pikin don grow,all of dem don comot house,some don dey live for anoda state,country etc,commot for d marriage na,sebi u say because of ur pikin,now all of dem don mature,dem don be adults,oya find anoda excuse.am a lady and i know how all dis things go,d only reason a woman will stay in a marriage despite d degrading situation dey experience is because of PHENEES but dey will neva own up.make una dey deceive una sef say na pikin o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy until u die inside d marriage tongue tongue tongue tongue make una no learn to use ur number 6 wen it comes to man matter abi marriage
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by acidtalk: 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
True talk.
Women will always try and give one excuse or the other why they need to remain in that marriage.
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by Airpure(f): 11:41am On Oct 26, 2012
Whoa its always so funny to understand how people reason. When i saw the topic it sounded interesting and i felt it will be educative to some folks.which it would ve been if some people didn't start condemning it.People r too angry and frustrated these days that even a simple harmless topic can lead to insults.people need to stop seeing the negative be4 d positive@ poster the topic makes sense n it will help people realize if u get honest answers that Divorce is not always the answer or vice versa.Thumbs up.
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by acidtalk: 11:54am On Oct 26, 2012
^^^
Truth be told, ALL those who condemned this thread don't have problem with the topic but rather with the messanger.

You find them trying to derail every single thread of mine. They are just too envious of the messanger and will do anythingto derail and render useless all my threads but the fact is they always get disgraced at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by EfemenaXY: 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
^^ Or maybe, just maybe, the respondents here think you're trying to make light of a serious issue.

There is a thread which more than answers the questions you ask, which was opened by Jenny.

Feel free to drop by and have a read of people's real life experiences.

https://www.nairaland.com/1084309/debrief-cotton101-those-came-out
Re: Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? by acidtalk: 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
Well, maybe....

(1) (Reply)

HEART BREAKING: A Cambodian Boy Living By Suckling Neighbor's Cow After Parents / Why Freeman Committed The Unspeakable / Help The Girl I Love Is Bi-sexual.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.