Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? (13343 Views)

More Pressure On Economy As Online Job Application Declines Over 46% / 5 Reasons Why Online Job Search Is A Waste Of Time / Access Bank 10 Minutes Per Day Job Application (share Your Experiences So Far) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by abdulkayus(m): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2012
Disadvantage Of Online Application Of Job

Yeah, a close friend told me applying for job online is a waste of time, that many job seekers usually submit their CV in person, and knowing that there are always lot of applicants that submit their hard copy CV, companies dont usually bother to check their online applicants, pls how true is this assertion. Your contributions may help a soul.

1 Like

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by yomiccom(m): 10:25am On Jul 14, 2012
All I know is that getting job by applying online only give about 28% assurance of getting job in Nigeria. So any serious job seekers must use other means like: newspaper job ads, cover letter submission to companies, etc
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by abdulkayus(m): 11:22am On Jul 14, 2012
So u mean most companies are nt that serious wit online applicants. Then why do they always post jobs online?

1 Like

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by abdulkayus(m): 11:24am On Jul 14, 2012
And even some newspaper ad refers you to submit CV via their email, what about that also?
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Charlynaira: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2012
All I know is that it depends on d establishments. Sm don't even accept hard copy cv. For example, first bank and others wil always tel u to apply on line.

2 Likes

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by abdulkayus(m): 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2012
Charlynaira: All I know is that it depends on d establishments. Sm don't even accept hard copy cv. For example, first bank and others wil always tel u to apply on line.

hmmmm, impressive, am learning something here
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Coolturbo(m): 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2012
Pls, ow can I create a post on Nairaland.pls help me.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by miteolu(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
I love person to person application.
I love one on one application
I love man knows man application
I love job without stress of deceiving on line or off line application

3 Likes

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by joskin: 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2012
Coolturbo: Pls, ow can I create a post on Nairaland.pls help me.

Click any of the dash boards and scroll down to create new topic. E.g click politic & scroll down to CREATE new topic.

Note: POST REASONABLE NOT A MUST TO POST or REPLY.

1 Like

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by crackhouse(m): 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2012
Coolturbo: Pls, ow can I create a post on Nairaland.pls help me.
create a post on what?
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by alienware(m): 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2012
i finished my nysc june i4th, i have applied for over 60 jobs online,abt 16 sent me a message that i should come fot interview, i google all of them 4 was a scam according to peoples experience in online forums such as this. The rest i ignored them i didnt go for any because i was at abuja & was making some money online.my house at abuja was marked for demolition so i had to run b4 the buldozer comes, now am in lagos none wants to call me anymore, what do i do house ? angry embarassed
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2012
It depends on the establishment,firm or company.e.g banks and telecomm firms prefer online.also big companies dat have gone intercontinental prefer online. But application 4 teaching,lecturing and most civil services must be offline 4 u 2 b considered

1 Like

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by mrkels(m): 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2012
Depends on the Company. If its a large company, then online application may not actually be a waste of time because they have a large number of persons in their Hr Department who would go through almost every Cv, also the application would not be the ''send to mailbox but details about you would be requested to be filled in the form they would provide you online, if you see this type of application,chances are high that you would be called if you satisfy the requirments. But smaller companies that tell you to send your Cv to a mail or sometimes free emails like gmail.com or yahoo.com is just another waste of internet data and your precious time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by miteolu(m): 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2012
alienware: .my house at abuja was marked for demolition so i had to run b4 the buldozer comes, now am in lagos. angry embarassed

Are you expecting demolition in Lagos again?
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by alienware(m): 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2012
miteolu:

Are expecting demolition in Lagos again?
no ! i have this feeling that am save. wink
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Joey82(m): 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2012
there are hardly any jobs u can get by submitting hard copies these days.
i'm working for the third company in 5yrs and i got all the jobs by applying online.
keep submitting hard copies until one day u'll buy akara and it will be tied with ur cv back to u.
Most jobs u'll get on merit will be through online app.

7 Likes

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by KYO1: 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2012
gettin online job is real,i got my present job online.Applied, was cald 4interview and today i am working and the pay is good.so guys dont loose fait kip aplyn

1 Like

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by kelvincoll(m): 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2012
abdulkayus: And even some newspaper ad refers you to submit CV via their email, what about that also?

I wouldnt rule out the idea but i know now adays chances of securing a job via online application are few, I had a sting wit a company sometime back, were various vacancies where advertised and applicant are to send CV to ma boss email addy. After a long day of meetings and wateva it is he does, he checks his email (probably expecting a biz proposal, a big contract reply or something) and finds over 200 emails applying for the job. All he does is call on me and tells me to empty his inbox sad sad sad sad. Most guys who re shortlisted re those who probably submitted by hand. Even at that Online application still works so dont be discouraged afterall what do u have to lose? It's well wink wink wink
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Tyche(m): 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2012
WASTE OF TIME IS
1. Applying for any and every job online. Narrow your search.
2. Applying for a job that you did not meet their minimum requirement.

1 Like

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Kockane(m): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2012
No, its not a waste of time. Before my current job, I had an offer in sum healthcare firm in lag, wich I eventually declined cuz I didn't feel d pay was worth it. Dis was a position I didn't even apply for. Dey just went thru d database of one of d many recruitment agencies I submitted my cv to and dey gave me a call. And no, it was an international company, just an upcoming firm. So guys, keep applyin, it is well. It wouldn't hurt to diversift though, a lil online application, a lil hand to hand... Bless. smiley
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by KayDee4: 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
[size=13pt]If its an advertised position and you are required to submit your CV online, then you should. Unsolicited online applications are okay too, it doesn't cost money so there's no harm in trying. However, if you want to get aggressive, you can decide to call and schedule an appointment with someone in charge, you must be adept in the prospective profession or position to try this.[/size]

Tyche: WASTE OF TIME IS
1. Applying for any and every job online. Narrow your search.
2. Applying for a job that you did not meet their minimum requirement.
[size=13pt] There's nothing wrong with casting your net far and wide. [/size]
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by nwaire: 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2012
Which way Nigeria, wat do we do dat will be right in Employers eyes, u can Imagine empty my box
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2012
get an etisalat line. Text 'yes' to 38051 to suscribe to jobs via text. You will thank me later.All those jobs you will never see anywhere with their deadline or fastest alert before going online or viral,so not to worry about all those web portals. But only 5naira per text deduction which shld not bother you anyway.

1 Like

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by aniyphil: 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2012
abdulkayus: And even some newspaper ad refers you to submit CV via their email, what about that also?

I presently work with the CEO of one of the biggest automobile companies in Nigeria ( I hold a good position too) . . .and yes, it was advertised in The Guardian . . .and yes again, I submitted my CV via e-mail . . .so who says that newspaper ads or online applications are a waste of time??
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by 3rdparty: 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2012
online job applications are attended to.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by erimma86(f): 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2012
hi guys ,online application is very cool,my third job im presently now is online,i never applied but my resume was googled out,i advise u if ur a professional,please register ur gmail account and register and upload ur cv in google documents,then ur resume goes world wide, tuesday guardian, cool but when ur resume is online its the best,presently im in southafrica,as i go dis job ,men just in the office a foregn number called me,is that ??,i said yes,went to dr vi office was a forum interview neva took it serious,three days later,gbam,na dr i dey now,online is cool ,nevr keep up,mmy sent box is almost thousand plus,the fun of online job is ,it nevr costs u any thing,when u apply for 50 jobs with 100 naira stamp,hmmm u go knw online application sweet,even with ur fone fone u go hammer,cheers all it go bettr but na with time

2 Likes

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by tpapi: 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2012
Biggest lie of d month of july
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by tinadtreasure: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
alienware: no ! i have this feeling that am save. wink
[color=#006600][/color]
Joey82: there are hardly any jobs u can get by submitting hard copies these days.
i'm working for the third company in 5yrs and i got all the jobs by applying online.
keep submitting hard copies until one day u'll buy akara and it will be tied with ur cv back to u.
[s]
Joey82: there are hardly any jobs u can get by submitting hard copies these days.
[/s]
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by abdulkayus(m): 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2012
Ope oooooooo, first tym my topic got to front page. Back to business, am really impress wit d contributin from every1, it really boost my morale to continue applyin online and i have also consider submittin my hard copy CV also in some cases.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2012
It's not a waste of time.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by ab1x: 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
Online application is a total rubbish. Companies only display job vacant online just for displaying sake so as to make it look like they are performing their social responsibilities. It is all a crap really.

2 Likes

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by MLS12(f): 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2012
abdulkayus: Disadvantage Of Online Application Of Job

Yeah, a close friend told me applying for job online is a waste of time, that many job seekers usually submit their CV in person, and knowing that there are always lot of applicants that submit their hard copy CV, companies dont usually bother to check their online applicants, pls how true is this assertion. Your contributions may help a soul.

Online is not a waste of time,my hubby is a mechanical engineer who got a job online.a very good job in Norway,oil comPany 2 be precise.d company its Subsea7,u can check dem online.and d pay is so fantastic.and relocation wit family is inclusive.d visa and everytin was taken care by dem.so wat am I saying?it has worked for a lot of pple around mi although it still depends on ur years of eXperience and if ur Cv is pretty attractive.so dnt be discouraged,as far as u re good in ur field.I ve sum Good sites where U can register Ur CV.what did U study?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaiden Energy Fresh Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Nestle Aptitude Test-dragnet / Special Appeal To All Employers Of Labour And HR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.