Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,052 members, 7,818,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? (13346 Views)

More Pressure On Economy As Online Job Application Declines Over 46% / 5 Reasons Why Online Job Search Is A Waste Of Time / Access Bank 10 Minutes Per Day Job Application (share Your Experiences So Far) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by abdulkayus(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
MLS12: .

Online is not a waste of time,my hubby is a mechanical engineer who got a job online.a very good job in Norway,oil comPany 2 be precise.d company its Subsea7,u can check dem online.and d pay is so fantastic.and relocation wit family is inclusive.d visa and everytin was taken care by dem.so wat am I saying?it has worked for a lot of pple around mi although it still depends on ur years of eXperience and if ur Cv is pretty attractive.so dnt be discouraged,as far as u re good in ur field.I ve sum Good sites where U can register Ur CV.what did U study?

I study computer engineering wit 2.2, and jus finish my NYSC last month, pls help a brother out.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Felzzz: 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
Kockane: No, its not a waste of time. Before my current job, I had an offer in sum healthcare firm in lag, wich I eventually declined cuz I didn't feel d pay was worth it. Dis was a position I didn't even apply for. Dey just went thru d database of one of d many recruitment agencies I submitted my cv to and dey gave me a call. And no, it was an international company, just an upcoming firm. So guys, keep applyin, it is well. It wouldn't hurt to diversift though, a lil online application, a lil hand to hand... Bless. smiley

Guess u work wt GTB. I just did documentation last week. Can u gv me hints 4 the interview? Thanks.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by ayoafod: 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2012
i study accounting&registered accountant by(ICAN)Thanks bro
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by yommy2sure(m): 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2012
ab1x: Online application is a total rubbish. Companies only display job vacant online just for displaying sake so as to make it look like they are performing their social responsibilities. It is all a crap really.
ok, even after so many ppls posts that they got good jobs through online submission, u still dont believe...if u r an applicant, dnt do the online thing evn if u r instructed to, insist you want to drop ur cv on the c.e.o or manager's pillow!

1 Like

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by princedant: 8:54pm On Jul 14, 2012
Bros, its not a waste of time...i got a well paid job with an airline when i applied online...i never knew a single soul in that airline...It takes a lot of patience, keep sending & someday God the almighty father will shower u with his blessing....
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Afroprince(m): 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
Online Application is not a waste of time at all!!! I have worked in 6 establishments through out my career and 4 out of the 6 were made possible via online application and those were the best paying jobs i have ever had. Presently, I am an Area Manager for a company and i got this same job online. Online applications may take a very longtime to come through, so please do not always expect to be called ASAP. Example...I applied for the job i am doing presently in 2006 and i attended interview sometime in 2009 and eventually started the job in 2010. I am a living testimony of getting a job online, i never knew anyone, i had no God-Father anywhere i solely relied on the internet for jobs and Thank God it happened for me. My secret was persistence...i applied up to 3 to 5 jobs a day via online! As long as i felt i had a skill that could tackle the job...I applied not minding what i studied in school! so my dear peeps...fire-on your applications online and don't allow anyone to deceive you.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by sallioats(f): 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2012
Guys thanks for ur motivations..av been applyin online for some tym now though i left nysc last month and i don't want to feel unemployment frustration.i now hav hope
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by ojochidem(m): 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2012
You can get jobs ONLINE. If you have 2.1 or First class you are at advantage. I got my present job through online application while i was even serving and have also been called for several other openings i applied for. Just keep applying and make sure CV is well tailored towards the jobs you are applying for. GOODLUCK!!!!!
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by FriendMark(m): 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2012
Kay-Dee:
[size=13pt]There's nothing wrong with casting your net far and wide. [/size]

There is. It is a WASTE OF TIME!
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Santi222(m): 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2012
4bobo: get an etisalat line. Text 'yes' to 38051 to suscribe to jobs via text. You will thank me later.All those jobs you will never see anywhere with their deadline or fastest alert before going online or viral,so not to worry about all those web portals. But only 5naira per text deduction which shld not bother you anyway.
very true.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by FriendMark(m): 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2012
I don't think it'll be fair enough to give your question a direct answer. Generally, online job applications are not a waste of time but some companies don't consider/review their online job app. database. Yet still, you shouldn't give up on it. Stay blessed.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by totorimi: 11:45pm On Jul 14, 2012
in Nigeria trust me it is a big resounding waste of time. All those applying online do not know anybody so they cant get a job except God intervenes in their case.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by stupor(m): 11:45pm On Jul 14, 2012
To be truthful most times
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by mrperfect(m): 11:46pm On Jul 14, 2012
People get jobs online regularly.

1 Like

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by alarm4: 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
I have been applying online since i had nevr seen any reply..especaily on Jobsite.com.mostly UK london...after submiting CV on the net what i see is eihter they are asking that the applicant most have permission work permit ...which i dnt understand those that mean sm1 in nja cant apply job without WKP to UK....
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Rocktation(f): 12:02am On Jul 15, 2012
If I told you that I don't know a single educated person around me right now, that did not get their present job via an on-line application, you'd think me a liar.

2 Likes

Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by kayode2: 2:24am On Jul 15, 2012
abdulkayus: Disadvantage Of Online Application Of Job

Yeah, a close friend told me applying for job online is a waste of time, that many job seekers usually submit their CV in person, and knowing that there are always lot of applicants that submit their hard copy CV, companies dont usually bother to check their online applicants, pls how true is this assertion. Your contributions may help a soul.

On line application is your best option to apply for jobs these days, it provides the best opportunity to get a job without much stress of submitting your personaly. Serious organisations will call u for interview if you meet their requirements.it is better n cheaper and with more assurance
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by KayDee4: 2:51am On Jul 15, 2012
FriendMark: There is. It is a WASTE OF TIME!
FriendMark: I don't think it'll be fair enough to give your question a direct answer. Generally, online job applications are not a waste of time but some companies don't consider/review their online job app. database. Yet still, you shouldn't give up on it. Stay blessed.

[size=13pt]Have you made up your mind ? undecided undecided [/size]
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Michaelmogu(m): 7:09am On Jul 15, 2012
Kockane: No, its not a waste of time. Before my current job, I had an offer in sum healthcare firm in lag, wich I eventually declined cuz I didn't feel d pay was worth it. Dis was a position I didn't even apply for. Dey just went thru d database of one of d many recruitment agencies I submitted my cv to and dey gave me a call. And no, it was an international company, just an upcoming firm. So guys, keep applyin, it is well. It wouldn't hurt to diversift though, a lil online application, a lil hand to hand... Bless. smiley
abeg where are these agencies and how do i submit my cv to them too. Pls write me on. michaelmogu@yahoo.com
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 15, 2012
If u have godfathers online application is a crap for u but if u have God of the universe online application is mostly God can work the miracle in ur life because u know nobody but him
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Ovap: 7:36am On Jul 15, 2012
@ MLS12,please can u give a helpin hand, i studied Mechanical Engineering bt no field experience
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by 10over101: 7:50am On Jul 15, 2012

Online is not a waste of time,my hubby is a mechanical engineer who got a job online.a very good job in Norway,oil comPany 2 be precise.d company its Subsea7,u can check dem online.and d pay is so fantastic.and relocation wit family is inclusive.d visa and everytin was taken care by dem.so wat am I saying?it has worked for a lot of pple around mi although it still depends on ur years of eXperience and if ur Cv is pretty attractive.so dnt be discouraged,as far as u re good in ur field.I ve sum Good sites where U can register Ur CV.what did U study?
..Nice one from u..do they have a branch of their operations here in naiaj, wat about d interview
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by vb0mb(m): 8:53am On Jul 15, 2012
It will be okay if we narrow this topic to Nigeria. Most post are talking about western countries where getting a job via online is feasible.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by MLS12(f): 9:28am On Jul 15, 2012
10 over 10: ..Nice one from u..do they have a branch of their operations here in naiaj, wat about d interview

Yeah dey ve a branch in lagos,ikoyi.d interview was done thru skype
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by MLS12(f): 9:29am On Jul 15, 2012
vb0mb: It will be okay if we narrow this topic to Nigeria. Most post are talking about western countries where getting a job via online is feasible.

Even in naija most of my hubby's friends got deir job online.dey wrk in portharcourt.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by oladayo042: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=13pt]Have you made up your mind ? undecided undecided [/size]
OMG! Why quote him out of context? If you care to read his first comment, he said applying for all and every job online (or 'casting your net wide') is a waste of time not online application in itself. Please go over it again.

@post
Online application is the future.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by MLS12(f): 9:48am On Jul 15, 2012
abdulkayus:

I study computer engineering wit 2.2, and jus finish my NYSC last month, pls help a brother out.

Ok BrB
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by Insanity(m): 1:05pm On Jul 15, 2012

That's great. Subsea7 is a very good MNC..which site did he submit his resume at? Rigzone? Oilcareers? Oilgrads? I have my resume in those sites though am just a fresh graduate with little or no experience in the oil industry. Am still hoping to hear from one those companies one day, but for now, i want to pay for my resume to be appraised, i guess the possibility of them calling me will increase if my little experience is been showcased in a professional format. Please , help me with any other site u feel has a good recruiter/jobseeker networking ratio.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by amtheone(m): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2012
I wonder why people would give such a misleading information. It is wrong to use a single scenario to generalize the whole system.

Online submission of application is not and will never be a waste of time. Both works.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by saintgwizard(m): 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2012
Joey82: there are hardly any jobs u can get by submitting hard copies these days.
i'm working for the third company in 5yrs and i got all the jobs by applying online.
keep submitting hard copies until one day u'll buy akara and it will be tied with ur cv back to u.
Most jobs u'll get on merit will be through online app.

Very correct! Like the akara wraped with your cv line.
Re: Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? by saintgwizard(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
ab1x: Online application is a total rubbish. Companies only display job vacant online just for displaying sake so as to make it look like they are performing their social responsibilities. It is all a crap really.

Say what you know and stop poisioning people's mind with your unpalatable experiences. If your are in search of a big job (I mean big job), online application is the only way, but if you are ok with peanut jobs, hard copy CV will do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agro-park Development Company Limited Is A Scam!!! / How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? / Vacancy In Nigerians At Action Against Hunger (NGO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.