Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League (11228 Views)

Usain "Lightning" Bolt Wins 100m Final / 2014 Commonwealth Games Schedule: Okagbare Wins 100m Gold / Okagbare Wins 200M In London Diamond League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by norrisman: 9:29am On Jul 15, 2012
matify: Good for her but i hope she doesn't burn out when she needs to repeat same feat at the olympics for 9ja. That timing should be an African record i guess?

At all. I watched the semi finals and she came second behind Jeter and she ran sub 11 seconds, 10.99 I think. it was infact her personal best (PB) and she let out a loud shriek when she found out. I didnt watch the final and I am suprised she was faster than the Jamaican and American, there was another Nigerian in the semi final but she was representing Norway though. I no blame am.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by sylve11: 9:29am On Jul 15, 2012
Onasa22: Congrat Baby girl! Delta no dey carry last.

i tell ya! cool

well done Blessing Okagbare! well done! cool
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by Chinom(m): 10:33am On Jul 15, 2012
Look at the size of her !!. She looks like a female version of Usain Bolt. Congrats, my girl. Do exactly the same at the Olmpics.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by Fogman(m): 10:53am On Jul 15, 2012
Our strongest prospect for gold!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by Samasama: 11:10am On Jul 15, 2012
Congrats Blessing. For me winning d finals was good but she also set a new personal best of 10.99sec in d heats to put her in the ranks of Chioma Ajunwa, Gloria Alozie and oludamola osayomi who have broken 10sec its a good thing even considering the opposition she had. I hope she can run faster at the olympics . Am prayin 4 u Blessing God b with u.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by ayusco: 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2012
Great one blessingsmiley happy bout her doin sub 11 second as per funding I know nike and first bank are backing her so hopefully finances won't b a hindrance. Like someone mentioned hope she doesn't suffer frm burnout @ the main event(olympics). Can she win a medal? Well let her get to the final first frm there anythings possible. Let's just do our own part by supporting and encouraging her. Plus prayers
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2012
Ninilowo: Hope she will not switch allegiance like OBIKWELU.
& later join d British Navy like Fasuba.
Anyway 2 my comment; Congrats B. Okagbare.
Thank God a goodnews s coming out of Nigeria. Ds ll relieve my eye & ear 4rm pepper cos of d bad news of 'Jos Killing & Petrol Tanker-Fire Burn of PH' dat I v bn hearing since last wk.
Wat a good 1 2 start a nu wk.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by Litmus: 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2012
For the first time Okagbare ran under 11 sec, this was in the preliminaries. In the finals she won in a slower time ( 11.13 sec) and because Jamaican, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce stumbled out of the blocks. At the Olympics, Okagbare will have to qualify through the heats, which are debilitating and beat medal favourites, Shelly-Ann Fraser , Carmelita Jeter and the Ivory Coast girl. Okagbare has a lot of talent and her height is an advantage, she would need to run under 11 sec again and believe in herself to stand a chance of winning or placing in the medals.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by buffny: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2012
good for her. she has improved a lot. she used to suck real bad just a few months ago.

she is now winning races at the top level.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by rume(m): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2012
Litmus: For the first time Okagbare ran under 11 sec, this was in the preliminaries. In the finals she won in a slower time ( 11.13 sec) and because Jamaican, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce stumbled out of the blocks. At the Olympics, Okagbare will have to qualify through the heats, which are debilitating and beat medal favourites, Shelly-Ann Fraser , Carmelita Jeter and the Ivory Coast girl. Okagbare has a lot of talent and her height is an advantage, she would need to run under 11 sec again and believe in herself to stand a chance of winning or placing in the medals.

11.01 NOT 11.13 secs...
Considering she made the finals at the world championships in Daegu, it is likely she will make it through the rounds at the olympics. Nonetheless, anything can happen at the olympics. She's run 10.9s before but with trailing winds.

buffny: good for her. she has improved a lot. she used to suck real bad just a few months ago.

she is now winning races at the top level.

err, she didn't suck. She's been running the 200m AND improving her endurance so her start was not as sharp, hence the very recent 100m times of high 11.2s/low 11.1s and the upset at the African Championships.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by ortopazz(m): 10:26am On Jul 16, 2012
seriously rooting for her, abeg o where fasuba again! Has he forgotten how to run?

Hope she makes me proud this okagbere chic, she does her stuff abroad,hoping for gr8 thangs.,
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by rume(m): 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
....AND SHE DOES IT AGAIN.
She wins in Monaco with a PB, 10.96. woop woop!
New coach, good changes!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 21, 2012
Our beautiful Blessing.

The best looking top female sprinter in Nigerian history. wink

Blessing Okagbare
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by chic2pimp(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
Or May Be Not

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by rume(m): 2:00pm On Jul 22, 2012
chic2pimp: Or May Be Not

yawn
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by cap28: 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2012
she's a brilliant sprinter - gave carmelita Jeter (the world's fastest female sprinter) a hard time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8C4tjPhauA
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by cap28: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
chic2pimp: Or May Be Not

as if any female member of your family reach to kiss this girl's feet - anuohia!

ugly negroes like you are the type who criticise our women, but have no qualms about marrying left over whi.te hoes with 5 kids from 5 different black men that no white man would dream of touching with a ten foot barge pole
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League by chic2pimp(m): 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
cap28:

as if any female member of your family reach to kiss this girl's feet - anuohia!

And how does this affect the price of your mother's and other female relative's punny in the market ehn Ewu Ara?

cap28:

ugly negroes like you are the type who criticise our women, but have no qualms about marrying left over whi.te hoes with 5 kids from 5 different black men that no white man would dream of touching with a ten foot barge pole

Look product of an incestial relationship chatting poppycocks. The Asylum is where your Ilks truly belong.
Your father would have done well if he was a quarter as handsome as my toenail.

Now run along Lil Muppet and stop blaming the whiteman for all of your life's failures.
I know the truth hurts but hey it has to be said. Now read my lips, Your BLACK PARENTS are to be blamed for the wretched existence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini / Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer / PSG Crash Out Of French Cup To Nice On Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.