Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

D’banj – Oyato - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D’banj – Oyato (25468 Views)

Video: Lets Get This Party STARted - Wizkid, D’Banj, M.I, 2face, Tiwa Savage / Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj / D’banj’s New Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’banj – Oyato by amosy007: 10:50am On Jul 15, 2012
revomind: I'll be real with y'all.

This is Dbanj. Hated and regarded as 'talentless'. We're on the sixth page analysing what he referred to as his first African single. You can make of that whatever you will.

Dbanj's tracks have always been so-so (even though many were phat party tunes). Dbanj was at the height of his powers in the superb (in that sense) Entertainer album and in the Mo' hits compilation album. From there on, his tunes have been sluggish and have even deteriorated from the not-so-great standards he set for himself. It is hypocritical to call this 'Oyato' jam wack and then praise 'Oliver Twist' and 'Mr Endowed'. I'm yet to get over the horror of those songs and to be honest, for the first time since he dropped 'Rundown : Funk You Up', I wasn't looking forward to any of his jams. I thought Don Jazzy and Dbanj had gotten too complacent and what's more the running of the label appeared shoddy to me, there was some sort of rotation which meant the quite talented Wande Coal and the commercial monster Dbanj had to wait for the mediocre DPrince and Dr Sid to drop their own solo joints. But I digress.

The truth is 'Oyato' in consideration of Dbanj's limited lyrical ability is a better joint that his last two major singles I mentioned above. The lyrics made more sense even though I sense he threw some cheap shots at his erstwhile partners and friends. That's understandable though . So if you are so willing to condemn this considerably better effort, we need to know why. You were dickriding the whole mo' hits crew when it was only wande coming close to lyrical maturity. So what changed?

Hate?

Envy?

Ethnic sentiments?

Dbanj will never be a lyrical powerhouse. As long as he stands, only one thing will be expected from him. Make the club move and entertain. I fail to see how this track wouldn't do that.

Big ups to j-sleek, an under-rated producer in my own books. He's been doing some great work with 2face over the years. With another big-name client like this, his stock just has to rise.

nice one cool
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 10:51am On Jul 15, 2012
If u were not told, U'd have thought Don j did this joint!
Re: D’banj – Oyato by freecocoa(f): 10:54am On Jul 15, 2012
ayox20003:

I guess u're listening through a palito.

Dont worry when u start hearing it all around, u'd be munching it in ur dreams....

For Chrissake, if he had done this song in on Don J's LP would u be saying this...This song slaughtered Oliver twist.

Without talking about girls, fame and money...he gave a real tight joint.

Frawzey.
I don't even have time to argue,just what is good about the song?

Granted the beat try small but wtf is that song all about? It can only be good for a funeral or yoruba movie soundtrack,its nonsense to me.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 10:55am On Jul 15, 2012
freecocoa: I don't even have time to argue,just what is good about the song?

Granted the beat try small but wtf is that song all about? It can only be good for a funeral or yoruba movie soundtrack,its nonsense to me.

Are u a fan of Afrobeat?

Are u yoruba?

If No...I reserve my comments.

Frawzey.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by freecocoa(f): 10:57am On Jul 15, 2012
ayox20003:

Are u a fan of Afrobeat?

Are u yoruba?

Frawzey.
So the song is for only yoruba people or what?
Re: D’banj – Oyato by mikuz(m): 11:04am On Jul 15, 2012
freecocoa: So the song is for only yoruba people or what?

or an afrobeat fan.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Smartdoy(m): 11:06am On Jul 15, 2012
I wasted 3.2 megabyte! Crying
Re: D’banj – Oyato by amosy007: 11:06am On Jul 15, 2012
mykali:

LOOK AT THIS EEDIOT TRYING TO MAKE SENSE. I FEEL LIKE CAPS LOCKING YOU TO DEATH!!!
do i have to exchange words with u? Definately NO am too mature to be exchanging words with kids... I will just let u wallow in ur stupidity while I sing more dbanj oyato...

Oto laye e..

Go and re unite with ur family with history of sucide bombing!
cheesy cheesy grin tongue
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Revolva(m): 11:17am On Jul 15, 2012
ayox20003:

Are u a fan of Afrobeat?

Are u yoruba?

Frawzey.

So if person no be yoruba person no fit listen to the song and draw conclusion even the yoruba he spoke in the song is not a deep one, afrobeat is more in pidgin bro fela seldom uses too much yoruba in his song even femi and seun kuti ok stop tribalising songs ok go write urs
Re: D’banj – Oyato by LesbianBoy(m): 11:19am On Jul 15, 2012
mykali: HOW CAN NIGERIANS BE THIS GULLIBLE
did y'all listen to that INTRO at all before you say he mentioned Jazzy there??

"hmm, i'm DBANj...or SKIBANJ like my Jamaican friends call me. INCASE YOU TRY TO FORGET!!!"

i've been seeing the FUCKERY y'all have been posting since and my skin has been crawling. THE F[b]UC[/b]K!!!

as for that F[i]O[/i]OL saying its Igbos that are hating on the song, just DIE and save this world from your MISERABLE EXISTENCE.
After reading this your post, am relieved that some people still hav e ears and use it very well! Can you imagine them saying, he said ''jazzy forget''?!!!!! No be only ''jazzy forget'' na ''jazzy forgotten'' grin grin grin grin
Re: D’banj – Oyato by nolongtin(m): 11:25am On Jul 15, 2012
revomind: I'll be real with y'all.

This is Dbanj. Hated and regarded as 'talentless'. We're on the sixth page analysing what he referred to as his first African single. You can make of that whatever you will.

Dbanj's tracks have always been so-so (even though many were phat party tunes). Dbanj was at the height of his powers in the superb (in that sense) Entertainer album and in the Mo' hits compilation album. From there on, his tunes have been sluggish and have even deteriorated from the not-so-great standards he set for himself. It is hypocritical to call this 'Oyato' jam wack and then praise 'Oliver Twist' and 'Mr Endowed'. I'm yet to get over the horror of those songs and to be honest, for the first time since he dropped 'Rundown : Funk You Up', I wasn't looking forward to any of his jams. I thought Don Jazzy and Dbanj had gotten too complacent and what's more the running of the label appeared shoddy to me, there was some sort of rotation which meant the quite talented Wande Coal and the commercial monster Dbanj had to wait for the mediocre DPrince and Dr Sid to drop their own solo joints. But I digress.

The truth is 'Oyato' in consideration of Dbanj's limited lyrical ability is a better joint that his last two major singles I mentioned above. The lyrics made more sense even though I sense he threw some cheap shots at his erstwhile partners and friends. That's understandable though . So if you are so willing to condemn this considerably better effort, we need to know why. You were dickriding the whole mo' hits crew when it was only wande coming close to lyrical maturity. So what changed?

Hate?

Envy?

Ethnic sentiments?

Dbanj will never be a lyrical powerhouse. As long as he stands, only one thing will be expected from him. Make the club move and entertain. I fail to see how this track wouldn't do that.

Big ups to j-sleek, an under-rated producer in my own books. He's been doing some great work with 2face over the years. With another big-name client like this, his stock just has to rise.
SO ON POINT.+1000
Re: D’banj – Oyato by acidtalk: 11:26am On Jul 15, 2012
Now i am neither a Dbanj nor Don Jazzy supporter.
i want to spit out the truth without sentiments like my name suggest.

*The beats (production)of this song is world class. Kanye, jazzy and other big stars will flow well on that beat.

*The intro was very usual. the regular predictable 'i am dbanj and skibanj lke my jamiacan friend's call me".

*The lyrics was more of a below average thing. More energy should have been put in creativity of good lyrics rather than a diss line.

* The song was so short, it actually sound like a 1minute JEDIJEDI medicine advert on a radio station.

* It has been fully confirmed that Don Jazzy doesnt only Produce for dbanj but he also WRITES songs for him.

MY VERDICT.

* J Sleek has prove a point and has added another feather to his cap has the production as definitely won him big production deals.
* Dbanj should please move on as other MARVIN crew have done. This people never even sing or talk like dbanj ever existed.
*It has been confirmed dbanj is not only Arrogant, but also petty and quarelsome.
*Yes! the song will be played on radio and in clubs reason being that the beat is world class and also nigerians will dance to even the most idiotic songs put on a beat.
*This song can NEVER fly outside the shores of Nigeria. foreigners will doubt if the oliver twist crooner actually sang such nonsense.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THIS SONG IS A TOTAL FAILURE. J SLEEK REALLY HELPED DBANJ'S ALREADY FADING MUSICAL CAREER

Dbanj is a good business man i will suggest he looks at going into the music business. take a toil from Dr Dre, Timberland and the rest. or if you insist on still singing, please get and pay a good writer to compose your songs as it is obvious you 9dbanj) cant compose a good and meaningful song.

1 Like

Re: D’banj – Oyato by Phemour: 11:27am On Jul 15, 2012
I am fan of dbanjo bt am sort to say, dis is nt worth it, i dot need to listen to d song a second time.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 15, 2012
A wack song is irredeemably wack; that has nothing to do with Yoruba or no Yoruba. Davido's Da Mi Duro is done in Yoruba. . .Wizkid's Pakurumo has substantial Yoruba lyrics, Brymo's Ara Mbe/Oleku were done in Yoruba. . .or is it 9ice's many hits such as Gongo Aso, Photocopy, etc that you want to talk about? Yet all these songs are loved by many Nigerians who don't even understand Yoruba. This Oyato is total crap, and has no saving grace whatsoever. Forget the Yoruba or no Yoruba argument.

Always annoying to see where hype, 'packaging', 'swag' and all that artifical poo outweighs real substance and talent. But then, that kind of bubble can hardly be sustained for too long before everything crumbles woefully.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Rhino5dm: 11:32am On Jul 15, 2012
7 pages and still counting, yet some hybrid goats are still hating . . . . SAI D BANJ cool
Re: D’banj – Oyato by montelik(m): 11:33am On Jul 15, 2012
mykali: HOW CAN NIGERIANS BE THIS GULLIBLE
did y'all listen to that INTRO at all before you say he mentioned Jazzy there??

"hmm, i'm DBANj...or SKIBANJ like my Jamaican friends call me. INCASE YOU TRY TO FORGET!!!"

i've been seeing the FUCKERY y'all have been posting since and my skin has been crawling. THE F[b]UC[/b]K!!!

as for that F[i]O[/i]OL saying its Igbos that are hating on the song, just DIE and save this world from your MISERABLE EXISTENCE.

People will hear what they want to hear.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by freecocoa(f): 11:46am On Jul 15, 2012
mikuz: or an afrobeat fan.
Afrobeat fan my sexy a$$.angry

If only you know how much i love FELA,who is more afrobeat than him?

The honest truth is,THAT OYATO IS BEAUTIFUL NONSENSE.

One doesn't have to be yoruba to love yoruba songs,if only you know how many yoruba songs i can sing very well and dance to without knowing the meaning of what i'm singing.

This one is not good music simple,i can sing many of D'banj's song so its not as if i don't like him,the song no sweet hoo ha.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by darne(m): 11:48am On Jul 15, 2012
Nice one Dbanj,...But don't diss The Mavin Guys pls cos obviously you went to borrow a don jazzy alike voice for your chorus, but you did well tho,..Nice one again
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ebamma(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
can't stop listening to this song,i bet its already a club banger.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by kaze4blues(m): 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2012
Dbanj is da bomb. Oyato si won. Nice songs bt short lyrics
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Sprumbaba: 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
Eja nla don cause CONFUSION.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by blackboi(m): 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2012
born2fuck: nobody hate fucking nigaz, bi.tc.h! This style sound like suddenly and igwe song by dbanj, nothing new! So stop sucking joystick and get your brain upgraded,want something different and don't want him fall like 9ice in singing,don't want fuji style anymore,Psquare upgrading back

In a simple sentence: U're an i:diot (no offence)
Re: D’banj – Oyato by onatisi(m): 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2012
binhozie: The beat is something else..Intro 10/10
But the song is wack 2/10
I need to hear this beat on another song as it was wasted on this track

just like i see it .the beat is the only thing good about this song.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by onatisi(m): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2012
this is the worst track dbanj has ever done ,but this guy jsleek is he a nigerian?never knew we had fantastic producers like this.the beat is an award winner everytime but the song is nothing to write home about
Re: D’banj – Oyato by montelik(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2012
for me its no better or worse than all the songs d'banj has been releasing since his last album. solid beat, decent production, catchy chorus and muddled message, without much lyrical content or flow. in short, average at best. I don't think I have initially been impressed with a d'banj release since 2008 (the exception being scape goat). but d'banj's hype and star power will no doubt make the song grow on people and gain success, though I doubt it will be as much as endowed, oliver twist e.t.c.

Was it Jay Sleek singing on the chorus? just my opinion. if d'banj is still going to retain the same format as he had before when jazzy used to sing the chorus and provide backing vocals on most of his songs. he should consider getting more natural and better support vocals to add more spice now that he is solo. nothing stopping him from bringing in the best. I didn't feel the very poor jazzy imitation on this song.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by abiki(f): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2012
I'm not a fan of d'banj but pls give him a chance to prove himself. He had a fallout with Don jazzy, so what? So many people secretly want his new album to be a flop so that they'll say 'them talk am'. Not fair at all. I feel so bad for him.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by KINGwax(m): 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2012
whealthy: Am i the only one thinking Dbanj is good?!
i'm wit u jare!

1 Like

Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2012
abiki: I'm not a fan of d'banj but pls give him a chance to prove himself. He had a fallout with Don jazzy, so what? So many people secretly want his new album to be a flop so that they'll say 'them talk am'. Not fair at all. I feel so bad for him.

Same way the dbanj supporters have been mocking MAVINS for Solar Plexus' flop grin
Re: D’banj – Oyato by sweetwater(m): 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2012
Nice 1, keep it up sky is your limit
Re: D’banj – Oyato by KINGwax(m): 12:57pm On Jul 15, 2012
diluminati: [size=38pt]THIS SONG IS WACK! SUPER WACK! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS![/size]
whatever u guys do, pls don't hang!
youngchopper: Who is dbanj?? Rubish song. If this trash is wat u called music den shame to u all ‎ساشةث
Re: D’banj – Oyato by KINGwax(m): 1:00pm On Jul 15, 2012
naijababe:

Same way the dbanj supporters have been mocking MAVINS for Solar Plexus' flop grin
Re: D’banj – Oyato by KINGwax(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2012
naijababe:

it's good u agree it was a flop. I'm giving u a 100 for admittance!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'Audio Money' Video - Rudeboy (Featuring Shatta Bandle) / Ikorodu Bois Recreate Davido's Fem (video) / FREE BEAT: Dj Yk Beats - Gbedu Beats 24/7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.