Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

D’banj – Oyato - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D’banj – Oyato (25470 Views)

Video: Lets Get This Party STARted - Wizkid, D’Banj, M.I, 2face, Tiwa Savage / Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj / D’banj’s New Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2012
omo_to_dun: ^

1 million views? Haba. Where is the link?

If you know what I know, u go like me o. grin grin grin

Frawzey.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2012
tokunboh: The tone and beat of these two songs are quite different from Oyato's (Oyato is more Fela-esque- One could say the beat was inspired by Fela's beat in Teacher don't teach me nonsense). Jay Sleek did get a mention out of Wiz and Solid, nobody noticed...however, D'banj name-dropping Jay Sleek brought his name to the fore. How many ppl knw J Sleekie before Oyato?... The koko of my story is I'm happy naija has got another decent producer...seemples (at least for variety's sake). In btw, I'm liking this song cos this would be Dbanj's first single in my adult days where words like bum, boobs, wind, shake, play, bad, give it to you, koko, banana, hips and waist getting shifted, get down, go down and the likes were not mentioned smiley

When I said tone, I meant in the same key. The rhythm's are entirely different. I'm very surprised no one noticed it in those two tracks. "Omotena" was big, especially the video, and Wizkid na Wizkid lol. shows who's listening to what

The bolded is a very good point lol
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2012
My TL is buzzing....something like: D'banj + Davido = #Oyato, Don Jazzy + D'prince = #TakeBanana" grin grin grin

Spot the difference.

Frawzey.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by bluejeff(m): 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2012
Guys common, this song no be am.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2012

1 Like

Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2012
bluejeff: Guys common, this song no be am.

And its trending? And we on the 9th page here? And u are still listening?

Its easy to be an armchair critique but so hard to make it happen.

Naija abeg appreciate this guy! He got himself a producer to replace Don J but Don J is still searching for another Dbanj.

J sleek would now be very well recognized & rated. This song is banging abeg. Been a long time I heard a pure vintage afro song like this.

Maybe cos I understand what he's saying sha.

Frawzey.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2012
omo_to_dun:

Correct 9ja guy. Una no dey tire for rigging.grin grin grin

Omo to dun....Orin yen dun now.

Forget rigging jare i no be PDP.

Frawzey.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 6:58pm On Jul 15, 2012
When I heard Solar Plexus, I didnt like it...it was below my expectation because last Mohit's album did was just on point. But i never said the songs are wack...cos some would definitely like it.

Its better u say u dont like it than degrading a song thats my best track at the moment. I can connect with the song cos[i] mo yato[/i]

Frawzey.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by kiyosaki1(m): 7:03pm On Jul 15, 2012
Skibanj you too gbaski
Re: D’banj – Oyato by lawizle(m): 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2012
jackbauersballs:

Your problem my dear boy, is that you lack a basic understanding of the English Language.
However while i take responsibility for whatever I write, I cannot be held responsible for what you understand...

Now runaway little d'banj wannabe...
go dream of fellating your hero

Lawd av mercy!!!
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2012
kiyosaki1: Skibanj you too gbaski

Osheeee grin grin grin

How I wish Brymo took the chorus...but its still hot.

Rumor has it that dbanjrecords just signed J Sleek.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/07/dbanj-signs-jay-sleek-to-replace-don-jazzy-as-his-producer.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Frawzey.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2012
mykali:

LOOK AT THIS EEDIOT TRYING TO MAKE SENSE. I FEEL LIKE CAPS LOCKING YOU TO DEATH!!!
LMAO grin
Re: D’banj – Oyato by olaadegoke(m): 7:40pm On Jul 15, 2012
Not upto what he's known for...Are we going to call this an afrobeat or what ?

1 Like

Re: D’banj – Oyato by cap28: 7:40pm On Jul 15, 2012
CRAP OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!!!

THIS GUY HAS NO TALENT, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Hoodrat(m): 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2012
The name of the guy backing up the chorus is bankuli dbanj personal body guard and assistant he is fat and weigh over 300 lbs. It seems nobody love dbanj again due to the glory people see in him. Is no surprise naija people always hate when they see you progressing when is obvious they will do the samething u do to progress if they are lucky. Take psquar for example as dem talk bad then say they don't need foreign colabo when is obvius they were only talking out of jealousy and envious. I pray dbanj don't get to read all this hateful comment by nairaland cuz this is enough to kill his caree and make him give up his dream but I trust dbanj is more ambitius n strong in spirit than most of this cyber hooligans. Dbanj pls don't let them talk uyou of your dreams do what you love to do and let God handle the rest cuz where you are today is not by ur power. Make una leave the guy alone n proceed to ur very aggressive heart attack pills music cuz dbanj yato si eyin oloshi yi.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by kennidiamo: 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2012
revomind: I'll be real with y'all.

This is Dbanj. Hated and regarded as 'talentless'. We're on the sixth page analysing what he referred to as his first African single. You can make of that whatever you will.

Dbanj's tracks have always been so-so (even though many were phat party tunes). Dbanj was at the height of his powers in the superb (in that sense) Entertainer album and in the Mo' hits compilation album. From there on, his tunes have been sluggish and have even deteriorated from the not-so-great standards he set for himself. It is hypocritical to call this 'Oyato' jam wack and then praise 'Oliver Twist' and 'Mr Endowed'. I'm yet to get over the horror of those songs and to be honest, for the first time since he dropped 'Rundown : Funk You Up', I wasn't looking forward to any of his jams. I thought Don Jazzy and Dbanj had gotten too complacent and what's more the running of the label appeared shoddy to me, there was some sort of rotation which meant the quite talented Wande Coal and the commercial monster Dbanj had to wait for the mediocre DPrince and Dr Sid to drop their own solo joints. But I digress.

The truth is 'Oyato' in consideration of Dbanj's limited lyrical ability is a better joint that his last two major singles I mentioned above. The lyrics made more sense even though I sense he threw some cheap shots at his erstwhile partners and friends. That's understandable though . So if you are so willing to condemn this considerably better effort, we need to know why. You were dickriding the whole mo' hits crew when it was only wande coming close to lyrical maturity. So what changed?

Hate?

Envy?

Ethnic sentiments?

Dbanj will never be a lyrical powerhouse. As long as he stands, only one thing will be expected from him. Make the club move and entertain. I fail to see how this track wouldn't do that.

Big ups to j-sleek, an under-rated producer in my own books. He's been doing some great work with 2face over the years. With another big-name client like this, his stock just has to rise.

YOU JUST NAILED IT MAHN..DROGBA FALLS EASILY BUT HE HAS ACHIEVED WHAT SO MANY PLAYERS HAVENT..
HATERS GO TO HELL
Re: D’banj – Oyato by pwityjj: 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2012
youngchopper: Who is dbanj?? Rubish song. If this trash is wat u called music den shame to u all ‎ساشةث
Rubbish song!!! Baseless and meaningless....nt suprised though
Re: D’banj – Oyato by kennidiamo: 7:57pm On Jul 15, 2012
pwityjj: Rubbish song!!! Baseless and meaningless....nt suprised though
ANOTHER FOOL..
AND AT THE END OF THE DAY THERE IS NO CONTEST
Re: D’banj – Oyato by chetaraph(m): 7:59pm On Jul 15, 2012
total crap!
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Aikayy: 9:31pm On Jul 15, 2012
B.A.D Music.....
Re: D’banj – Oyato by mikelangs(m): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2012
the song wan try small as per the beat but now we guys can see d difference when Don JAZZY is absent!!!!!! His pride made him to make dis mistake
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Sirmuell(m): 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2012
D'banj is blessed and gifted no doubt about that cause ordinarily if other artist shld sing a song like this it wuld'nt necessarily be a hit song but go to twitter and check out the download rate on Youtube then try google the song also you would know that d'banj is really DIFFERENT/OYATO just as he sang in the song. And that's what he is trying to make all you haters understand that he isn't in yur league not atall cause if he sings on a pangolo beat wiv sticks the world will still go gaga and celebrate him and that's what a blessed artist really is so all yhu haters shld just go and take a shower and get a life of yur own GBAM!!!
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 15, 2012
dbanj lost it if thats the hit we been waiting for..i cant believe he sang that wackie! wtf.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox2003: 11:16pm On Jul 15, 2012
Well, Dbanj now owns Dbanj Records and he already signed J sleek. FYI.

If Don J and Dbanj had not gone their separate ways..we wouldnt have had respect for this young guy.

Frawzey.

1 Like

Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayoola2002(m): 12:00am On Jul 16, 2012
I really enjoyed this oyato, is either u like it or not, is now my ringing tone. OYAATOOOO
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 16, 2012
Still jamming to "Oyato" cool
Re: D’banj – Oyato by namfav(m): 8:03am On Jul 16, 2012
it is ok
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Rhino5dm: 9:57am On Jul 16, 2012
Brilliant moves from the koko master himself. This guy is clipping out the best of best in the industry to his record label and yet some fools are hating and calling him names. . .D banj said he is a business man and I swear he is really showing raw acumen of a mini Puff Daddy. The haters are weeping, D banj is progressing and selling more records. OooooSssssHhhhhEeeeee! Lebete!!!! cool

ayox2003: Well, Dbanj now owns Dbanj Records and he already signed J sleek. FYI.

If Don J and Dbanj had not gone their separate ways..we wouldnt have had respect for this young guy.

Frawzey.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Rhino5dm: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2012
I have play and replayed this song for more than a zellion times . . . Keep rocking it joooorrrrrrrrrrr cool

ogugua88: Still jamming to "Oyato" cool

Omo de yi tu'n YATO!!
Re: D’banj – Oyato by johnson11(m): 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2012
I have been reading all comment and the more i read the more i listen to the songs..but i have to say the song is cool and ok as a dissing song but that doesnt take anything from it..
I love that ''hum hum listen IF YOU KNOOOOOW WHAT I KNOW YOU GO LIKE ME, sleek tell them, IF THEM KNOOOOOW WHAT I KNOW THEM GO LIKE ME''
As i said before both D'banj and Don jazzy are both good and have show it separately but you guys stop beefing .
Re: D’banj – Oyato by samchide(m): 1:56am On Jul 23, 2012
Pls Use Oshé mi Bakan by Shady n' Sayon as ur caller tune Text 035549 to 4100 MTN users only pls Share
Re: D’banj – Oyato by slimghost(m): 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2012
The reason why talented musicians can never make it in Naija. so sad we have lost the definition of GOOD music.Big ups to Asa,Nneka,GT,Tubaba and some others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'Audio Money' Video - Rudeboy (Featuring Shatta Bandle) / Ikorodu Bois Recreate Davido's Fem (video) / FREE BEAT: Dj Yk Beats - Gbedu Beats 24/7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.