Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,843 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

I Need Guidance! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Guidance! (833 Views)

Help; I Need Guidance Or Assistance In Turning Dot Wordpress Blog To Dot Com / I Need Guidance On Becoming A Web Designer / I Need Guidance On My Web Programming Tutorials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Guidance! by Olansgee(m): 5:33am On Jul 15, 2012
Webmasters in the house, I need you collective assistance. I designed my website olansgeetech.byethost7.com and I uploaded it. I consider myself as an amarteur and what I discovered was that my feedback form is not working. That was when I also discovered that HTML form alone couldn't make form. I've being trying to learning Perl but it wasn't easy. I need ur guidance!
Re: I Need Guidance! by DualCore1: 7:08am On Jul 15, 2012
Learn PHP.
Re: I Need Guidance! by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 15, 2012
You need PHP or any other server side language to perform most tasks...
Re: I Need Guidance! by Olansgee(m): 10:35am On Jul 15, 2012
Thanks guys. Though, I was learning PHP first before I abandon it for Perl, I'll like to know: which is easier?
Re: I Need Guidance! by yawatide(f): 9:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
It's not a matter of which is easier but which is more applicable to what you are trying to do.

Personally, I would say that since PHP is open source and probably runs a majority of the sites out there, you should stick to PHP.

Good luck!
Re: I Need Guidance! by sisqology(m): 3:06am On Jul 17, 2012
And learn javascript too, though its getting usless in this kind of case... But u should learn it
Re: I Need Guidance! by Olansgee(m): 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2012
All ur advices are noted and will be followed diligently. But I need materials, be it ebook, pdf materials, softwares and sites where I can download those stuffs. Please, ur help will be highly apprecited. Thank you once again.
Re: I Need Guidance! by mennenzn: 9:00am On Jul 18, 2012
I would say that since PHP is open source and probably runs a majority of the sites out there, you should stick to PHP.
[img]http://www.dubaa.info/good.gif[/img]
Re: I Need Guidance! by ilekky(m): 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
Go for PHP.That is just the best option you have.
Re: I Need Guidance! by Olansgee(m): 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Experts in the house! Firstly, I'm showing my gratitude for all ur encouragements. With ur help I've been able to design this site: olansgeetechnology.net63.net. Kudos to u all.
The problem I'm having now is how to create users account, so that each user should register and be able to drop comment like nairaland.com. I don't want to use wordpress. I need ur help again.
Re: I Need Guidance! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2012
Go and learn php/sql database...dats what makes such possible...then a couple of oda tins
Re: I Need Guidance! by 1920MaMa: 12:17am On Dec 29, 2012
the body width on your style sheet is much, try reducing it in order to get rid of the horizontal scrollbar on your website.

Olansgee: Experts in the house! Firstly, I'm showing my gratitude for all ur encouragements. With ur help I've been able to design this site: olansgeetechnology.net63.net. Kudos to u all.
The problem I'm having now is how to create users account, so that each user should register and be able to drop comment like nairaland.com. I don't want to use wordpress. I need ur help again.
Re: I Need Guidance! by Olansgee(m): 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
1920MaMa: the body width on your style sheet is much, try reducing it in order to get rid of the horizontal scrollbar on your website.

Thanks for the observation, I'll work on it.
What do you advice concerning my plight? Thanks again.
Re: I Need Guidance! by 1920MaMa: 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
maybe you must have heard of www.w3schools.com it's a good resource, you can learn one or two things from there that would help you fix things. all the best.

Olansgee:

Thanks for the observation, I'll work on it.
What do you advice concerning my plight? Thanks again.
Re: I Need Guidance! by Slyr0x: 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
Donpuzo: Go and learn php/sql database...dats what makes such possible...then a couple of oda tins

Where you been bro? Glad to have you back smiley

(1) (Reply)

Learning Web Design @ 37! / Google Honours Nigeria With A Nigerian Flag On Their Homepage / I Need A Professional Web Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.