Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,143 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Covering Of Hair By Females To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Covering Of Hair By Females To Church (1119 Views)

Is Going To Church Without Covering Your Hair A Sin? / I Putting On Trousers By Females A Sin? / Covering Of Hair For Christain Women, Is It Compulsory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covering Of Hair By Females To Church by angiemartinez(f): 11:13am On Jul 15, 2012
calvary greetings IJN. pls am vey curious about the topic. Why is it that females dont cover their hair to some churches? Pls bible scholars help me with verses where it is mentioned to cover hair to church.
Re: Covering Of Hair By Females To Church by God2man(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2012
My sister, 1 corinthian 11:5-15, will be o.k.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Covering Of Hair By Females To Church by Goshen360(m): 10:39pm On Jul 15, 2012
angiemartinez: calvary greetings IJN. pls am vey curious about the topic. Why is it that females dont cover their hair to some churches? Pls bible scholars help me with verses where it is mentioned to cover hair to church.

There's nothing like HAIR covering but HEAD covering and the HAIR of a woman was given to her as a covering for her HEAD.

1 Like

Re: Covering Of Hair By Females To Church by angiemartinez(f): 10:57pm On Jul 15, 2012
Goshen360:

There's nothing like HAIR covering but HEAD covering and the HAIR of a woman was given to her as a covering for her HEAD.
okay i was tinkn is d hair dat needs to b covered. So r u sayn biblicaly dat there is no no need 2 cover d head agn since d hair is alrdy there? Wat abt women on low cut?
Re: Covering Of Hair By Females To Church by Goshen360(m): 11:13pm On Jul 15, 2012
Read the passage given by my brother God2man, there is no mention of low cut there but women shaven cos it's a shame for a woman to be shaven. The hair is given her for her HEAD covering.
Re: Covering Of Hair By Females To Church by plappville(f): 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2012
1 Corin 11: 5-13 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

7 A man ought not to cover his head,[a] since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 neither was man created for woman, but woman
for man. 10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman.
12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to
pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as
a covering.

Ur hair is ur headtie! But its more decent to cover it when comunicating with God. Thats my own opinion anyway.
Re: Covering Of Hair By Females To Church by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
plappville: 1 Corin 11: 5-13 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

7 A man ought not to cover his head,[a] since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own[b] head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.]

Ur hair is ur headtie! But its more decent to cover it when comunicating with God. Thats my own opinion anyway.

I tend to agree !
Re: Covering Of Hair By Females To Church by Goshen360(m): 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2012
plappville:

But it is not a criteria to answered prayers. Thank God it is "your own opinion" anyway. lolz cheesy
Re: Covering Of Hair By Females To Church by CrazyMan(m): 12:22am On Aug 31, 2012
angiemartinez: calvary greetings IJN.
First you must not cultivate the habit of using abbreviations to represent christ.

Take you time to type out his name...and am sure he would be proud of you smiley

angiemartinez: Why is it that females dont cover their hair to some churches? Pls bible scholars help me with verses where it is mentioned to cover hair to church.
Its mentioned in the bible, but if you ask me, I'd say it doesn't really matter.

My knowledge of christianity tells me that God is not interested in your outward appearance. What he values most is your heart.

So even if you put on a scarf and cover yourself from head to toe...if you don't give him your heart, it still won't make any difference.

Also its sad to see that most pastors who should be winning souls for God, are busy playing simon says with their members. Christ's death on the cross was to redeem us so the main goal of every preacher is to ensure that christ's death wasn't in vain and not to constantly give their members all sorts of dress codes...

Finally, I would therefore suggest that you spend more time seeking his face and studying his word and forget about all these dos and donts pastors.
Re: Covering Of Hair By Females To Church by angiemartinez(f): 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
CrazyMan:
First you must not cultivate the habit of using abbreviations to represent christ.

Take you time to type out his name...and am sure he would be proud of you smiley

Its mentioned in the bible, but if you ask me, I'd say it doesn't really matter.

My knowledge of christianity tells me that God is not interested in your outward appearance. What he values most is your heart.

So even if you put on a scarf and cover yourself from head to toe...if you don't give him your heart, it still won't make any difference.

Also its sad to see that most pastors who should be winning souls for God, are busy playing simon says with their members. Christ's death on the cross was to redeem us so the main goal of every preacher is to ensure that christ's death wasn't in vain and not to constantly give their members all sorts of dress codes...

Finally, I would therefore suggest that you spend more time seeking his face and studying his word and forget about all these dos and donts pastors.
tenks alot 4 d corection.

(1) (Reply)

Touch Not My Anointed! / Teaching About The Sabbath Day (matthew 12: 1- 8, 9-12) / The Difference Between Christians And Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.