Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,051 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze (15392 Views)

Weird Things Some Nigerian Ladies Do Just To Have Big & Firm Boobs / Nigerian Ladies And Tattoos / Tatoo Infection! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Karamy: 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2012
sheringan:
why u no put one for ur forehead nah,if u don't tink Having a tatto shud nt explain who u re. Fowl
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Paentera(m): 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
plaetton: In Europe and American it has become normal for people, men and women, to have different types of Tatoos on different parts of their bodies.
Since, generally speaking, we are a people beholden fads,it is becoming common in Nigeria for ladies, especially the young ones , to have visible tatoos on the upper parts of their bodies.

My first impressions when I see a lady with tatoos on her body is usually "irresponsible,vain,good for fun and thrills but never to be taken serious," etc etc.

Is it just me or do more men get these first impressions?

If so,aren't the ladies jeopardizing or limiting their chances of being taken serious by potential suitors and life partners?

lets here from m everyone, especially the gentlemen.

The tribal marks have been on the faces of our ancestors for a long time and our generations and those of our parents basically rejected it - now we think Tattoos look hot! Mstchew!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by tnktosin(m): 7:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
Personally, i wouldn't take any gal wit a visible tattoo serious... i'd most probalbly take her as a play thing #myopinion#
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Loveaflame(m): 9:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
God save us from the white people evl desease.It is un-African and improper for a lady brought up in a goidly way.One should blame parents for their irresponsible roles in child training.To me it is wrong.No right thinking African guy will go for them except the ones that has been infected with the immoral virus of the whites
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by abiamahart: 10:10pm On Jul 16, 2012
years back. my friend had this fair complexioned gf with a small cobra tatoo on her forehead. because she comes around in the evenings for our night out i never noticed it.

when she stayed over a weekend and i saw it and she claimed to have been born that way. it was like the medical symbol with its flickers pronounced.

Man hail O! Damn odd and scary
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by poweredcom(m): 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
It depends on where the tatoo is sketched woow lower back tatoos on females tells me that gal is a biiaatch a hooker , and. There was a day I saw a gal with a tatoo at her upper arm I shame it was looking like something drawn with marker and very dark and too big loke a rappers type some girls are too foolish na follow follow dey do dem no brains
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 12:16am On Jul 17, 2012
@Poster... iLove the way you handled the irrational females. It shows a great level of maturity in you.

THE MESSAGE: if you're proud of who u are and u appreciate yourself, you won't be found in a tattoo parlour fooling around with your body. A lady/man with a tattoo ain't responsible!! You should pay less attention to meaningless fashion and spend more time building a life!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by henrozy: 12:34am On Jul 17, 2012
i wont marry a lady wit dat,cos it's associated wit the devil.i wont marry a lady wit dat,cos it's associated wit the devil.i wont marry a lady wit dat,cos it's associated wit the devil.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by kandiikane(m): 3:04am On Jul 17, 2012
Billyonaire: I love ladies with tattoos, I love pretty ladies that smoke. I just love them badgurls.

You are in for a treat. I am covered all over in ink. tongue
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 17, 2012
The day I'm ready to get disown is the day I get a tattoo.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by kandiikane(m): 3:09am On Jul 17, 2012
To those ignoramus people saying tattoing is un-African. Please, come out of your holes. Tattooing is part of many cultures in Africa.

Maybe not as creative(art wise) as modern tattoos but tattooing per se has always been part of our culture.

That's how people from different ethnicities identify eachother.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by antitpiah: 3:30am On Jul 17, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
The day I'm ready to get disown is the day I get a tattoo.

Hmmmm, for an American educated s/l/u/t, this is worrisome.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by coalcoal1(m): 7:32am On Jul 17, 2012
plaetton:

He he he.
Bleeping does not discrimate.
pls read my post again. you missed something there.
Here is the issue in another way. If am a bachelor looking to settle soon and I go to a gathering or party where there lots of pretty ladies to mingle with.
Who am I likely to want to mingle with at first sight?
A beautiful lady with tatoos on her chest, hands and neck or another equally beautiful lady with no tatoos at all? Now, if I was a player and wanted some quick action, My automatic instincts would opt for the tatoo girl because her tatoo is like a poster that says" I' vain, easy and carefree". I might be 100% wrong, but that is the perception.
If on the other hand, i was looking for a lady for keeps, again my instincts would go with the non-tatoo lady.
This is how we men think. You can choose not believe it because you are a woman and you think in different patterns from men.

that is why I raised this topic for all to contribute.

I would also behave in the same way if I were an employer of labour.

I feel u. This is my thought on it too
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by londoner: 10:52am On Jul 17, 2012
Well.......if we are talking about the average African man (unless tatooing is part of his culture) he will see a woman as irresponsible if she has a tatoo. A girl may see a guy as following fashion and immature if he gets a tatoo after a certain age.

The perception of people with tatoos as being cheap or dangerous is something which is also global in varying degrees.

Some people, even if white feel they need to cover up their tatoos in certain situations like job interviews, because they are aware of the possible negative perception of them.

It doesn't mean it is an accurate assessment of anyone, but people do judge by appearance.

I have noticed the rising trend and what I dislike about it the most, is the fact that many tatooists in Nigeria are not trained properly and their tattoos are quite poor.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by foluks24(f): 10:56am On Jul 17, 2012
but am sure u only love to have dem for while not forever and modar of ur kids
Billyonaire: I love ladies with tattoos, I love pretty ladies that smoke. I just love them badgurls.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Bustyna(f): 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2012
i like tattoos,i think they are sexy when not overdone,but most men tends not 2 take women wit tattoos serious
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by jpphilips(m): 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2012
funky medina: As i live and breadth, I never thought I'll see the day, kim kardashin will be quoted as a source of wisdom cry. By the way, live nigerian females alone, if you dont like the tats walk on by. Is this nairaland a boys club or what. Naija babes r bad, wicked, gold diggers etc all useless stories had the woman as the bad one. Grow the phuck up!

even Jonathan is quoted as a source of inspiration, how empty Nigerian heads are
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 18, 2012
I like tattoos, I have some and it's not uncommon in the old days in our culture. I don't see the big deal.

My GF has tribal marks on her face and I can't wait till she gets stateside so she can indulge in some tattoos too.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by NovusHomo(m): 12:43am On Jul 18, 2012
Nigerians, always late. Americans are beginning to remove their tatoos at five times the cost of putting them on in the first place.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Mcleo007(m): 11:55am On Jul 25, 2012
haruna1970: Are you just waking up? It's not a new trend. My grandmother wrote her maiden name on her arms. They didn't call it tattoo then. I wonder what they call it.

Don't mind em hypocrites. My great grandmother died at 108 in the year 2003. She had tatoos all over her body. Just imagine!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by swizz01(m): 12:14pm On Jul 25, 2012
Som guyz nw don D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ lie say deir fiancee or deir chick get ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏ aπϑ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥м̤̈ na like ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏......omoh if no b say †ђξ tin na sin,I 4 even done get ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏......abeg let's talk true....
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by kandiikane(m): 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
swizz01: Som guyz nw don D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ lie say deir fiancee or deir chick get ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏ aπϑ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥м̤̈ na like ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏......omoh if no b say †ђξ tin na sin,I 4 even done get ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏......abeg let's talk true....

So di ting dey for bible? Which chapter say na sin? I must have missed it.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Mcleo007(m): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2012
Btw, where can I get tatoo done in Lagos at a decent price. I want body write ups…
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by JallowBah(f): 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2012
stagger: Has anyone bothered to study the health implications?

Hepatitis C is very readily spread by dirty tattoo needles, and from what I see concerning sterilization of even clippers in saloons, this could be a huge problem.

And that is why you should always go to a tattoo-place that have everything in order, and ALWAYS use a new needle.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by JallowBah(f): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
musaogunnubi: we nd 2 ask ourselves few questions. where did tatoo originated 4rom? who're d calibre of pple dat started it? and what comes 2 ur mind if u see dose ppls? well tatoo began 4rom haiti &jamaica by d bad boyz (gangstas) not united states as some ppl thinks! later d american gangsta started copyin dem. dose days, if u see anyone wit tatoo, it occur 2u dat dis is one really bad guy. even uptil 2day u can find it on all america musicians but only on d bad eggs. now tell me what is gud about tatoo?

Wrong.

Many ethnic tribes in Africa has used tattooes for many, many years. Google it.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by JallowBah(f): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mcleo007: Btw, where can I get tatoo done in Lagos at a decent price. I want body write ups…

Never go for only good price, always look at the reputation of the tattoo-artist. You risk getting infections, that the colour fade fast, not enough filling, bad lining, etc...
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by JallowBah(f): 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2012
I find it strange that so many african people in here dont even recognize the fact that tattooing has been part of the african culture for many, many years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattoo
Little bit about some of the history about tattooes.

In Scandinavia and Eu, tattooes are more and more common. Some do it for fashion, some for statement, some for the love of art.
My husband loves my tattooes. Maybe because he is a fulani, grew up half-nomadic, and all the old women he knows, have face and chest heavily tattooed?
He thinks it is beautiful, and a part of me, but at the same time, he dont want me to get TOO many. But; too many for him, and too many for me, is not the samewink

Yes, they look down at people here with tattoos as well, and it is not for everybody. Yes, I tend do cover them slightly before a job interview or request to rent a house ( but I have never gotten a no on either.. ), because I know people might judge.

I love my tattooing, and there will be more. The only thing I regret it not getting more big pieces done, instead of ceveral small ones. But that will be fixed in some years.

If you do decide to get a tattoo, please:
- Dont take something for fashion, or because everyone else does it
- Dont go to the cheapest one, unless he also have a good rep
- Do your researc, and never get a tattoo from an artist who do not use a brand new needle
- Take something important for you.
- Think about your future

Any questions about tats? Feel free to ask..smiley
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by kandiikane(m): 8:00pm On Jul 25, 2012
JallowBah:

Wrong.

Many ethnic tribes in Africa has used tattooes for many, many years. Google it.

Don't mind them. They think only the western people do tattoos and it's an abomination when many cultures in africa do tattoos.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Mcleo007(m): 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
JallowBah:

Never go for only good price, always look at the reputation of the tattoo-artist. You risk getting infections, that the colour fade fast, not enough filling, bad lining, etc...

Thanks for the tip. By decent price, I never implied cheap.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by JallowBah(f): 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
kandiikane:

Don't mind them. They think only the western people do tattoos and it's an abomination when many cultures in africa do tattoos.

Then its good they have a white woman to educate them.
cool
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by JallowBah(f): 8:25pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mcleo007:

Thanks for the tip. By decent price, I never implied cheap.

Good. Too many people dosmiley But; If you do find a very, very good salon that have a teachers-boy/girl doing tats for lower prices..go for it. IF that person makes a mistake, the one who train him/her will fix it later on. Takes longer time, though, but for me it was a good dealsmiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hair Must Grow Naija: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home. / Ladies, Can You Leave Home Without Wearing Makeup? / Interested In Buying Ladies Handbags, Perfumes And More? From Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.