Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze (15391 Views)

Weird Things Some Nigerian Ladies Do Just To Have Big & Firm Boobs / Nigerian Ladies And Tattoos / Tatoo Infection! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by SisiKill1: 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
plaetton:

No one is disputing all that. C'mon we are talking about perceptions here.

For example, there was a time i used to wear only shorts, t-shits and sneakers oimply because I felt comfortable in them. But after a while, people started to pervcieve me as always looking unserious because I did not wear suites and ties in a hot climate.

So perceptions Do affect attitudes.

Since we are pretending this thread is motivated by genuine concern and not an avenue to ignite another round of Nigerian girl bashing, then allow me to say thanks for your concern but at the end of the day. . .people are gonna do what they are gonna do and people are gonna perceive what other people do anyway they want.

Look I totally get how intoxicating being on a Jesus Mission can be but the truth is unlike Him. . .you can't save everybody (Although there are debate in some circles on if He indeed saved everyone but that's a story for another day) and you can't change people's perception over night.

If we could change people's perception we won't have people still thinking a girl with BB is Ashewo, A girl with Brazilian weave is a ho, a girl driving a nice car is a prostitute, a girl with a good job slept her way to the top, a girl who likes to eat out is a whoreprostituteashawo.

I ask ya, If the Nigerian Girl tries to stop doing everything other people perceive as the mark of ashaworism, where will she be today??!! I'll give you a hint - It starts with YABA and ends with LEFT!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by funkymedina: 2:46pm On Jul 16, 2012
As i live and breadth, I never thought I'll see the day, kim kardashin will be quoted as a source of wisdom cry. By the way, live nigerian females alone, if you dont like the tats walk on by. Is this nairaland a boys club or what. Naija babes r bad, wicked, gold diggers etc all useless stories had the woman as the bad one. Grow the phuck up!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by dre11(m): 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
nikkyshyne:
U took the words out of my keypads. So freaking annoying. Dem no dey tire? angry
Since when did ladies become case studies?

since u allow Adam to fall from grace 2 grass in dat beautiful garden called 'EDEN' dat when u became a case study
so we can learn 4m d mistake of others
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by stagger: 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2012
Has anyone bothered to study the health implications?

Hepatitis C is very readily spread by dirty tattoo needles, and from what I see concerning sterilization of even clippers in saloons, this could be a huge problem.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by dre11(m): 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Don't you guys get tired?

Everyday it is Nigerian women this, Nigerian women that, Nigerian women thus.

It has gotten so old and redundant!

Show some creativity and mix up the repertoire abeg!

Find another group of people to pick on.

Jeez!!!

So if d guy doesn't pick on d opposite sex who do u expect him to pick on
eish!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by nodullin(m): 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
I thought I was only one noticing the increased level of tatooing amongst d female folks
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by funkymedina: 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
no dullin: I thought I was only one noticing the increased level of tatooing amongst d female folks
So r u guys saying naija guys dont get tats and the increase is only among females?
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by SisiKill1: 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
dre11:

So if d guy doesn't pick on d opposite sex who do u expect him to pick on
eish!
How's about you pick on someone your own size? tongue

stagger: Has anyone bothered to study the health implications?

Hepatitis C is very readily spread by dirty tattoo needles, and from what I see concerning sterilization of even clippers in saloons, this could be a huge problem.

Now THIS is a good reason to raise a topic on Tattoos. . . not the yeye marriagebility/Partner catching reason used by the OP!!

Now, now Stagger darling, don't pass out from shock that I agree with you!! I'll have you know I can be reasonable. . . sometimes. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by bigfree: 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
i think the tattoo craze has to do with fashion and the global trend of cultural influences.if a woman decides to get a tattoo on any part of her body,she is sending a message that has to do with her perception and values.having a tattoo doesn't make a lady irresponsible or immature,but a better way of understanding that person is to know the story behind the tattoo.you will be amazed at the different stories you hear.its simply self-expression that should be done decently.moreover,i can't have a tattoo,not because i don't like them,some are really cool,but because i am not into the pure-water-syndrome.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by SisiKill1: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
funky medina: As i live and breadth, I never thought I'll see the day, kim kardashin will be quoted as a source of wisdom :'

Lmao! I can't tell you how quickly I erased that from my head after reading it (my brain is still hurting from the hurried brush strokes). I'd turn my brain to mush first before I wrap it around the fact that someone out there thinks Kim Kardashian has anything remotely close to wisdom to impart to anyone. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Enlightened1: 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dead on arrival topic!!!
Just passing by
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by bumps(m): 3:32pm On Jul 16, 2012
Becos tattoo is a global trend does nt mean my girl or wife shld wear it.for me tattoo doesnt portray one as a descent fellow.i cant wear tattoo,my wife cant,my children cant and my great grand children cant go on tattoo.im perfectly ok the way i was created by God
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by megxo(m): 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2012
basty: I think this topic might be perceived differently. During the times of our mothers, we knew what was called laali, just like tatoo.
This is still beign practised by the Hausa ladies in the North of Naija.

ON DEM PALMS N FEET BA.....E MAKES MOST OF EM VERY UGGGLY
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by megxo(m): 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Since we are pretending this thread is motivated by genuine concern and not an avenue to ignite another round of Nigerian girl bashing, then allow me to say thanks for your concern but at the end of the day. . .people are gonna do what they are gonna do and people are gonna perceive what other people do anyway they want.

Look I totally get how intoxicating being on a Jesus Mission can be but the truth is unlike Him. . .you can't save everybody (Although there are debate in some circles on if He indeed saved everyone but that's a story for another day) and you can't change people's perception over night.

If we could change people's perception we won't have people still thinking a girl with BB is Ashewo, A girl with Brazilian weave is a ho, a girl driving a nice car is a prostitute, a girl with a good job slept her way to the top, a girl who likes to eat out is a whoreprostituteashawo.

I ask ya, If the Nigerian Girl tries to stop doing everything other people perceive as the mark of ashaworism, where will she be today??!! I'll give you a hint - It starts with YABA and ends with LEFT!
WERIN GO MAKE AM CRAZE........ABEGI park well
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by megxo(m): 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]werin d op de try yarn be say make naija girls stop to de do copy copy..........SIMPLE grin
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by musaogunnubi(m): 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
we nd 2 ask ourselves few questions. where did tatoo originated 4rom? who're d calibre of pple dat started it? and what comes 2 ur mind if u see dose ppls? well tatoo began 4rom haiti &jamaica by d bad boyz (gangstas) not united states as some ppl thinks! later d american gangsta started copyin dem. dose days, if u see anyone wit tatoo, it occur 2u dat dis is one really bad guy. even uptil 2day u can find it on all america musicians but only on d bad eggs. now tell me what is gud about tatoo?
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by plaetton: 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

My dear, I dont know why you are so pissed off about this. First , this is a general discussion forum for everyone to air their views on any subject.
Yes, people will always do what they want to do. That was never the issue here.
I never condemned the act,I never asked for a ban. I just mentioned my first impressions , which might be wrong,and wondered whether others felt same or different. In Nigeria, perception matters a lot.
You can pretend not to see it that way. maybe you dont live in Nigeria.

The way my young daughter dresses and wat she puts on herself will greatly affect how the outside world would percieve her. That is a fact. You cannot wish that away.
I really dont understand the source of your anger.
By the way, this post was meant to be in the romance/relationship or family section. The moderators moved it to the fashion section.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by scribble: 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
what i find amusing is how almost all the girls in Nigeria now have tattoo beauty spots above the corner of their upper lip.

almost all the "wannabe" trendy women have the same damn tattoo.

if my girlfriend got it, i'd cry
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by SisiKill1: 4:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
plaetton:

My dear, I dont know why you are so pissed off about this.

First , this is a general discussion forum for everyone to air their views on any subject.
Yes, people will always do what they want to do. That was never the issue here.

I never condemned the act,I never asked for a ban. I just mentioned my first impressions which might be wrong,and wondered whether others felt same or different. In Nigeria, perception matters a lot.
You can pretend not to see it that way. maybe you dont live in Nigeria.

The way my young daughter dresses and wat she puts on herself will greatly affect how the outside world would percieve her. That is a fact. You cannot wish that away.
I really dont understand the source of your anger.
By the way, this post was meant to be in the romance/relationship or family section. The moderators moved it to the fashion section.

Sigh!! Why do you guys have to be sooooo. . .typical? embarassed

What part of my posts reflects being "pissed off?" Just because I don't drop the airhead one line responses that you expect from females, does not mean I am pissed off.

Anyway sha, I am waiting for the part where you ask me if I am on my period. Will that come before or after the "Have you been rejected because you have a tattoo?" question?

By the way, I wouldn't knock the mods if I were you. They did you a huge favor putting this topic in fashion section instead of Romance. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by hardbody: 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
I hold no opinion on this one, each to his/her own. However, i read somewhere about the health implications and teh fact that unlike most fads, tatoos are permanent and cannot be removed even when the wearer decides it is time enough to remove same. Generally speaking, it gives an impression of a 'bad girl' and for those that really look out for them (like i dont mind if a girl does all that and smokes and stuff)it might not matter much. teh real person is of the inner self. IMO
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by parryon(f): 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
@OP
Please stop picking on women. One man's meat is another man's poison. Going through your post I know your type....uptight is what you are but you wouldn't waste time bleeping a woman that has a tatoo on her forehead,pierced nose,multiple ear piercing and a cigarette dangling from her lips if given the chance.

STOP PICKING ON WOMEN
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Chaaaan(f): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
"tatoos are permanent and cannot be removed even when the wearer decides it is time enough to remove same.[/quote]
Tatoos can be removed surgically, using lasers.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by yeye4live(m): 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
Go to any brotel 101% of dem ve tatoes,so y wil a reasonable girl draw a tatoe, my broda any girl wit tatoes re nt mariage material,dnt even lok at her 2wice but u can b fuckng her cuse dat s wat she represent
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by wurajone(f): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
Classy girls don't wear tattoos; Reason: No one intentionally scratches a Bentley...so if u got tattoo on ur body,u be Molue!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by MrMandilas: 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2012
maygah: :PWell mr dats ur opinion abt tatto. Having a tatto shud nt explain who u re. Dahhhh
It should explain who U are. Is the same as saying that men who wear ear ring does not explain who they are. Remember, the way you are dressed is the way U will be addressed.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
I see no reasons why we should condemn ladies with tatoos,one man's meat is anoda man's poison.you all want to tell me that ladies with tatoos dont marry?live,and lets live.i luv tatooed ladies period,haters can go to hell
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Litmus: 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
Tatoos are traditional to many indigenous Nigerian tribes. If our women are rediscovering tattoos then its no big deal. it was part of our culture long before.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by plaetton: 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
parryon: @OP
Please stop picking on women. One man's meat is another man's poison. Going through your post I know your type....uptight is what you are but you wouldn't waste time bleeping a woman that has a tatoo on her forehead,pierced nose,multiple ear piercing and a cigarette dangling from her lips if given the chance.

STOP PICKING ON WOMEN

He he he.
Bleeping does not discrimate.
pls read my post again. you missed something there.
Here is the issue in another way. If am a bachelor looking to settle soon and I go to a gathering or party where there lots of pretty ladies to mingle with.
Who am I likely to want to mingle with at first sight?
A beautiful lady with tatoos on her chest, hands and neck or another equally beautiful lady with no tatoos at all? Now, if I was a player and wanted some quick action, My automatic instincts would opt for the tatoo girl because her tatoo is like a poster that says" I' vain, easy and carefree". I might be 100% wrong, but that is the perception.
If on the other hand, i was looking for a lady for keeps, again my instincts would go with the non-tatoo lady.
This is how we men think. You can choose not believe it because you are a woman and you think in different patterns from men.

that is why I raised this topic for all to contribute.

I would also behave in the same way if I were an employer of labour.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Sprumbaba: 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
I tell kids that "IF YOU HAVE TATTOO, YOU WILL NOT BECOME A PRESIDENT" I will now ask "DO YOU SEE TATTOO ON OBAMA, GORGE BUSH(EVEN GOODLUCK AND PATIENCE NO GET) AND SO ON? wink
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Karamy: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
plaetton: In Europe and American it has become normal for people, men and women, to have different types of Tatoos on different parts of their bodies.
Since, generally speaking, we are a people beholden fads,it is becoming common in Nigeria for ladies, especially the young ones , to have visible tatoos on the upper parts of their bodies.

My first impressions when I see a lady with tatoos on her body is usually "irresponsible,vain,good for fun and thrills but never to be taken serious," etc etc.

Is it just me or do more men get these first impressions?

If so,aren't the ladies jeopardizing or limiting their chances of being taken serious by potential suitors and life partners?

lets here from m everyone, especially the gentlemen.
i hate dem especially doz ones wit strechmarks all over their body damn! Agboh seller sef dey draw tatoo for her chest imagin cry
plaetton: In Europe and American it has become normal for people, men and women, to have different types of Tatoos on different parts of their bodies.
Since, generally speaking, we are a people beholden fads,it is becoming common in Nigeria for ladies, especially the young ones , to have visible tatoos on the upper parts of their bodies.

My first impressions when I see a lady with tatoos on her body is usually "irresponsible,vain,good for fun and thrills but never to be taken serious," etc etc.

Is it just me or do more men get these first impressions?

If so,aren't the ladies jeopardizing or limiting their chances of being taken serious by potential suitors and life partners?

lets here from m everyone, especially the gentlemen.
i hate dem especially doz ones wit strechmarks all over their body damn! Agboh seller sef dey draw tatoo for her chest imagin
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
If you grew up in Europe or America its understandable, BUT!!!!!! If you are a true Naija brought up. And you have a Tatoo or you are planing of having one. then to be honest what all Nigerian boys sees you as is ladies of the night. Ashi babes.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Karamy: 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2012
sheringan:
why u no put one for ur forehead nah,if u don't tink Having a tatto shud nt explain who u re. Fowl
imagin me tak a lady wit tatoo in her elbow, chest, waist to my mama and say dis is d woman i wnt to marry alu! angry
sheringan:
why u no put one for ur forehead nah,if u don't tink Having a tatto shud nt explain who u re. Fowl
imagin me tak a lady wit tatoo in her elbow, chest, waist to my mama and say dis is d woman i wnt to marry alu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Will You React When You See Someone Wearing The Same Clothes As Yours? / Hair Must Grow Naija: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home. / Ladies, Can You Leave Home Without Wearing Makeup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.