Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,921 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory (7857 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Iara Oshiomhole Visits Edo IDP Camp For Empowerment Programme - pics / ‘factors That Aided Apc’s Victory At The Polls’ - Tinubu's Aide, Dare, Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by Freiburger(m): 7:37am On Jul 16, 2012
The declaration of incumbent Governor Adams Oshiomhole by INEC, yesterday, as the winner of the Edo State gubernatorial election with 477,478 votes has confirmed his total control and the supremacy of his party in the politics of the state.

For once, in spite of the boasting of Chief Tony Anenih, (popularly known as Mr. FIX IT) to end the rising political profile of the Governor Oshiomhole by defeating him in last Saturday election, the governor has proved to be a better politician by extending his political empire to Anenih’s domain.

In the last National and State Houses of Assembly elections held in April last year, Chief Anenih led his party, the PDP to prove that he was a force to reckon with when the PDP won all the seats in the senatorial district except in the House of Assembly seat for Esan South East won by the ACN candidate.

However, Oshiomhole’s superior electoral forces in Saturday’s election, had decimated Anenih’s political reign. Governor Oshiomhole and the ACN won in all the 18 local government areas of the state.

Apart from winning all the five local government areas in Anenih’s senatorial district, Oshiomhole and the ACN consolidated their hold on Edo north and south senatorial districts.

Besides, his own local government area of Etsako West where he scored 44,962 votes, Oshiomhole posted very impressive records in Egor, Ikpoba-Okha and Oredo local government areas where he polled 50,623, 58,809 and 66,522 votes respectively. These three local governments which are known to record high votes have been very key to governor Oshiomhole’s electoral victories in the state.

This informed his reaction on Saturday when information got to him in his Iyamho hometown where he was casting his vote that voting materials were yet to be supplied to Oredo as at 12 noon that day. As he explained yesterday, “it was unexplainable that voting materials would arrive Edo north and central on time, yet same materials that were supplied from Benin were not available in Oredo.

“I was hard on INEC because materials were not delivered to Edo south on time. There was no justifiable reason why that should happen given that there was only one election in Edo State and that materials have long been brought to the state.”

For Oshiomhole, the results of Saturday’s election had buried ethnic sentiments in the state’s political history “because all Edos are one.”
http://www.edostatenews.com/edo-guber-result-factors-that-enhanced-oshiomholes-victory/
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by dorleey(f): 9:33am On Jul 16, 2012
Still waiting for d factors cos i guessed U̶̲̥̅̊ just introduced D̶̲̥̅̊ topic and U̶̲̥̅̊ are yet to give us the factors. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by Tochiilo(m): 9:38am On Jul 16, 2012
He made it possible by his works oshiobaba move on
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by Pelumiv(m): 9:42am On Jul 16, 2012
Where are the factors? Lol
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by dedeike: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2012
dorleey: Still waiting for d factors cos i guessed U̶̲̥̅̊ just introduced D̶̲̥̅̊ topic and U̶̲̥̅̊ are yet to give us the factors. undecided

Honestly, I thought I was the only one who noticed. The guy just chronicled the events that are well known to us without giving us the factors. There's no limitation to the foolishness that these A.C.N goons can exhibit. Perhaps this is still part of the hangover of a rare victory. I wonder how this topic made it to the first page. I suggest they move it to the entertainment section where it rightly belongs.
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by tunapawizzy: 9:46am On Jul 16, 2012
@op learn to put apt titles on ur stories. to address the title basically everybody is tired of PDP .....besides from information (becos i no dey dia o) dem say oshiomhole do well...so why will d people not renew his mandate.
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by ortopazz(m): 9:47am On Jul 16, 2012
okay....

Thought something like the Oba had given support, people were tired of godfatherism etc,

still waiting though!
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by ortopazz(m): 9:48am On Jul 16, 2012
okay....

Thought something like the Oba had given support, people were tired of godfatherism etc,

still waiting though!
Pelumiv: Where are the factors? Lol
okay....

still waiting though!
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by martin123: 9:48am On Jul 16, 2012
Oshiomole won, because the ORACLE has spoken
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by semid4lyfe(m): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2012
Rubbish piece. . .body of the story has nothing to do with the title

No wonder Sagamite dey complain about Nigerian journalists
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by TRACK: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2012
where are the factors your topic suggests?
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:20am On Jul 16, 2012
semid4lyfe: Rubbish piece. . .body of the story has nothing to do with the title

No wonder Sagamite dey complain about Nigerian journalists

I tire oo. maybe there is a PART 2..
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by June1012: 10:21am On Jul 16, 2012
The factors that led Oshiomole to win the election were never mentioned so u've made no point my frnd.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by Baawaa(m): 10:28am On Jul 16, 2012
dorleey: Still waiting for d factors cos i guessed U̶̲̥̅̊ just introduced D̶̲̥̅̊ topic and U̶̲̥̅̊ are yet to give us the factors. undecided
“I was hard on INEC because materials were not delivered to Edo south on time. There was no justifiable reason why that should happen given that there was only one election in Edo State and that materials have long been brought to the state.”
I think that is the poster point.
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by ektbear: 10:30am On Jul 16, 2012
1. more swag than his competitors
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by bejay766: 10:36am On Jul 16, 2012
Me believe that if the PDP governor (Lucky) had performed, PDP would have been
in control of the state.

1 Like

Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by donpeluchi(m): 10:38am On Jul 16, 2012
The writer just wants to stratch our throats. We all know why he won
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by adadivvy(f): 10:39am On Jul 16, 2012
Coming ur way soon.
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by dorleey(f): 10:40am On Jul 16, 2012
"I was hard on INEC because materials were not delivered to Edo south on time. There was no justifiable reason why that should happen given that there was only one election in Edo State and that materials have long been brought to the state.”
@ bawaa, can this qualify as a factor that led to oshiomole's victory? Smh!
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by ifihearam: 10:40am On Jul 16, 2012
The factors are as follows:
1 he worked hard to earn his re election
2 There were tangible evidence of infrastructural development visible to everyone
3 He paid his dues to the owners of the state e.g royal fathers and kingpins
4 He exposed his predecessor and showed that every state governor can work with limited allocation
Finally,he got the favor of the president

2 Likes

Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by dorleey(f): 10:44am On Jul 16, 2012
@ ifihearam, tnx fø̲̣̣я̅ presenting some of the factors.
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by Baawaa(m): 10:54am On Jul 16, 2012
dorleey: "I was hard on INEC because materials were not delivered to Edo south on time. There was no justifiable reason why that should happen given that there was only one election in Edo State and that materials have long been brought to the state.”
@ bawaa, can this qualify as a factor that led to oshiomole's victory? Smh!
From the poster that is what i can see as a point
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by Cyberconnect12: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2012
ortopazz: okay....

still waiting though!okay....

still waiting though!
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by jmaine: 11:04am On Jul 16, 2012
ifihearam: The factors are as follows:
1 he worked hard to earn his re election
2 There were tangible evidence of infrastructural development visible to everyone
3 He paid his dues to the owners of the state e.g royal fathers and kingpins
4 He exposed his predecessor and showed that every state governor can work with limited allocation
Finally,he got the favor of the president

The Oba of Benin endorsement sealed his victory . . . Papa dey always cherish pikin wey no dey cheat am and dey give am im correct dues as at when due grin
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by pheesayor(m): 12:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
1. Nigerians are now aware and conscious of who rules them
2. Adams have gathered love from Nigerians from his days at NLC and from his performance in the past four years
3. Monitoring was heavy which made rigging impossible, results of polling centers were broadcasted and some even had the final votes before INEC announced, with this even IWU wouldn't have been able to do anything else there would have been riots

I hope I got the factors right grin
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by jude33084(m): 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
pheesayor: 1. Nigerians are now aware and conscious of who rules them
2. Adams have gathered love from Nigerians from his days at NLC and from his performance in the past four years
3. Monitoring was heavy which made rigging impossible, results of polling centers were broadcasted and some even had the final votes before INEC announced, with this even IWU wouldn't have been able to do anything else there would have been riots

I hope I got the factors right grin

You try, I will score you an E tongue
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
Why will INEC not supply materials to Oredo LGA if they want a free and fair election?they knew if the Comrade loses that LGA,everything turns to a mess for him,if oshiomole hadn't voiced out,they'll rig the poll of that LGA,now i think he made sense in voiving out as early as possible.KUDOS
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by ifihearam: 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
@jmaine
It is not the oba's endorsement perse that sealed his victory ooo
Its the people and the president
The oba may bless and the president might decide to show his federal and unquestionable might,so who wins ni??

1 Like

Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by ektbear: 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
1. The rejection of the PDP/GEJ by the Oba
2. The rejection of the PDP/GEJ by the good people of Edo

In a sense, this election was a referendum on GEJ's tenure

And he performed woefully

1 Like

Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by greatgod2012(f): 1:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
dont forget d incumbency power issue,dt factor really helped a great deal.
Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by sasifo(m): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
OSHIO BABA RIDE ON WITH ANOTHER FOUR SOLID YEARS OF SOLID DEVELOPMENT AND ADVANCEMENT OF EDO STATE.YOU WILL SOON BECOME THE CLASS CAPTAIN OF ACN GOVS. GOOD RACE BABA.NO MORE FACELESS PDP IN EDO STATE. YOUR VICTORY CONFIRMED THAT PDP WERE STILL LIVING ON THEIR PAST GLORY WHICH HAVE VANISHED AWAY LONG AGO. OSHO BABA, YOU ARE NEW WINE IN A NEW BOTTLE. MA JOBA LOOOOOOOOOOOOO. EDO PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF USING 3310 IN THIS AGE OF IPOD, SMARTPHONE AND GALAXIE. RIDE ON MY DIGITAL GOVERNOR. OSHIO BABA.............................BABA.

1 Like

Re: Factors That Enhanced Oshiomhole’s Victory by Bright2(m): 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2012
Oshiomole won cos GEJ has made every one including the PDP members fedup with the party.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Is Broke, Can’t Pay Salary, Says Jega / Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School / Kwankwaso Commissions Orphans Scholarship Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.