Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

How Do I Handle This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle This? (897 Views)

My Cousin Is A Torn In My Mother's Flesh. How Do I Handle It? / How Can I Handle An Intruding Mother? / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle This? by nzenze2: 9:12am On Jul 16, 2012
Hello house,

please i need matured advice from the house..i have a problem that is currently giving me sleepless nights and am so disturbed.

i had an altercation with my boss...the man is found of giving me jobs with little or no tym...and he gives me these jobs with little or no tutorial...all he says is i should worry....i normally reach out to other experienced members of staff in our unit and they teach me what to do..

i have been performing well to the best of my ability and with little or no training.

my problem started last week Tuesday..i submitted my report for the day and all the guy could do was start heaping insults on me without even looking at the report..i just let off steam and gave him a piece of my mind..he was shocked and up till this moment he has not pushed any work to my desk...i have been idle since last week literally doing nothing in the office.

my immediate boss is just too rigid and too principled for my liking.the guy is not patient atall..always shouting and making mockery of one's effort..he shouts at any little mistake...even in the presence of our junior staff and youth corpers...its so annoying and irritating...i joined this company barely 4months ago and am already tired of the job...i even learnt that all the people that has worked with the guy resign within one year..

i really need matured advice on how to handle this issue as am not helping myself being idle..
Re: How Do I Handle This? by nikkyshyne(f): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2012
This reminds me of a job I got just recently. I went for the 1st interview. I noticed the secretary and other member of staffs kept panicking each time he calls them. I just didn't read meaning to it.

After the interview, I told some friends about the place of work and one of them was like "nikkyshyne, there is no way you can work with that man. 2 of his staffs absconded and the last 1 who happens to be her friend gave the boss a piece of his mind and requested for his salary for the month. I told her to give me the guy's number whom I called immediately and the guy advice me "Being a lady, you wouldn't wanna work with that kind of attitude from a boss. You will end up crying home everyday!"

On hearing this, my mind drifted to the way the members of staffs acted whenever he calls them. It wasn't up to 2 days after the information they called me for a second meeting. I told them immediately I have gotten another job.

Could it be the same firm(it is a real Estate firm).

My advice, just start applying elsewhere before you break his head and end up in prison. Lol
Re: How Do I Handle This? by feminineA: 12:40pm On Jul 16, 2012
Hello,
Sorry for what you are going through but why not repost in the career section?u will get better professional advise. One requires wisdom to deal with all this bosses.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
@OP
start looking for another job!

(1) (Reply)

World Top 15 Safest Places To Live / When Someone Asks You What Your Sisters Said About Her? / How Long Is This Going To Continue? A Case Of Rape, Cyber Bullying And Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.