Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic (12971 Views)

* / PPPRA Issues 42 Fuel Import Permits To Marketers / What Can I Import From USA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by burkutu: 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
So alhaji dahiru mangal is now legit, importing diesel from niger. Mangal is known in the north as naija's biggest smuggler. Yar adua was his close friend. The news then was that yaradua begged him to stopped smuggling because his activities were killing naija's industries esp textiles.in exchange,he was given oil import licences. Apparently, he collected the licences AND continued his smuggling. What we know for sure is that Mangal is one of naija's untouchables,in the same class with dangote.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Jabioro: 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
Bravo!!! Gud nation bad governance,carry on Nigerians import anytin importable.insult!
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
OMG! Niger of all places. So these big cabals have finally used our money to open a refinery in Niger all to deceive Nigerian masses that they are not the owners of the refinery. Now they are importing it to sell back to the federal government thereby bypassing the subsidy removed from their payments. God. These hausas self. They want to ruin this country. THE TALES OF A DYING NATION!
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by sessydoo(m): 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
Little wonder we have a negative balance of payment. Our import is greater than our export. No Country can survive with a consistent negative bal of payment. its just a matter of time. Make our leaders shine their eyes oooo. whatever they sow, they shall surely reap!
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by alahamad(m): 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
ifihearam: @dayokanu
I have exercised enoff patience to ignore ur foolish and dumb post but not anymore
How does this concern GEJ,is there no PPPRA,NNPC,minister of petroluem??should the president personally monitor these activities?pls grow up and be reasonable

If u are married, then am sure your wife controls u like a gutter-puppet....what that F*ck do u mean by asking if this concerns the retardeen....is he not the president?...or you expect this to concern your LovePeddler of a mother?....dude don't vex me or I'll make u check-out of NL nd never return....blady mofo...#iwantalk

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by carluva(m): 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2012
[quote author=NigeriaKwenu]HmmI wonder if one Nigerian will make heaven sef. Because i don't think God wants 1diots in heaven. Na waoo...fuel from Niger?

Hahahahahaha.....we go make heaven o abeg...!!
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Estrada(m): 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2012
See how Naija dey bring shame...
we choke our refineries to death,export our oil,import the refined products,divert it for sale to other nearby countries,collect subsidy money for it,create artificial scarcity,bribe a (some) mallam(s),then turn around to import from one of the most impoverished countries in God's green Earth. Very nicely done!!! Soon Niger will overtake us when it comes to the business of crude oil,just as Indonesia did as regards palm oil. I'm sure God must be shaking His head.
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Drfox(m): 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2012
giant of Africam,now d dawf of Africa shame to GEJ and d cabals killing our dear country.
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by dayokanu(m): 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
I have exercised enoff patience to ignore ur foolish and dumb post but not anymore
How does this concern GEJ,is there no PPPRA,NNPC,minister of petroluem??should the president personally monitor these activities?pls grow up and be reasonable

See this m0r0n. Asking what concerns a president in the affairs of a country.

What is his role as president? just to grin like a reetard eat 1 billion Casava bread and utter insane and extremely mor0nic statements like "Lets pray for criminals to confess"

Grow a brain or get someone to think for you
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by kokozain(m): 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2012
Judeoxide: somtyms i wonder how some ppl think.are u God..and what made u think u knw Gods mind..business men build refinary in niger who said it is niger government??some tym i c some posts here and its lyk.. oh my God..is dis realy human or is it a program just speakn ??importing from niger to me is even beter dan long distance..or is it becouse its niger.??de lowest of west africa??i think we are d main problem of d nation..our stupid pride is killin us..if u dont have something get it from dose dat have it..ohh because we are nigeria we cant import 4rum a poor country..we bring pains were dia is no pian and find fult were dia is non..to me its no big deal
guy u get it wrong compare d distance btw kaduna refinery and niger refinery to katsina. The question is why our refineries fail to work?
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
Its not advisable for the Government to build refineries due to corruption, Private companies are ready to delve into this investment. But as far as government keep subsidizing petroleum products, no one will venture into it cos of the low price regime. I say we remove subsidy so Private companies can find it enticing to invest. All in favor, please say HI !, the HI's have it.
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by dedeike: 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
Nobody should call GEJ here. He sought to withdraw subsidy inorder to create the right deregulated environment for private sector investments in refineries. However, the cabal mobilized labour to fight against it with pedestrian sentiments.
The truth which those oil cabal acting thru Waheed Omar and Esele failed to tell protesters is that no private investor will build a refinery in Nigeria under the present subsidy regime.
It is more favourable to import and benefit from subsidy claims than to take the risk to build refineries in a sector where govt regulates price.
Remove subsidy. Deregulate the sector. Allow the market forces of supply and demand to determine price. That is the sure way to go

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by AZeD1(m): 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
Were you not among those saying we should 'praise' GEJ for the elections in Edo?
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by idirect(m): 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
A-ZeD:

Were you not among those saying we should 'praise' GEJ for the elections in Edo?
I wonder Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo.
The eediooot is just everywhere defending the undefendable.
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by mekaboy(m): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2012
YOU WILL BE SHOCKED IF YOU INVESTIGATE THE REAL OWNERS OF THAT REFINERY . NO BE NIGERIAN POLITICIANS AGAIN? IF THEY DON'T HAVE SHARE IN IT, THEY WILL NEVER GIVE OUT LICENSE FOR IMPORT.
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by waja(m): 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
ebamma: niger republic?, what a shame,thank u mr olusegun obasanjo for this embarrasment.
. Eeeh, IBB, Abacha, Abdusalam and Buhari nko?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by chemashie(m): 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
Thank God air is not controlled by our govt, Nigerians would have been suffocated long time ago. We need to import better people from other countries.
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Emekamex(m): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2012
Nigeria is slowly getting worse because of our re.tarded president and corrupt leaders. I denouce being nigerian, 4uck jonathan, 4uck the north and 4uck all those hindering our development.
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by auwal87(m): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
gboss4sure: Soon nigeria will start importing anoda thing from somalia

You forget? It is already importing suicide bombing and piracy guide and trainers.
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by auwal87(m): 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
mekaboy: YOU WILL BE SHOCKED IF YOU INVESTIGATE THE REAL OWNERS OF THAT REFINERY . NO BE NIGERIAN POLITICIANS AGAIN? IF THEY DON'T HAVE SHARE IN IT, THEY WILL NEVER GIVE OUT LICENSE FOR IMPORT.

It is clearly mentioned;

60% Chinese
40% Niger Government

It doesn't matter who owns, political climate in Nigeria doesn't allow projects like this to be completed. If not, Nigeria would have been supplying to whole West and Central Africa.
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by tantan: 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
i wonder what is wrong with nija politicians, u will abuse them, shame, thiefs, corrupt etc but they dont mind
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Azidogen2: 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
THE NORTH HAS STARTED AGAIN? cheesy grin angry angry
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by erniok(m): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
gboss4sure: Soon nigeria will start importing anoda thing from somalia

Na today? We dey also import terrorism eg BH
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Clemzy16(m): 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2012
RIP Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by auwal87(m): 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2012
tantan: i wonder what is wrong with nija politicians, u will abuse them, shame, thiefs, corrutp but they dont mind

Because the only language they know is violence, kidnapping, and anything that can risk their lives.
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Siga: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2012
You would think by now....these bas.tards called Nigerian leaders would know we are smarter and knows what the h3ll goes on....u carry own money go open refinery outside con dey talk nonsense...na wa oo...If una die and no carry the money wey u steal go with una....una be bas.tard animals.... >:
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Emekamex(m): 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
I feel very sad that Jonathan still has to rule this country for the next three years.
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Pukkah: 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2012

Must you defend this President at all costs and by all means? So you're blaming the Minister of Petroleum, NNPC, PPPRA, etc but not the President? If all these agencies make the refineries work, won't you give the credit to the President?
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Siga: 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
... Bros/ Sis...no need to be angry...make i break am down for u....nothing as big as this will go without the Presidency knowing....haba...The President is like the Manager and all Ministers are like Supervisors....so...before Supervisor go ahead...Manager must approve now....even for US...Obama was on top of the Key pipeline to move oilsands from Canada to US....so...what are u saying....what u fail to realise is the refinery for Niger might even be owned by GEJ hinsef (Just sayin)....So...lets direct our anger towards these thieves...
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mark my words, I am not proud Nigeria imports fuel, and am certainly not a tribal bigot. But isn't it the southerners that were saying without niger delta oil that the north will perish? Well reality is already showing you that the north does have alternatives, that is if there is no oil in the north already. And the north also have economic advantage of easy access to the west african hinterlands through shared borders, and since most are deserts, the agricultural export pottential of the north is huge. So to my southern brothers, don't flatter yourselves, the north will be prosperous as ever without nd oil. grin cool

Now back to topic. I say kudos to niger republic for building a working refinery, and for now, let them also enjoy some of the excess money we seem to have in this country, atleast before 2015 when nigeria will likely get a progressive president who will reposition this country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by SmoothCrim: 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
Well this is good for integrating ECOWAS!

Would you rather buy it from Europe or others for twice the price
Re: Nigeria Begins Fuel Import From Niger Republic by sambos994(m): 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
DO WE NOT HAVE REFINERIES TO BE FIXED!!! angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Experience With Paylater.com / Bank Recapitalisation: Presidency Backs CBN, Investors Rush For Mega-Banks Stock / CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.