Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,797 members, 7,851,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC (9714 Views)

Nnpc’s Unremitted Funds To Federation Account Are N4.9trn – RMAFC / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / A Senator Earns N12m Yearly - RMAFC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by akagaba(f): 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2012
ebamma: i pray God gives them the fortitude to bear the loss
Amen o.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by akagaba(f): 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
betrani: Even with the so much wealth! Akwa-ibomites prefer it in calabar! they have collected everythin from Cross River! the most annoying thing is their guts in Calabar, from the typical taxi cab driver on the street through neighbors to visitors; their animalistic tendencies prevail! I wish this motherfuckers would try this shit down my LGA! where we don't take any crap! we place motherfuckers where they belong! my brothers in benue can attest to this! And because this lazy bunch of assholes prevented we in the northern part of Cross River for testing power over 42years now, its coming back so hard on them! we know the directions around this state better than any one else! if it wasn't for a close family friend who gave donald duke the compass, he wouldn't have know hw things work around here! All we know is hw to sale our brothers out! Goats! and that chimp of a fool(OBJ), that Criminal of a tout(Don Duke) and that fool of a lesbian (Giwa) You all will reap ur harvest for sowing seeds of weakedness! Bunch Of Fuckers!!!!
May God deliver u frm ths madnes and dumbnes. Il advice u visit T.b Joshua cus ur case is a bad one. Im sure u dnt even undastand d rubbish u ar vomiting. Iliteracy is truly a disease. Guy, accept my sympathy.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
siddiq202:
what would he do if I may ask? what if the oil rigs are truly Akwa Ibom's?

I think some of us do not understand the genesis of this 76 oil wells. . .they rightly belonged to Cross River until the boundary readjustment as a consequence of the Judgement from the Hague. We were not bound to obey that judgement and Dr. Okoi Arikpo would have influenced OBJ against ceding Bakassi to the Camerouns.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Raimond(m): 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr. Wise:
m so pissed at these Akwa ibom people. They are everywhere in CRS and won't allow us enjoy what is legitimately ours. Now the SC has ceded our 76 oil wells to you, would that satisfy you? Hell NO! Come and see thousands of them in CRS civil service, Unical, Cab operators etc. They even compete with CRS for students' bursary of CRS.

They have practically taken over CRS, no thanks to the snail-like governor Imoke who would not borrow a leaf from T.A. Orji of Abia state and put these people where they belong.

They come to Lagos and claim Calabar people ...Gosh. Meanwhile they are all from Akwa Ibom which is not the same as Calabar.

God help CRS from these parasites ...

I made the above post after the SC ceded our 76 oil wells to these imbecilic creatures.

You sound so tribalistic...This is century 21...You can do better...FYI I am not a calabar man...I'm Akwa Ibom proper and I care to make that distinction at every opportunity I get to do so, not based on tribe but simple geography. *I understand your pain.Don't worry, we'll bring our money to spend there so we can help your economy*
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by akagaba(f): 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
mu2sa2: In the spirit of brotherliness, cant Akwa Ibom relinquish even 1,yes one, oil well to the good people of Cross River.The Supreme Court justices ar human beings and as we all know humans can be influenced by all sorts of considerations. But even if the judgment is 100% correct AKS should be magnanimous in this incongruous victory.
That is wat d state shud hav done rather than draggng it 2court. Nw d court has given d final judgement and "d winner takes it all" its too late my dear.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by akagaba(f): 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
bashr8: lol that will be very confusing, naija is just messed up.
Its ur father's house and ur entire generation that is messed. Son of a bitch.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2012
akagaba: May God deliver u frm ths madnes and dumbnes. Il advice u visit T.b Joshua cus ur case is a bad one. Im sure u dnt even undastand d rubbish u ar vomiting. Iliteracy is truly a disease. Guy, accept my sympathy.

If you can't contribute meaningfully to this discourse, why don't you keep mum instead of insulting a person you'll probably never meet? It shows how 'intelligent' you are!
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by akagaba(f): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
Billyonaire: Cross Riverians are lackluster in their quests, you hardly see a Cross Riverian on the street hussling, they are very comfortable with their lifestyles which is bad. The streets of Calabar are adorned with houses belonging to the people of Akwa Ibom State, a sister state that was once part of Cross River state. The said Oil wells, belong to Akwa Ibom by virtue of geographical location. Cross River State went to court without a map and AKS went to court with a map only for Cross Riverians to say the map is fake. Thats a shame. OBJ singlehandedly gave away Bakassi, and cross riverians relocated peacefully out of their ancestrial land without a fight. What a peace loving people. Even Calabar, the Capital of Cross River, majority of the investments are owned by Akwa Ibomites. Cross River needs collective mental adjustment and business prowess. Congrats to the hardworking people of Akwa Ibom State. Cross River should wake up, there is more to life than contentment.
I like ths, u ar too much.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Raimond(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
akagaba: That is wat d state shud hav done rather than draggng it 2court. Nw d court has given d final judgement and "d winner takes it all" its too late my dear.
I strongly share this position...Something has got to give, for the sake of brotherliness.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Limaoscar: 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
You're just angry for nothing, the two states were one for years and it's normal for Akwa Ibomites to be present in Calabar just like Anambra people are present in Enugu and it will remain the same for eternity. They outnumber Efiks and you can't lay the blame solely on Efiks because your people sat back too, didn't they?

Moreover, no one stopped your people from Uyo.

@Obiagu1,
While I do not totally agree with every one of His post, I think He's shown decent signs that He understands the Geography and ofcourse the demography of His area.
He is from Ogoja and perharps close to the Idomas,the Tivs or the Igbos in Abakaliki....It's a real nightmare these days getting from His Province to Calabar (His state capital)...t's always been a painful journey anyways....way back, two decades ago, it was like 4hours.....4 good hours from His area to the so-called capital on a narrow, but busy road.

Ogoja is one of the oldest provinces left in Nigeria that a state has not been carved out from. They are the food basket of the state. Hard working, friendly, ambitious, Educated, but have been bunched-up in a strange relationship with people who consider them as "BUSH PEOPLE" simply because they are from the up-land and did not see civilisation as early as their fellows from down South. His pains even though a bit incoherent sometimes come in different flavors.

I hear him screaming sell-out by some elite politicians in His state, I hear him him scream attitude of the people in the centre of this so-called injustices and I hear him ventting His own frustration at a people whom He thinks should show some understanding(The Akwa-ibomites) understandably so, because He does not understand the Politics of oil and the complexities of the the Akwa-Ibomites themselves.

Akwa-Ibom may also be re-acting to the fact that they lost some oil wells to Rivers state sometime ago (not sure under what circumstance though).

It is a lot more complicated than it is on the surface....and the loss of Bakassi was even traced to Yak Jack Gowon wayyyyy....back before Obj. If we want to delve into Bakasi and how we lost it...we all will be very ashamed weather you're from Cross River or not.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by bashr8: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr. Wise:
m so pissed at these Akwa ibom people. They are everywhere in CRS and won't allow us enjoy what is legitimately ours. Now the SC has ceded our 76 oil wells to you, would that satisfy you? Hell NO! Come and see thousands of them in CRS civil service, Unical, Cab operators etc. They even compete with CRS for students' bursary of CRS.

They have practically taken over CRS, no thanks to the snail-like governor Imoke who would not borrow a leaf from T.A. Orji of Abia state and put these people where they belong.

They come to Lagos and claim Calabar people ...Gosh. Meanwhile they are all from Akwa Ibom which is not the same as Calabar.

God help CRS from these parasites ...

I made the above post after the SC ceded our 76 oil wells to these imbecilic creatures.
na wa oo
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by bluejeff(m): 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
When i heard the news, i really felt bad, after bakassi then this. I think imoke should think deep and look for other means to generate revenue to the state. Tourism or agriculture would be ideal. But wait o, what if the judgement was in favour of C/R and then we eventually get our ogoja state we are craving for, who go get the oil ?
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
Limaoscar:

@Obiagu1,
While I do not totally agree with every one of His post, I think He's shown decent signs that He understands the Geography and ofcourse the demography of His area.
He is from Ogoja and perharps close to the Idomas,the Tivs or the Igbos in Abakaliki....It's a real nightmare these days getting from His Province to Calabar (His state capital)...t's always been a painful journey anyways....way back, two decades ago, it was like 4hours.....4 good hours from His area to the so-called capital on a narrow, but busy road.

Ogoja is one of the oldest provinces left in Nigeria that a state has not been carved out from. They are the food basket of the state. Hard working, friendly, ambitious, Educated, but have been bunched-up in a strange relationship with people who consider them as "BUSH PEOPLE" simply because they are from the up-land and did not see civilisation as early as their fellows from down South. His pains even though a bit incoherent sometimes come in different flavors.

I hear him screaming sell-out by some elite politicians in His state, I hear him him scream attitude of the people in the centre of this so-called injustices and I hear him ventting His own frustration at a people whom He thinks should show some understanding(The Akwa-ibomites) understandably so, because He does not understand the Politics of oil and the complexities of the the Akwa-Ibomites themselves.

Akwa-Ibom may also be re-acting to the fact that they lost some oil wells to Rivers state sometime ago (not sure under what circumstance though).

It is a lot more complicated than it is on the surface....and the loss of Bakassi was even traced to Yak Jack Gowon wayyyyy....back before Obj. If we want to delve into Bakasi and how we lost it...we all will be very ashamed weather you're from Cross River or not.
+10000000.

You do understand the politics and geography of the area. For instance, am from UGEP in the central and we condemned strongly the ceding of part of Nigeria to Cameroun.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by akagaba(f): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
Raimond:

You sound so tribalistic...This is century 21...You can do better...FYI I am not a calabar man...I'm Akwa Ibom proper and I care to make that distinction at every opportunity I get to do so, not based on tribe but simple geography. *I understand your pain.Don't worry, we'll bring our money to spend there so we can help your economy*
Hahahahaha. Very funny bt i like it. Its true, pls do help d economy as uv said oo cus i stay in calabar. Nice one.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by akagaba(f): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
Limaoscar:

@Obiagu1,

Ths post is too long. No patience 2read all. Alwaz learn 2summarise. Thank u.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by siddiq202(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr. Wise:

I think some of us do not understand the genesis of this 76 oil wells. . .they rightly belonged to Cross River until the boundary readjustment as a consequence of the Judgement from the Hague. We were not bound to obey that judgement and Dr. Okoi Arikpo would have influenced OBJ against ceding Bakassi to the Camerouns.
what if he (Dr. Oki Arikpo) was never born?
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by CHAIRMAN1(m): 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
Raimond:

You're just an idiota. Don't hide behind a computer and spew rubbish and feel a curse cannot locate you where you are. As wicked as ur governor is that's how you all supporting the judgment are. Go search the bible for the reward of the wicked.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
siddiq202:
what if he (Dr. Oki Arikpo) was never bo
rn?

Then OBJ wouldn't have been born too to cede a part of Nigeria to foreigners!
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Demdem(m): 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2012
I think cross-rivers should be merged with Akwa-Ibom. This is one of the excess states we have in this country
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by EPOMA(m): 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2012
crusifis: ONLY IF THEY HAD SUPPORTED THE BIAFRA CAUSE, THE TRAGEDY WOULDN'T HAVE BEFALLEN THEM, SUCH A PITY
you are very st.upid, ignorance, where was N U Akpan from, WHere was general Ekpo from, Where was Effiong from. My mum was a mojor in the Biafran army, Silly
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
Raimond:

I have since confined you to the cesspit of ignominous history!
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by EPOMA(m): 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
Raimond:
We've never been true friends with Cross Riverians, we've only tolerated ourselves over the years. *BitterTruth*

Another angle to the story is that, the former governor of Akwa Ibom, Victor Attah, knew of this matter and allowed Cross River to keep the wells (Political solution).But when Godswill Akpabio came, he thought otherwise, and revisited the case, just to spite Gov. Attah...Both states should return to the negotiating table and revisit the political option as 'brothers'. *My humble opinion*
Godswill is a thief, all this issues came up after he bribed the boundary commision with 400 million naira and the tried to see the slow poke imoke and to no avail and just ceded the wells to akwa ibom state .they now went to court without enough evidence
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Raimond(m): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
CHAIRMAN1:
You're just an idiota. Don't hide behind a computer and spew rubbish and feel a curse cannot locate you where you are. As wicked as ur governor is that's how you all supporting the judgment are. Go search the bible for the reward of the wicked.
You're a much bigger full a total idiot...because if you read through the post you would have noticed that i was here shouting for the two states to come to some kind of resolution, howbeit polically, just like the governors in the previous regime did...Until some Dr, so called came and started raining unnecessary insults.And from the back waters of bakassi or wherever you show your face here to display this level idiocy...Go read the thread again before displaying any further buffoonery...Curse ke.Na wa for social media o!
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2012
Calabar boys just stop being lazy and get busy they only function well as touts[s][/s] lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
I no blame you
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by gregg2: 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
This will be an unneccessary provocation on
the most peace loving state in Nigeria. Why?
Must every part of Nigeria be provoked to take to militancy?

Cross River should be left alone.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Lachynos2k2(m): 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
durin my school days , a classmate of mine from crossriver was laffin at me cos he thinks my state (imo) has no oil..abeg make una tell me who laff last..its a pity crs
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by solomon111(m): 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
The Niger-delta brotherhood is beyond oil.
Though they may have lost their oil wells, they will always remain a core Niger-delta state.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by ubcandid(m): 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
Jeez, stop wynning like a little baby cross river. You were lucky you even had the oil wells for a while. What of the rest of the states of nigeria that doesn't have oil and 13% derivation? It just means you joined the non oil club like majority of nigerian states. Whether you take it as a challenge and actually look inwards and develop non oil sectors or sit back and keep crying like other state governors while doing nothing, that's your choice. Btw, did Australia use magic to develop without oil? did Britain use magic? what of germany, spain, italy e.t.c Oil isn't everything angry angry angry hup into your tractor, put on your construction helmet and boots, put on your gas mask and helmet and go back to the mines... Go to work/ get to work

1 Like

Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by akagaba(f): 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2012
EPOMA:
Godswill is a thief, all this issues came up after he bribed the boundary commision with 400 million naira and the tried to see the slow poke imoke and to no avail and just ceded the wells to akwa ibom state .they now went to court without enough evidence
Cal him wateva u want 2call him. Oil wells hav been ceded to Akwa Ibom and thats final. If u dnt like it like that, then go and hug transformer. Baboon.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by akagaba(f): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
EPOMA:
Cal him wateva u want 2call him. Oil wells hav been ceded to Akwa Ibom and thats final. If u dnt like it like that, then go and hug transformer. Babo.on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West / Court Freezes N350m Traced To Patience Jonathan / Wamakko, Ahmed Aliyu Deny Calling Governor Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.