Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,798 members, 7,851,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC (9715 Views)

Nnpc’s Unremitted Funds To Federation Account Are N4.9trn – RMAFC / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / A Senator Earns N12m Yearly - RMAFC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by bashr8: 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2012
haba .thank God donald duke invested a lot into tourism, i guess he saw this coming.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by mydozie: 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2012
It's really unfair! D supreme court erred in judgment n shld hav considered substance over form.All is a scam aimed at politically dividing d southt south.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by bashr8: 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
NigeriaKwenu: Does it mean that Cross River is no longer a Niger Delta state?
lol that will be very confusing, naija is just messed up.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by NigeriaKwenu(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2012
betrani: You wouldn't know what humans we are dealing with here! "GREED" is the watch word and I deal description! if cross river never had money to tailor judges in their favour one wouldn't have thought the verdict to be otherwise! tailored maps, tailored judges, tailored chimps, tailor criminals all! I just blame the people of cross river for all these mishap! these people are too soft! Even softer than pulp! Imagine people leaving the land of bakassi to OBJ, DUKE AND GIWA! Obj had guts to cede that land out and the rest of Nigeria never shouted! As if He used some charms on us! And the Governor isn't helping matters! So dizzy, can't even think of preventive measures before bubbles burst! I pity these fucktards! the prefer poverty! I guess
The ceding of Bakkassi to Cameroon still pains me till today even though i'm not from CR. It's really painful. How can you just cede a land that's occupied by people. I wonder if OBJ wouldn't have done same if he was from there. Wicked people.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by bashr8: 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
betrani: Even with the so much wealth! Akwa-ibomites prefer it in calabar! they have collected everythin from Cross River! the most annoying thing is their guts in Calabar, from the typical taxi cab driver on the street through neighbors to visitors; their animalistic tendencies prevail! I wish this motherfuckers would try this shit down my LGA! where we don't take any crap! we place motherfuckers where they belong! my brothers in benue can attest to this! And because this lazy bunch of assholes prevented we in the northern part of Cross River for testing power over 42years now, its coming back so hard on them! we know the directions around this state better than any one else! if it wasn't for a close family friend who gave donald duke the compass, he wouldn't have know hw things work around here! All we know is hw to sale our brothers out! Goats! and that chimp of a fool(OBJ), that Criminal of a tout(Don Duke) and that fool of a lesbian (Giwa) You all will reap ur harvest for sowing seeds of weakedness! Bunch Of Fuckers!!!!
take it easy ,you guys are brothers at least to the rest of nigerians.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by bashr8: 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
mu2sa2: In the spirit of brotherliness, cant Akwa Ibom relinquish even 1,yes one, oil well to the good people of Cross River.The Supreme Court justices ar human beings and as we all know humans can be influenced by all sorts of considerations. But even if the judgment is 100% correct AKS should be magnanimous in this incongruous victory.
brotherliness only exist on the internet by internet warriors who try to pant a rosey pictures(including me), in real life its all man to himself.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2012
Cross Riverians are lackluster in their quests, you hardly see a Cross Riverian on the street hussling, they are very comfortable with their lifestyles which is bad. The streets of Calabar are adorned with houses belonging to the people of Akwa Ibom State, a sister state that was once part of Cross River state. The said Oil wells, belong to Akwa Ibom by virtue of geographical location. Cross River State went to court without a map and AKS went to court with a map only for Cross Riverians to say the map is fake. Thats a shame. OBJ singlehandedly gave away Bakassi, and cross riverians relocated peacefully out of their ancestrial land without a fight. What a peace loving people. Even Calabar, the Capital of Cross River, majority of the investments are owned by Akwa Ibomites. Cross River needs collective mental adjustment and business prowess. Congrats to the hardworking people of Akwa Ibom State. Cross River should wake up, there is more to life than contentment.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by NigeriaKwenu(m): 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
bashr8: take it easy ,you guys are brothers at least to the rest of nigerians.
I don't think the guy is from Calabar. I think he's from the northern part of CR. I understand his pain though.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by NigeriaKwenu(m): 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
Billyonaire: Cross Riverians are lackluster in their quests, you hardly see a Cross Riverian on the street hussling, they are very comfortable with their lifestyles which is bad. The streets of Calabar are adorned with houses belonging to the people of Akwa Ibom State, a sister state that was once part of Cross River state. The said Oil wells, belong to Akwa Ibom by virtue of geographical location. Cross River State went to court without a map and AKS went to court with a map only for Cross Riverians to say the map is fake. Thats a shame. OBJ singlehandedly gave away Bakassi, and cross riverians relocated peacefully out of their ancestrial land without a fight. What a peace loving people. Even Calabar, the Capital of Cross River, majority of the investments are owned by Akwa Ibomites. Cross River needs collective mental adjustment and business prowess. Congrats to the hardworking people of Akwa Ibom State. Cross River should wake up, there is more to life than contentment.
You're right. It's funny that the people most people call calabar are actually Akwa-Ibomites because Calabar people rarely travel out of their abode. They're comfortable the way they are.

Afam4eva(pls help me get unbanned)
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Obiagu1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2012
Instead of deleting Cross River State from the list of "Niger Delta" states, I hereby move a motion that Cross River and Akwa Ibom states be merged again.
This problem was caused by unnecessary balkanisation and has created problems between brothers. sad
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
OBJ is a devil, he has mess this ppl up, can he give away Badagry to Benin rep??, now everybody is bleeping them even Akwa Ibom there brother that was carved out of them, this pathetic...OBJ can u give away a western land, AWO started it and you finished it angry
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by bashr8: 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
its good they invested in tourism. as if they knew this would happen .
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by betrani(m): 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
Billyonaire: Cross Riverians are lackluster in their quests, you hardly see a Cross Riverian on the street hussling, they are very comfortable with their lifestyles which is bad. The streets of Calabar are adorned with houses belonging to the people of Akwa Ibom State, a sister state that was once part of Cross River state. The said Oil wells, belong to Akwa Ibom by virtue of geographical location. Cross River State went to court without a map and AKS went to court with a map only for Cross Riverians to say the map is fake. Thats a shame. OBJ singlehandedly gave away Bakassi, and cross riverians relocated peacefully out of their ancestrial land without a fight. What a peace loving people. Even Calabar, the Capital of Cross River, majority of the investments are owned by Akwa Ibomites. Cross River needs collective mental adjustment and business prowess. Congrats to the hardworking people of Akwa Ibom State. Cross River should wake up, there is more to life than contentment.
The efiks are the ones giving us this bad name! Where I come from; we re not as lazy as the are around here! we hate the "sit-tight and hands folded attitude" While they were busy calling us name; "ATAM" (meaning bush men) these criminals were busy stealing their belongins because they were comfortable right from day one! you can count the number of efiks in school! you can count the number of houses owned by the efiks! but we the atams as they call us came late but we are holding-out and strong in our strive to rule! nw their laziness has led them into pain!
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Raimond(m): 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
stolen stone: cross riverians go hate akwa ibomites for life ooooo! Choi!!! That state don hear am oo, first it was bakassi to cameroun, now na d last surviving series of oil wells lost to their sister state-akwa ibom! Now d beaf continues!!
We've never been true friends with Cross Riverians, we've only tolerated ourselves over the years. *BitterTruth*

Another angle to the story is that, the former governor of Akwa Ibom, Victor Attah, knew of this matter and allowed Cross River to keep the wells (Political solution).But when Godswill Akpabio came, he thought otherwise, and revisited the case, just to spite Gov. Attah...Both states should return to the negotiating table and revisit the political option as 'brothers'. *My humble opinion*
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Amari(f): 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
Sensationalism and sentimentalism has neva don much good to d truth,if all d oil wells truly belong to AKS,den let it be so and not beatin up sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Obiagu1(m): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2012
betrani: The efiks are the ones giving us this bad name! Where I come from; we re not as lazy as the are around here! we hate the "sit-tight and hands folded attitude" While they were busy calling us name; "ATAM" (meaning bush men) these criminals were busy stealing their belongins because they were comfortable right from day one! you can count the number of efiks in school! you can count the number of houses owned by the efiks! but we the atams as they call us came late but we are holding-out and strong in our strive to rule! nw their laziness has led them into pain!

You're just angry for nothing, the two states were one for years and it's normal for Akwa Ibomites to be present in Calabar just like Anambra people are present in Enugu and it will remain the same for eternity. They outnumber Efiks and you can't lay the blame solely on Efiks because your people sat back too, didn't they?

Moreover, no one stopped your people from Uyo.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Raimond(m): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2012
Amari: Sensationalism and sentimentalism has neva don much good to d truth,if all d oil wells truly belong to AKS,den let it be so and not beatin up sentiments.
This can be resolved amicably with a political solution between the two states...I don't want Betrani giving me a whupping anytime I hit Calabar for my fun tingz! grin grin
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Obiagu1(m): 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
Raimond:
This can be resolved amicably with a political solution between the two states...I don't want Betrani giving me a whupping anytime I hit Calabar for my fun tingz! grin grin

Which other political solution other than merger of the two states?
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Ndata(m): 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
This reminds me of Abia state.What is the T Orji doing to recover all Abia oil wells wrongfully ceded to Rivers?I know Abia has recovered some,but there are still many more left to recover.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
bashr8: lol that will be very confusing, naija is just messed up.

Yes.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by JimmyBoy1: 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2012
My best guess is that Cross River has already issued bonds amounting to billions of Naira, this development will really starve the state as there loan repayments will be deducted from the source, by the AGF.

I expect them to embark on serious IGR and also look for alternatives to oil money.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Ndata(m): 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
I think Akwa ibom was able to achieve this feat because follow the link
https://www.nairaland.com/92856/oil-politics-abia-teaches-akwa
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
. . . Over a judgement we were not bound to obey from the Hague.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Omen100(m): 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
boysy: Why is Cross River being treated in dis manner? D other time OBJ hurriedly give out very cheaply Bakassi Peninsular to Cameroun leaving d Bakassi indigen stranded in thier fathers land, while the state lost d oil wells as well. But even without oil Cross River still remain one of d best tourist, neat and ever green state in Nigeria. Just make out time to visit Calabar u'll marvel.

dey console youself there with carry talk 1st. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Raimond(m): 4:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
Obiagu1:

Which other political solution other than merger of the two states?
Seriously...It's been done before, between Governors Attah and Duke....Just let Cross River keep some of the wells.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
A 'committee' should be set up to probe the loss of 76 oil wells.
We need to get to the bottom of this and fish out the culprits as soon as possible.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
m so pissed at these Akwa ibom people. They are everywhere in CRS and won't allow us enjoy what is legitimately ours. Now the SC has ceded our 76 oil wells to you, would that satisfy you? Hell NO! Come and see thousands of them in CRS civil service, Unical, Cab operators etc. They even compete with CRS for students' bursary of CRS.

They have practically taken over CRS, no thanks to the snail-like governor Imoke who would not borrow a leaf from T.A. Orji of Abia state and put these people where they belong.

They come to Lagos and claim Calabar people ...Gosh. Meanwhile they are all from Akwa Ibom which is not the same as Calabar.

God help CRS from these parasites ...

I made the above post after the SC ceded our 76 oil wells to these imbecilic creatures.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Obiagu1(m): 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
Raimond:
Seriously...It's been done before, between Governors Attah and Duke....Just let Cross River keep some of the wells.

No political solution will last because a dissatisfied Governor will overturn it. It's only merger that could be permanent.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by tpia5: 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2012
Meanwhile they are all from Akwa Ibom which is not the same as Calabar

can someone explain the difference because it sounds like a gambari and fulani situation to me.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
It is a big shame on the likes of Dr. Joseph Wayas . . .

An embarassment to the late Dr. M.T. Mbu . . . At times I wish Dr. Okoi Arikpo was alive because there is no way this monumental miscarriage of justice would have been possible in his watchful eyes!
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by siddiq202(m): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr. Wise:
It is a big shame on the likes of Dr. Joseph Wayas . . .

An embarassment to the late Dr. M.T. Mbu . . . At times I wish Dr. Okoi Arikpo was alive because there is no way this monumental miscarriage of justice would have been possible in his watchful eyes!
what would he do if I may ask? what if the oil rigs are truly Akwa Ibom's?
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by akagaba(f): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
gboss4sure: Nawa ooo. Dat court wicked. They should divide the oil well into 2 na and give one to cross river and the other to akwa ibom ayaya. Am sure indigines of cross river won't take it lightly. I no wan see another plateau state
If d indigenes of cros River wont b hapy, then let them go and fight d magistrate and court 4d final judgement na. Its just funny that i own smthng and u take me 2court ova my property, to take it frm me? Neva. They shud hav thought twice or embark on friendly negotiation. But 4me and my house. We ar crazy abt d riches above and nt ths earthly one that is temporary. Seriously.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fela Kuti Charged With Armed Robbery And Severely Beaten By Buhari (pic) / Plateau State Government Declares Curfew In 7 Lgas Over Attack / Dapchi- Freed Schoolgirls Sing The National Anthem As Buhari Receives Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.