Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,919 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:00 PM

I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole (6771 Views)

APC Wouldn’t Have Won Without Tinubu –Buhari / PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists / Jonathan Will Win Saturday’s Presidential Election With Big Margin- Nuhu Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 17, 2012
Na wa ooooo, see haters. Love him or hate, he is a victor. The man has done something never before seen in Nigerian politics.

There were 1.6 million registered voters and only 600,000 voted. Common sense. All these babies on nairaland politics section. Always ranting without thinking.
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 17, 2012
blink182: Na wa ooooo, see haters. Love him or hate, he is a victor. The man has done something never before seen in Nigerian politics.

There were 1.6 million registered voters and only 600,000 voted. Common sense. All these babies on nairaland politics section. Always ranting without thinking.
Why call us babies on Nairaland naw. Are you gonna take freedom of speech from all of us, Mr. grown man.
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Okijajuju1(m): 11:11am On Jul 17, 2012
blink182: Na wa ooooo, see haters. Love him or hate, he is a victor. The man has done something never before seen in Nigerian politics.

And whats your point?!

he could also have lost by a wide margin if the remaining 1million voted for PDP..

Osho should shut the fhuck up and get to geverning his state..
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by dannysoya: 11:25am On Jul 17, 2012
CHRIST. Can't this dude ever shut up? You won. Are you not happy? Just continue what you did in your first term and forget about stupid things like "margin" Sheesh.
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 17, 2012
Billyonaire: Why call us babies on Nairaland naw. Are you gonna take freedom of speech from all of us, Mr. grown man.
That was not my intention, just be constructive even at bashing.

Okija_juju:

And whats your point?!

he could also have lost by a wide margin if the remaining 1million voted for PDP..

Osho should shut the fhuck up and get to geverning his state..
I do not believe that was a typo. Go and learn before you take on me and stop making conclusions based on faulty premise-it makes a bigger m. oron out of you more than anyone can ever do grin .
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Zikkyy(m): 11:42am On Jul 17, 2012
Okija_juju: Im not surprised.. Edo people are part Yoruba.. They talk too darn fhucking much....

Maybe you don't like oshiomole, but it's not enough justification for the comment above.
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 17, 2012
Zikkyy:

Maybe you don't like oshiomole, but it's not enough justification for the comment above.
Its a trait of PDP boys, always making a case out of sentimental issues.
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by crackhouse(m): 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2012
10Billion: Why was you banned? I sincerely hope all those useless moderators are not been sentimental base on tribe.
are u related to patience?
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by hydeenoble(m): 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2012
oshiomhole olojukokoro, u won chop d wider margin
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by crackhouse(m): 12:12pm On Jul 17, 2012
I heard on radio that PDP are threatening to file a case against him and they also said the dude is not qualified to govern Edo state, stressing that he had only standard six cert and other certs on labour-related professional courses which they said can't be equated to mininum required Sec. School cert set by INEC as one of the determinants of candidates' eligibility to contest for guber position in Nigeria. Who knows? Maybe they{PDP} will make a good case outta it.
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 17, 2012
crackhouse: are u related to patience?
Hahahahha... Patience Jonathan na is mama sister... I Lafin in Osho-Imole (wizard of Light).
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Azumy(f): 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
crackhouse: are u related to patience?
hahaha
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by rasputinn(m): 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
Loud-mouthed,half-confident politician.Now you're creating the concept of a sore winner
Oshiomhole,enough of all the talk already,let's hope your second term wont be like that of BRF
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by geeotabor(m): 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2012
Just continue to give us aura leadership..........
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2012
GEJ and Oshiom-hole(like my oyibo friend will call him) are good pals. He wholeheartedly supported and campaigned for GEJ's candidacy during the presidential elections last year. I don't see any cogent reason why GEJ would wanna backstab him
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by basadenet: 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
After winning the election he still have the effrontery to complain about Margin. Is it not the same Oshiomole that was tongue lashing Prof Atahiru Jega, accusing him of trying to rig him out. Power they sweet like honey.
May God forgive Adams Oshiomole.
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by aikuda(m): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2012
I don't mean to insult anyone, but I have to say that there are very many daft comments being made regarding this issue. Do people even read before making comments? They asked him a question and he responded. Which one is talk too much. Besides how is what he is saying not registering. He said it is not about just winning the election. That it should be about the process of the election, and that perhaps he may have had a wider margin if INEC did their job properly. He was looking at from broader perspective of the way elections are conducted in Nigeria. As he rightly said, this about the future of democracy in Nigeria. He said being a governor is not big of a deal as having true democracy in the country.

Come to think of, how is it possible that Benin city will not have election materials when villages 2 to 3 hours from Benin will have election materials. And you are supposed to pass through Benin before you get those villages. Could it be that it is because Oshiomoles base is stronger in bein with over 55% of to voters? How What excuse does INEC have not being able to properly conduct election in just one state? If you read the comments properly, you probably will make more sense when you repsond.
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by veraponpo(m): 1:36pm On Jul 17, 2012
@Okija Juju.

I am not surprised at your comment. U have already called yourself juju. Never in your life mention Yoruba like that, any way you belong tp a tribe that borrow from others. Who talks more than the Ibos who:
(1) Has no leader- all of them want to be number 1- Ochendo 1, Omalicha 1, blalala 1;
(2) All of them talk before they think- Ojukwu started a war he could not finish, wasted lives and ran away;
(3) All of them are group of criminals and robbers-Nzeribe, to Okadigbo, Payus Ayim, etc.

Set of idiots. Pls if you want respect for your tribe pls learn how to respect others.

Bunch of strangers.

1 Like

Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by DammyFx: 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2012
Wonder what this thread is doing on the front page .. He already won.. This no longer important to us
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by eamon360(m): 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2012
If u talk u go die, if u no talk u go die. Oshio baba kip on talking. All haters of oshiomole chop shit and die! Kproop!
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Okijajuju1(m): 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
blink182: That was not my intention, just be constructive even at bashing.

I do not believe that was a typo. Go and learn before you take on me and stop making conclusions based on faulty premise-it makes a bigger m. oron out of you more than anyone can ever do grin .

I saw that error after I had posted it, thought of correcting it but said 'what the heck', they will realize its a typo.. I guessed wrong!!
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Okijajuju1(m): 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
veraponpo: @Okija Juju.

I am not surprised at your comment. U have already called yourself juju. Never in your life mention Yoruba like that, any way you belong tp a tribe that borrow from others. Who talks more than the Ibos who:
(1) Has no leader- all of them want to be number 1- Ochendo 1, Omalicha 1, blalala 1;
(2) All of them talk before they think- Ojukwu started a war he could not finish, wasted lives and ran away;
(3) All of them are group of criminals and robbers-Nzeribe, to Okadigbo, Payus Ayim, etc.

Set of idiots. Pls if you want respect for your tribe pls learn how to respect others.

Bunch of strangers.

I guess you are one of those left behind during Awolowos free education scheme for the Yorubas.. Be it far from me to be the one to educate you.. You are absolutely not worth the effort.. Keep talking shit like Oshomole.. cool
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by vanstanzy(m): 2:58pm On Jul 17, 2012
supereagle: BARELY 24 hours after he was declared winner of the Saturday governorship poll, Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, said he would have won with a wider margin. The governor said this on Monday after a dramatic appearance at the Presidential Villa.

Oshiomhole arrived at the Council Chambers while the swearing-in of the new Chief Justice of Nigeria, Aloma Mukhtar, was rounding off and stood at the entrance where attendees at the inauguration of Mukhtar congratulated the re-elected Edo governor for his victory at the poll.

Dignitaries, including minister and chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party whose candidate was defeated in the election, took turns to shake hands with Oshiomhole.

The Edo governor followed then President Goodluck Jonathan back to his office. He entered the President’s office at 11.30 am and came out 30 minutes after.

The details of the governor’s meeting with the President were not made known to journalists.

While briefing journalists after his closed door session with the President on Monday, Oshiomhole boasted that but for the initial hiccups recorded in the early stage of the Saturday election, he would have won with a wider margin.

“The number could have been higher than that if materials had arrived at 8am…but for the fact that people had strong passion, strong commitment to vote for me, when they waited for four hours they would have gone home

The former labour leader commended President Jonathan on his stance on free and fair elections.

He said the Edo case was a proof that the nation was capable of organising credible elections.

He said, “For me, what the Edo election has confirmed is that when the President and Commander-in-Chief puts the country first and foremost conducts himself as a statesman and not just a party leader, credible elections are possible.

“People were apprehensive that the Nigerian Army could be misused. But of course I told them I didn’t think they were right because the President gave a clear directive that the votes must count. He warned that there would be no rigging, no manipulation, no ballot snatching and orders were given to the army to ensure none of those things happened and the Army carried out the order.”

The governor faulted the arguments by some people that he was hasty in criticising the conduct of the election before he was later declared winner, saying, “the fact that you got home safely does not mean you should not investigate an accident scene.”

He said he had to cry out on time because he heard before the election that some leaders of an unnamed opposition party agreed that they would work on some officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission to delay the supply of electoral materials to areas known as his stronghold.

The plan, according to him, was to frustrate those who might want to vote for him and force them to return home after waiting in the queue for hours.

He said, “When you see things like this happening, one should not keep quiet until after one’s death; then a professor of anatomy will go and establish the possible causes of death?

“If you have been a victim of election rigging, you will know that it doesn’t make sense to see people rigging you out and you keep quiet because you do not want to raise the alarm.

“In every battle, you take pre-emptive steps because it can make all the difference. Medicine after death doesn’t make sense except to foolish people and I am not a foolish man.”

Oshiomhole had on Sunday, moments after he was declared winner by the Independent National Electoral Commission, heaped praises on Jonathan whom he described as a “statesman and man of honour” for keeping to his words to allow peaceful election in Edo.

He polled a total of 477,478 votes as against the PDP’s Maj.-Gen.Charles Airhiavbere’s 144, 325 votes.

Airhiavbere meanwhile on Monday said he would not congratulate Oshiomhole because the governor had faulted the election process before he was declared winner.

He said, “I won’t fully comment on the election because the acclaimed winner had earlier in the day condemned the electoral system, he condemned the chairman of INEC for the process that has not ended.

“That process at the end of the day declared him the winner. I will observe in the next few days before I make my comment. It could have been easy to congratulate him but he also had pre-empted the system that brought him.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-would-have-won-with-a-wider-margin-oshiomhole/

Ah! common Osho baba leave it alone, you have already won and thats all that matters, even if its only by a vote. I dont really see any point further blowing ur trumpet. CONGRATS MAN! You deserve what you got.
Why the hell does the pdp flagbearer keep calling his governor "ACCLAIMED WINNER"? This guy must be HIGH ON MILITARY PUSH-UPS or something.
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by vanstanzy(m): 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2012
veraponpo: @Okija Juju.

Bunch of strangers.

YORUBAS' always so quick to turn every single thread into"TRIBAL WAR". Wetin bring tribalism into this topic now?Well, unfortunately for us (Igbos' and other tribes), we've got to live with ur lot. Don't bother commenting on my post though, i won't discuss any further on Tribalism, reasons, DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO WASTE.
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Okijajuju1(m): 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2012
vanstanzy:

YORUBAS' always so quick to turn every single thread into"TRIBAL WAR". Wetin bring tribalism into this topic now?Well, unfortunately for us (Igbos' and other tribes), we've got to live with ur lot. Don't bother commenting on my post though, i won't discuss any further on Tribalism, reasons, DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO WASTE.

GBAM!!!
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by dayokanu(m): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2012
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by dayokanu(m): 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
vanstanzy:

Did you see the post below?

Okija_juju: Im not surprised.. Edo people are part Yoruba.. They talk too darn fhucking much....

His Convoy hits a trailer - PDP are trying to kill me..

STudents mob his convoy for breaking his promise - PDP tried to assasinate me..

Election results are being collated - PDP are trying to rig me out

He wins the election - The PDP tried but failed to rig me out..

Okay you are now the accepted winner - I would have won with a wider margin....
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Okijajuju1(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2012
dayokanu:

Did you see the post below?

Bros Wassup now!?

Who invite you join this matter?

angry
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2012

Is there any group you guys wont insult? Werent you claiming on another thread that Edos were Igbos? Now theyre Yorubas, right?

SMH

At times I wonder if men from your area have a period every month that makes them act so feminine and bitchy, because this is not normal at all.

1 Like

Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Okijajuju1(m): 5:27pm On Jul 17, 2012
kingoflag: Is there any group you guys wont insult? Werent you claiming on another thread that Edos were Igbos? Now theyre Yorubas, right?

SMH

At times I wonder if men from your area have a period every month that makes them act so feminine and bitchy, because this is not normal at all.

Na wah o!!

So una wan carry this matter for head?!
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

Na wah o!!

So una wan carry this matter for head?!

Who is una? G'ahead: Group me. Thats what you guys do best anyways.

Youre acting like a little bit*ch and thats what I'm just saying. Nothing much
Re: I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole by Okijajuju1(m): 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2012
kingoflag:

Who is una? G'ahead: Group me. Thats what you guys do best anyways.

Youre acting like a little bit*ch and thats what I'm just saying. Nothing much

For saying that Oshomole bitches like the Yorubas?! undecided

Its all good..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BayelsaTV Ends Live Programme After Guests Criticised Govt's Inefficiency / Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo / If Nigeria Was To Divide....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.