Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,970 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Nlanders, Pls Help: How Do I Claim My Late Mother's Shares? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nlanders, Pls Help: How Do I Claim My Late Mother's Shares? (884 Views)

Help! How Can I Receive Dollar Without A Dom. Account. / Urgent Advice On Termination Of My Late Mum's Fixed Deposit / How To Claim My Shares Dividend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nlanders, Pls Help: How Do I Claim My Late Mother's Shares? by bvc(m): 11:44am On Jul 18, 2012
My mother died years back with a lot of shares in her name. I have the certificates. How do I claim them? What are the requirements? Is there a time frame?

Also, she bought shares in my name as well, but she was the signatory. How do I claim those as well? I'm clueless in this respect. I left this for so long, but enough of the procrastination.

Please help me good people of Nairaland.

Thanks all, in anticipation
Re: Nlanders, Pls Help: How Do I Claim My Late Mother's Shares? by domiron: 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2012
You need to seek the services of a good lawyer. Talk to one, i'm sure he will know how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Nlanders, Pls Help: How Do I Claim My Late Mother's Shares? by adorebee(f): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2012
Having the̶̲̥̅̊ certs is one thing,ving the̶̲̥̅̊ tellers is another thing.you dont reallky need a lawyer @ the̶̲̥̅̊ moment(untill when thing becomes difficult).what you need is a GENUINE stockbrocker,to back you up.He would direct you on how to write a letter called (LEtter of Administration)to the̶̲̥̅̊ bank where ur mother pays the̶̲̥̅̊ shares money into.Every other thing follows after this.Get ur mothers death certificaye ready,bt I must warn u,its nt a sharp sharp thing,it involves money.A̶̲̥̅♏ writing from xperience,when my dad went after my grandfathers shares.too much travelling too to companies h/quarters.took him like 2 yrs.hope this helps,goodluck
Re: Nlanders, Pls Help: How Do I Claim My Late Mother's Shares? by bvc(m): 8:13am On Jul 19, 2012
Thank you very much Domiron and Adorebee! I appreciate, firstly I now know I still stand a chance. So, I'll go ahead and contact a good stock broker. Thanks again. More necessary information are welcomed
Re: Nlanders, Pls Help: How Do I Claim My Late Mother's Shares? by bvc(m): 8:14am On Jul 19, 2012
Thank you very much Domiron and Adorebee! I appreciate, firstly I now know I still stand a chance. So, I'll go ahead and contact a good stock broker. Thanks again. More important information are welcomed
Re: Nlanders, Pls Help: How Do I Claim My Late Mother's Shares? by feelamong(m): 10:18am On Jul 19, 2012
bvc: Thank you very much Domiron and Adorebee! I appreciate, firstly I now know I still stand a chance. So, I'll go ahead and contact a good stock broker. Thanks again. More important information are welcomed

Just seek a good stockbroker who will advise you. But try to get a letter of administration where you will be the nominated administration for her Estate and then you have to open an account on that name that you will do what they call 'Transmission' where all the shares whether in certificate or CSCS are converted to the Estate name... Good luck! and invest the money wisely when you get it!!
Re: Nlanders, Pls Help: How Do I Claim My Late Mother's Shares? by bvc(m): 9:23am On Jul 20, 2012
Thank you sir @ Mr. Feelamong

(1) (Reply)

Can You Invest In Uba For Long Long Term? / Starlite Financial Company / Clarification On 2016 Mavros: When You Will Get It .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.