Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? (2808 Views)

The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 20, 2012
2good:

How come over 90% of Nigerians are very religious with Atheist as minority while the level of poverty and suffering is extremely high? Many European countries on the alternative have almost 50% and above Atheist population yet you Nigerian Christians flood their embassy struggling to go to their ungodly country. What about all the special prayer points you guys make in your churches just to get a visa to go their country?
You are just too deluded to even give a chance to using your brain and it is too bad because you are making a fool of many of the reasonable theist around.

Also why did you delete this post I quoted?
This is just a lie and the same stat u posted didn't show 'many'
www.nairaland.com/attachments/759802_Religion_in_Europe_PNGd491479665a3a3c31e48ac93446e6c8b
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by 2good(m): 9:12am On Jul 20, 2012
toba: This is just a lie and the same stat u posted didn't show 'many'
www.nairaland.com/attachments/759802_Religion_in_Europe_PNGd491479665a3a3c31e48ac93446e6c8b

What is a lie thetre? Ok may be I used the wrong word by saying Atheist because Agnostic, Pantheist etc are not really 100% Atheist. But I repeat that many European countries have less than 50% of their population believing in the existence of God and you can clearly see that from the table provided. if you claim it is a lie, then provide a counter proof to show it is a lie rather than just making a senseless statement without proof which is common among Christians.
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 20, 2012
2good:

What is a lie thetre? Ok may be I used the wrong word by saying Atheist because Agnostic, Pantheist etc are not really 100% Atheist.

This is your first goof cos Agnostic arent atheist. They'll tell u they belong in between? i.e I don't know but atheists tells u they Know

But I repeat that many European countries have less than 50% of their population believing in the existence of God and you can clearly see that from the table provided. if you claim it is a lie, then provide a counter proof to show it is a lie rather than just making a senseless statement without proof which is common among Christians.
U are simply talking nonsense and convulsing early in the morning. What does the same table says about ur frivolous claim? What % do u consider as many amongst a whole?
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:40am On Jul 20, 2012
A christian is a religionist, dude. And christianity is very much a religion, no matter how much folks like you would love to think otherwise. Christianity has been a religion for the last two thousand years and you come along thinking you can change that? Delusion.
FXKing2012:

I'm no religionist, I'm a Christian. What folks like u will never understand is that Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship. But of course, I dont expect u to understand.
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by FXKing2012(m): 9:44am On Jul 20, 2012
Jenwitemi: A christian is a religionist, dude. And christianity is very much a religion, no matter how much folks like you would love to think otherwise. Christianity has been a religion for the last two thousand years and you come along thinking you can change that? Delusion.

That is according to you.
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 20, 2012
Jenwitemi: A christian is a religionist, dude. And christianity is very much a religion, no matter how much folks like you would love to think otherwise. Christianity has been a religion for the last two thousand years and you think you can change that? Delusion.
Always Jumping into conclusion just to show ur hatred for Christians. Define a Religion and i'll prove to u that many Christians will not fit into your definition
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by FXKing2012(m): 9:49am On Jul 20, 2012
omo_to_dun:

Common sense tells me that a perfect God can only create a perfect world. That our world is imperfect says a lot about its putative creator.

For thousands of years, your ancestors lived in Africa without the knowledge of Jesus, so I guess, they are all bound for hell, according to you and as per the indoctrinations melded into your heart as a child.

It really is a shame that Christians must use fear to try to persuade non-Christians to convert.

I'd rather die an atheist than end up an hateful person as you are.

Those who lived and died before Jesus came to the world are under a different dispensation and will not be judged the same way as those who knew about Jesus but refused to accept him. Pls get knowledge before coming here to spew droppings.
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Enigma(m): 9:52am On Jul 20, 2012
@ toba

It is not even worth wasting too much time on that kind of post and misuse of "statistics". It is actually stupid (or simplistic, to pretend to be polite) to say that a nation is poor because its population is "religious" or that a nation is rich because its population is "irreligious".

Take just two things into consideration (there are several other factors actually):

The population of Denmark is about 5 million (probably less than half the population of Lagos); the population of Nigeria is about 180 or so million. Does that not already tell you something about the share of national resources available to individuals in the respective countries? On the other hand the USA which has a huge population is still considered "rich" (despite its debt) because of e.g. the size of its GDP when compared to Nigeria's. But guess what is more important here in the context of this thread? America is a predominantly religious country!

The second thing (even though there are many others I could point to) is that the people who rely on these "statistics" are either misinformed or duplicitous in not pointing out that (a) the countries they are relying upon actually built their wealth and its foundation at a time when their people were religious and (b) many of them e.g. Denmark actually still have a state religion --- which is usually Christianity.

Oh and for those relying on those kind of statistics I give you one more country to add to your list ---- Monaco (one of the richest countries and a nice place too smiley ) .

cool
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by 2good(m): 9:57am On Jul 20, 2012
toba:

This is your first goof cos Agnostic arent atheist. They'll tell u they belong in between? i.e I don't know but atheists tells u they Know

U are simply talking nonsense and convulsing early in the morning. What does the same table says about ur frivolous claim? What % do u consider as many amongst a whole?

You are saying nonsense. I don't believe in any of the god in existence today including your god because it was created by men that didn't understand how the world works. I also will not categorically tell you that there is no possibility of a god but he currently remain a myth until you give a reasonable proof. How many of the countries there have more than 50% believing in god and compare that with Nigeria where more than 85% believe in god based on census result. Yet the suffering and poverty in Nigeria is way more than what you can imagine in many of these countries. 14 out of 33 of the countries there have more than 50% believing in god meaning that 19 of the countries on the list have more than 50% as Atheist and skeptics.

P.S. this are the possible English definition of 'many' so you can educate yourself.

a lot of, lots of, numerous, loads of (informal), countless, several, various, scores of, sundry, voluminous
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 20, 2012
toba: Always Jumping into conclusion just to show ur hatred for Christians. Define a Religion and i'll prove to u that many Christians will not fit into your definition
Can you open a thread proving that Xtianity is NOT a religion? Let's get away from this embarrassment..
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by MacDaddy01: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2012
Enigma: @ toba

It is not even worth wasting too much time on that kind of post and misuse of "statistics". It is actually stupid (or simplistic, to pretend to be polite) to say that a nation is poor because its population is "religious" or that a nation is rich because its population is "irreligious".

Take just two things into consideration (there are several other factors actually):

The population of Denmark is about 5 million (probably less than half the population of Lagos); the population of Nigeria is about 180 or so million. Does that not already tell you something about the share of national resources available to individuals in the respective countries? On the other hand the USA which has a huge population is still considered "rich" (despite its debt) because of e.g. the size of its GDP when compared to Nigeris. But guess what is more important here in the context of this thread? America is a predominantly religious country!

Th second thing (even though there are many others I could point to) is that the people who rely on these "statistics" are either misinformed or duplicitous in not pointing out that (a) the countries they are relying upon actually built their wealth and its foundation at a time when their people were religious and (b) many of them e.g. Denmark actually still have a state religion --- which is usually Christianity.

Oh and for those relying on those kind of statistics I give you one more country to add to your list ---- Monaco (one of the richest countriesand a nice place too smiley ) .

cool

1) America is quite a secular country when it comes to law despite the religiousity of its people
2) America is the 4th country in terms of human development. 3 European countries surpass it. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index)
3) America is not even in the top 10 peaceful countries on the global peace index http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index

These statistic clearly suggest that God is not necessary and sometimes a hindrance to human development. You argue that many of these countries had a christian history but Japan doesnt. You argue that America is has a very religious population but America is secular. Secularism is the common denominator among all the prosperous and peaceful countries. Secularism and freedom. Majority of those countries have gay rights. Christians/muslims should be ashamed because the best civilizations exists when there are gay rights. All countries with gay rights are better than your religious Nigeria
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 20, 2012
2good:

You are saying nonsense. I don't believe[b] in any of the god in existence today including your god because it was created by men[/b] that didn't understand how the world works.
Ok. I really do not care whether u believe in any god or gods. Im simply challenging the BS you've posted here. BTW what's ur proof that Men created god?

I also will not categorically tell you that there is no possibility of a god but he currently remain a myth until you give a reasonable proof.
Believing or disbelieving is a matter of choice and i really do not care if u believe now or choose to believe in the future

How many of the countries there have more than 50% believing in god and compare that with Nigeria where more than 85% believe in god based on census result. Yet the suffering and poverty in Nigeria is way more than what you can imagine in many of these countries.
U are simply talking out of ignorance. What has believing in God got to do with how men chose to lead and rule their people? Syria is an Islamic country yet they are fighting themselves cos of bad leadership. Do u have any proof that the crisis going on in that country has to do with believing or disbelieving in God? Do atheist and those that do not believe in anything also go morally and ethically wrong? Guy its too early to start chatting BS. Try to reason like a normal human being

14 out of 33 of the countries there have more than 50% believing in god meaning that 19 of the countries on the list have more than 50% as Atheist and skeptics.
Stop getting confused. If certain % of pple chose to believe in spirits and forces responsible for creation or life, they can be easily aligned with those that believe in God cos by definition, God is a spirit and he's said to be the force behind the earth or our world today. This automatically 'kills' ur trying to align the other aspect of the people with atheists/sceptics. Therefore ur use of word 'Many' is still very very wrong.

P.S. this are the possible English definition of 'many' so you can educate yourself.

a lot of, lots of, numerous, loads of (informal), countless, several, various, scores of, sundry, voluminous
with this, u are still wrong. read my comment above
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 20, 2012
musKeeto:
Can you open a thread proving that Xtianity is NOT a religion? Let's get away from this embarrassment..
Im sure u can read and comprehend English. I said Many christians would not fit into the definition of Religion Today.

My response doesn't stop u from opening a thread if u want.
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by 2good(m): 10:22am On Jul 20, 2012
toba: Ok. I really do not care whether u believe in any god or gods. Im simply challenging the BS you've posted here. BTW what's ur proof that Men created god?

Believing or disbelieving is a matter of choice and i really do not care if u believe now or choose to believe in the future

U are simply talking out of ignorance. What has believing in God got to do with how men chose to lead and rule their people? Syria is an Islamic country yet they are fighting themselves cos of bad leadership. Do u have any proof that the crisis going on in that country has to do with believing or disbelieving in God? Do atheist and those that do not believe in anything also go morally and ethically wrong? Guy its too early to start chatting BS. Try to reason like a normal human being

Stop getting confused. If certain % of pple chose to believe in spirits and forces responsible for creation or life, they can be easily aligned with those that believe in God cos by definition, God is a spirit and he's said to be the force behind the earth or our world today. This automatically 'kills' ur trying to align the other aspect of the people with atheists/sceptics. Therefore ur use of word 'Many' is still very very wrong.

with this, u are still wrong. read my comment above

You are so ignorant that you see the truth and still decide to be ignorant because of religious brainwashing. I have no time arguing with an ignoramus like you. continue to live in your delusion
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 20, 2012
2good:

You are so ignorant that you see the truth and still decide to be ignorant because of religious brainwashing. I have no time arguing with an ignoramus like you. continue to live in your delusion
I'm used to hearing this from atheists. Good luck to you.
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by FXKing2012(m): 10:34am On Jul 20, 2012
2good:

How come over 90% of Nigerians are very religious with Atheist as minority while the level of poverty and suffering is extremely high? Many European countries on the alternative have almost 50% and above Atheist population yet you Nigerian Christians flood their embassy struggling to go to their ungodly country. What about all the special prayer points you guys make in your churches just to get a visa to go their country?
You are just too deluded to even give a chance to using your brain and it is too bad because you are making a fool of many of the reasonable theist around.

Also why did you delete this post I quoted?

Many, if not all, of those countries are highly religious. Christianity or Islam is always the state religion in all the rich and prosperous countries in the world - from the west to the middle east. Even China and India are so much into Buddhism, Taoism, Conficianism, and Hinduism. Those European countries u mentioned became prosperous when they were still deeply religious, and now that many of them are starting to turn away from God (due to deceit by satan), they are crumbling under huge debts, crime and general financial mismanagement to the point of almost going bankrupt e.g. Italy, Spain, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, etc etc
Name one country that is not religious and prosperous.
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 20, 2012
toba:
Im sure u can read and comprehend English. I said Many christians would not fit into the definition of Religion Today.

My response doesn't stop u from opening a thread if u want.
So when you say Christians, you're not referring to Christianity? wow.. the lengths you Christians (not Christianity) are willing to go to save face..
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by FXKing2012(m): 10:44am On Jul 20, 2012
Jenwitemi: A christian is a religionist, dude. And christianity is very much a religion, no matter how much folks like you would love to think otherwise. Christianity has been a religion for the last two thousand years and you come along thinking you can change that? Delusion.

What is Christianity and who is a Christian. How can you know what Christianity really is when u are not one? A Christian is telling you Christianity is a relationship, and u are there arguing when u are not even one. Does that not show u are the delusional one.
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 20, 2012
musKeeto:
So when you say Christians, you're not referring to Christianity? wow.. the lengths you Christians (not Christianity) are willing to go to save face..
I know most of u guys here are trolls. here's my post

toba: Always Jumping into conclusion just to show ur hatred for Christians. Define a Religion and i'll prove to u that many Christians will not fit into your definition
and in response to this
I hope u can read the emphasized text
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2012
toba:
I know most of u guys here are trolls. here's my post

and in response to this

I hope u can read the emphasized text
Dear Lord.... smh...
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by FXKing2012(m): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2012
2good:

The classical response of an atheist, dont u guys ever get tired of using this same line cos sincerely I think itz been over-used.
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:29pm On Jul 20, 2012
Quit the persecution talk, will you. It is old, already. Come up with something new and fresh.
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
A christian goes to church, carries bible about, profess his/her love and worship of Jesus christ and awaits his return, believes Jesus died for the sin of mankind and arose on the third day to become christ. What else is there to know? What else have i missed?

A religionist is, most times, religious. And that is what all christians are, RELIGIOUS. And the last time i looked, religious folks(eg. christians) have RELIGION like christianity which is, itself, a religion.
FXKing2012:

What is Christianity and who is a Christian. How can you know what Christianity really is when u are not one? A Christian is telling you Christianity is a relationship, and u are there arguing when u are not even one. Does that not show u are the delusional one.
Re: Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? by FXKing2012(m): 12:03am On Jul 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: A christian goes to church, carries bible about, profess his/her love and worship of Jesus christ and awaits his return, believes Jesus died for the sin of mankind and arose on the third day to become christ. What else is there to know? What else have i missed?

A religionist is, most times, religious. And that is what all christians are, RELIGIOUS. And the last time i looked, religious folks(eg. christians) have RELIGION like christianity which is, itself, a religion.

Your definition of a Christian justifies my earlier stance that u have no idea who a Christian really is. And you failed to define a religionist but rather chose to play around wt the word.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Took Off My UNDERWEAR.. / TB Joshua, The Man Who Tricked God? / Top Secrets Your Pastors Are Hiding From You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.