Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,971 members, 7,838,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec (16695 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / Photos Of Shekarau's Triumphant Entry To Kano After His Appointment As The Hon. / Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Ovularia: 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
Kongi is correct in that constitutionally every man\woman has a right to work and earn a living. But the BIG question is – is Mrs Jonathan qualified for the role of Perm Sec. Has she the experience, knowledge and intelligence for such a role? Does she merit it?
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2012
mr_man: i for call you a f00l, but i am sure you knew that already.
taa is he not a humanbeing like senator F wey chop bribe? go toilet joor he don acept sumtin
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Exponental(m): 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
Being a nobel laurette doesnt make one right always, afterall, it is his own opinion, but however, does he mean to say that someone who is not WORKING can be PROMOTED? On what ground does her appraisals fall into?

Only God knows if Abacha, Yaradua n some dead leaders are not on d monthly pay seff....

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by 2mch(m): 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2012
I Think what he is trying to say is that, afterall the First lady's office is not constitutional. So any presidents wife can have a job and work even while the husband is president. What Soyinka failed to expantiate on is the fact that she got the job after her husband became president. It looks more like a political favour than a job given on merit.Which in and of itself, is highly wrong and puts the president in a very bad light. Even if we were going to argue on merit, madam is not qualified to even be a jelosimi staff.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ovularia: Kongi is correct in that constitutionally every man\woman has a right to work and earn a living. But the BIG question is – is Mrs Jonathan qualified for the role of Perm Sec. Has she the experience, knowledge and intelligence for such a role? Does she merit it?
She is very qualified. Check her pedigree before making statements. Dont believe everything you read on internet.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by espn(m): 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2012
No vex baba don dey old..make baba dey sip small alomo small small..e go help dey refreshing brain..

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2012
A nobel laureate once said something like:'what do you expect from a man(GEJ) who has an illiterate woman for a wife'.Now,that same noble laureate is at the forefront, defending the sensitive position allocated to this 'illiterate' woman unconstitutionally.Pls,is soyinka losing it?
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2012
Can somebody point out where the error is in Wole Soyinka's statement?
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Ahmedie25(m): 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2012
This Soyinka man always said rubbish ,pls can he just go & sleep?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2012
Reyginus: A nobel laureate once said something like:'what do you expect from a man(GEJ) who has an illiterate woman for a wife'.Now,that same noble laureate is at the forefront, defending the sensitive position allocated to this 'illiterate' woman unconstitutionally.Pls,is soyinka losing it?
The woman you insult is probably more schooled that you. Why dont you go to wikipaedia and read her biography before sounding convictions of this magnitude. Wole Soyinka never made the silly statement you attribute to him. How educated is your mum anyway ?
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
Reyginus: A nobel laureate once said something like:'what do you expect from a man(GEJ) who has an illiterate woman for a wife'.Now,that same noble laureate is at the forefront, defending the sensitive position allocated to this 'illiterate' woman unconstitutionally.Pls,is soyinka losing it?
Please, is there anything like defense or just pointing out the condition surrounding the appointment by the Laureate?
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
i cant believe u guys are not getting the mockery d prof is trying to make of the government and our constitution... smh
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by juman(m): 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2012
Eko Ile: Soyinka is getting too old and losing his marbles....

You said it all. Most of what he says nowadays are out of order.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2012
@billyonaire.I didnt coin it,soyinka said so.But wait,why would I bother confirming the qualification of dame jonathan when her 'punchlines' rule the grammar world.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by twinstaiye(m): 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mrs Jonathan is still a civil servant under Bayelsa State government, she only took a leave of absence to become first lady ever since her hubby became deputy governor up till now. By being the first lady, and as the true daughter of Bayelsa, she is like a beacon of light to them, and it is only fair that when her peers are being promoted, she also should be promoted, which brings out the reason why she is given the appointment as a perm sec. University Lecturers, Sports men and women etc had all being allowed to go on leave of absence on a special circumstances, and I dont think Her excellency Dame Patience Jonathan should be an exception. Kongi, our own WS, had hit the nail on the head, who cares whose ox is gored.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Elueme: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
My people, the prof is right.. As I said b4 only conscience lies on her to accept the job or not. As for the post being for senior civil servants; who said she's a junior civil servant? And the constitution of the state also allows the gov to promote a worker based on exceptional qualities.... These are ways we can even make our first women more useful,sera and let's shun bias... That office is unconstitutional so they should find something engaging... Let's encourage her
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by trix1: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
All civil servants MUST declare ALL their assets, especially after a 'promotion' like this... If she had accepted it, she would have been forced to declare.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by EPOMA(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2012
Chanchit: Baba don smell oil and gas..!
well that is all Godswill Akpabio has been doing, paying people to come and talk rubbish, he has not paid salaries for months. He thinks arranging lecture for good governance and stealing money will save his a.ss. Time will tell, Ibori been do pass am. They just make me laugh in Nigeria, good governance lectures should be at school to educate our youth
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Caseless: 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
Prof, go sleep! If na 2 increase retirement age or propagate same sex marriage we go invlve u. I knw u'r no more a lecture, y wont u applaud every wrong step taken. Prof statement wil further incomode d situation 4 nigerians and bayelsans.
Billyonaire: The woman you insult is probably more schooled that you. Why dont you go to wikipaedia and read her biography before sounding convictions of this magnitude. Wole Soyinka never made the silly statement you attribute to him. How educated is your mum anyway ?
Prof, go sleep! If na 2 increase retirement age or propagate same sex marriage we go invlve u. I knw u'r no more a lecture, y wont u applaud every wrong step taken. Prof statement wil further incomode d situation 4 nigerians and bayelsans.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Ngwakwe: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2012
all4naija: Can somebody point out where the error is in Wole Soyinka's statement?

Don't you remember the saying that says "my enemy's enemy is my friend", in this case "my enemy's friend is my enemy"

How come so many hate GEJ so much that they have lost all their sense of Judgement and become so foo.lish that their contributions have become so predictable in Nairaland. Yes he may have been clueless in some of the decisions he took but not in all decisions.

My advice to everybody in this forum is for us to avoid been engulfed in hatred against any tribe, person or nation MORE THAN we love yourselves, children, families or Job.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Fellywood(m): 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2012

Why is it that yorubas DONT respect their elders?
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by GenOrumov: 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2012
Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. Just because Soyinka says something, that doesn't make that statement automatically true/correct. As for me, I personally think its MORALLY WRONG for PEJ to have accepted that position considering that the appoinment will generate alot of uproar because its obvious that she will never have time for the office since the office she presently occupies (though unconstitutional) is higher. Therefore, she doesn't need it. Unfortunately, when you're surrounded by sycophants, you may be advised to go to the market n.a.k.e.d just because you have a lovely skin without realizing that walking around n.a.k.e.d will actually make you look stupid.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Sesan2: 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2012
It seems to me that Soyinka was only being 'tongue in cheek'. Pure sarcasm. I think that is why he did not dwell on the issue.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by yankidelta(m): 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
jmaine: [size=18pt] Am laughing in Wole Soyinka [/size]

Na Don King be this ooo...
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by samkoro: 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2012

U are getting too young and losing your reasoning.Inteligent men all over the world leave by rules.

Have u forgoten that some ex governors are senators today.

Have you forgoten that Buhari-an ex head of state became a PTF chairman later.

Have u forgoten that there is no such thing as office of the first lady in Nigerian constitution,thus Patience is just doing an ngo job as a first lady.U cannot accuse her of having two jobs at a time.Besides,there is nothing wrong with doing two jobs.Ask yoruba people in london.

Have u forgoten that last month u were clamouring for Abiola to be declared president post mortem or in absentia.Is legal or illegal

Don't u know that certain positions are honorary.

Don't u know that a governor has the power to appoint/employ who he wishes to,including a jobless or plate washing person like you.

Don't you know that a governor or president has what is called prerogative of mercy(power to pardon) a convict like you.It is constitutional.

Don't u know that some ministers later became senators in their states.

Don't u know that Thiefnubus wife is a senator

Did OBJs wife not enjoy her freedom.What is wrong with u bizi bodies.Well I don't blaim u guys cos idle mind is the devils workshop,and u want patience to be idle like you.

Don't you know that if you sue Patience to a court were God is the judge,u will lose.

Now tell me between u and Soyinka who has a toy brain.Is it not u? Can ur toy brain win a Nobel prize? NO !!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by tpapi: 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2012
tumababa: i cant believe u guys are not getting the mockery d prof is trying to make of the government and our constitution... smh
bros dis is not mockery,WS is very serious,d constitution dos nt disqualify her
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by chucky234(m): 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
I am not against her appointment as a per. Second in Bayelsa state,my problem lies with her salary which I think should have been paid to someone else who need it the most and not PEJ after all the money GEJ has been looting. Not forgetting the N1bn food allocation,why in the world PEJ should be paid salaries?
That's my only problem with her appointment
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by uzomagic(m): 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
berem: na wetin patience given oga shoyinka chop?
I think that Soyinka as always has spoken in line with proper reasoning,,the law of the land and mostbimportantly the dictates of his conscience as he has been known to over the years. I
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by cap28: 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
Soyinka continues to show his true colours by alligning himself with this failure of a govt, he has obviously been paid off. what a shame, i thought he was a man of integrity, that saying that every man has a price is so true.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by DExplorer1: 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2012
twinstaiye: Mrs Jonathan is still a civil servant under Bayelsa State government, she only took a leave of absence to become first lady ever since her hubby became deputy governor up till now. By being the first lady, and as the true daughter of Bayelsa, she is like a beacon of light to them, and it is only fair that when her peers are being promoted, she also should be promoted, which brings out the reason why she is given the appointment as a perm sec. University Lecturers, Sports men and women etc had all being allowed to go on leave of absence on a special circumstances, and I dont think Her excellency Dame Patience Jonathan should be an exception. Kongi, our own WS, had hit the nail on the head, who cares whose ox is gored.

You just said it all. Her excellency has every right to honour the call to duty. She remains a civil servant in Bayelsa.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by DExplorer1: 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
cap28: Soyinka continues to show his true colours by alligning himself with this failure of a govt, he has obviously been paid off. what a shame, i thought he was a man of integrity, that saying that every man has a price is so true.

Watch your words and go get your facts right dude.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by pembisco(m): 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ole soyinka,u ar wrong dis tym around,nonsense!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pini Jason, A Nigerian Pundit, Is Dead / PHOTOS: President Buhari Returns From Jordan / APC Governors Are Sponsoring Daily Protests Against Oshiomhole - Nabena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.