Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec (16694 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / Photos Of Shekarau's Triumphant Entry To Kano After His Appointment As The Hon. / Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by uzomagic(m): 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
Again Wole Soyinka has demonstrated his usual fearlessness and firm resolve to stand for what is right. I think that the crux of this article is his unreserved praise for the outstanding performance of the Akpabio administration in Akwa Ibom State. Like all right thinking Nigerians, Soyinka has downplayed the importance conferred on Dame Patience's appointment by gutter tabloids and opposition elements. The truth is that the issue should never even have been an issue for National discourse as it is trivial, mundane and irrelevant to the general outlook of the Nation's administration and the scant attention Soyinka gives the issue is an example for all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by dabrake(m): 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
Elueme: My people, the prof is right.. As I said b4 only conscience lies on her to accept the job or not. As for the post being for senior civil servants; who said she's a junior civil servant? And the constitution of the state also allows the gov to promote a worker based on exceptional qualities.... These are ways we can even make our first women more useful,sera and let's shun bias... That office is unconstitutional so they should find something engaging... Let's encourage her
stealing the state's money = exceptional quality of a worker. Please educate me more.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by cap28: 9:34pm On Jul 18, 2012
twinstaiye: Mrs Jonathan is still a civil servant under Bayelsa State government, she only took a leave of absence to become first lady ever since her hubby became deputy governor up till now. By being the first lady, and as the true daughter of Bayelsa, she is like a beacon of light to them, and it is only fair that when her peers are being promoted, she also should be promoted, which brings out the reason why she is given the appointment as a perm sec. University Lecturers, Sports men and women etc had all being allowed to go on leave of absence on a special circumstances, and I dont think Her excellency Dame Patience Jonathan should be an exception. Kongi, our own WS, had hit the nail on the head, who cares whose ox is gored.

maybe now would be a good time for her to account to the people of Bayelsa what she did with their N100 million that she stole and laundered with the help of her sister in London.

Beacon of light my arse! have you ever come across a perm sec that has problems reading and writing? well, now you have one in the person of Mrs Jonathan - Nigeria! what a country!
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Aikayy: 9:35pm On Jul 18, 2012
All u nairalanders can keep hating GEJ. I hope it doesn't lead u clowns to a seizure or heart attack. Yes Patience Jona got the civil service job because of GEJ influence, who was deputy governor @ that point in time. Hypocrites, if u all get in positions of affluence....pls don't help members of ur family. Its not as if she wasn't qualified to get d job in d 1st place. She has been promoted to d position of perm sec! So? Isn't she qualified? After all, being 1st lady isn't constitutional! Or is phucking GEJ also a national duty? Abeg leave GEJ alone joor!!!!

VERY SOON IT WOULD B UNCONSTITUTIONAL 4 SUMOME TO RISE FROM BEING A TEACHER TO BEING PRESIDENT IN 12 YEARS.. I'm no fan of GEJ, but rather than hate, his story should inspire us. The Americans would call it "The American Dream"!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by francis247(m): 9:37pm On Jul 18, 2012
The love of Oil and Gas is the root of all evil.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Afam4eva(m): 9:38pm On Jul 18, 2012
I wonder why you guys are attacking Soyinka. Is what he said a lie? Doesn't Patience Jonathan have the constitutional right to occupy that office? Then why the derogatory remarks.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by edicolove: 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
This only proves us right when we say those insulting GEJ are on an agenda and are suffering from pull him down syndrome. Typical African witchcraft spirit of "let the whole thing fail if we are not on board."

They have no point most times. See them shouting a few days ago like they had a strong case. They label any GEJ action a gaffe and they are still poor, impoverish 8 to 5, hadn to mouth id1ots who can at best pay for Internet connection. Never achieved anything meaningful in their lives, yet they think they know stuff about governance. Now they want to even advise and correct Kongi! Dunces! SMH.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
isn't it obvious that, like someone has said earlier, Soyinka said this tongue-in-cheek? Surely no one believes that he of all people would sanction this aberration. Its so glaring that you almost miss it lol.
Only that, except if wole soyinka himself has become infected with a virulent strain of GEJ's rampaging i-talk-and-think-afterwards contagion.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by edicolove: 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2012
uzomagic: Again Wole Soyinka has demonstrated his usual fearlessness and firm resolve to stand for what is right. I think that the crux of this article is his unreserved praise for the outstanding performance of the Akpabio administration in Akwa Ibom State. Like all right thinking Nigerians, Soyinka has downplayed the importance conferred on Dame Patience's appointment by gutter tabloids and opposition elements. The truth is that the issue should never even have been an issue for National discourse as it is trivial, mundane and irrelevant to the general outlook of the Nation's administration and the scant attention Soyinka gives the issue is an example for all Nigerians.

Like they say: small (opposition) minds discuss people and events, great minds discuss ideas (agric revolution, PIB, FOI, locally made goods revolution, etc)
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by student10: 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2012
Am in surppot too. I see nothing wrong with it. The woman is more productive than that so called president. If jona can be president patience can be governor self. Give the woman a chance. I can actually see good things comin out of her, she just needs some guiding due to her lack of higher education. Patience dey try.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Zutchy: 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2012
cap28:

maybe now would be a good time for her to account to the people of Bayelsa what she did with their N100 million that she stole and laundered with the help of her sister in London.

!
F.ool. Are you the one who caught her? As old as you are, you still vend fake rumors. Patience Jonathan has never been caught with millions. If she's caugh today, we will all know. The media will cover it just the way they covered the likes of Alams, Dariye. I don't know whether you saw this piece of shit in your imaginary world. Mind what you say so that an action on defamation will not lie against you..
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Kobojunkie: 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva: I wonder why you guys are attacking Soyinka. Is what he said a lie? Doesn't Patience Jonathan have the constitutional right to occupy that office? Then why the derogatory remarks.

He made a statement that does not have much meaning really. First, to the Constitution the woman is just another Nigerian, but Bayelsa law which this really applies, she is a Nigerian subject to the state's laws, and that is what really matters here.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by ziccoit: 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2012
Prof Wole Soyinka. Sorry, I need to humbly put it that you are on your own on this matter o.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by ziccoit: 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2012
edicolove: This only proves us right when we say those insulting GEJ are on an agenda and are suffering from pull him down syndrome. Typical African witchcraft spirit of "let the whole thing fail if we are not on board."

They have no point most times. See them shouting a few days ago like they had a strong case. They label any GEJ action a gaffe and they are still poor, impoverish 8 to 5, hadn to mouth id1ots who can at best pay for Internet connection. Never achieved anything meaningful in their lives, yet they think they know stuff about governance. Now they want to even advise and correct Kongi! Dunces! SMH.

What a strong case is more than reserving the highest position in civil service to "her fellow widows", when the best brains are abound. What kind of development do you expect in this kind of situation?
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by gbengalite(m): 10:22pm On Jul 18, 2012
Thats his own opinion any way...
I support my Nobel Laurette! Gbam

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by gbomojomo(m): 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
Dr. Wise:
CB of TTG is absolutely right. Yoha to your bones.

Capon no dey lie
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 18, 2012
LMAO!
Some houseflies here are still saying he's wrong.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
Are u saying u know more than him?
Ileke-IdI:
O ti pe ti mo ti n so pe Soyinka is getting too old and rusty for politics.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2012
Dem don push something enter this guy hand be dat. cool
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by RabiuAnka(m): 11:32pm On Jul 18, 2012
Prof go and rest we are tired with all these your noise.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by lexsals4real(m): 12:05am On Jul 19, 2012
berem: na wetin patience give oga shoyinka chop?
ohhhhhh chai...Wole why do u say this..-integrity don dey fall ohhh!!!
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by kunlekunle: 3:21am On Jul 19, 2012
Prof was once asked why he was not in politics,
he said 'im just a checker, putting good and democratic governance in place'
when the govt has or wants to go astray thats when i shout.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by size38: 6:18am On Jul 19, 2012
She was appointed perminent secretary in her state and some nigerians are just jeolous why? Naija people, make una change una hate attitude, e no good at all.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by page1: 6:25am On Jul 19, 2012
d only tin i support in his speech is all state govt shd stop differentiating btw state or federal road constructions afterall dis roads passes thru ur state, so pls all state govt shd follow suit
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by emsquare(m): 7:00am On Jul 19, 2012
Kobojunkie: Well, it is not the Constitution that has to disqualify her from the office but Bayelsa State's own rules which stipulate that the seat goes to Senior officers in the Civil force. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

True!
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by emsquare(m): 7:02am On Jul 19, 2012
alaoeri: They don share ghana must go reach wole soyinka side for saying this.

Lol!
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by kinguwem: 7:04am On Jul 19, 2012
kingoflag: On this one, I think Prof. Soyinka is wrong. Even if the Constitution said it was right, even if Bayelsa Rules said she could get the job[b]-- ETHICALLY-- IT WAS WRONG!!![/b] You don't just pull someone out of pseudo-retirement ---the wife of the President for that matter--- and give her a Job for which she has had no experience in 12yrs. The civil service is not a private company, and even Private Companies rarely take such risks. Lets even assume she took the job, how could the ministry function with all the distractions that are bound to occur with her being in the building; Retinue of Aides, Security Agents, and the usual hanger ons and "Contract Beggars" that are sure to show up day after day begging for Government Contracts? How will security at the gate determine who is there for legitimate business and who is there to beg for N500m road contract? Prof. Soyinka, you see where I'm coming from?

Nigerians are wasting time not having impeached this man and his likes all across the country, in droves. Three more years of this man and by 2015, Nigeria will (in comparison to Developed countries) be like Togo of 1972. ITS THAT BAD!
GEJ has nothing to offer the country, and its his little actions like this that show it to us all. He is not in control of anything, not even capable of encouraging his silly wife to distance herself from silly spectacles such as this.

What a shame for a country with so much potential for greatness.
I don't think you're a public servant. Please read the public service rules before you comment.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by ijemomo(m): 7:07am On Jul 19, 2012
PROF! I still hail u, but ds one I no fit talk.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by begwong: 7:47am On Jul 19, 2012
what do u xpect him to say at a state govt function.
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by katordidi(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2012
we know its not unconstitutional but its morally not right to me. I hope good old soyinka is not growing senile already
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by jude33084(m): 7:49am On Jul 19, 2012
Boko Haram ∂ Manifestation of ∂ virulent( actively poisonous) religion cheesy cheesy

This ♏ãn get mind oh! shocked

Bt concerning τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ perm sec issue well,... lipsrsealed
Re: Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec by ortopazz(m): 8:54am On Jul 19, 2012
kingoflag: On this one, I think Prof. Soyinka is wrong. Even if the Constitution said it was right, even if Bayelsa Rules said she could get the job[b]-- ETHICALLY-- IT WAS WRONG!!![/b] You don't just pull someone out of pseudo-retirement ---the wife of the President for that matter--- and give her a Job for which she has had no experience in 12yrs. The civil service is not a private company, and even Private Companies rarely take such risks. Lets even assume she took the job, how could the ministry function with all the distractions that are bound to occur with her being in the building; Retinue of Aides, Security Agents, and the usual hanger ons and "Contract Beggars" that are sure to show up day after day begging for Government Contracts? How will security at the gate determine who is there for legitimate business and who is there to beg for N500m road contract? Prof. Soyinka, you see where I'm coming from?

Nigerians are wasting time not having impeached this man and his likes all across the country, in droves. Three more years of this man and by 2015, Nigeria will (in comparison to Developed countries) be like Togo of 1972. ITS THAT BAD!
GEJ has nothing to offer the country, and its his little actions like this that show it to us all. He is not in control of anything, not even capable of encouraging his silly wife to distance herself from silly spectacles such as this.

What a shame for a country with so much potential for greatness.

beautifully said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If SARAKI Can Preside, Then AMAECHI Should Pass / EFCC Seeks Interpol’s Help To Arrest Adoke, Others / Amarachi Iwuanyanwu: Imo Deputy Speaker Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.