Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,368 members, 7,954,493 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today (2434 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year / Italian Arraigned For Defrauding Zenith Bank Of N717m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by freelance(m): 11:57am On Dec 06, 2007
Zenith Bank is accessing the Capital Bank to raise N130 billion naira.

The hybrid offer which opens today is made up of rights issue of 1,654,557,99 units each at N36.90 per share and public offer of 1,763,300,00 ordinary share of 50 kobo each at 38.90 kobo per share.

What do you feel about the Zenith Offer? wink
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by frankiriri(m): 5:13pm On Dec 06, 2007
My lips are sealed lipsrsealed concerning this one oh. I can't objectively assess it as I stand to benefit am asking anyone who has made up his mind to buy to buy through me so that I can meet my target. I am a staff.
Contact me on 018983359, 08023193640 or 08038421775
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by Dividends(m): 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2007
The Zenith Bank offer is simply the bomb! Coming at this time of the year, it is a well thought-out ,carefully considered and strategically executed business chess game. For smart investors and those who want to hit it big in the stock market in 2008, there could be no better buy. For FREE counsel and more information, please call 01-2783264, 08030479052, 08076519789.

LAST Word: After the pomp and merriment of the Xmas season comes the harsh reality of January responsibilities. Be wise. Enjoy your life, but also keep something aside for the future. Awaiting your call.
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by wummex(f): 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2007
@Frankriri,

How are we sure, you guys will not go the way of firstbank if there is an oversubsciption? Is there any guarantee?
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by freelance(m): 2:28pm On Dec 13, 2007
wummex:

@Frankriri,

How are we sure, you guys will not go the way of firstbank if there is an oversubsciption? Is there any guarantee?

Good question wink
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by Jairzinho(m): 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2007
Prob a wayo offer ! angry

Granted the share price may never fall below the current offer price,but I detect a measure of arrogance in this offer.

Imagine 3 POs in 3 years,(+ bonus shares + rights issue.)

2 schools of tot exist on this offer:

1. They're engaged in the never ending race to be number 1

2. Sourcing for funds to finance Visafone

However way you look at it 'the ball is in your court'

This are purely my views PLEASE. wink
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by frankiriri(m): 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2007
wummex:

@Frankriri,

Very good question. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee you that there wont be over subcription. However there are ways of ensuring that you stand a good chance of getting full allocation.
For more information contact me.
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by frankiriri(m): 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2007
Jairzinho:

Granted the share price may never fall below the current offer price,but I detect a measure of arrogance in this offer.

Bad belle
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by frankiriri(m): 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2007
Jairzinho:

Bad belle tongue
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by walcolm(m): 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2007
frankiriri:

Bad belle tongue
frankiri,

people are entitled to their opinion but that will not stop d offer from being successful. with the stuff that bank is doing, anybody with any sense should want to get involved

i'd advise jairzinho to get his money together n buy into it rather than beefing grin
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by Jairzinho(m): 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2007
walcolm:

i'd advise jairzinho to get his money together n buy into it rather than beefing grin

No beefs bro,the essence of a forum like this is to get diff points of view,I just stated mine.

I'd advise people should put their money in COSTAIN instead & enjoy REAL growth.

Cheers,
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by frankiriri(m): 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-100808.0.html
Its obvious you stand to gain from the Costain offer. All your comments and the above thread started by you indictae that you are an interested party.
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by Dividends(m): 8:22am On Dec 18, 2007
Jairzinho (m)
FRN

Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today
« #5 on: December 13, 2007, 05:59 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prob a wayo offer !

This are purely my views PLEASE.

Just as we all have the right to say whatever we want to say, so do others have the right to voice their dissenting opinions. Zenith Bank is already number one and has been number one (in Nigeria) for so many years. It now wants to be numero une in Africa! Facts? Find them below:

Investors in Zenith Bank have in the past three years, earned capital appreciation of more than 600 percent. Competent stock market sources said last Friday in Lagos that since the bank’s initial public offering, in 2004, the Zenith Stock has risen progressively from N10.90 to N66.14 per share at the end of trading at the NSE on June 30, 2007, representing a total gain of over N55.24 per share. Apart from the capital appreciation, investors have also reaped from dividend payout as the bank made good on its promise by paying N4.2 billion in 2004/2005 and N6.6 billion dividends or N1.10 per share. This dividend remains the highest paid by any bank, in the 2005/2006 financial years. Zenith Bank also paid dividend of N9.26 billion in 2007 financial year, representing one naira per share in addition to one bonus share for every four held. Zenith Bank shares have remained in demand by investors who desire consistent and stable return on their investments. Stock analysts say that Zenith has given investors the wings to fly, as it is an emerging financial powerhouse. Currently the bank is embarking on a hybrid offer to raise N130 billion in a combined rights issue and public offer. Market experts say this move is in line with the bank’s desire to become a multinational financial conglomerate, seeking opportunities, far beyond its domestic base. The bank has enjoyed a successful year, with its consistently good financial performance producing high patronage on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), leading to its being named the “Quoted Company of the Year” by the council of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

Fitch Ratings Agency has rated Zenith Bank to AA-, the highest of any Nigerian bank, based on what it described as ‘positive outlook’ for the bank in its ratings released last week. The global rating agency’s recognition of the bank’s consistent performance is coming barely two weeks after Zenith was awarded the highest rating of any Nigerian bank by Standard and Poors. Fitch said Zenith Bank ratings were boosted by the maintenance of strong levels of capitalisation, continuation of competitive performance measures relative to peers and sound asset quality indicators. The rating agency, which is committed to providing the world’s credit markets with independent, timely and prospective credit opinions upgraded Zenith’s National Long-term and Short-term ratings to ‘AA- (AA minus)(nga)’ from ‘A+(nga)’ and ‘F1+(nga)’ from ‘F1(nga)’, respectively. “The Positive Outlook for the Long-term IDR reflects Zenith’s strong and growing domestic franchise, consistently good financial performance and low levels of non-performing loans,” Fitch said, “The ratings reflect adequate levels of capitalisation and the potential that capital levels will be further enhanced. The ratings also reflect Nigeria’s difficult operating environment,” the rating agency added. Only a fortnight ago, the bank was accorded BB- rating, the highest given to any Nigerian bank by Standard & Poors.

Any serious-minded investor is encouraged to use Google/any search engine to verify these claims.

ON VISAFONE:
Visafone is an independent telecoms company and is NOT a subsidiary of Zenith Bank. JAIRZINHO obviously did not take his time to read the prospectus of Zenith Bank's hybrid offer before making this un-informed assertion or simply did so out of "bad belle" as someone earlier said. Visafone is perceived in some quarters as a company that has the potential to take the Nigerian telecoms sector by storm come 2008. Let's wait & see.

For a bank that needed not to enter into any marriage of convenience in order to meet its 25 billion consolidation target and that has crossed the $1 billion dollar mark, I wonder what other assertion could be more preposterous! For our education, Zenith Bank raked in 53.63 billion naira in the last Public Offer alone. Visafone cannot gulp half of that, just assuming it becomes an arm of the bank tomorrow!
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by Jairzinho(m): 9:34am On Dec 21, 2007
Hi Dividends,
I'm happy you stuck to the issues & didn't resort to insults.

How can you say Visafone is not an indirect subsidiary of Zenith? Who is the majority shareholder in both firms? There is a very strong relationship my friend.

Once two firms have common ownership they are related significantly,though I NEVER mentioned the word 'SUBSIDIARY'in my previous post,one could to all intents and purposes see them as such.

When the Glaziers took over Manchester United,they took loans from banks,guess on whose books those loans are now?

Like I mentioned,the share price is not likely to go below the current offer price.
Re: Zenith Bank Bumper Offer Opens Today by sweetstjoy(f): 6:36pm On Dec 22, 2007
indeed, zenith is a good buy, (based on track record)
you can make ur money if you speculate very well, but remember, first bank was speculated to sell at 100naira by december and here we are today almost past decmber and the stock is still struggling to reach 50naira,

one thing about stocks we have to know is that you never guarantee any rate of returns over a stock(pure deciet) reasons- alot of things can make stocks to fluctuate, (demand and supply), amongst other things,
but be careful study well and buy becos you can take the risk, dont put all your eggs in one basket, yes you can make returns via investments like zenith and many other banks but you can also make losses as well,

alll the same zenith is a good buy,
one love

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank And Atm Fraud / Jumia Nigeria Wants To Embezzle My Money Almost 600k / How Do I Get My UBA Secure Pass Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.