Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,298 members, 7,853,387 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:37 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309579 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:22am On Oct 26, 2012
Reck-less:
Got GA from 3 Schools western illinois uni...university of illinois Chicago....Illinois state uni full ride baby....confused on which school imma choose outta da 3 skools...plus been a resident.....haha shout out to my hommie Chi-townsmiley imma hook ya up @ Downtown chy Baby.....best of luck prospective students!!!
Wow. Congrats man. I'd say go for University of Illinois Chicago. cool What course are you going for?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mcqt21: 10:52am On Oct 26, 2012
Thks 4 dmaterial@bigfrancis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 11:30am On Oct 26, 2012
Wishing all the Muslim Nairalanders Barka De Sallah And To All Of Us Going For Interview Soon Success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 11:45am On Oct 26, 2012
dnpasion: To All Of Us Going For Interview Soon Success.
AMEN!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
Reck-less:
Got GA from 3 Schools western illinois uni...university of illinois Chicago....Illinois state uni full ride baby....confused on which school imma choose outta da 3 skools...plus been a resident.....haha shout out to my hommie Chi-townsmiley imma hook ya up @ Downtown chy Baby.....best of luck prospective students!!!

??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
imperiouxx: @mr swagger,

Means they won't pronounce you admitted even if you were until they see you bank statement.

@Oga imperiouxx, so dis means I have to send my Bank statements to them. But is it possible for a Bank to issue 5 Bank statements because I intend applying to 5 schools and sending them the Bank statement at once.. is dis going to be possible?. They even want the original Bank statement and a letter from the Bank. I'm kind of confused. I jst don't knw wht to tell my sponsor.. Because it seems awkward, asking for a Bank statement when I'v nt even gotten any admission. Or has anyone in house encountered a similar problem like me here.. Pls help.. I need advice and suggestions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 1:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
mr swagger:

@Oga imperiouxx, so dis means I have to send my Bank statements to them. But is it possible for a Bank to issue 5 Bank statements because I intend applying to 5 schools and sending them the Bank statement at once.. is dis going to be possible?. They even want the original Bank statement and a letter from the Bank. I'm kind of confused. I jst don't knw wht to tell my sponsor.. Because it seems awkward, asking for a Bank statement when I'v nt even gotten any admission. Or has anyone in house encountered a similar problem like me here.. Pls help.. I need advice and suggestions
I am in same situation as u.I intend scanning and reprinting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2012
To all the gurus in the house, if admission letter says transfer and the i20 says length of program is 48month. So, what is now the essence of the transfer status. Your opinion is needed. Thanks Bar ka de sala to all Muslims in the house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2012
mr swagger:

Tell him u need his bank statements to get admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
ollyboy1: To all the gurus in the house, if admission letter says transfer and the i20 says length of program is 48month. So, what is now the essence of the transfer status. Your opinion is needed. Thanks Bar ka de sala to all Muslims in the house

Because ur length of program can not be edited by the skool so its fixed for all undergrad categories
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2012
eduson002: I am in same situation as u.I intend scanning and reprinting.

@Eduson002, please make sure you are not on the wrong path. Contact your school and ask if they accept scanned document. Because I will have prefered dt method of yours.. It very easy dt way. But most schools know hw to detect scanned documents and they don't accept it. Let me knw if they accept scanned documents so I cud easily do the same for mine. By the way r u going for undergraduate studies?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ kpolli.
Thanks for ur response. does that mean transfer student will also spend 48 months or what will I tell them at the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2012
kpolli:

Tell him u need his bank statements to get admission

@Kpolli, Thank you for your comment. I intend telling him. But the problem I'm having his getting the statement in 5 places because I'm applying to 5 schools. I dnt knw if his Bank can issue 5 Bank statement..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2012
mr swagger:

@Kpolli, Thank you for your comment. I intend telling him. But the problem I'm having his getting the statement in 5 places because I'm applying to 5 schools. I dnt knw if his Bank can issue 5 Bank statement..

Yeah they can. Just demand for the recent transaction page (1 or 2pages) and the bank repeats that 5 times. Why won't they be happy to charge his account 5 times?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
ollyboy1: @ kpolli.
Thanks for ur response. does that mean transfer student will also spend 48 months or what will I tell them at the embassy?

That's what u tell the embassy .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
ferdiii:

Yeah they can. Just demand for the recent transaction page (1 or 2pages) and the bank repeats that 5 times. Why won't they be happy to charge his account 5 times?

lol but will he be happy to be charged 5 times?

He should do it once but address it to whom it may concern. . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bodeplot: 4:40pm On Oct 26, 2012
@tochion nd bigfrancis...pls i need toefl and gre materials...help me plz.... makinde.akinbode@yahoo.com...thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
Hello. I've been following this thread for a long yle and I've learnt so much from pple here. I'm a spring 2013 applicant and my 1-20 is in transit. However, I have d details on my i-20 so I can pay my sevis fee. I was wondering if a relative in d Uk can pay it on my behalf?.Also, I don't have d hard copy of my SAT result nd I was wondering if I could go to d interview with a printout of d online report. Thanks for ur time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
Tee.tee:
Hello. I've been following this thread for a long yle and I've learnt so much from pple here. I'm a spring 2013 applicant and my 1-20 is in transit. However, I have d details on my i-20 so I can pay my sevis fee. I was wondering if a relative in d Uk can pay it on my behalf?.Also, I don't have d hard copy of my SAT result nd I was wondering if I could go to d interview with a printout of d online report. Thanks for ur time
I so believe sevis can be paid from UK.And yes u can go wit ur online printout.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ eduson002
Kk. Thank you very much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2012
kpolli:

lol but will he be happy to be charged 5 times?

He should do it once but address it to whom it may concern. . .

This is the document that will make you get admission and I20. How much will it even cost? Shouldn't be more than N1k.It doesn't get addressed to anyone by the bank. You just mail (ground) it to the schools. Do you want to photocopy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
Does anyone know if Neco can issue me an official statement of result because my certificate is not yet out and all I have with me is the statement of result my school gave me. Please I need a response to this. Thanks

Please I need una advise on how to backup my neco statement of result because the certificate is not out yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2012
Congrats @ Reck-less! Easy on your Ebonics, too funny! How are you a resident? Did you win the DvLottery?

To those seeking help with SEVIS, what exactly needs to be done? To pay for it or to mail it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
ferdiii:

This is the document that will make you get admission and I20. How much will it even cost? Shouldn't be more than N1k.It doesn't get addressed to anyone by the bank. You just mail (ground) it to the schools. Do you want to photocopy?

Bros bank letter is atleast 3k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
Tee.tee:

Yeah he can but only big cities like london have the western union outlet that can send so pray he isn't like how I was. . . . Village chilling
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2012
@Knock-out

"I just got admitted into a community college in Michigan..finished secondary school 2005..finished from Lasu were i studied political science and all i have 2 show for it presently is my statement of results. I have been denied visa last year cos i was going as a performer(a musician) at health care free show." I'd advise you NOT to hurriedly schedule an interview without adequate preparation because you've been denied before. What's wrong with your statement of result? Didn't they issue a diploma? Whilst some people may have gotten visas with Junior Colleges, its always advisable to apply to a 4-yr College. Can your "Favorite Aunty" apply at a 4-yr College Pharmacy program on your behalf? When you get here, you can always transfer to Henry Ford.
Prepare answers for the following; Did you write TOEFL?
Why the change of major from Pol Sci.to Pharmacy? Why did you abandon your music career? How do you convince the VO that you will not continue as a performer and drop the pharmD program?
Is this your Aunt resident in the US going to sponsor your education? Be prepared to answer what she does (career/business wise). SUCCESS!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
bodeplot: @tochion nd bigfrancis...pls i need toefl and gre materials...help me plz.... makinde.akinbode@yahoo.com...thanks in advance
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
kpolli:

Bros bank letter is atleast 3k

letter or statement of account.I get the latter free into my e-mail every month end.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmyaydot: 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
ollyboy1: To all the gurus in the house, if admission letter says transfer and the i20 says length of program is 48month. So, what is now the essence of the transfer status. Your opinion is needed. Thanks Bar ka de sala to all Muslims in the house

Undergraduate is for both freshman and transfer status.....depend on the school you are going....if the school have already EVALUATE your official transcript sent to them......or you evaluated it by urself to them.....they can fix you to the next level according to your uncompleted syllabus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2012
ferdiii:

letter or statement of account.I get the latter free into my e-mail every month end.

He said both
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmyaydot: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
Yvete: @Knock-out

"I just got admitted into a community college in Michigan..finished secondary school 2005..finished from Lasu were i studied political science and all i have 2 show for it presently is my statement of results. I have been denied visa last year cos i was going as a performer(a musician) at health care free show." I'd advise you NOT to hurriedly schedule an interview without adequate preparation because you've been denied before. What's wrong with your statement of result? Didn't they issue a diploma? Whilst some people may have gotten visas with Junior Colleges, its always advisable to apply to a 4-yr College. Can your "Favorite Aunty" apply at a 4-yr College Pharmacy program on your behalf? When you get here, you can always transfer to Henry Ford.
Prepare answers for the following; Did you write TOEFL?
Why the change of major from Pol Sci.to Pharmacy? Why did you abandon your music career? How do you convince the VO that you will not continue as a performer and drop the pharmD program?
Is this your Aunt resident in the US going to sponsor your education? Be prepared to answer what she does (career/business wise). SUCCESS!!

ANYWAY TAKE NOTE OF THIS....COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS MENT FOR FRESH HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE.........IF SOMEONE JUST FINISH SECONDARY SCHOOL SCHOOL THE SAME YEAR HE OR SHE CAN APPLY TO COMMUNITY COLLEGE....BUT WHOEVER THAT HAS FINISH HIGH SCHOOL FOR THE PAST 2YR ABOVE....IS NOT ADVISABLE.......POLITICAL SCIENCE IS FOR SOCIAL SCIENCE WHILE PHARMACY IS HEALTH SCIENCE.....THEY ARE NOT RELEVANT AT ALL......YOU EITHER APPLY FOR CERTIFICATE PROGRAM OR BSC ON RELATED COURSE TO POLITICAL SCIENCE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.