Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,776 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309545 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 9:38am On Mar 05, 2013
Yvete:

Lol I guess you sleep on youtube all day watching those TOEFL vids. You'll be shocked that I didn't buy any textbook for TOEFL, I used youtube to practise and I got 104. grin This is a while back anyways and it was a 2nd attempt cos'the first expired.

hehehehehehe cheesy grin... Wallahi i would buy a whole house on youtube if that would make me pass toefl very well. I'm relying solely on the tutorial videos too 'coz i didn't get any textbook and I think i'm .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:17am On Mar 05, 2013
edun.o:
please can someone explain to me how to register for GRE by mail. thank you
reponse needed ASAP
Before you begin you'll need to have someone abroad to help you register. Follow these steps like I did mine:
1) Visit www.ets.org/gre. Download the register-by-mail form for cbt or pbt as you so wish. Fill it out. You can either fill it out electronically using adobe reader like I always do or you print it and fill it out manually, then scan and e-mail to your friend/relative abroad.
2) Have your relative/friend abroad obtain a money order of $175 (the full test fee). He/she will mail the money order together with your scanned form to the designated centre covering Nigeria for the cbt. For the pbt the recipient address will be the US.
Note: money orders are not obtainable in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MsNas(f): 10:54am On Mar 05, 2013
Yvete: *** Ma'am, this is painful to read so I eliminated nonessential information out of it. Would you mind writing in paragraphs? Hope someone helps. Imperiouxx should get the message now. *eyes hurt*

Lmaoo!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bones007: 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
House has anyone try using GTB master card to pay the SEVIS fees?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
@bigfrancis21
can you please send me the 2013 GRE materials? tanx bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2013
bones007: House has anyone try using GTB master card to pay the SEVIS fees?

For where? undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 2:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
winbyforce: @bigfrancis21
can you please send me the 2013 GRE materials? tanx bro
Done.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 05, 2013
First of all, I want to say there's beach in China. The VO was totally wrong but you couldn't voice out to him and he would have changed his mind, perhaps grant you visa. In other words, going to the embassy again for an interview without any form of English Proficiency is not particularly okay. It's like going to classes without learning materials. In a nutshell, i think you really need to improve your CV more so as to succeed this time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
Back from my NL sabatical leave, I hail my oga imperiouxx, godmother Yvete n everyone tat hav been helpful to people seeking for advice una weldone n God bless.@ olarwarlay success on ur exam on friday, I will buzz u on bbm larra

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by franklynx(m): 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:
How are you tackling the new neck-cutting transcript fee? undecided
I came across a thread of yours and thought I'd ask, do you still need the fairly used blackberry phones?

Hi Bigfrancis..d u stil have the used BB fones..I need 'em..hit me up @ 213-284-0245..safe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2013
bones007: House has anyone try using GTB master card to pay the SEVIS fees?

Nope u cannot pay wit GTB master card, u hav to get someone outside nigeria to pay for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2013
seunolumonday: D first time guess I didn't have eye contact with the vo,d second interview I forgot my wedding picture at home,den d third interview d vo dat interviewed me d second time called my number again so he told me he won't be able 2 interview me dis time so he passed me 2 his collegue and d interview was good until he asked me abt my china visa he asked me where I went 2 in china I told him benginn he said wat did I go and doi told him shopping,he said only shopping I told him I went 2 d museum he was still not contented he wanted more so I lied I went 2 d beach,he just said dere was no beach in beginn could have sticked 2 shopping.but now am goin for a student visa interview

First, I won't give you a visa too if all you could tell me about China was to go shopping, go to the beach and museum. In whatever you do, you have to be so smart and think fast. Yes, you could go to anywhere in the world to chill or even gamble if you have the money but if in front of an American V.O, polish all those things and make it sound very interesting to hear.

Second, you went for an interview and forgot your previous visas and any other docs that could show OR convince the V.O that you have strong ties to Nigeria at home? And you think HE/SHE would take you serious? I don't think so. A simple analogy is a potential employee who forgot his/her resume when going for a job interview, what does that tell the employer?

That said, you graduated with a CGPA of 3.48 which is almost a 2.1 from a university in Nigeria and got a score of 58 in TOEFL? I refuse to believe that. Nobody will give you a visa with that low score, the interviewer may even ask if you took any English class or wrote a thesis at all. Secondary school students score nothing less than 75 in TOEFL exams and I see no reason why a university graduate shouldn't score more than that.

[s]And let me tell you this, I am not perfect too or even near perfection when it comes to writing. But I believe that graduates who took English classes and also wrote a thesis/dissertation while in college should be able to atleast construct a simple sentence, make use of paragraphs, cross all T's, dot all I's and make sure whichever message he/she is trying to pass across flow logically. Obviously, we are all still learning and I don't want you to think I am too harsh but I sincerely hope you know that I am telling you the bitter truth which may eventually be of help to you if you work on those points I mentioned.[/s]

Advise: Plan on taking another TOEFL, study very hard for it and score high. Also, take the GMAT or GRE as the case maybe and get good scores too. These will undoubtedly boost your chances. Again, don't take this personal please, I am only keeping it 100%.

I wish you the very best in all you do.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduno: 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
thanks bro. i have already doenloaded the form ill fill it and send it. i have someone in the US that could help with the money order.
secondly what are the likely problems i could encounter?so i could try to avoid them now.

bigfrancis21:
Before you begin you'll need to have someone abroad to help you register. Follow these steps like I did mine:
1) Visit www.ets.org/gre. Download the register-by-mail form for cbt or pbt as you so wish. Fill it out. You can either fill it out electronically using adobe reader like I always do or you print it and fill it out manually, then scan and e-mail to your friend/relative abroad.
2) Have your relative/friend abroad obtain a money order of $175 (the full test fee). He/she will mail the money order together with your scanned form to the designated centre covering Nigeria for the cbt. For the pbt the recipient address will be the US.
Note: money orders are not obtainable in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bones007: 7:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
Seunbunmi:

Nope u cannot pay wit GTB master card, u hav to get someone outside nigeria to pay for you

Thanks sir/ma, I have make up my mind to travel to seme border 2moro morning,really appreciate ur response tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
edun.o:
thanks bro. i have already doenloaded the form ill fill it and send it. i have someone in the US that could help with the money order.
secondly what are the likely problems i could encounter?so i could try to avoid them now.

Problems? *Scratching my head*
Nothing really. Just do as written and you'll get registered.
PRECAUTIONS:
1) When filling your address please use a traceable address to ensure that your GRE hardcopy result gets to you. If convenient for you (if you can get to your school quick), use your former UG university. When I registered initially I used my residential address and my admission ticket never arrived there (if they didn't send it me I don't know). Later I changed my address to my department's address in my UG school and my GRE result arrived there promptly. A coursemate of mine who registered for the test (pbt) used our school's address too and before the exam his admission ticket + pbt preparatory materials arrived from ETS.
2) Make sure your relative sends in your form + money order before the deadline as indicated and to the proper prometric region handling Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 8:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Problems? *Scratching my head*
Nothing really. Just do as written and you'll get registered.
PRECAUTIONS:
1) When filling your address please use a traceable address to ensure that your GRE hardcopy result gets to you. If convenient, use your former UG university. When I registered initially I used my residential address and my admission ticket never arrived there (if they didn't send it me I don't know). Later I changed my address to my department's address in my UG school and my GRE result arrived there promptly. A coursemate of mine who registered for the test (pbt) used our school's address too and before the exam his admission ticket + pbt preparatory materials arrived from ETS.
2) Make sure your relative sends in your form + money order before the deadline as indicated and to the proper prometric region handling Nigeria.

P.O Box address also works.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2013
@OjaP - Lemme act as an ets official here grin and give you a score of 5 out of 5 in the above written essay words of advice. grin grin. It is an Independent Writing Task and has the traditional setting of a 5 paragraph outline. Your points words of advice were clearly stated and it was so easy reading through.... #thumbsUp Bro + God bless all the gurus helping in the house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
bones007:

Thanks sir/ma, I have make up my mind to travel to seme border 2moro morning,really appreciate ur response tho.
Safe journey bro.
As I heard, don't dress too richly or flamboyantly to avoid catching the attention of the border agents. Lol. And hide your money properly to avoid extortion by the same agents. Lolol.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 8:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
Yvete: OjaP: Hehee ... good job in keeping in it 100. The beach in Beijing got me laughing. That VO don't play.

Anyways, schools are not safe anymore. I received this scary text message today.
DATE: March 5, 2013 12:04:03 PM CST
Document Number: 2156
UH Campus Emergency ALERT
Report of a Asian male//white T-shirt/blue jeans/small hand gun//in the area of PHILIP G HOFFMAN HALL//STUDENTS AVOID AREA

This happens when a ret.ard exaggerates their own significance in this world undecided Stay safe you guys!

As long as HE is on the throne, no evil shall befall you guys...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seunolumonday(f): 8:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
Pls scholars no one has advised me on my post pls house assist me its urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2013
seunolumonday: Pls scholars no one has advised me on my post pls house assist me its urgent

OjaP:

First, I won't give you a visa too if all you could tell me about China was to go shopping, go to the beach and museum. In whatever you do, you have to be so smart and think fast. Yes, you could go to anywhere in the world to chill or even gamble if you have the money but if in front of an American V.O, polish all those things and make it sound very interesting to hear.

Second, you went for an interview and forgot your previous visas and any other docs that could show OR convince the V.O that you have strong ties to Nigeria at home? And you think HE/SHE would take you serious? I don't think so. A simple analogy is a potential employee who forgot his/her resume when going for a job interview, what does that tell the employer?

That said, you graduated with a CGPA of 3.48 which is almost a 2.1 from a university in Nigeria and got a score of 58 in TOEFL? I refuse to believe that. Nobody will give you a visa with that low score, the interviewer may even ask if you took any English class or wrote a thesis at all. Secondary school students score nothing less than 75 in TOEFL exams and I see no reason why a university graduate shouldn't score more than that.

[s]And let me tell you this, I am not perfect too or even near perfection when it comes to writing. But I believe that graduates who took English classes and also wrote a thesis/dissertation while in college should be able to atleast construct a simple sentence, make use of paragraphs, cross all T's, dot all I's and make sure whichever message he/she is trying to pass across flow logically. Obviously, we are all still learning and I don't want you to think I am too harsh but I sincerely hope you know that I am telling you the bitter truth which may eventually be of help to you if you work on those points I mentioned.[/s]

Advise: Plan on taking another TOEFL, study very hard for it and score high. Also, take the GMAT or GRE as the case maybe and get good scores too. These will undoubtedly boost your chances. Again, don't take this personal please, I am only keeping it 100%.

I wish you the very best in all you do.

This is advice. grin Or it doesn't count as one? shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 8:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
seunolumonday: Pls scholars no one has advised me on my post pls house assist me its urgent

Look closely for ur answer.... Ga fili, ga doki smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 8:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
@ojap oshe oshe good advice harsh man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2013
@bigfrancis good advice @bones he go make sense make u be smart for that seme border that place na behind the enemy line
Safe journey bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bones007: 8:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Safe journey bro.
As I heard, don't dress too richly or flamboyantly to avoid catching the attention of the border agents. Lol. And hide your money properly to avoid extortion by the same agents. Lolol.

Haha! U make me laugh,I used to school in Lome and I know how they behave in d borders,anyway I really appreciate it. One luv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seunolumonday(f): 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
D school doesn't require any english proficiency just wrote it because d embassy might ask for it,I know d score is low.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bones007: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
smithjanetstore: @bigfrancis good advice @bones he go make sense make u be smart for that seme border that place na behind the enemy line
Safe journey bro.

Thanks bro/sis I no how to handle them,I'm a regular customer there. Really appreciate ur concern tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
seunolumonday: D school doesn't require any english proficiency just wrote it because d embassy might ask for it,I know d score is low.

What's the name of the school that admitted you for their MBA program without GMAT/GRE or TOEFL?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 9:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
@seunolumonday it seems you want us to come up with different stories why cant u make use of OjaP Advise(mr harsh man) Plan on taking another TOEFL, study very hard for it and score high. Also, take the GMAT or GRE as the case maybe and get good scores too. These will undoubtedly boost your chances. Again, don't take this personal please, I am only keeping it 100%.
during your interview that is the first thing the V.O will ask you am talking from exprience even if D school doesn't require any english proficiency
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2013
Yvete: OjaP: Hehee ... good job in keeping in it 100. The beach in Beijing got me laughing. That VO don't play. I remember a guy wrote that he's got a "precious toefl result with score 45". SMH

Anyways, schools are not safe anymore. I received this scary text message today.
DATE: March 5, 2013 12:04:03 PM CST
Document Number: 2156
UH Campus Emergency ALERT
Report of a Asian male//white T-shirt/blue jeans/small hand gun//in the area of PHILIP G HOFFMAN HALL//STUDENTS AVOID AREA

This happens when a ret.ard exaggerates their own significance in this world undecided Stay safe you guys!

Thanx ma'am...lol. I think the VO wanted her to explain more what she went to China for but she missed the opportunity. I can come up with a thousand and one points/reasons if I was asked that question - even when I haven't stepped into any Chinese embassy before. ***It is always good to read***

Madam, better stay off campus for 1 week. Those Asian guys could be crazy ooooo....lol. Stay safe!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2013
olarwarlay: @OjaP - Lemme act as an ets official here grin and give you a score of 5 out of 5 in the above written essay words of advice. grin grin. It is an Independent Writing Task and has the traditional setting of a 5 paragraph outline. Your points words of advice were clearly stated and it was so easy reading through.... #thumbsUp Bro + God bless all the gurus helping in the house.

Hahaha, bros abegiiii oooo.....no dey carry me join body jare. Na your footsteps I dey follow na. Thanx anyways.

Yvete: Did you notice anything in common between this poster and I ? Shh!!!!! don't loud it? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.