Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. (2356 Views)

CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) / Cassava Bread Policy: Jonathan Pushes Ahead / Lawmakers Reject Jonathan’s Cassava Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Good question. No Wheat production is not harder. Nigeria used to be a major player in the wheat world. What has happened is because there has been significant investment in other areas, other than wheat, wheat production has gone down over the decades. The same happened to Cassava. Now the Government, rather than increase production across the board by pouring more resources in all areas, has somehow chosen to put more into cassava production, leaving out other areas such as wheat, maize, palm oil, rice etc. Let us grow them all rather than depriving ourselves of all these because we have been able to get cassava, for now.

I don't think Nigeria was ever a major producer of wheat. Anyway, what I like to know regarding this policy is whether you can still bake 100% wheat bread if the flour was 100% made in Nigeria.
Re: The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 30, 2012
Nigerians have been degraded to the extent that now government is proposing a law quality substitute for bread especially for Nigerians.
shuffering and shmiling !!

My people I hail una ooo!!
Re: The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. by Kobojunkie: 2:51am On Jul 30, 2012
Aigbofa:

I don't think Nigeria was ever a major producer of wheat. Anyway, what I like to know regarding this policy is whether you can still bake 100% wheat bread if the flour was 100% made in Nigeria.

You are probably right that we were not MAJOR MAJOR like the USA. Maybe I exaggerated there a bit(our production was probably only big compared to other african countries) but we had something going until the 90's when we essentially decided to import majority of what we needed. Since then investment in the wheat industry has suffered. It is not too late to go back to local production, and certainly not too late to improve in other areas.
Re: The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. by edogram1(m): 3:51am On Jul 30, 2012
The yeast dont don't down go with cassava
Re: The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 30, 2012
Aigbofa:

That's a good observation. They don't have a comprehensive policy. It's a kneel jerk emotional fire brigade approach to paint a picture of a working president. It's all ruse. If you asked them to provide data on bakery in Nigeria, they would go blank. If you ask them to provide comments on the health implications, they would not give any response. If you ask them how they arrived at what should be the percentage of cassava in the bread, it would still be no response. They are clueless, incompetent, inept and not fit to run the country. They don't have what's called a "policy" not to talk of a comprehensive one.
Re: The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. by edogram1(m): 6:16am On Jul 30, 2012
Where are the 40 laptop guys
Re: The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. by edogram1(m): 6:17am On Jul 30, 2012
Frontpage please.
Re: The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. by PointB: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
@'junkie
i
If Nigeria has no problem producing wheat, what then are you waiting? Get down to work and start producing the wheat and prove your point, rather than this frequent repetitive high stories. Or you expect government to also go into wheat production?
Re: The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. by edogram1(m): 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
Do u think growing wheat is moi moi, alot of man power and funding capital and marketing. Enabling environment
Re: The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
There's another important question that needs answering. What is the nutritional value of cassava bread vis-a-vis wheat-based bread?
Re: The Cassava Bread Policy. The Effect Has Stated. by edogram1(m): 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ask the 40 laptop guys.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement / Buhari, Atiku, Rochas And Sam Nda-isaiah - Hilarious / Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.